Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Makeup

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Spun off from another thread, someone else's comment. About how men prefer women who look natural... but tbh they probably don't know what natural means and prefer a particular makeup effect.

Those who wear it, why do you wear it? Who do you wear it for?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Spun off from another thread, someone else's comment. About how men prefer women who look natural... but tbh they probably don't know what natural means and prefer a particular makeup effect.

Those who wear it, why do you wear it? Who do you wear it for? "

I wear it for me, I like the way it looks. I only really wear any when I go out out so I like to make an effort.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I do like makeup, less is more in my eyes though. Some times a pale face with red lipstick and I'm taken.

I just don't like it plastered on

Reply privately

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I wear it from morning til night. Why? It's my routine. I never feel like inflicting my bare cheeks on the unsuspecting public.

Reply privately

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

I personally prefer woman who use make up to highlight there natural beauty such as eyes and lips

Woman who throw it on by the bucket load look shocking !

The best advise I ever heard was less is more when applying make up and it's very true !

Ray

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I wear makeup for myself. It's art, a form of self expression. I can be very different versions of myself. It's fun.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Myself. I’ve always worn it. Always will. Can’t imagine going out without it on!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I sometimes go out without it. Don't give a toss. This is my face, cope

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I sometimes go out without it. Don't give a toss. This is my face, cope "

That would be like forgetting to put my clothes on for me!

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I wear it for me. I don't tend to wear loads and don't wear it every day.

I've also heard so many guys says they prefer girls without make up but then mostly date women who wear a lot so I stopped listening to it. I'm not going to change for someone who wants me to wear less or start wearing it every day anyway.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I wear it for myself, for attention, because I know someone really likes me having red lips when he sees me. I wear it rarely, maybe once/twice a month? But I enjoy it as I also enjoy being natural and not wearing any.

Reply privately

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I prefer the natural look.

Natural beauty should not be covered up.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I wear lipstick every day even if I'm staying home. If I'm going out anywhere at all I wear !mascara and eyeliner too and probably a light highlighter.

I wear it because I like it and I want to look nice for myself and for Mr N, I also want to present myself well to other people.

I do ring my hair and eyebrows too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I sometimes go out without it. Don't give a toss. This is my face, cope

That would be like forgetting to put my clothes on for me! "

I've only gotten into it in the last few years and before that didn't know what I was doing, so didn't dare try. Didn't want to look like Bozo the clown!

Reply privately

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

Up until recently, we were required to wear some makeup at work.

I feel more confident when I wear light makeup, though I seldom wear it in everyday life. Only when going out or for work as previously mentioned.

I went to a work do a few weeks ago and had a lady do my makeup for me... it felt so heavy and artificial, everyone told me I looked great but it kind of did the reverse effect on me. Didn’t feel confident and hid most of the time, lol.

Reply privately

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"Spun off from another thread, someone else's comment. About how men prefer women who look natural... but tbh they probably don't know what natural means and prefer a particular makeup effect.

I wear it for me, I like the way it looks. I only really wear any when I go out out so I like to make an effort. "

This

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear it for me. I like to hide the blemishes but highlight my eyes. I will be seen make up free, i just like to express myself with makeup

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've only gotten into it in the last few years and before that didn't know what I was doing, so didn't dare try. Didn't want to look like Bozo the clown! "

Haha. You do do your make up lovely though x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like a lady that don’t need to wear make up but does to enhance her looks

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get out of bed look is not flattering for anyone.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wear lipstick every day even if I'm staying home. If I'm going out anywhere at all I wear !mascara and eyeliner too and probably a light highlighter.

I wear it because I like it and I want to look nice for myself and for Mr N, I also want to present myself well to other people.

I do ring my hair and eyebrows too."

I

Tint my hair and eyebrows

Reply privately

over a year ago

I almost never wear make up.

Probably because I’m not very good at achieving a natural look with it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never wear it! Perhaps once every other year?

One of my "things to do" in 2020 is to try going out wearing it and see if there's a difference

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've only gotten into it in the last few years and before that didn't know what I was doing, so didn't dare try. Didn't want to look like Bozo the clown!

Haha. You do do your make up lovely though x"

Thank you. Took some practice

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I wear very minimal makeup - tinted moisturiser to even out my complexion, perhaps a bit of concealer under my eyes if I haven't had enough sleep, mascara to accentuate my eyes, eyeliner if i'm going out out, and clear lip gloss.

I'm perfectly comfortable going out without it on though

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear it for me, I have roseacea so need to tone down the redness on my cheeks. I like to look nice so it’s part of my morning routine x

Reply privately

By *2and3quartersWoman
over a year ago

Bumbletown

When I do wear make up I go for the natural look. My face hates being plastered in make up and I feel uncomfortable when I’m too ‘made up’. My face is what it is. You either like it or you don’t.

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Most days I don't wear any, unless I'm going on a night out or somewhere special.

Occasionally i'll put some on to go to work, but it's minimal, and that's only if I wake up looking like death.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont usually wear any but when I do it's usually for Halloween

Reply privately

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"Up until recently, we were required to wear some makeup at work. "

How was that a requirement? This is the 21st century!

I (Luke) see Hannah at all times of day and night and I always prefer the natural look with no make-up. She wears it for professional reasons and I get that.

Reply privately

By *exyEggsCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I wear makeup most days to enhance my natural features - I think of it like presenting the best version of me. Never really been comfortable wearing a lot of makeup, although I will do heavier eye makeup if I'm going out out. Quite happy doing the school run or schlepping round tesco with no makeup though, laziness wins!

