Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Timekeeping!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You arrange a first meet but you're not sure of the area.

Are you...

i) Early?

ii) On time?

iii) Hopelessly late?

Do you...

a) Use a sat nav and hope it's had a recent update?

b) Get your road map out?

c) Check the web to get a route planned for you?

d) Get in the car, point it in the general direction and hope for the best?

J x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

e) speak to the person I'm meeting about how best to get there, surely they'd know lol

over a year ago

"e) speak to the person I'm meeting about how best to get there, surely they'd know lol"

You'd be surprised how many are hopless at giving directions - lol!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I normally check routes and we're normally early as bad timekeeping is one of Robs bug bears

We don't travel too far unless we're going to a club or social and in those circumstances timekeeping is'nt much of an issue xxx

over a year ago

I'm not a good time keeper but Trace is a stickler and gives me grief.So we usualy get there on time keeping contact by phone on the journey.

We try not to get there too early though.We know what its like when your not quite ready and you've got early guests knocking on the door.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

over a year ago

Im totally crap...there is a greatness to my lateness.

over a year ago

usually run the postcode through the satnav, that cuts down most of the problems, but always aim to be quite close and a bit early,.. knowing that we are just around the corner, we will then wait untill just before the time, and phone, just to make sure all is well,..we have had to wait until grown up kids have left for their night out before now..lol

S&A

over a year ago

"Im totally crap...there is a greatness to my lateness."

lol is that from grease or am i just d*unk lol

over a year ago

usually try 2 be early

always look up the map so you no exactly were u r going

if you go by public transport check the times for late buses etc an or have plenty of cash u need a taxi home

over a year ago

i use my shag nav.... but its very tempremental

lol

its female hehe

xx

over a year ago

"Im totally crap...there is a greatness to my lateness.

lol is that from grease or am i just d*unk lol "

sorry its been annoying me all night it 4 weddings and a funeral lol

over a year ago

That's a good film too.

Monty Python's Life of Brian... always good to lift one's mood.

I'm Brian and so's my wife!

over a year ago

oops - wrong thread hehehe

over a year ago

I'm always early, ragardless of what the appointment happens to be - a meet or otherwise.

I'd sooner be 1 hour early than 2 minutes late.

I consider it to be the height of ill manners to be late for any appointment, unless of course there is a very good reason for it, bad organisation or last minute dashes not being good reasons

over a year ago

Soldiers rule ... 5 minutes before parade,... hard to get out off...lol

S&A

over a year ago

Always a few mins early here.....

Always sadly lol...

Hate being late though..

over a year ago

"Im totally crap...there is a greatness to my lateness.

lol is that from grease or am i just d*unk lol

sorry its been annoying me all night it 4 weddings and a funeral lol"

LOL no idea my Mum says it to me all the time

over a year ago

I'm always early for every thing, I have this wiew that lateness is a sign of disrespect. I'll not doubt be early for my own funeral, ah well at least I won't be disrespecting myself pmsl :P

over a year ago

hi i would use my sat nav but would go out early just in case of traffic! if we agree a time then i so hate to be late x

over a year ago

i'd be early, if your more than 5 minutes late, im leaving.....

over a year ago

I like to be about 5 mins early - although hanging around outside a pub definitely attracts unwanted attention! lol!

Also would be no point in my giving directions, I have no sense of direction, I don't drive and I could get lost on a postage stamp! and my meets would end up in timbucktu!

Michelle

By *edhot4blkCouple
over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

when we arrange to meet guys they come to us whether its at a hotel we have booked or our house...

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

i work on universal time ...i find earth time so fixed ....have been known to to be a touch tardy in terms of to the minute arrival ...totally rely on satnav even though i have passed aviation navigation exam...whats point of not using it if you got it ...just call to get last few details when close .

Am never early ...such a stress for the people meeting you

Forum Mod

over a year ago

As well as trying to be on time and ending up early we do keep contact by phone,If we were really early we would stop and have a drink somewhere first

over a year ago

"Always a few mins early here.....

Always sadly lol...

Hate being late though.."

