Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bi observation

Jump to newest

By *lienrock OP   Man
over a year ago

Fife

This is perhaps just my experience of browsing profiles & being a bloke on here so please do correct me if it's a narrow perception... I get messages from single guys a lot wanting to meet always TV or cd or bi looking for fun. It's fine although not for me I always politely reply. When I look at couple profiles it's nearly always straight husband with bi wife looking for bi females. How come there are zillions of bi blokes all single and yet most of the bi women seem to be in relationships with straight men?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Those single men, ain’t single

By *lienrock OP   Man
over a year ago

Fife

"Those single men, ain’t single "

Ya think they're in the closet so to speak? There does seem to be a high percentage of bi blokes on here. Live and let live but surely better messaging each other. I'm straight on profile.

over a year ago

"Those single men, ain’t single

Ya think they're in the closet so to speak? There does seem to be a high percentage of bi blokes on here. Live and let live but surely better messaging each other. I'm straight on profile."

No I was implying they’re cheaters

However; loaaaaads of ‘straight’ single men on fab aren’t straight. They claim they are, as they hope it’ll give them a better chance of meeting women. So there’s probably the same amount of bi women and bi men, just women don’t tend to feel the need to hide/lie about their sexuality

over a year ago

"This is perhaps just my experience of browsing profiles & being a bloke on here so please do correct me if it's a narrow perception... I get messages from single guys a lot wanting to meet always TV or cd or bi looking for fun. It's fine although not for me I always politely reply. When I look at couple profiles it's nearly always straight husband with bi wife looking for bi females. How come there are zillions of bi blokes all single and yet most of the bi women seem to be in relationships with straight men? "

Why does it matter if a bi woman is with a straight man?

Also plenty of couples on here where only the male is bi, or they both are

By *lienrock OP   Man
over a year ago

Fife

"Those single men, ain’t single

Ya think they're in the closet so to speak? There does seem to be a high percentage of bi blokes on here. Live and let live but surely better messaging each other. I'm straight on profile.

No I was implying they’re cheaters

However; loaaaaads of ‘straight’ single men on fab aren’t straight. They claim they are, as they hope it’ll give them a better chance of meeting women. So there’s probably the same amount of bi women and bi men, just women don’t tend to feel the need to hide/lie about their sexuality "

Interesting view and something I hadn't considered. Women are maybe just more ok about saying it where as blokes hide it

over a year ago

Have you heard of the Kinsey scale? The Kinsey Institute has a passable theory that all people are naturally fluid and that it is cultural and personal development that shapes which way you go. Of course I am no expert on the subject but the psychological of human sexuality had been a life long fascination for me. If you look back to cultures that existed before language like gay and straight became common (particularly Greek and Roman) and there is talk of a lot of free for all.

over a year ago

"Have you heard of the Kinsey scale? The Kinsey Institute has a passable theory that all people are naturally fluid and that it is cultural and personal development that shapes which way you go. Of course I am no expert on the subject but the psychological of human sexuality had been a life long fascination for me. If you look back to cultures that existed before language like gay and straight became common (particularly Greek and Roman) and there is talk of a lot of free for all. "

Some of the evidence for ‘free for all’ sex and orgies in Ancient Rome and Greece has been called into question in recent times. However in my own life I think the underpinning their of Kinsey has applied and I know it has for others too. But it’s a theory and not necessary useful for explaining everybody’s sexuality. It’s not a universal law.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Couple of points OP:

There *are* couples out there where either just the male half or both of them are bi - just search for "bi male" threads for evidence of that.

It probably *seems* there are more single bi males - but in the context of the site males outnumber women and couples by around 10:1 so it logically follows that there will be more bi males in terms of actual numbers but in percentage terms for each category it's probably a lot more even

By *lienrock OP   Man
over a year ago

Fife

"Couple of points OP:

There *are* couples out there where either just the male half or both of them are bi - just search for "bi male" threads for evidence of that.

It probably *seems* there are more single bi males - but in the context of the site males outnumber women and couples by around 10:1 so it logically follows that there will be more bi males in terms of actual numbers but in percentage terms for each category it's probably a lot more even"

You could be right enough buddy, it was just my observation from what profiles I've looked at. That's what prompted me to ask as I know I don't look at everyone on the site.

By *lienrock OP   Man
over a year ago

Fife

"Have you heard of the Kinsey scale? The Kinsey Institute has a passable theory that all people are naturally fluid and that it is cultural and personal development that shapes which way you go. Of course I am no expert on the subject but the psychological of human sexuality had been a life long fascination for me. If you look back to cultures that existed before language like gay and straight became common (particularly Greek and Roman) and there is talk of a lot of free for all. "

I'll need to read about this it does seem past cultures were more sexually free then there are times when sex was shameful in the past depending on religion etc. Having watched Spartacus on Netflix recently I have to admit the romans had some great parties although not sure how factual it all was!

over a year ago

"Have you heard of the Kinsey scale? The Kinsey Institute has a passable theory that all people are naturally fluid and that it is cultural and personal development that shapes which way you go. Of course I am no expert on the subject but the psychological of human sexuality had been a life long fascination for me. If you look back to cultures that existed before language like gay and straight became common (particularly Greek and Roman) and there is talk of a lot of free for all.

Some of the evidence for ‘free for all’ sex and orgies in Ancient Rome and Greece has been called into question in recent times. However in my own life I think the underpinning their of Kinsey has applied and I know it has for others too. But it’s a theory and not necessary useful for explaining everybody’s sexuality. It’s not a universal law."

that should have said theory of Kinsey - bloody auto-carrot.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

There has been an awful lot of musing and theorising about this subject over my time here on the forums.

The long and the short of it is that it's very complex; based upon societal influences, others perceptions, stigma, ownership of a person's own sexuality, etc. That's before we get into dishonesty and playing the percentages.

I believe that sexuality is fluid and doesn't fit into the few check boxes as set here and in general but people like pigeon holes. Many of the 'single bi' male accounts are 'straight, married' in the world away from fab and use this place to meet guys or TV/TS.

Ultimately though, people do what they do, trying to get an understanding or reason could drive you mad. So long as they're not hurting others or affecting you, it's up to them.

By *hMyGawdCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Bi men can do fine on their own.

All women need a man.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Bi male + straight women = LOW

Straight male + bi women = HIGH

They didn't know they were bi until they were told bless them.

( not all so shush )

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Bi men can do fine on their own.

All women need a man."

Oh ...why ? Serious Q. Why do all women need a man ?

Post new Message to Thread