Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

All this liberal snowflake tree hugging hippie stuff

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So... just been to greggs, tried a vegan steak bake . from a meat eater have to say it’s not bad!

Next review will be kfc vegan chicken thingy

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *ottielayWoman
over a year ago

by the bay

That’s good news!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I'm yet to try the vegan sausage roll.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So... just been to greggs, tried a vegan steak bake . from a meat eater have to say it’s not bad!

Next review will be kfc vegan chicken thingy "

Really? . The vegan stuff I tried on holiday (it was included in the buffet so at no additional financial cost) was ghastly.

over a year ago

"I'm yet to try the vegan sausage roll."

Its actually not bad

over a year ago

They shut down our Greggs heartbroken

over a year ago

Can’t beat a Greggs sausage roll

over a year ago

I refuse to try the vegan sausage roll

vegans shouldn't have meat substitutes, they made there choice, deal with it!

over a year ago

"I refuse to try the vegan sausage roll

vegans shouldn't have meat substitutes, they made there choice, deal with it!"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"They shut down our Greggs heartbroken "

Write a song about it ....... you've got the first line !

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Get lost

over a year ago

I love the vegan sausage rolls, I haven’t tried the vegan steak bake. Definitely one to try during veganuary

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"So... just been to greggs, tried a vegan steak bake . from a meat eater have to say it’s not bad!

Fabio ........ do that very thing.

As a VEGAN , I find a lot of substitutes are unhealthy shite even if they are tasty. I've given up buying substitutes in the main ..... expensive rubbish bar for one or two quality items

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

My local Greg's doesnt have the vegan steak bake yet . Do like the sausage roll though .

More importantly my local Greg's havnt had Bavarian slices for months have they stopped them ?!?

over a year ago

Get lost "

I feel the same way about lesbians and dildos

By *andKBCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Subway vegan meatballs are on my to try list. But then again I'm vegan Haha

over a year ago

As a VEGAN , I find a lot of substitutes are unhealthy shite even if they are tasty. I've given up buying substitutes in the main ..... expensive rubbish bar for one or two quality items"

This is very true the only true healthy vegan dish is the home made non meat substituted meal. Ive been eating vegetarian during my working week and feel so much better for it, stronger at the gym, much more alert. Id never go vegan/vegetarian as i dont feel the need too and coming from a livestock farming background its against everything i believe in.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Really? . The vegan stuff I tried on holiday (it was included in the buffet so at no additional financial cost) was ghastly. "

The only thing I would say is that it tasted a little bit more like a mince and onion pie.. just because of the amount of onion I think they are using for the vegan gravy, but I am sure they will perfect it....

I’d give it a solid 7/8 out of 10

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

1) Don’t try it, then. Sure Greggs will survive

2) What do you care what they eat? Your argument is ridiculous. They can eat what they want without it having any impact on you INCLUDING Meat substitutes. And your opinion on the subject matters as little as mine to them. Get over yourself.

over a year ago

I agree if someone doesn’t want to eat meat why are vegan foods made to look like burgers sausages and chicken nuggets. Make the food look like plants

over a year ago

2) What do you care what they eat? Your argument is ridiculous. They can eat what they want without it having any impact on you INCLUDING Meat substitutes. And your opinion on the subject matters as little as mine to them. Get over yourself."

Sure thing boss man

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I thought this was a thread for me... but I rarely go to Gregs

over a year ago

If you're a vegan that doesn't eat meat because of animal welfare, then would you go to KFC for the vegan burger?

over a year ago

Each to their own but I agree with some on here, why do they need food that tastes and looks like meat? Surely shape it and make it taste like a flower or something

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"Each to their own but I agree with some on here, why do they need food that tastes and looks like meat? Surely shape it and make it taste like a flower or something "

Or a vagina!

over a year ago

"Each to their own but I agree with some on here, why do they need food that tastes and looks like meat? Surely shape it and make it taste like a flower or something "

Be careful, the forum police will be here shortly to tell you your opinion means nothing

over a year ago

Mushrooms are sentient beings

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

2) What do you care what they eat? Your argument is ridiculous. They can eat what they want without it having any impact on you INCLUDING Meat substitutes. And your opinion on the subject matters as little as mine to them. Get over yourself.

Sure thing boss man "

Oh so your opinion wasn’t that of a “boss man?” - whatever the hell that means??

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

You’re trying to tar me with your brush. You’re the one who has a weird need to control what people eat. Now you’re trying belittle me. If it makes you feel better wire in.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"If you're a vegan that doesn't eat meat because of animal welfare, then would you go to KFC for the vegan burger?"

