Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Body positivity

Jump to newest

By *emorefrida OP   Couple
over a year ago

La la land

It's that time of year, where we all get bombarded with adverts on different ways to loose weight. There's no miracle way to loose weight, unfollow any influencers that make you feel crap about yourself, and that have the easy way to weight loss it's all rubbish.

Your body is amazing it's keeping you alive. I'm in the category that needs to loose weight and I'll do it by making better healthier lifestyle choices. Be kind to yourselves.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Looking forward to getting bigger this year. Just working out how to do it on a budget!!

over a year ago

La la land

"Looking forward to getting bigger this year. Just working out how to do it on a budget!!"

Go for it M did something similar a few years back. Eggs eggs and more eggs from what I see.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll be hitting the gym!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Self love comes from within. You don't need stuff, food, or gyms to get there.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m happy with how I am except for my little food baby tummy.

over a year ago

La la land

"Self love comes from within. You don't need stuff, food, or gyms to get there. "

Yes couldn't agree more, walking boots are the only thing I need. And then it's more to clear my head so I feel more positive

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Looking forward to getting bigger this year. Just working out how to do it on a budget!!

Go for it M did something similar a few years back. Eggs eggs and more eggs from what I see. "

I'll have to watch my cholesterol though, it's usually high-ish.

over a year ago

La la land

"I’m happy with how I am except for my little food baby tummy. "

Yay being happy in your own skin is amazing

over a year ago

Drink plenty of water.

A good tip. Eat lots of cucumber

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"I’m happy with how I am except for my little food baby tummy. "

My slack stomach annoys the hell out of me! Hopefully building up my upper body might balance it out!

over a year ago

La la land

"Looking forward to getting bigger this year. Just working out how to do it on a budget!!

Go for it M did something similar a few years back. Eggs eggs and more eggs from what I see.

I'll have to watch my cholesterol though, it's usually high-ish."

He has massive pots of whey protein he uses, sure he buys them in bulk

over a year ago

Been doing a workout for the last 6 weeks and i like the results

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Been doing a workout for the last 6 weeks and i like the results"

Please elaborate.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

He has massive pots of whey protein he uses, sure he buys them in bulk "

Hmmmm, that stuffs not cheap! Im thinking lots and lots of porridge!

over a year ago

Dietary cholesterol has little if any effect in blood cholesterol. It's saturated fatty acids you need to watch.

I eat around 6 eggs a day and cholesterol levels are spot on.

over a year ago

"It's that time of year, where we all get bombarded with adverts on different ways to loose weight. There's no miracle way to loose weight, unfollow any influencers that make you feel crap about yourself, and that have the easy way to weight loss it's all rubbish.

Your body is amazing it's keeping you alive. I'm in the category that needs to loose weight and I'll do it by making better healthier lifestyle choices. Be kind to yourselves. "

I get ashamed of myself if I put on too much weight. It's also how I motivate myself into getting back to the gym and improving my fitness. Yes love yourself but also realise what is healthy. I don't think body shaming yourself is necessarily a bad thing if it's what motivates you to make a change

over a year ago

La la land

Hmmmm, that stuffs not cheap! Im thinking lots and lots of porridge!"

He eats that too, we've blitzed it in a food processor with nuts and seeds and some malt powder so you can make it into a drink or add on top of plain yogurt

over a year ago

I will be continuing with my slow bulk program, 3 times a week full body workout with a slight surplus of 300kcal which equals to 3000 kcal

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

some of the websites have sales on at the mo you would pick up the protein powder for handy enough money. Himself buys the big bags and they last him ages

over a year ago

"Been doing a workout for the last 6 weeks and i like the results

Please elaborate. "

Just basics and targeted weights at home sugar belly is vanishing arms chest shoulders growing and toning nicely all without the 20 per month gym fee and the this is a year contract bollox u get when u leave

over a year ago

La la land

"It's that time of year, where we all get bombarded with adverts on different ways to loose weight. There's no miracle way to loose weight, unfollow any influencers that make you feel crap about yourself, and that have the easy way to weight loss it's all rubbish.

Your body is amazing it's keeping you alive. I'm in the category that needs to loose weight and I'll do it by making better healthier lifestyle choices. Be kind to yourselves.

