Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Football

Jump to newest

By *lex46 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm not really a football fan, sometimes follow spurs and occasionally I watch match of the day. The only football I've watched is my mate in the local reserve team and my nephew in the under 9's.

But today I did something I've wanted to do for years. I went to watch a Premier League game, just to see what it's like, the atmosphere etc and what all the fuss is about.

Southampton vs Spurs, shame Tottenham lost but I actually enjoyed it, the atmosphere and noise was ace. I couldn't believe how passionate the fans are, for some it's almost a matter of life or death. Also it was quite a good game, I might have to go again sometime soon.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 01/01/20 22:25:52]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good for Saints.

over a year ago

On a mooch

You can’t beat the atmosphere of a live game, something that is never matched by watching it on tv

Ive taken people who didn’t like football, but they came away understanding why I go and how different it is.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

There's nothing quite like being at a football game or listening to live music

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"You can’t beat the atmosphere of a live game, something that is never matched by watching it on tv

Ive taken people who didn’t like football, but they came away understanding why I go and how different it is. "

Very true I do not go now but used to a lot and I really miss it

over a year ago

On a mooch

"You can’t beat the atmosphere of a live game, something that is never matched by watching it on tv

Ive taken people who didn’t like football, but they came away understanding why I go and how different it is. Very true I do not go now but used to a lot and I really miss it"

I used to be a STH until I had my lad, damn I miss it and never missed a game. I will be back there one day, for now I make do with the odd ticket when I can get it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's the same with a lot of sports you just have to see it with you're on eyes.

To most people NASCAR is boring cars going round in circles.

But when your there at Daytona. You see how massive the place is and then hear the thunder rolling to the green flag. The speeds build and when all 40 cars pass together at 200mph bumper to bumper the turbulence forces you off you're seat if your near the front.

And they continue like this for nearly 4 hours.

You walk the track after the race and feel how bumpy it is then you realise how hard it is to control and keep them from crashing.

It's to be experienced

Post new Message to Thread