They shouldn't on principle......

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Mushrooms are sentient beings "

Bugger off that'll be my breakfast over n done with.

Do satsumas scream ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Get lost

I feel the same way about lesbians and dildos "

To be fair most times my dildo does a better job ........ seems to know what I want.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

oooooooo shouty people. It's all going down Ethel !!!

over a year ago

"If you're a vegan that doesn't eat meat because of animal welfare, then would you go to KFC for the vegan burger?"

No. Because KFC is cack

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"If you're a vegan that doesn't eat meat because of animal welfare, then would you go to KFC for the vegan burger?

No. Because KFC is cack"

CACK ? Chicken and Cock Kentucky

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

because the more vegan products that sell the more chance of making a change. That's like saying I wont go to asda to get my almond milk because they sell chicken and lamb aswell

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

for some vegans that used to eat meat but go vegan for other reasons might still like the taste of meat but want to not eat animals....

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

I agree if someone doesn’t want to eat meat why are vegan foods made to look like burgers sausages and chicken nuggets. Make the food look like plants "

But why? People can be vegan or vegetarian and also miss meat. That’s kinda like saying you shouldn’t have alcohol free beers... let people drink water or soft drinks? Having non meat stuff that resembles meat is no big deal.

By the way I’m a meat eater but I don’t understand why we need to have any input into what a vegan or vegetarian eats. Leave them to it. They have as much right to eat what they want as we do

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 02/01/20 12:53:30]

over a year ago

Get lost

I feel the same way about lesbians and dildos

To be fair most times my dildo does a better job ........ seems to know what I want. "

Probably communicates better

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/01/20 12:56:35]

over a year ago

I would definitely move towards Vegan food if I enjoyed eating it.

over a year ago

Greggs vegan sausage rolls are lovely, I think they're nicer than some meat sausage rolls. We do lovely vegan brownie and vegan ice cream where I work too.

Coming from someone who will never be a vegan!

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I would definitely move towards Vegan food if I enjoyed eating it."
theres plenty of nice vegan food out there . Its trial and error finding the ones you like though.

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

It's scientifically proven that you can't build and suitan more lean muscle on a vegan diet than non-vegan diet.

Although originally human survived on plant based nutrition sometime during the homo-sapien era we evolved into meat eaters.

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

Oh so your opinion wasn’t that of a “boss man?” - whatever the hell that means??

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

You’re trying to tar me with your brush. You’re the one who has a weird need to control what people eat. Now you’re trying belittle me. If it makes you feel better wire in."

I was calling you boss man

I dont need to control what people eat, just putting my opinion across. Move on

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"It's scientifically proven that you can't build and suitan more lean muscle on a vegan diet than non-vegan diet.

Although originally human survived on plant based nutrition sometime during the homo-sapien era we evolved into meat eaters."

you cant it's true each have benefits. But alot of the goodness that the human body takes from the meats comes from what the animal eats ...(usually grass or sea and such) (( obviously humans wouldn't go round eating grass though )) also alot of the bad fats comes from dairy and alot of sugar is grown.. which is bad for you .

Theres no right or wrong it's just what the individual chooses and be it vegan or meat what's it matter to the person sitting next to them .

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I would definitely move towards Vegan food if I enjoyed eating it."

Everything you eat is vegan .... cept animal products.

That's not as daft as it sounds. I've made little alteration to my diet and don't buy the expensive substitutes ( one or two I do )

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

You’re trying to tar me with your brush. You’re the one who has a weird need to control what people eat. Now you’re trying belittle me. If it makes you feel better wire in.

I dont need to control what people eat, just putting my opinion across. Move on "

I know you were calling me boss man. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t.

And, in the future, if you’re only expressing an opinion, I’d suggest “I don’t understand why...” rather than “people shouldn’t...” it makes it look less like you’re demanding people bend to your whim. Only a suggestion, mind you, not a demand. Sure you’ll continue on your merry way without a thought about it.

I’ll happily move on now. Don’t imagine we gave much to talk about.

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

And, in the future, if you’re only expressing an opinion, I’d suggest “I don’t understand why...” rather than “people shouldn’t...” it makes it look less like you’re demanding people bend to your whim. Only a suggestion, mind you, not a demand. Sure you’ll continue on your merry way without a thought about it.

I’ll happily move on now. Don’t imagine we gave much to talk about."