I get ashamed of myself if I put on too much weight. It's also how I motivate myself into getting back to the gym and improving my fitness. Yes love yourself but also realise what is healthy. I don't think body shaming yourself is necessarily a bad thing if it's what motivates you to make a change"

Shaming isn't necessary, having realistic goals are different. Myself personally I find when I feel rubbish I eat rubbish. So it's counter productive.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I think it's safe to say that at this time of year every diet and good intention on losing weight gets thrown out the window!

over a year ago

La la land

"I will be continuing with my slow bulk program, 3 times a week full body workout with a slight surplus of 300kcal which equals to 3000 kcal "

Clearly works for you, and you clearly enjoy it

over a year ago

Have more vegetables, cut out red meat and switch to vegan butter for now especially when cooking. Find your love for seafood, increase the hours you spend sleeping

over a year ago

I get ashamed of myself if I put on too much weight. It's also how I motivate myself into getting back to the gym and improving my fitness. Yes love yourself but also realise what is healthy. I don't think body shaming yourself is necessarily a bad thing if it's what motivates you to make a change"

I’ve had long workouts in the bedroom with so called unhealthy women and worn out so called healthy,gym fit women. So don’t judge a person by appearance

over a year ago

"I will be continuing with my slow bulk program, 3 times a week full body workout with a slight surplus of 300kcal which equals to 3000 kcal "

I struggle to hit 3000 daily, whats your meal routine?

over a year ago

You can get all the protein needed from food. Unless you have a ridiculous amount of muscle mass most protein from supplements goes In your waste

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Please elaborate.

Just basics and targeted weights at home sugar belly is vanishing arms chest shoulders growing and toning nicely all without the 20 per month gym fee and the this is a year contract bollox u get when u leave "

I should join the gym at my work place... it's only 80 quid!

over a year ago

La la land

I get ashamed of myself if I put on too much weight. It's also how I motivate myself into getting back to the gym and improving my fitness. Yes love yourself but also realise what is healthy. I don't think body shaming yourself is necessarily a bad thing if it's what motivates you to make a change

I’ve had long workouts in the bedroom with so called unhealthy women and worn out so called healthy,gym fit women. So don’t judge a person by appearance "

This is very true, I'm on the bigger side but can hike up mountains no problems.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm happy with my body. It's older than it used to be but the different ways it shows that are interesting and occasionally darn annoying . I like it mostly though and am happy to accept that other either will agree or not

over a year ago

La la land

Please elaborate.

Just basics and targeted weights at home sugar belly is vanishing arms chest shoulders growing and toning nicely all without the 20 per month gym fee and the this is a year contract bollox u get when u leave

I should join the gym at my work place... it's only 80 quid!"

That's a ridiculous amount!

over a year ago

La la land

"I'm happy with my body. It's older than it used to be but the different ways it shows that are interesting and occasionally darn annoying . I like it mostly though and am happy to accept that other either will agree or not "

This is my target this coming year, to be happy in my own skin

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I love myself and my body (most of the time). It doesn't mean I don't want to continue losing weight for health reasons - it's a lifestyle and mentality change for me and it's ongoing. I want to be fitter and be able to wear what I want and feel more positive about who I am. But for now, it's Christmas and I'm enjoying relaxing and eating the small mountain of delicious cheeses we have in.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Have more vegetables, cut out red meat and switch to vegan butter for now especially when cooking. Find your love for seafood, increase the hours you spend sleeping "

I don't eat butter, i have red meat twice a week, i have sardines with olive oil 4 times a week. There isn't really any time for more sleep to be honest i work long days and start at 7.

over a year ago

"I will be continuing with my slow bulk program, 3 times a week full body workout with a slight surplus of 300kcal which equals to 3000 kcal

Clearly works for you, and you clearly enjoy it "

Ty and yes it does. I like it very much too, it is all about tracking the macros

over a year ago

I think it's nice to be positive, but I don't think we should be encouraging people to eat themselves to death just as we shouldn't encourage people to starve themselves.

over a year ago

"I will be continuing with my slow bulk program, 3 times a week full body workout with a slight surplus of 300kcal which equals to 3000 kcal

I struggle to hit 3000 daily, whats your meal routine?"

I find it easy. I eat mostly tuna, egg, chicken, pasta, rice, bread and other things.

By *oneyjule65Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

I am happy as I am I embrace my feminine curves...

over a year ago

Shaming isn't necessary, having realistic goals are different. Myself personally I find when I feel rubbish I eat rubbish. So it's counter productive."

I am ashamed of myself if I look unhealthy as it's not something I'm used to. I think if I eat rubbish and don't exercise then my body reflects that. It is a tangible reminder that I need to make changes. It also seems more rewarding when I get fit again as I can see the difference. The goal for you should be to not eat rubbish when you feel rubbish. Exercise is cathartic where as eating is not. Try making a shift in habit

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I struggle to hit 3000 daily, whats your meal routine?I find it easy. I eat mostly tuna, egg, chicken, pasta, rice, bread and other things."