I think many guys who say they prefer the "natural look" don't always realise that women who look "natural" to them are in fact wearing makeup to achieve this.

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's a bit of a hobby for me, and honestly at times when I hear particularly guys (who probably don't know foundation from concealer) complain about how women wear makeup, it annoys me.

I have passing views on other people's makeup. It's not important and I keep it to myself.

Reply privately

By *exyEggsCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"It's a bit of a hobby for me, and honestly at times when I hear particularly guys (who probably don't know foundation from concealer) complain about how women wear makeup, it annoys me.

I have passing views on other people's makeup. It's not important and I keep it to myself. "

It's like any aspect of personal style, for me - each to their own! It's about self-expression. We're not all going to like what other people choose, and that's OK

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Or, it's your face, do what you want.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's a bit of a hobby for me, and honestly at times when I hear particularly guys (who probably don't know foundation from concealer) complain about how women wear makeup, it annoys me.

I have passing views on other people's makeup. It's not important and I keep it to myself.

It's like any aspect of personal style, for me - each to their own! It's about self-expression. We're not all going to like what other people choose, and that's OK

Mrs TMN x"

Hell yes.

Reply privately

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

I don’t wear it day to day. I have my eyelashes done so I look reasonable most of the time. To go out I’ll probably put a bit of blushers on and some lipstick. But generally I don’t have any on. When I do wear it’s because I want to feel good and I, like most people, look better with it on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just eye liner with lip gloss for me

Reply privately

By *atalie..Woman
over a year ago

Bolton

I would love to wear it, but wouldn't know were to start.

My mother never wore it so was never shown how to apply the stuff,I have tried but always end up looking like Ronald McDonald

Reply privately

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I wear it for myself. I don’t apply it heavily (i do the natural look ) but it’s since getting older i can’t go makeup free as i look ill, tired or both and my eyes are now teeny tiny if i don’t accentuate them.

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I hardly wear it .... benefit of good skin I guess

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always wear some, otherwise I get told I look tired .

For a night out I put more on, but never by the bucketload

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I wear it from morning til night. Why? It's my routine. I never feel like inflicting my bare cheeks on the unsuspecting public. "

You can inflict your bare cheeks on me any day x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I would love to wear it, but wouldn't know were to start.

My mother never wore it so was never shown how to apply the stuff,I have tried but always end up looking like Ronald McDonald "

One, my inbox is open if you want. Two, go talk to Boots No 7. They're not ridiculously expensive, they're down to earth, and they're not going to do anything intimidating made for Instagram.

Reply privately

By *BWBI2019Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I very rarely wear makeup, I wish I wore it more often to be honest. But I have a problem dedicating that time to do it, I don't know why because it gives me a real confidence boost! Although, natural women do catch my eye and it makes me sad when someone who is so pretty plasters themself with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I also never do natural makeup. There may be times when it's called for.

But I'm also regularly told I don't plaster it on. There's a line, I think.

I also don't give a toss. I do what I like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear it for me. Sometimes it's barely there and a quick 5 min job, other times I can spend an hour just on my eye makeup. Depends on my mood.

Reply privately

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

I love wearing it and it makes me feel better like a mask. I love red lipsticks but sometimes do wear just a plain lipgloss. I like to wear liquid eyeliner and mascara to accentuate my eyes. On a night out I like to add a nice blusher. Makeup for darker skinned girls has never been great but it's improved massively and made me want to try it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I love wearing it and it makes me feel better like a mask. I love red lipsticks but sometimes do wear just a plain lipgloss. I like to wear liquid eyeliner and mascara to accentuate my eyes. On a night out I like to add a nice blusher. Makeup for darker skinned girls has never been great but it's improved massively and made me want to try it. "

Yeah, diversity in makeup has some say to go. It's terrible. Although getting less terrible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

*way to go

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think I would look better with it on, but I just cant be arsed

If Im going out I will put a bit on, Im not very well practised at it so just eyes are done.

Reply privately

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

(Lou) I have never been a big fan of wearing make up so only wear it when I go out, which isn't very often! Then I only have a very small amount of powder, eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 31/12/19 12:01:59]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sometimes told I wear natural makeup, when I've got (deep breath)

One or two brow products, one or two eyeliners, up to six eyeshadows plus primer, mascara, primer plus foundation and concealer, contouring, blush, highlight, lip liner and lipstick.

Natural my arse

Reply privately

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

"I love wearing it and it makes me feel better like a mask. I love red lipsticks but sometimes do wear just a plain lipgloss. I like to wear liquid eyeliner and mascara to accentuate my eyes. On a night out I like to add a nice blusher. Makeup for darker skinned girls has never been great but it's improved massively and made me want to try it.

Yeah, diversity in makeup has some say to go. It's terrible. Although getting less terrible. "

Yes so many brands don't cater cater for darker skin, which is ridiculous. I mainly stick to MAC,Bobbi brown and Fenty, also Christian Dior. Expensive but they are inclusive when it comes to shade range.

Reply privately

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Makeup helps my festures to 'pop' like my eyes and lips for example. I would think I've the 'natural' look perfected by makeup. I do feel sexier with makeup but will go out with just bare minimum at times like mascara, concealer etc. Mrs x

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a day to day basis, my makeup routine takes about 3 minutes and looks natural. Skin serum, tinted moisturiser, mascara, a bit of blusher and a clear gloss.