'I dont understand why' people take so much offence at other peoples opinions

over a year ago

"It's scientifically proven that you can't build and suitan more lean muscle on a vegan diet than non-vegan diet.

Although originally human survived on plant based nutrition sometime during the homo-sapien era we evolved into meat eaters. you cant it's true each have benefits. But alot of the goodness that the human body takes from the meats comes from what the animal eats ...(usually grass or sea and such) (( obviously humans wouldn't go round eating grass though )) also alot of the bad fats comes from dairy and alot of sugar is grown.. which is bad for you .

Theres no right or wrong it's just what the individual chooses and be it vegan or meat what's it matter to the person sitting next to them . "

So meat eaters take alot of their nutrients from the grass or sea that the animals eat?

Every day's a bloomin' school day!

over a year ago

Although originally human survived on plant based nutrition sometime during the homo-sapien era we evolved into meat eaters."

I disagree, I’m looking far better since I went veggie 7 months ago.

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

I’ll happily move on now. Don’t imagine we gave much to talk about."

Sure thing boss man

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

I’ll happily move on now. Don’t imagine we gave much to talk about.'I dont understand why' people take so much offence at other peoples opinions "

I really don’t.

I questioned why non vegans care what vegans eat and it spiralled. I stand by my original comment. The wording was pretty much “they shouldn’t eat meat substitutes...” and I commented I disagreed and we have no right to dictate what people eat.

I still think that. I don’t mind people being confused... I get annoyed when they think they have a right to say what others can or cannot do.

I honestly didn’t mean to get into a fight about it

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man "

I’m sure the women on here must just fall at your feet with that level of maturity

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

I’m sure the women on here must just fall at your feet with that level of maturity "

Compared to a lot of people I do ok

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

I’m sure the women on here must just fall at your feet with that level of maturity

Compared to a lot of people I do ok "

That’s good. I guess it means you don’t gave to go fuck yourself then

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

That’s good. I guess it means you don’t gave to go fuck yourself then "

I still masturbate like most people. If you're that interested in my self pleasuring I can send you updates.

What ever floats your boat big guy

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

I’ll happily move on now. Don’t imagine we gave much to talk about.'I dont understand why' people take so much offence at other peoples opinions

I really don’t.

I questioned why non vegans care what vegans eat and it spiralled. I stand by my original comment. The wording was pretty much “they shouldn’t eat meat substitutes...” and I commented I disagreed and we have no right to dictate what people eat.

I still think that. I don’t mind people being confused... I get annoyed when they think they have a right to say what others can or cannot do.

I honestly didn’t mean to get into a fight about it "

I just find i used to eat meat and i like the taste and texture . If that cam be replicated without the actual cow or lamb pig chicken whichever having to die for my privilege. If it can be replicated and taste half as good then why not . I'd rather see the animals in a field than a slaughterhouse.

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

I still masturbate like most people. If you're that interested in my self pleasuring I can send you updates.

What ever floats your boat big guy "

I’m okay. I’d rather go vegan

over a year ago

If the animals aren't in the slaughterhouse they won't be in the fields either.

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

I’m okay. I’d rather go vegan"

Ok, not sure why you brought it up then

But in case you change your mind, I'll probably be knocking one out at about 9ish tonight

over a year ago

"If the animals aren't in the slaughterhouse they won't be in the fields either. "

Exactly, no one is going to keep a load of livestock for the fun of it.

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

But in case you change your mind, I'll probably be knocking one out at about 9ish tonight"

I won’t. I really won’t. If I do change my mind I’ll contact you. No need for any more updates. I think I’m probably speaking for everyone here who doesn’t want to know about your self pleasuring

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

But in case you change your mind, I'll probably be knocking one out at about 9ish tonight

I won’t. I really won’t. If I do change my mind I’ll contact you. No need for any more updates. I think I’m probably speaking for everyone here who doesn’t want to know about your self pleasuring"

Yes, I think it goes without saying that anyone who doesn't want to know about me masturbating, don't want to know about me masturbating

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"If the animals aren't in the slaughterhouse they won't be in the fields either.

Exactly, no one is going to keep a load of livestock for the fun of it. "

yeah true I supose .

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

I won’t. I really won’t. If I do change my mind I’ll contact you. No need for any more updates. I think I’m probably speaking for everyone here who doesn’t want to know about your self pleasuring

Yes, I think it goes without saying that anyone who doesn't want to know about me masturbating, don't want to know about me masturbating"

I’m sure it’s a majority

over a year ago

"If the animals aren't in the slaughterhouse they won't be in the fields either.