Are you still working as a chef?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"I think it's nice to be positive, but I don't think we should be encouraging people to eat themselves to death just as we shouldn't encourage people to starve themselves."

Everyone dies.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm happy with my body. It's older than it used to be but the different ways it shows that are interesting and occasionally darn annoying . I like it mostly though and am happy to accept that other either will agree or not

This is my target this coming year, to be happy in my own skin"

If this is Frida you have a great skin to be happy in

over a year ago

I gave up all fizzy drinks 3 years ago today it started out as I was just going to do it for 2 weeks I did that challenged myself to do another 2 weeks and that became months and now 3 years I just did it because I was drinking so many cans a day of and now I don’t miss it at all I love ice cold water and black coffee ... just changing one thing can make a big difference x

over a year ago

La la land

"I think it's nice to be positive, but I don't think we should be encouraging people to eat themselves to death just as we shouldn't encourage people to starve themselves."

Didn't encourage anybody to eat themselves to death? I only stated that there is no miracle cure sold by some Instagram influencer. Only making better healthier lifestyle choices.

over a year ago

La la land

"I'm happy with my body. It's older than it used to be but the different ways it shows that are interesting and occasionally darn annoying . I like it mostly though and am happy to accept that other either will agree or not

If this is Frida you have a great skin to be happy in "

Yes it is and thank you

over a year ago

La la land

"I gave up all fizzy drinks 3 years ago today it started out as I was just going to do it for 2 weeks I did that challenged myself to do another 2 weeks and that became months and now 3 years I just did it because I was drinking so many cans a day of and now I don’t miss it at all I love ice cold water and black coffee ... just changing one thing can make a big difference x

"

Totally agree with you small changes can make such a difference

over a year ago

Sometimes you just need to hear this, it’s so hard anyway with all the picture perfect images on social media and confidence isn’t always easy to come by. So today, this is the perfect mantra. Thank you!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes it is and thank you "

This is Mrs N by the way and I'm straight so take that as a genuine compliment with no agenda

over a year ago

La la land

Shaming isn't necessary, having realistic goals are different. Myself personally I find when I feel rubbish I eat rubbish. So it's counter productive.

I am ashamed of myself if I look unhealthy as it's not something I'm used to. I think if I eat rubbish and don't exercise then my body reflects that. It is a tangible reminder that I need to make changes. It also seems more rewarding when I get fit again as I can see the difference. The goal for you should be to not eat rubbish when you feel rubbish. Exercise is cathartic where as eating is not. Try making a shift in habit"

Good point and I do actually agree with you. When I feel rubbish I try and get outside into the hillsides. It's not about the exercise for me it's the mindset.

over a year ago

Your body is amazing it's keeping you alive. I'm in the category that needs to loose weight and I'll do it by making better healthier lifestyle choices. Be kind to yourselves. "

Lovely post op

over a year ago

La la land

Yes it is and thank you

This is Mrs N by the way and I'm straight so take that as a genuine compliment with no agenda "

Those are the best kind of compliments thank you Mrs N

over a year ago

La la land

"Sometimes you just need to hear this, it’s so hard anyway with all the picture perfect images on social media and confidence isn’t always easy to come by. So today, this is the perfect mantra. Thank you!"

It's so hard even as a grown up adult not to get sucked into the social media influencers. Be kind to yourself you look amazing

over a year ago

I personally think I look better now then I did when I was 2 stone lighter! I lost my boobs and my curves!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I personally think I look better now then I did when I was 2 stone lighter! I lost my boobs and my curves!"

I'm the same, when I lose weight I feel like I look older

over a year ago

"Looking forward to getting bigger this year. Just working out how to do it on a budget!!"

Biggest money saving tip someone gave me was just to buy extra large chickens, cook them, shred them and use them in my meals, salads and wraps for my lunch at work.

And you can get these breakfast drinks in Asda that have 20 grams of protein in each, that are 5 for £4.

I love doing diet plans if anyone wants some ideas or help, please feel free to get in touch. (I’m already doing four for people in the office, haha)

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Biggest money saving tip someone gave me was just to buy extra large chickens, cook them, shred them and use them in my meals, salads and wraps for my lunch at work.

And you can get these breakfast drinks in Asda that have 20 grams of protein in each, that are 5 for £4.