Evening look for me has been the same for yonks - love smokey eyes (dark eyeshadow - I go for sparkly black or sparkly navy), primer, foundation etc. But still only takes me about 10 minutes.

xN

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I love wearing it and it makes me feel better like a mask. I love red lipsticks but sometimes do wear just a plain lipgloss. I like to wear liquid eyeliner and mascara to accentuate my eyes. On a night out I like to add a nice blusher. Makeup for darker skinned girls has never been great but it's improved massively and made me want to try it.

Yeah, diversity in makeup has some say to go. It's terrible. Although getting less terrible.

Yes so many brands don't cater cater for darker skin, which is ridiculous. I mainly stick to MAC,Bobbi brown and Fenty, also Christian Dior. Expensive but they are inclusive when it comes to shade range. "

Urban Decay's new range seems more inclusive, but I'm Mac NW20 or so so obviously don't know a lot. I think the drugstore ones are picking up, particularly with the recent influx of brands like Wet and Wild into Boots and Superdrug.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like a bit of slap on a lady !

If you want some tickle pm me xx

Lol make up mirror holding services available x

Reply privately

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

I love my makeup. Granted there are some days i dont get a chance to put it on but when i do im doing a full face. Smokey eye. highlighter, contour the works.

I wear it because i love it. Obviously i like getting done up for himself but i mainly do it for me. Full face on even if ive had 2 hours sleep and i can do feckin anything. I couldnt give a rats if anyone says oh i prefer the natural look, yeah well i dont and my eyes are gonna pumped of glitter and u will see my highlighter from space. Blind the haters!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear makeup most days. I wear it for myself because I like my face more with it on it gives me a little confidence boost and makes me feel better.

I love the creative side of makeup too. It's fun creating lots of crazy and bold looks.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I wear makeup most days. I wear it for myself because I like my face more with it on it gives me a little confidence boost and makes me feel better.

I love the creative side of makeup too. It's fun creating lots of crazy and bold looks. "

I've done some crazy makeup for parties

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes so many brands don't cater cater for darker skin, which is ridiculous. I mainly stick to MAC,Bobbi brown and Fenty, also Christian Dior. Expensive but they are inclusive when it comes to shade range.

Urban Decay's new range seems more inclusive, but I'm Mac NW20 or so so obviously don't know a lot. I think the drugstore ones are picking up, particularly with the recent influx of brands like Wet and Wild into Boots and Superdrug. "

Urban decay's range of colours is amazing for the price. It's one of the few I can get pale enough without taking out a small loan and I have a few black friends who swear by it too for the darker shades.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm currently saving up my Boots points for a Fenty foundation myself. I have a good match with Boots No 7 (and I'd say I'm at the darker end of pale so matching me isn't too hard) but I had a sample and I loved how it wore.

I was matched to their seventh palest colour with my summer colour, which indicates a pretty good range to me. (particularly as that means that it's the 43rd darkest colour rather than the middle!)

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I wear makeup for me too, to enhance what I have and how I look. I've often worn very little, as I also love how my skin looks naturally.

I'm someone who likes some change though and makeup can be a good way to bring new life to older outfits and styles.

Men are using makeup increasingly too, it's not a medium in the exclusive domain of us women.

If we own our looks, how we present ourselves is our free choice. If I feel a little under par, I may use certain products that give me a lift.

If I want to cake myself, I'll do so, though I'll not be auditioning for clown roles anytime soon.

The world - you get what you're given.

Reply privately

By *uffnmuffCouple
over a year ago

London

Less is definitely more when you get to my age. Middle age face's caked in make up can add years to a face.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Men are using makeup increasingly too, it's not a medium in the exclusive domain of us women.

"

Yes. Sorry. I know, slip up. I sort of more meant, why do you (as a person who wears makeup) like wearing makeup, rather than the commentary from the sidelines telling us what to do when they don't know their arse from their elbow.

Many who wear makeup do it for our own reasons and don't give a toss about random opinions.

Reply privately

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I don't wear makeup very often these days. I may wear a tinted sun screen but that's it. When I go out in the evenings I do though.

Reply privately

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"Less is definitely more when you get to my age. Middle age face's caked in make up can add years to a face. "

I totally agree with this.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

People have their own style and preference with make up just as they do with many other things. I only wear mascara during the day but if I went without it I would feel naked. I do wear a bit more when I go out at night, mostly around my eyes. I wear makeup to please myself, so I am happy and confident with how I look.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear waterproof mascara everyday and black liquid liner if im going out / meeting friends

The people I've met through fab request heavy makeup for meets which is a huge change for me and I feel like a clown when i wear it, but they seem to like it lol. It's not me though x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I wear waterproof mascara everyday and black liquid liner if im going out / meeting friends

The people I've met through fab request heavy makeup for meets which is a huge change for me and I feel like a clown when i wear it, but they seem to like it lol. It's not me though x"

I'd tell them to shove it. I'll dress as a version of myself that I think someone would like, but it'll be the way I want to.

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I wear a little only when we go out but I wear it for myself ...

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"I wear waterproof mascara everyday and black liquid liner if im going out / meeting friends

The people I've met through fab request heavy makeup for meets which is a huge change for me and I feel like a clown when i wear it, but they seem to like it lol. It's not me though x

I'd tell them to shove it. I'll dress as a version of myself that I think someone would like, but it'll be the way I want to. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd tell them to shove it. I'll dress as a version of myself that I think someone would like, but it'll be the way I want to. "

Its part of the play and soon smudges off

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lipstick, I can’t go anywhere without it , I feel naked

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd tell them to shove it. I'll dress as a version of myself that I think someone would like, but it'll be the way I want to.