Exactly, no one is going to keep a load of livestock for the fun of it. yeah true I supose . "

Kind of a sad truth that all those animals are alive, just for sole purpose of killing them later.

All though, I do think cows would survive quite well in the wild, its not like the UK has many predators to keep the numbers down

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

Yes, I think it goes without saying that anyone who doesn't want to know about me masturbating, don't want to know about me masturbating

I’m sure it’s a majority "

Yes, it will be 100%

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Seriously... 1 post about 1 product and the “carnivore liberation front” go ape....

Seriously... it was suppose to be light hearted

Can I make a suggestion... you don’t need to make an opinion heard in every single thread... and sometimes stepping away from a keyboard it better than making yourselves look like prize plums!

No fun police the lot of ya!

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

Sure thing boss man

I’m sure it’s a majority

Yes, it will be 100%"

So probably best not to mention it again. Not a demand - a suggestion. I know I don’t need to know

over a year ago

"Seriously... 1 post about 1 product and the “carnivore liberation front” go ape....

Can I make a suggestion... you don’t need to make an opinion heard in every single thread... and sometimes stepping away from a keyboard it better than making yourselves look like prize plums!

No fun police the lot of ya!"

Sorry, you're right

over a year ago

Exactly, no one is going to keep a load of livestock for the fun of it. yeah true I supose .

Kind of a sad truth that all those animals are alive, just for sole purpose of killing them later.

All though, I do think cows would survive quite well in the wild, its not like the UK has many predators to keep the numbers down"

Why is it sad? Animals that lend themselves to domestication do so because it's to their advantage as a species, regardless of the outcome.

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Exactly, no one is going to keep a load of livestock for the fun of it. yeah true I supose .

All though, I do think cows would survive quite well in the wild, its not like the UK has many predators to keep the numbers down"

any animals would be better wild . Sheep are raised to have there babys taken at an early age . Cows are bread and manipulated to thinking there pregnant half there lives just to keep producing milk. It's a horrible situation really

over a year ago

I’d love a sausage right now.....

I could enjoy a couple tbh

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

will be trying the vegan kfc though

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I’d love a sausage right now.....

I could enjoy a couple tbh "

I'll get the frying pan ready

over a year ago

All though, I do think cows would survive quite well in the wild, its not like the UK has many predators to keep the numbers downany animals would be better wild . Sheep are raised to have there babys taken at an early age . Cows are bread and manipulated to thinking there pregnant half there lives just to keep producing milk. It's a horrible situation really "

Really.

over a year ago

I just like what I like. There’s loads of meat I don’t like and I do quite like some vegetarian dishes. Rather live without meat than veg and pasta etc if I had to choose but I don’t have to choose so it’s all good

over a year ago

I could enjoy a couple tbh I'll get the frying pan ready "

Not that kinda sausage.

Has no one got a dirty mind no more?

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

I could enjoy a couple tbh I'll get the frying pan ready

Not that kinda sausage.

Has no one got a dirty mind no more? "

who said the pan was for cooking with

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"They shut down our Greggs heartbroken "

Woa.....hold on just a minute.

A Greggs shutting - that’s madness. A Greggs at the North Pole would somehow get customers.

Did 90% of people within a 20 mile radius die of over-eating or something similar?

By *anny77Man
over a year ago

glasgow

"Seriously... 1 post about 1 product and the “carnivore liberation front” go ape....

No fun police the lot of ya!"

It’s easy to lose sight of stuff and get annoyed. Apologies to the original poster and all the people who had to put up with the back and forth.

By *andKBCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

I'm vegan but by nessectitiy not choice!! It was this or potentially take medication with very evil side effects.

Theres been extensive research by arthritis UK that meat and dairy triggers rheumatoid arthritis. For me giving them up has made a vast improvement!! And I can tell its animal protein because if I'm unwell and have to take gelatine based medicines I get lots of joint pain.

over a year ago

"I'm vegan but by nessectitiy not choice!! It was this or potentially take medication with very evil side effects.

Theres been extensive research by arthritis UK that meat and dairy triggers rheumatoid arthritis. For me giving them up has made a vast improvement!! And I can tell its animal protein because if I'm unwell and have to take gelatine based medicines I get lots of joint pain."

Gelatine is made from collagen which comes from animals.

over a year ago

"I'm vegan but by nessectitiy not choice!! It was this or potentially take medication with very evil side effects.

Theres been extensive research by arthritis UK that meat and dairy triggers rheumatoid arthritis. For me giving them up has made a vast improvement!! And I can tell its animal protein because if I'm unwell and have to take gelatine based medicines I get lots of joint pain.