I love doing diet plans if anyone wants some ideas or help, please feel free to get in touch. (I’m already doing four for people in the office, haha)"

Cheers, those breakfast drinks are 60p in Home bargains!

over a year ago

La la land

"I personally think I look better now then I did when I was 2 stone lighter! I lost my boobs and my curves!"

You look amazing and I'm sure you did when you were lighter too.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm mostly happy with my body but occasionally habe wobbles. I've been having one recently, maybe it is the time of year. There's small improvements I'd like to make to my body but I think I am mostly happy with it and my wobbles are caused by the media pushing the idea that thinner is always bether. When I meet someone new I often have a worry in the back of my mind that they won't like my body and will expect me to be slimmer than I am. That soon goes when I meet them and they're clearly attracted to me.

over a year ago

La la land

"I love myself and my body (most of the time). It doesn't mean I don't want to continue losing weight for health reasons - it's a lifestyle and mentality change for me and it's ongoing. I want to be fitter and be able to wear what I want and feel more positive about who I am. But for now, it's Christmas and I'm enjoying relaxing and eating the small mountain of delicious cheeses we have in. "

I'm in the same position I think, want to be more positive and make better decisions.

over a year ago

La la land

"I'm mostly happy with my body but occasionally habe wobbles. I've been having one recently, maybe it is the time of year. There's small improvements I'd like to make to my body but I think I am mostly happy with it and my wobbles are caused by the media pushing the idea that thinner is always bether. When I meet someone new I often have a worry in the back of my mind that they won't like my body and will expect me to be slimmer than I am. That soon goes when I meet them and they're clearly attracted to me."

I have a turbulent relationship with my body. And the media doesn't help. Having a wobble at the moment, just need to get back into my routine again.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm mostly happy with my body but occasionally habe wobbles. I've been having one recently, maybe it is the time of year. There's small improvements I'd like to make to my body but I think I am mostly happy with it and my wobbles are caused by the media pushing the idea that thinner is always bether. When I meet someone new I often have a worry in the back of my mind that they won't like my body and will expect me to be slimmer than I am. That soon goes when I meet them and they're clearly attracted to me.

I have a turbulent relationship with my body. And the media doesn't help. Having a wobble at the moment, just need to get back into my routine again. "

I hope your wobble passes soon. One thing that I found helped me was shifting my focus to health over aesthetics. Eating a better diet makes me feel better and less bloated and lifting weights in the gym makes me love my body for what it can achieve and I'm proud of the progress it makes.

over a year ago

"I'm mostly happy with my body but occasionally habe wobbles. I've been having one recently, maybe it is the time of year. There's small improvements I'd like to make to my body but I think I am mostly happy with it and my wobbles are caused by the media pushing the idea that thinner is always bether. When I meet someone new I often have a worry in the back of my mind that they won't like my body and will expect me to be slimmer than I am. That soon goes when I meet them and they're clearly attracted to me."

You have an amazing body!!! I have the exact same worry though! Pics don’t always show the reality of what our body’s are like.

By *eddyBearBazMan
over a year ago

St Helens

You look amazing as you are lacey xxx

over a year ago

I'm already looking forward to getting back into healthy eating and after a week off from swimming I feel the need to do something active. That's what makes me feel positive about my body.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"I'm already looking forward to getting back into healthy eating and after a week off from swimming I feel the need to do something active. That's what makes me feel positive about my body. "

I feel positive about your body.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm mostly happy with my body but occasionally habe wobbles. I've been having one recently, maybe it is the time of year. There's small improvements I'd like to make to my body but I think I am mostly happy with it and my wobbles are caused by the media pushing the idea that thinner is always bether. When I meet someone new I often have a worry in the back of my mind that they won't like my body and will expect me to be slimmer than I am. That soon goes when I meet them and they're clearly attracted to me.

You have an amazing body!!! I have the exact same worry though! Pics don’t always show the reality of what our body’s are like."

That's very kind of you. As do you! Fantastic legs!

I think my pictures are pretty accurate but I'm slightly on the tall side and I think that makes me appear a bit slimmer. My waist is also a dress size smaller than the rest of me. I was once contacted on a dating site by a guy who specified his absolute maximum preference was a size 12 and I'm a 12/14.