Its part of the play and soon smudges off "

Fair enough! If you enjoy it rock on.

I've had too many people try to dictate my appearance on meets. That's a good way to get me to cancel.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I depends on my mood, I will go out without a scrap of make-up on just moisturizer to full on face done.

Most days though it's a tinted moisturizer and a little bit of eye shadow.

Reply privately

By *urvyandCurious999Woman
over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I very very rarely wear makeup. I'm not very good at applying it and tend to look like I've got 2 black eyes if I'm not careful.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its part of the play and soon smudges off

Fair enough! If you enjoy it rock on.

I've had too many people try to dictate my appearance on meets. That's a good way to get me to cancel. "

Ahhh i get you, no its not controlled in that way.. I can see why you'd tell them to take a running jump

Reply privately

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

I really do look like a bloke in a dress if I don't, also I so enjoy applying it, feels nice x

Reply privately

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Lip stain and mebbe some eyeshadow.

Low maintenance, me

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Only wear it if i go out which is not often. Hate mascara and foundation but love lip gloss.

Reply privately

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan
over a year ago

london

The people I've met through fab request heavy makeup for meets which is a huge change for me and I feel like a clown when i wear it, but they seem to like it lol. It's not me though x"

I see you in a different light now hahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

I see you in a different light now hahaha"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear it for me, I like the way it looks. I only really wear any when I go out out so I like to make an effort. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I very very rarely wear makeup. I'm not very good at applying it and tend to look like I've got 2 black eyes if I'm not careful."

I used to feel that way. Easy and more foolproof eye makeup:

Shimmer eyeshadow in a colour similar to or slightly darker than your skin tone. Apply all over the lid just before the crease (the fold where the eyelid starts) and smudge the edges to make it look like it fades out.

Eyeliner, just on the upper lid, no cat eye or lower lid. Brown, grey, or navy blue if black is too harsh (or other colours, although that gets adventurous quickly).

Mascara, brown or even clear for definition.

Sometimes less is more.

(and take it if it helps, ignore me if it doesn't!)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

And at the risk of sounding like a know it all... I enjoy talking makeup. Hit me up if you want to ask questions. I'm a few years in and well remember finding all of this extremely intimidating, although my knowledge now is slightly embarrassing.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"And at the risk of sounding like a know it all... I enjoy talking makeup. Hit me up if you want to ask questions. I'm a few years in and well remember finding all of this extremely intimidating, although my knowledge now is slightly embarrassing. "

What colour eyeliner do think is best for a redhead? Tend to use liquid ones but they tend to be black

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hiding from twats

"I very very rarely wear makeup. I'm not very good at applying it and tend to look like I've got 2 black eyes if I'm not careful.

Shimmer eyeshadow in a colour similar to or slightly darker than your skin tone. Apply all over the lid just before the crease (the fold where the eyelid starts) and smudge the edges to make it look like it fades out.

Eyeliner, just on the upper lid, no cat eye or lower lid. Brown, grey, or navy blue if black is too harsh (or other colours, although that gets adventurous quickly).

Sometimes less is more.

(and take it if it helps, ignore me if it doesn't!) "

Thank you! Any recommendations for good budget brands? I feel like I should know this stuff by my age

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"And at the risk of sounding like a know it all... I enjoy talking makeup. Hit me up if you want to ask questions. I'm a few years in and well remember finding all of this extremely intimidating, although my knowledge now is slightly embarrassing.

What colour eyeliner do think is best for a redhead? Tend to use liquid ones but they tend to be black "

Depends on your eye colour over your hair colour. I have pale eyes and find black a bit overwhelming a lot of the time, particularly with my paleish skin. You'll have to Google, sorry, but something like Urban Decay 24/7 Whiskey or Demolition (mid or darker brown) would be my guess. Grey, dark/navy blue, or burgundy/darker purples also read less harsh, but still neutral, if you're pale and/or have light eyes.

Nyx do a liquid marker style eyeliner in brown.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"And at the risk of sounding like a know it all... I enjoy talking makeup. Hit me up if you want to ask questions. I'm a few years in and well remember finding all of this extremely intimidating, although my knowledge now is slightly embarrassing.

What colour eyeliner do think is best for a redhead? Tend to use liquid ones but they tend to be black

Depends on your eye colour over your hair colour. I have pale eyes and find black a bit overwhelming a lot of the time, particularly with my paleish skin. You'll have to Google, sorry, but something like Urban Decay 24/7 Whiskey or Demolition (mid or darker brown) would be my guess. Grey, dark/navy blue, or burgundy/darker purples also read less harsh, but still neutral, if you're pale and/or have light eyes.

Nyx do a liquid marker style eyeliner in brown. "

Brilliant thanks for that I have blue eyes so that's perfect

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I very very rarely wear makeup. I'm not very good at applying it and tend to look like I've got 2 black eyes if I'm not careful.

Sometimes less is more.

Thank you! Any recommendations for good budget brands? I feel like I should know this stuff by my age "

Look for reviews online, often products are all over the shop in terms of quality.

Sleek (in Boots) is one of the more consistent I know. I rate the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow, the Revlon nylon eyeliners rated well too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

And there's no shame in not knowing. Honestly

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh... Foundation. Pay a bit more. Get matched.