A few minutes early is o.k but not knocking on the door while the hosts are still in the shower or getting dressed.Thats as rude as being late without getting in touch.Traces dad is a bit of a bugger for that bless him, he'll ask what time we want picking up to take us somewhere or whatever,then always arrives 30 mins early.Whats that all about,best part is,we only live 5 mins away,lol.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

Forum Mod

over a year ago

As Dads get older they do things like that! mines the same...we live over an hr away but he gives himself a day to get to us lol

over a year ago

always late even when gail and i got marrid she was there before me. Its not deliberate just to laid back to rush.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"always late even when gail and i got marrid she was there before me. Its not deliberate just to laid back to rush."

he he he ...love it ....join the club ....

my friends say i am laid back to the point of horizontal ...must piss some people off tho

over a year ago

I always try to be early and have recently found that the people I've met have been 10 to 15 minutes (20 minutes including my earliness - lol), what annoyed me so much this time is that when they arrived they ddin't even apologise!

Where has all the courtesy and manners gone to?

Just 'cos you're meeting someone from a site like this doesn't mean you don't have to be courteous and put some effort into it!!

**steps down from soap box**

over a year ago

Sorry but i dont see being late as bad manners. is 15 minutes really that important. swinging should be laid back. Do you give exact times or do you say about such and such or between such and such time. who wants to start a meet having to say sorry for not conforming to your thoughts on time keeping. i never set out intending to be late but hey ho it happens.

Does courtesy not work both ways if somone has come to meet you do you not make allowences for them getting there.

By the way Gail does agree with you she does get stressed at my time keeping

over a year ago

Hands soap box back

Forum Mod

over a year ago

15 minutes is fine,any longer then at least a quick call to say that you're on your way just to de stress the people who are waiting lol

How late is too late for people?

over a year ago

" Sorry but i dont see being late as bad manners. is 15 minutes really that important. swinging should be laid back. Do you give exact times or do you say about such and such or between such and such time. who wants to start a meet having to say sorry for not conforming to your thoughts on time keeping. i never set out intending to be late but hey ho it happens.

"

We too are habitually late. But whether we are swinging or jusrt meeting mates, we always give a rough time. We always tell people that we don't know that we may be late as we know we are pretty bad at it.

over a year ago

Hi Five Darcie

over a year ago

...and this was only for a drink!!!!

Makes me wonder what manners people really have and as I make the effort to be on time I don't see why others can't either.

So based on this and other factors I decide whether I want to make the effort to actually meet someone for sex...why should I bother when they can't?

over a year ago

" Sorry but i dont see being late as bad manners. is 15 minutes really that important. swinging should be laid back. Do you give exact times or do you say about such and such or between such and such time. who wants to start a meet having to say sorry for not conforming to your thoughts on time keeping. i never set out intending to be late but hey ho it happens.

Does courtesy not work both ways if somone has come to meet you do you not make allowences for them getting there.

By the way Gail does agree with you she does get stressed at my time keeping

"

He'd stipulated the time not me, I waited and tried to contact him to no avail...next time I don't wait...their loss! lol

over a year ago

"...and this was only for a drink!!!!

Makes me wonder what manners people really have and as I make the effort to be on time I don't see why others can't either.

So based on this and other factors I decide whether I want to make the effort to actually meet someone for sex...why should I bother when they can't?"

It's a two way thing though, as I said, we stipulate a rough time, 7.30-8.00 for example, and will usually send a text to confirm. If we turn up at 8.05 and they have a problem, then I'm not sure they'd be our kind of people anyway. I'm not saying you are wrong or we are right but different people place it as a different priority.

over a year ago

"...and this was only for a drink!!!!

So based on this and other factors I decide whether I want to make the effort to actually meet someone for sex...why should I bother when they can't?

It's a two way thing though, as I said, we stipulate a rough time, 7.30-8.00 for example, and will usually send a text to confirm. If we turn up at 8.05 and they have a problem, then I'm not sure they'd be our kind of people anyway. I'm not saying you are wrong or we are right but different people place it as a different priority."

Looks like I've been spoilt by the people I've previously met from another site where manners and courtesy were paramount!

over a year ago

now to link 2 threads together

Better late than never

Post new Message to Thread