There's also the fact that stood upright is one thing but if you're doing the dirty with someone you're sometimes a bit more scrunched up and that's not quite so flattering .

over a year ago

The media always promote what is not really attainable for the average person. Like I started watching a chrus Hemsworth workout before I realised I didn't have a private gym to myself... However, people being slimmer generally means they're healthier, if done correctly of course. I agree with the media promoting healthy eating and people being slimmer because it is how our bodies are supposed to be. I think we should always love ourselves and our bodies but not if it makes us delusional. Fat is not healthy and it is not you at you optimum. Whether you are happy like it or not you should objectively be able to look at yourself and know that changes are needed. Not preaching here, just my mindset so I keep myself thin

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

The media always promote what is not really attainable for the average person. Like I started watching a chrus Hemsworth workout before I realised I didn't have a private gym to myself... However, people being slimmer generally means they're healthier, if done correctly of course. I agree with the media promoting healthy eating and people being slimmer because it is how our bodies are supposed to be. I think we should always love ourselves and our bodies but not if it makes us delusional. Fat is not healthy and it is not you at you optimum. Whether you are happy like it or not you should objectively be able to look at yourself and know that changes are needed. Not preaching here, just my mindset so I keep myself thin"

I don't need to make changes. My doctor even told me so.

over a year ago

La la land

I have a turbulent relationship with my body. And the media doesn't help. Having a wobble at the moment, just need to get back into my routine again.

I hope your wobble passes soon. One thing that I found helped me was shifting my focus to health over aesthetics. Eating a better diet makes me feel better and less bloated and lifting weights in the gym makes me love my body for what it can achieve and I'm proud of the progress it makes."

This is exactly what I do when I'm in a healthy mindset. Just need to get back to it. The hills near me are my goal. Though should start thinking about lifting again fell out of that routine.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I hope your wobble passes soon. One thing that I found helped me was shifting my focus to health over aesthetics. Eating a better diet makes me feel better and less bloated and lifting weights in the gym makes me love my body for what it can achieve and I'm proud of the progress it makes.

This is exactly what I do when I'm in a healthy mindset. Just need to get back to it. The hills near me are my goal. Though should start thinking about lifting again fell out of that routine. "

Best of luck to you and a healthier and happier 2020!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’ve got to try and lose weight this year as now on a waiting list to have dental work carried out under general anaesthetic, thanks to a tricky back tooth. One of my biggest fears is dying under anaesthetic so i need to slim down for health reasons.

over a year ago

La la land

"I’ve got to try and lose weight this year as now on a waiting list to have dental work carried out under general anaesthetic, thanks to a tricky back tooth. One of my biggest fears is dying under anaesthetic so i need to slim down for health reasons."

Good luck, had my wisdom tooth extracted when 8 weeks pregnant so wasn't allowed painkillers. Tooth ache is horrible. Hope the op goes well x

over a year ago

Personally I hate my body, well my belly mainly. New year I'm going to try harder to keep away from the chocolate and carbs... No easy task for a greedy bum like me

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"I’ve got to try and lose weight this year as now on a waiting list to have dental work carried out under general anaesthetic, thanks to a tricky back tooth. One of my biggest fears is dying under anaesthetic so i need to slim down for health reasons.

Good luck, had my wisdom tooth extracted when 8 weeks pregnant so wasn't allowed painkillers. Tooth ache is horrible. Hope the op goes well x"

Thank you x

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

I dont like my stomach. I have diastasis recti after my c section on my 4th so i constantly look like im still a bit pregnant. Im going back to the gym next week and im hoping to lose another 20 pounds. Id love to feel comfy in my own skin but right now i dont. Plus i found when i was working out during the year it did great things for me mentally not just physically. For the coming year im going to focus a bit more on myself and my mental health. We had a very stressful and hard year looking after his mum who we sadly lost a little while ago and it took its toll on both of us. Its time to start regrouping i think and getting ourselves looked after

over a year ago

Can’t beat a bit of beasting as they say

over a year ago

Ill be working on my winter body till further notice

over a year ago

I struggle to hit 3000 daily, whats your meal routine?I find it easy. I eat mostly tuna, egg, chicken, pasta, rice, bread and other things.

Are you still working as a chef?"

Yes I am so I like to do fancy stuff with the food

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I struggle to hit 3000 daily, whats your meal routine?I find it easy. I eat mostly tuna, egg, chicken, pasta, rice, bread and other things.

Are you still working as a chef?Yes I am so I like to do fancy stuff with the food "

over a year ago

If you need tips how to get in shape DM me

over a year ago

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

A diet of raw pork and rancid tuna will soon have the weight dropping off (or out!)

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I started losing weight and looking "thin enough" when I started to accept and love myself. It became easier.