Boots No 7 is my favourite (and happens to be my perfect match). A foundation will run you £15-20 while many of the other counter brands will be £25- god only knows. They'll put it on you, you can let it settle, you can see it in different lights before deciding. (some of the more expensive brands will give you a small sample to try if you ask, no obligation)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hiding from twats

Thank you! I'm off shopping on Friday so I'll have a look for those

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't wear it that often really I have a but of powder on today with a nice plum matte gloss a bit of mascara and a small touch of highlight in the inner eye corners to bring out the eyes a bit

When I go out I usually go dramatic eyes foundation concealer bronzer and highlight also cat flick eyeliner and lashes,really enjoy playing with colours and sparkly bits to make the eyes pop I've no idea how to do your I tried once and looked awful.

Someone said urban decay is good I use mua it's pretty good and a fraction of the price

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Sometimes less is more.

Thank you! Any recommendations for good budget brands? I feel like I should know this stuff by my age "

Some collection 2000 stuff is decent. I love their concealer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Good makeup comes at all price points. So does bad.

Read reviews before purchasing. I'm an Urban Decay fan but they've had some flops.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

What colour eyeliner do think is best for a redhead? Tend to use liquid ones but they tend to be black "

I've used my brow pomade as eyeliner before

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't wear it every day, mostly just when I want to make an effort. I wear it for me, partly as a self expression thing and partly because I'm insecure if my skin is having a flare up and I don't like people to see it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's a few brands I've tried never nyx though but no7 is great for foundation mua also I stayed away from Maybelline mascara as it just clumps my lashes and I end up looking like spiders legs dangling from my eyelids

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've used my brow pomade as eyeliner before "

I use a brow highlight pencil on my Cupids bow. Fuck the rules

Reply privately

over a year ago

I rarely wear makeup and when I do its to give myself a bit more confidence if I’m going somewhere

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good makeup comes at all price points. So does bad.

Read reviews before purchasing. I'm an Urban Decay fan but they've had some flops. "

Another urban decay fan here!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"There's a few brands I've tried never nyx though but no7 is great for foundation mua also I stayed away from Maybelline mascara as it just clumps my lashes and I end up looking like spiders legs dangling from my eyelids "

My favourite mascara is Maybelline, lol!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear it but not day to day. I wear it when I want to because it makes me feel nice, like I've spent some time on myself. Never wear it for anyone else

Reply privately

over a year ago

Read reviews before purchasing. I'm an Urban Decay fan but they've had some flops. "

I have a pallette it's in a brown velvet kind of box well presented but for me it doesn't go on well or the pigment isn't good I don't know I could be doing something wrong

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's a few brands I've tried never nyx though but no7 is great for foundation mua also I stayed away from Maybelline mascara as it just clumps my lashes and I end up looking like spiders legs dangling from my eyelids

My favourite mascara is Maybelline, lol! "

Haha damn I've bought 5 different ones they have all done it to me and they aren't cheap almost a tenner a pop

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"There's a few brands I've tried never nyx though but no7 is great for foundation mua also I stayed away from Maybelline mascara as it just clumps my lashes and I end up looking like spiders legs dangling from my eyelids

My favourite mascara is Maybelline, lol! "

Same but I only like the ones with the big brushes. I hate any of the others like the ones with the little silicone spikes or short bristles.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Read reviews before purchasing. I'm an Urban Decay fan but they've had some flops.

I have a pallette it's in a brown velvet kind of box well presented but for me it doesn't go on well or the pigment isn't good I don't know I could be doing something wrong "

Ooh the original Naked. It is good. Clean eyelids, no product at all on them, add an eyeshadow primer, allow to set for a minute.

Also keep in mind that the shadows you see used online are used wet, and/or filters are applied to enhance the look of the shadow.

Half Baked is my jam.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'd love for makeup to be more accessible for woc. Like yes, Fenty is great as is Dior but it comes with a pricetag and you often have to compromise. My skintone isn't that uncommon but trying to find foundation or concealer or even a nude lipstick is a Herculean task.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Haha damn I've bought 5 different ones they have all done it to me and they aren't cheap almost a tenner a pop"

Get a spoolie (mascara brush) and brush out the clumps.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I have a pallette it's in a brown velvet kind of box well presented but for me it doesn't go on well or the pigment isn't good I don't know I could be doing something wrong "

I bought an eyeshadow primer from nyx and it makes even cheap eyeshadow go on half decent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love makeup and love trying new looks and being creative with it; it's like painting but your face is the canvas haha. However I don't wear it every day and am just as comfortable running errands or going to work without it. I like my face without it but I do find that I feel super confident when I'm fully dressed up and beat for the gods.

Also, most men who like natural don't realise that what they have seen to be "natural" actually means foundation, concealer, mascara, bronzer, lip gloss etc etc. Basically any makeup that is not a bright colour

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haha damn I've bought 5 different ones they have all done it to me and they aren't cheap almost a tenner a pop

Get a spoolie (mascara brush) and brush out the clumps. "

I don't have any and gave my last Maybelline to my mate seeings as I only used it once

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a pallette it's in a brown velvet kind of box well presented but for me it doesn't go on well or the pigment isn't good I don't know I could be doing something wrong

I bought an eyeshadow primer from nyx and it makes even cheap eyeshadow go on half decent."

I need eye primer the one I bought is awful very cheap just gonna throw it out

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's a few brands I've tried never nyx though but no7 is great for foundation mua also I stayed away from Maybelline mascara as it just clumps my lashes and I end up looking like spiders legs dangling from my eyelids "

NYX is great for liquid lipsticks. The L'Oréal Volumillion mascara range is amazing. I have been buying it for nearly 10 years; whenever I try a new brand I just end up going back because they're never as good, and I've tried lots of high end ones like YSL, Lancome and Dior

To be fair with mascara most of the time it's the brush that counts but with Maybelline I have found the actual formula to be very thick and it dries too quick to be buildable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I bought an eyeshadow primer from nyx and it makes even cheap eyeshadow go on half decent.