Gelatine is made from collagen which comes from animals. "

That’s her point...

over a year ago

I’m yet to try a vegan

over a year ago

Gelatine is made from collagen which comes from animals.

That’s her point... "

Mis read it.

over a year ago

Fun sponges out in force I see

over a year ago

Drwho

I buy Iceland vegan sausage rolls not that you want to know but try them to. I am hooked on them. More filling, tasty and less pastry.

Ooo fancy a sausage roll now lol

over a year ago

"I'm yet to try the vegan sausage roll."

Vegan sausages v sausages (as in crap meat), vegan wins.

over a year ago

How big is a chicken's thingy anyway?

over a year ago

How big is a chicken's thingy anyway? "

One for your next pub quiz: chickens don't have external genitalia, instead both sexes have an opening called a cloaca and these are put together during mating. This is known as a cloacal kiss.

You heard it here first.

over a year ago

As a VEGAN , I find a lot of substitutes are unhealthy shite even if they are tasty. I've given up buying substitutes in the main ..... expensive rubbish bar for one or two quality items "

I agree. Going from vegetarian and eating lots of meat substitutes to vegan and not being allowed things like Quorn anymore (before their vegan range came out) taught me to cook and try a much wider variety of foods I wouldn't have tried otherwise.

over a year ago

One for your next pub quiz: chickens don't have external genitalia, instead both sexes have an opening called a cloaca and these are put together during mating. This is known as a cloacal kiss.

You heard it here first. "

I went for the joke, Prod. I did actually know that. I also know that cloaca is Latin for drain.

over a year ago

You heard it here first.

I went for the joke, Prod. I did actually know that. I also know that cloaca is Latin for drain."

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Fun sponges out in force I see "

I like fun sponges.... I got 24hrs on the naughty step once for calling someone a mood hoover! Lol

over a year ago

"Fun sponges out in force I see .

I like fun sponges.... I got 24hrs on the naughty step once for calling someone a mood hoover! Lol "

Mood hoover is my new favourite insult

over a year ago

"I'm yet to try the vegan sausage roll.

Vegan sausages v sausages (as in crap meat), vegan wins. "

Are you seriously saying those rolls of cardboard tasting vegan sausages taste better than the real crap meat version? I agree it's crap meat and less healthy but on taste there's zero comparison? Or is that just me and everyone I know?

over a year ago

Well I’m a closet vegan and love the stuff and I just had the maccy d’s veggie fingers ate one and ordered a Big Mac ..... there it is I confessed

over a year ago

I like fun sponges.... I got 24hrs on the naughty step once for calling someone a mood hoover! Lol "

Mood hoover! Ha ha ha ha I’m so having this

over a year ago

"I'm yet to try the vegan sausage roll.

Vegan sausages v sausages (as in crap meat), vegan wins.

Are you seriously saying those rolls of cardboard tasting vegan sausages taste better than the real crap meat version? I agree it's crap meat and less healthy but on taste there's zero comparison? Or is that just me and everyone I know? "

Apart from Cumberland, I don't like sausages, so yeah

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I'd be willing to try them, but if they have soy i'm out of there!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fun sponges. Beppy tampons?

over a year ago

Didn't realise fab was filled with Piers Morgan types who get angry over sausage rolls?

over a year ago

Some of the substitute foods are so full of crap.

It’s ok to be veggie/vegan, but better to cook from scratch and make alternative meals than use substitutes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Not had any of these yet but very interested. I eat Quorn a fair bit, which is the key ingredient in these

over a year ago

They will got to all lengths to make meat substitutes. Meanwhile the amount of small animals/rodents ect that get killed and processed into all the grain and veggies when harvesting feilds....

Well lets just not think about that aye

over a year ago

"They will got to all lengths to make meat substitutes. Meanwhile the amount of small animals/rodents ect that get killed and processed into all the grain and veggies when harvesting feilds....

Well lets just not think about that aye "

A very good point, sir.

over a year ago

"I'd be willing to try them, but if they have soy i'm out of there! "

Most vegan substitutes in chain restaurants are made from Quorn which is mycoprotein - essentially a type of spongy mushroom. In my opinion not as good as vegetarian Quorn (uses egg whites to bind) but always good to have a vegan option on the menu

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Some of the substitute foods are so full of crap.

It’s ok to be veggie/vegan, but better to cook from scratch and make alternative meals than use substitutes."

just don't buy avocado pears!