Seek happiness, lasting happiness, not an image. The health thing may yet come as a result. Love yourself. Don't listen to those who want to put you down, even if they wrap it up in fear mongering about your health.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I started losing weight and looking "thin enough" when I started to accept and love myself. It became easier.

Seek happiness, lasting happiness, not an image. The health thing may yet come as a result. Love yourself. Don't listen to those who want to put you down, even if they wrap it up in fear mongering about your health. "

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Body positivity always

over a year ago

Gotta love yourself and the wonderful body you are in

We all have our hang ups x

over a year ago

Whatever you do do it for yourself, that’s the most important thing. If I’m happy with myself other people can take me or leave me and that’s how everyone should feel.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Whatever you do do it for yourself, that’s the most important thing. If I’m happy with myself other people can take me or leave me and that’s how everyone should feel.

"

This. Absolutely.

over a year ago

Not body related butI want your hair!

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

This, this and this 1000x over. Not enough people talk sense about it!!!!

By *hMyGawdCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

It's all about that unfashionable thing called personal responsibility.

Being overweight is a choice.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's all about that unfashionable thing called personal responsibility.

Being overweight is a choice."

Being generally unkind is a bit 2005. In 2020 the hot outfit choices are compassion and empathy.

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

Being generally unkind is a bit 2005. In 2020 the hot outfit choices are compassion and empathy. "

agreed Swing

By *olex99Man
over a year ago

Hull

"I personally think I look better now then I did when I was 2 stone lighter! I lost my boobs and my curves!

I'm the same, when I lose weight I feel like I look older "

You look great. You don't need to change

over a year ago

Fuck man, what an attitude... You have no idea what goes on in people's lives

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

My body is so amazing it has to keep growing to cope with all the greatness.

over a year ago

It is in a way unless it’s medical. I’m overweight but I can do something about it and I will. Many people are happy overweight. I’m not, although I’ll never want to be slim but I know what I’m happy at. Some things you can’t change. Your weight you usually can.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'll let my doctors know that my dying thyroid doesn't need medical intervention and I should just accept that I'm lazy

over a year ago

"I'll let my doctors know that my dying thyroid doesn't need medical intervention and I should just accept that I'm lazy "

Like I said. Medical issues is totally different.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'll let my doctors know that my dying thyroid doesn't need medical intervention and I should just accept that I'm lazy

Like I said. Medical issues is totally different. "

Not you, Nora, sorry. The idea that being overweight is a choice.

over a year ago

"I'll let my doctors know that my dying thyroid doesn't need medical intervention and I should just accept that I'm lazy

Not you, Nora, sorry. The idea that being overweight is a choice. "

I know lovely. I do sort of agree though. Unless it’s medical is it not a choice?

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Jeeez. And it really is so simple to manage weight isn't it, that's why so many people struggle with their weight. Good god, what a very narrow minded attitude.

Many things influence a persons weight, incl medical problems, mental health, grief, body issues. Open your eyes and your mind.

over a year ago

Jeeez. And it really is so simple to manage weight isn't it, that's why so many people struggle with their weight. Good god, what a very narrow minded attitude.

Many things influence a persons weight, incl medical problems, mental health, grief, body issues. Open your eyes and your mind."

True. But what I was saying is it can be changed, whereas other things can’t. And before anyone comments I have been through all of the above.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm not overweight but as I've mentioned above I still get affected by the things the OP refers to, as do many other people who are not overweight. Surely that in itself shows how unhealthy they are.

over a year ago

In this age and day we are all to busy to please people no matter what people will always have opinion if you like it or not.

If you want to loose the weight you can do it just you have to put effective and time and same goes if people want to put the weight on. We just have to take small step to achieve our goals we just need to be happy with our self enjoy the life.

over a year ago

My doctor said I’m 5 stone overweight.

So I’m obese

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Inaswingdress and Nora - both of you ladies are absolutely stunning. So sod what they say you should look like.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I know lovely. I do sort of agree though. Unless it’s medical is it not a choice? "

But some people have more hurdles than others (medical or otherwise), and some people have bigger priorities than others (we all have limited energy to make good choices in all areas of our lives). We don't know what anyone else is going through or how hard it is for them... And being rude about what you don't know about is a bigger choice and I'll judge that all day long.

over a year ago

I might diet this year and get real shredded

By *hMyGawdCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Obesity is almost always because people take in more calories than they expend.

Food intake and excercise are choices. Therefore body weight is a choice too.