I need eye primer the one I bought is awful very cheap just gonna throw it out"

I use MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre as an eyeshadow primer. It's meant to be like a cream eyeshadow but it works fantastically as a primer, great for cut crease and halo looks too

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I need eye primer the one I bought is awful very cheap just gonna throw it out"

The one I have is kinda sticky and you can see where you've put it on a bit but once you put your eyeshadow over it it looks great.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I use Nyx HD as my daily eyeshadow primer, the glitter one for loose pigment, and Urban Decay Primer Potion if I really want the colours to pop.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

... Oh and the Nyx jumbo eye pencil in Milk can enhance colours (any of them can, although darker ones will interfere with the original colour), but may cause creasing (type of premature fading/ eyeshadow loss).

Reply privately

over a year ago

You girls aren't helping my slight make up addiction I really want to go and buy some new things but I have too much now! Such a dilemma

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

To be fair with mascara most of the time it's the brush that counts but with Maybelline I have found the actual formula to be very thick and it dries too quick to be buildable. "

That might be the issue. My natural lashes get me sworn at I don't like buildable mascara!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

To be fair with mascara most of the time it's the brush that counts but with Maybelline I have found the actual formula to be very thick and it dries too quick to be buildable.

That might be the issue. My natural lashes get me sworn at I don't like buildable mascara! "

Aahh are you a lucky one with naturally long lashes? Mine aren't bad but still put it on to thicken them a bit and add a tiny bit of length

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"

That might be the issue. My natural lashes get me sworn at I don't like buildable mascara! "

I put my setting spray on before my mascara so it doesn't print on my eyelids so maybe my damp eyelashes help .

Reply privately

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I rarely wear makeup day to day, but do when I go out.

Not because I think I need to or should do, but because I want to.

Used to only use High Street brands but now prefer to go for better quality brands, they go on easier and stay looking good for longer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear it for me. I don't feel awake without it. I'm a vintage girl so go for the porcelain look. Red lips. That kind of thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'd love for makeup to be more accessible for woc. Like yes, Fenty is great as is Dior but it comes with a pricetag and you often have to compromise. My skintone isn't that uncommon but trying to find foundation or concealer or even a nude lipstick is a Herculean task."

I feel your pain. My skin tone is quite neutral and most foundations are either way too yellow or pink so a lot of the time I end up having to mix my own. For lipsticks, I recently bought a couple of nudes from Primark on a total whim (only £1.50 so had nothing to lose) and have been totally impressed so far! They've totally held up against my usual lipsticks (I mostly wear MAC) and the shade range is very impressive, in the bigger stores at least. I recently went back and bought a lovely shade of red for 90p!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'd love for makeup to be more accessible for woc. Like yes, Fenty is great as is Dior but it comes with a pricetag and you often have to compromise. My skintone isn't that uncommon but trying to find foundation or concealer or even a nude lipstick is a Herculean task.

I feel your pain. My skin tone is quite neutral and most foundations are either way too yellow or pink so a lot of the time I end up having to mix my own. For lipsticks, I recently bought a couple of nudes from Primark on a total whim (only £1.50 so had nothing to lose) and have been totally impressed so far! They've totally held up against my usual lipsticks (I mostly wear MAC) and the shade range is very impressive, in the bigger stores at least. I recently went back and bought a lovely shade of red for 90p! "

Primarks make up seems to be pretty good I've not tried lipsticks but the foundation I got has a very light feeling on my skin kinda feels like my skin can still breathe if you know what I mean, the coverage isn't too bad either still have to conceal dark and red spots but have to do that with most foundations I've tried

Reply privately

over a year ago

Loving this thread, thank you! I rarely wear make-up. Pretty much only for swinging and very occasional dates. I went to a very good make-up artist about a year ago who gave me a tutorial. It gave me a lot more confidence in appropriate techniques for my older face, particularly in using less product. I’d recommend finding an artist for anyone who feels they need some guidance. Check you like their looks. My guy did drag but obviously we weren’t heading that way. It was less than £40 well spent.

Reply privately

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I'd love for makeup to be more accessible for woc. Like yes, Fenty is great as is Dior but it comes with a pricetag and you often have to compromise. My skintone isn't that uncommon but trying to find foundation or concealer or even a nude lipstick is a Herculean task.

I feel your pain. My skin tone is quite neutral and most foundations are either way too yellow or pink so a lot of the time I end up having to mix my own. For lipsticks, I recently bought a couple of nudes from Primark on a total whim (only £1.50 so had nothing to lose) and have been totally impressed so far! They've totally held up against my usual lipsticks (I mostly wear MAC) and the shade range is very impressive, in the bigger stores at least. I recently went back and bought a lovely shade of red for 90p! "

I keep basic Primark makeup in my work bag, in case of last minute important meetings... it is surprisingly good for the price.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Loving this thread, thank you! I rarely wear make-up. Pretty much only for swinging and very occasional dates. I went to a very good make-up artist about a year ago who gave me a tutorial. It gave me a lot more confidence in appropriate techniques for my older face, particularly in using less product. I’d recommend finding an artist for anyone who feels they need some guidance. Check you like their looks. My guy did drag but obviously we weren’t heading that way. It was less than £40 well spent."