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

I've just had subways meatless marinara meatball sub with vegan cheese....very nice

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Tough shit. Go cry into your meat sausage rolls about it

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've just had subways meatless marinara meatball sub with vegan cheese....very nice "

They do this now!? I've been making my own at home!

over a year ago

I didn't know kfc were doing that. That will make the veggie in the family happy, as well as my other 2 daughters as we can't have kfc together

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I got the naughty step for calling someone a fun sponge

over a year ago

"They shut down our Greggs heartbroken

Write a song about it ....... you've got the first line !"

the sausage roll song won the christmas number one ...maybe if we all write one

over a year ago

"I've just had subways meatless marinara meatball sub with vegan cheese....very nice "

Be careful with subway. They did my steak & cheese followed by daughters veggie one, but didn't change the gloves he used to handle the meat.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I agree if someone doesn’t want to eat meat why are vegan foods made to look like burgers sausages and chicken nuggets. Make the food look like plants "

Do your burgers look like cows?

over a year ago

"I'd be willing to try them, but if they have soy i'm out of there!

Most vegan substitutes in chain restaurants are made from Quorn which is mycoprotein - essentially a type of spongy mushroom. In my opinion not as good as vegetarian Quorn (uses egg whites to bind) but always good to have a vegan option on the menu "

my meat free mince is not quorn and it is only education ourselves to eating but just had mine with jacket potato was delicious.

over a year ago

I was keen to try a vegan steak bake today but my local Greggs isn’t doing them yet. So I was forced to have the original full on meat version, twice.

over a year ago

my opinion and its mine

one we all have different tastes

two you say yuck no thanks and some say yes please

three I try something once before I say if it is good or not

four I had 3 bean bake for christmas

New year was meat free spaghetti

I have lost another stone

over a year ago

I find Greggs swimming in too much pastry and not enough filling.

Subway swims in grease

kfc has trebled in price and smaller portions

just my opinion

over a year ago

Sure thing boss man

“Vegans SHOULDN’T...”

I’ll happily move on now. Don’t imagine we gave much to talk about.'I dont understand why' people take so much offence at other peoples opinions

I really don’t.

I honestly didn’t mean to get into a fight about it I just find i used to eat meat and i like the taste and texture . If that cam be replicated without the actual cow or lamb pig chicken whichever having to die for my privilege. If it can be replicated and taste half as good then why not . I'd rather see the animals in a field than a slaughterhouse."

But if us humans didn’t consume those animals of their by products then they wouldn’t exist. If the whole country suddenly turned vegan then all those animals would be slaughtered anyway and that would be that. Do you think there would be thousands of fluffy lambs, cows, pigs and chickens just roaming the land living the high life. They wouldn’t, they’d be wiped out in a matter of months.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It’s ok to be veggie/vegan, but better to cook from scratch and make alternative meals than use substitutes."

And everything else from Greggs is the height of healthy eating?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"They will got to all lengths to make meat substitutes. Meanwhile the amount of small animals/rodents ect that get killed and processed into all the grain and veggies when harvesting feilds....

Well lets just not think about that aye "

But if we didn't raise livestock for food we'd need to grow heck of a lot less grains and veg.

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I've just had subways meatless marinara meatball sub with vegan cheese....very nice

They do this now!? I've been making my own at home!"

yes they do it's hard to believe it's not meat to be honest

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've just had subways meatless marinara meatball sub with vegan cheese....very nice

They do this now!? I've been making my own at home!yes they do it's hard to believe it's not meat to be honest "

Excited to try that!

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

They do this now!? I've been making my own at home!"

what do you use to make yours

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

They do this now!? I've been making my own at home!yes they do it's hard to believe it's not meat to be honest

Excited to try that!"

even costa have new vegan options with a ham and cheese toastie and an all day breakfast panini

over a year ago

I think it's great. I tried the vegan sausage roll and found it not bad.

Beast doesn't eat red meat so I'm all for any alternatives that are suitable for him as he really enjoys meat but can't eat it for health reasons

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

They do this now!? I've been making my own at home!what do you use to make yours"

The green cuisine meatballs.

By *infonyCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"

Bang on. A pair of vile vegan parents recently in the news for causing the death of their child by forcing it onto a vegan diet.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It’s ok to be veggie/vegan, but better to cook from scratch and make alternative meals than use substitutes.

And everything else from Greggs is the height of healthy eating? "

a) good point.....

b) i have it from a "good source" that greggs may be working on some sort of vegan donuts... if so all bets are off!!!!

Post new Message to Thread