It's not a bad attitude or being unkind, it's just a biological fact.

over a year ago

"Inaswingdress and Nora - both of you ladies are absolutely stunning. So sod what they say you should look like. "

Thank you. And that’s lovely but it makes no difference. Unless you’re happy with yourself it doesn’t matter what anyone says. I’m not moaning or anything. I only stress about things I can do nothing about. That’s why I said before, do it for yourself. If people aren’t happy do

Something about it. I’m not saying it’s easy but it’s possible.

over a year ago

I know lovely. I do sort of agree though. Unless it’s medical is it not a choice?

But some people have more hurdles than others (medical or otherwise), and some people have bigger priorities than others (we all have limited energy to make good choices in all areas of our lives). We don't know what anyone else is going through or how hard it is for them... And being rude about what you don't know about is a bigger choice and I'll judge that all day long. "

I don’t believe i was rude.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

But some people have more hurdles than others (medical or otherwise), and some people have bigger priorities than others (we all have limited energy to make good choices in all areas of our lives). We don't know what anyone else is going through or how hard it is for them... And being rude about what you don't know about is a bigger choice and I'll judge that all day long.

I don’t believe i was rude. "

No. Not you.

over a year ago

I don’t believe i was rude.

No. Not you. "

Ah ok. Apologies x

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Inaswingdress and Nora - both of you ladies are absolutely stunning. So sod what they say you should look like.

Thank you. And that’s lovely but it makes no difference. Unless you’re happy with yourself it doesn’t matter what anyone says. I’m not moaning or anything. I only stress about things I can do nothing about. That’s why I said before, do it for yourself. If people aren’t happy do

Something about it. I’m not saying it’s easy but it’s possible. "

I know, but a compliment surely can't do any harm.

Hugs.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Yes it is my choice. According to my doctors I need to lose 3 stone. Last time I was that weight I hadn’t eaten for 6 weeks and just skin and bone.

So no thanks I’ll stay as I am, feeling healthy and cuddly !

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Inaswingdress and Nora - both of you ladies are absolutely stunning. So sod what they say you should look like. "

Sod what anyone thinks because this is my life, my journey, and my psyche to deal with. And shame is (on a population level) well documented to be obesenogenic.

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Its really not so black and white .. you should know that by now!

By *ifeandhubby400Couple
over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

I spent most of my childhood being skinny then up until my early 50s i was slim ,then lifes issues made me put some weight on for the first time in my life i have boobs,hubby god love him has ALWAYS been great at giving me body confidence ,when i had no boobs he made me feel desirable ,now i have them its still the same ,but wasnt until i became happy with myself did i finally feel truly desirable ,mind you saying that Winter and Xmas are not good as we all gain a few pounds ,its as much in the mind as its what you see in the mirror ..

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Inaswingdress and Nora - both of you ladies are absolutely stunning. So sod what they say you should look like.

Sod what anyone thinks because this is my life, my journey, and my psyche to deal with. And shame is (on a population level) well documented to be obesenogenic. "

Ok

I'll get me coat.

over a year ago

Sod what anyone thinks because this is my life, my journey, and my psyche to deal with. And shame is (on a population level) well documented to be obesenogenic. "

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Weight is a just tiny part of our whole well being.

We are all so unique. I find that so many different things nourish me in different ways.

I started a thread around giving yourself what you know you and your body love ... because to me, its the very first step in being well!

X

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sod what anyone thinks because this is my life, my journey, and my psyche to deal with. And shame is (on a population level) well documented to be obesenogenic.

Ok

I'll get me coat. "

I appreciate the sentiment, really. But ultimately it's my life and my journey, you know?

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I'm happy within my own skin. 2020 I'm going to up my game though. This is about me pushing my own body to its limits.

I'm proud of what I've achieved as 5 years ago I was walking with a stick due to my knee problems. We can all make excuses it's what we then choose to do.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

"I'm happy within my own skin. 2020 I'm going to up my game though. This is about me pushing my own body to its limits.

I'm proud of what I've achieved as 5 years ago I was walking with a stick due to my knee problems. We can all make excuses it's what we then choose to do.

Well said!!!