That is a great idea! I have to say I have learned so much of what I know from YouTube tutorials. Not only how to actually apply the make-up but what kind of formulas are best for my skin type and the looks I'm trying to achieve. There are so many people doing tutorials these days, it's so easy to find people with your skin tone/taste/age/budget etc. Couldn't recommend YouTube enough as a starting point

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

That might be the issue. My natural lashes get me sworn at I don't like buildable mascara!

Aahh are you a lucky one with naturally long lashes? Mine aren't bad but still put it on to thicken them a bit and add a tiny bit of length"

Yes. Long, thickish, naturally black. Last time I had my brows done she complimented my mascara. I said I wasn't wearing any. She sputtered and said that in the nicest way possible, she wanted to swear at me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like make up when it’s applied well. As there is an art to it some don’t seem to have developed their artistic skill enough.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Aahh are you a lucky one with naturally long lashes? Mine aren't bad but still put it on to thicken them a bit and add a tiny bit of length

Yes. Long, thickish, naturally black. Last time I had my brows done she complimented my mascara. I said I wasn't wearing any. She sputtered and said that in the nicest way possible, she wanted to swear at me. "

Haha I get this too! And when I'm wearing mascara people usually ask me if I'm wearing falsies or lash extensions. I say "nah, I'm just really hairy" (the joys of half Asian genes lol)

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not that great at makeup. If I have an event I tend to get it done professionally. At home I tend to just wear mascara and eyeliner

In my teens and 20s I wouldnt go out the house without it.

Now I'm not that bothered if I wear makeup or not

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Yes. Long, thickish, naturally black. Last time I had my brows done she complimented my mascara. I said I wasn't wearing any. She sputtered and said that in the nicest way possible, she wanted to swear at me. "

I bet it's great having nice natural lashes however I'm jealous of my o.h lashes his are so long they touch his spec lenses

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Yes. Long, thickish, naturally black. Last time I had my brows done she complimented my mascara. I said I wasn't wearing any. She sputtered and said that in the nicest way possible, she wanted to swear at me.

I bet it's great having nice natural lashes however I'm jealous of my o.h lashes his are so long they touch his spec lenses "

I wear glasses. It's annoying

Reply privately

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I just spent an hour watching make up tutorials for hooded eyes. Just tried to recreate them and looked a right mess! I'm rubbish

Reply privately

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

I don’t wear it on a daily basis. I use to and just got to the point of getting really bad skin and blemishes. So I slowly weaned off it.

I now only wear it to functions or special occasions or date night. Just because it boosts my confidence a little bit.

Reply privately

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"I just spent an hour watching make up tutorials for hooded eyes. Just tried to recreate them and looked a right mess! I'm rubbish "

The best way to do this is to put your base colours on (transition and blended shade at the end) and then use concealer to go from the corner of the eye to create a fake eye lid and then put your glittery shade or whatever look it is you want on top of that. But using concealer to create a fake eye lid really does work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I just spent an hour watching make up tutorials for hooded eyes. Just tried to recreate them and looked a right mess! I'm rubbish "

Practice, you'll get there eventually x

Reply privately

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I have hooded eyes, there's definitely a knack.

Best to keep it simple and go lightly on the eyeliner.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I just spent an hour watching make up tutorials for hooded eyes. Just tried to recreate them and looked a right mess! I'm rubbish

Best to keep it simple and go lightly on the eyeliner."

I have hooded eyes and don't do my eyeliner too thick as a result. I also stick mostly to matte eyeshdows. If I use any shimmer it's just a little on the lid. You can't usually see it when my eyes are fully open though.

Reply privately

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

"I just spent an hour watching make up tutorials for hooded eyes. Just tried to recreate them and looked a right mess! I'm rubbish

The best way to do this is to put your base colours on (transition and blended shade at the end) and then use concealer to go from the corner of the eye to create a fake eye lid and then put your glittery shade or whatever look it is you want on top of that. But using concealer to create a fake eye lid really does work. "

Ah ok. Will have to look this up so I can visualise it but sounds good! Thanks

Reply privately

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I have hooded eyes and don't do my eyeliner too thick as a result. I also stick mostly to matte eyeshdows. If I use any shimmer it's just a little on the lid. You can't usually see it when my eyes are fully open though."

Yep that's what my hour long video said! Matt colours and no winged eyeliner.

Think I'm going to start saving for an eye job

Reply privately

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

Note to the ladies, Men don't have a clue if you have hooded eyes or not regardless of your make up. Flash em your tits if in doubt.

Reply privately

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"Note to the ladies, Men don't have a clue if you have hooded eyes or not regardless of your make up. Flash em your tits if in doubt."

I’ll happily flash mine again for you lol if that helps

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Note to the ladies, Men don't have a clue if you have hooded eyes or not regardless of your make up. Flash em your tits if in doubt."

We know. You lot barely notice if we change from brunette to blonde

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I once had a meet where I agonised over my makeup. He was talking about us meeting to someone else at some point later and mentioned the red lipstick I was wearing.

It was pink.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I have hooded eyes and don't do my eyeliner too thick as a result. I also stick mostly to matte eyeshdows. If I use any shimmer it's just a little on the lid. You can't usually see it when my eyes are fully open though.

Yep that's what my hour long video said! Matt colours and no winged eyeliner.

Think I'm going to start saving for an eye job "

There's definitely no need

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear makeup to make my skin tone look even and make it look like I have longer darker lashes.

That's it.

And just for me.

Reply privately

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I almost never wear make up.

Probably because I’m not very good at achieving a natural look with it "

But you are fortunate that natural really suits you

Reply privately

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s a persona I wear for looking my best at work or going out. At home I don’t wear make-up

Surprising how it changes one’s appearance (and boosts confidence for those not so confident )

Reply privately

By *bwredcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Dorset

I love wearing make up, but I'm not bothered having it on religiously, I do it for me and to enhance my best features, which I'm told are my eyes and I love wearing red lippy! Being a redhead, I'm quite pale without make up so I like a little bit or people think I'm ill lol xx

Reply privately

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

"Note to the ladies, Men don't have a clue if you have hooded eyes or not regardless of your make up. Flash em your tits if in doubt.

I’ll happily flash mine again for you lol if that helps "

Reply privately

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan
over a year ago

london

"I love wearing make up, but I'm not bothered having it on religiously, I do it for me and to enhance my best features, which I'm told are my eyes and I love wearing red lippy! Being a redhead, I'm quite pale without make up so I like a little bit or people think I'm ill lol xx"

And what about your wife?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Note to the ladies, Men don't have a clue if you have hooded eyes or not regardless of your make up. Flash em your tits if in doubt.

I’ll happily flash mine again for you lol if that helps "

I don’t think a woman has ever flashed her tits at me. .....sheltered life...mutter, mutter....

I do appreciate the effort you women go to look fantastic. I know it’s for you but I enjoy seeing the results.

Reply privately

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

I don’t think a woman has ever flashed her tits at me. .....sheltered life...mutter, mutter....

I do appreciate the effort you women go to look fantastic. I know it’s for you but I enjoy seeing the results. "

For me? I wear makeup so everyone else doesn’t have to see me look like death warmed up!! For myself? I wouldn’t bother lol

On a more serious note... I think we need to address this sheltered life you have lived

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do appreciate the effort you women go to look fantastic. I know it’s for you but I enjoy seeing the results.

For me? I wear makeup so everyone else doesn’t have to see me look like death warmed up!! For myself? I wouldn’t bother lol

On a more serious note... I think we need to address this sheltered life you have lived "

I’m hoping 2020 will start sorting it

Reply privately

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"I don’t think a woman has ever flashed her tits at me. .....sheltered life...mutter, mutter....

On a more serious note... I think we need to address this sheltered life you have lived

I’m hoping 2020 will start sorting it "

How far is north west?

Reply privately

By *bwredcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Dorset

"I love wearing make up, but I'm not bothered having it on religiously, I do it for me and to enhance my best features, which I'm told are my eyes and I love wearing red lippy! Being a redhead, I'm quite pale without make up so I like a little bit or people think I'm ill lol xx

And what about your wife? "

Ha ha this is the wife

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don’t think a woman has ever flashed her tits at me. .....sheltered life...mutter, mutter....

How far is north west? "

About 60 miles up the M6

Reply privately

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

How far is north west?

About 60 miles up the M6"

I’m on my way

Reply privately

over a year ago

I rarely wear any more than mascara these days, I feel a bit clowny with more and most of it makes my skin scream for air. I don't particularly like fashion either, so I don't get why females want to look like drag queens

Reply privately

By *chilles and RavenCouple
over a year ago

Guernsey

I am terrible i think i wore makeup 3 times this year just gone. But i have a massive amount of it, i am in love with the Urban Decay eye shadow palettes. If i wear makeup its is all or nothing. Mostly nothing i don't care about blemishes they are natural. Plus it takes about 30 mins to do bare makeup with the skin care routine. That's 30 mins of beauty sleep :D

I pick the beauty sleep

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Natural to me means no make up. I can tell the difference between no make up and a particular effect. Make up and cosmetic surgery are obvious 100 paces away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Natural to me means no make up. I can tell the difference between no make up and a particular effect. Make up and cosmetic surgery are obvious 100 paces away. "

If you can you're an unusual man. But people wear it for their own reasons.

Reply privately

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

"

It was a bit more than a flash tbh

Reply privately

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

It was a bit more than a flash tbh "

May have to refresh my memory

Reply privately

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

It was a bit more than a flash tbh

May have to refresh my memory "

Thought I was too old for you now

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I would love to wear it, but wouldn't know were to start.

My mother never wore it so was never shown how to apply the stuff,I have tried but always end up looking like Ronald McDonald

One, my inbox is open if you want. Two, go talk to Boots No 7. They're not ridiculously expensive, they're down to earth, and they're not going to do anything intimidating made for Instagram. "

I used to work for boots and have done make overs myself for no7 from time to time, she has a point! Nice humans L d

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sometimes told I wear natural makeup, when I've got (deep breath)

One or two brow products, one or two eyeliners, up to six eyeshadows plus primer, mascara, primer plus foundation and concealer, contouring, blush, highlight, lip liner and lipstick.

Natural my arse "

Amen to that! L x

Reply privately

By *xycpl699Couple
over a year ago

kilmarnock

Hardly ever wear it now think it's an age thing u get older and lazier.hollie

Reply privately

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I wear very little make up.

As I've got older I find it ages me more.

I wear eyeliner and mascara and I wear it for me.

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

I have to wear it for obvious reasons. But i have a fairly simple standard routine and rarely do anything particularly flashy. Start with a drop of light moisturiser on the skin, foundation just round the lower face and neck, translucent powder all over, a quick brush of powder blusher, mascara, and a long lasting lippy. Most of it max factor. If i get as far as eye shadow, it's just a quick rub on with a finger.

Swing, you really seem to know your stuff, next time i bump into you I'd value an opinion

Reply privately