And I can see the gains

"

over a year ago

I’ll be back in the gym tomorrow and hoping a new regime that includes considerably more secrecies will help me shed the extra pounds. I’m adjusting my diet a bit too

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Just cut as much sugar out as you can and you will see a massive defensive

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Read ‘The Great Cholesterol Con’ by Malcolm Kendrick, a Scottish GP with no sponsorship or paid support from anything, you will be gobsmacked.

over a year ago

"I’ll be back in the gym tomorrow and hoping a new regime that includes considerably more secrecies will help me shed the extra pounds. I’m adjusting my diet a bit too "

I hate auto-carrot that was meant to say sexercise

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

...and you can’t outrun a bad diet, exercise accounts for approx 20% of weight loss, the rest is diet and absolutely nothing to do with calories.

over a year ago

I'm just going to stop eating that will solve the excess lbs

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Oh yeah! We all wake up every morning deciding to get fat and stay fat, nothing to do with anything else at all

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Have more vegetables, cut out red meat and switch to vegan butter for now especially when cooking. Find your love for seafood, increase the hours you spend sleeping "

Vegan butter is a chemical concoction that will damage your body, butter doesn’t.

over a year ago

Aiming to get bigger, to the 13.5st mark and keep below 9% body fat by summer.

over a year ago

Forget a gym membership, put the equivalent spend aside for a holiday.

When you’ve achieved your health target, take the holiday you deserve.

Don’t satisfy the marketers! Satisfy yourself!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I get where you're coming from, i eat practically nothing to keep my weight just so i can maintain a generous alcohol diet! However, I'm kind of looking forward to the change, as long as my exertions can keep up with my calorie intake!!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Forget a gym membership, put the equivalent spend aside for a holiday.

Don’t satisfy the marketers! Satisfy yourself! "

Good idea, but 80 quid won't get me far!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

How insightful.

over a year ago

"Obesity is almost always because people take in more calories than they expend.

Food intake and excercise are choices. Therefore body weight is a choice too.

It's not a bad attitude or being unkind, it's just a biological fact."

really??

my self esteem is on the floor. I cannot look at myself in the mirror, i have no recent photos as i cant bear what i see. my weight is NOT my choice

I was always very slim.

Then I was put medication - I'm now 3 stone heavier

Hospital said it would have been a lot more if I wasn't so active

despite having a very active job, exercising and having a healthy diet I am unable to lose weight

over a year ago

my photos are size I am now

over a year ago

Don’t satisfy the marketers! Satisfy yourself! "

I am satisfying myself in the gym as do many others.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Need to put a bit of weight on this year and build up muscle. Will start running again in New Year.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I am satisfying myself in the gym as do many others."

As long as you're wiping it up afterwards.... you'll be fine!

over a year ago

You need to lose weight? But you look amazing already!

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I am satisfying myself in the gym as do many others.

As long as you're wiping it up afterwards.... you'll be fine! "

over a year ago

Small changes make a big difference. We sort of follow a keto diet, but not so strictly. We have Sundays as our cheat day and it works for us. Many health benefits for keto too.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

And don't forget to love yourself however you are, you're still sexy whatever the size.

over a year ago

Agree, but the gym helps too. I started the gym a couple of months ago and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Making some nice changes to my body (Az)

By *lossyLegsGlassesCouple
over a year ago

stafford

Read this thread with interest, different strokes for different folkes I'm a PT and I work mainly with ppl who don't want to go to the gym and those with special medical issues referred by GPs and we get some fab results and positive behaviour changes xx

By *iggyStarjumpsMan
over a year ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 27/12/19 23:48:06]

over a year ago

"I will be continuing with my slow bulk program, 3 times a week full-body workout with a slight surplus of 300kcal which equals to 3000 kcal

Clearly works for you, and you clearly enjoy it Ty and yes it does. I like it very much too, it is all about tracking the macros "

Got an app for that now, I will hit 3000 today. Already meal prepped for the week this morning.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"I will be continuing with my slow bulk program, 3 times a week full-body workout with a slight surplus of 300kcal which equals to 3000 kcal

Clearly works for you, and you clearly enjoy it Ty and yes it does. I like it very much too, it is all about tracking the macros

Got an app for that now, I will hit 3000 today. Already meal prepped for the week this morning. "

Which app?

over a year ago

"And don't forget to love yourself however you are, you're still sexy whatever the size. "

This is what I was trying to say. I can’t love how I look or feel sexy whatever my size. Some can and that’s great but I can’t. But I can do something about it.

over a year ago

My body is being rubbish at the moment and I don't think it likes me.

over a year ago

Clearly works for you, and you clearly enjoy it Ty and yes it does. I like it very much too, it is all about tracking the macros

Got an app for that now, I will hit 3000 today. Already meal prepped for the week this morning.

Which app?"

I use mynetdiary it is fun and interactive

over a year ago

Which app?I use mynetdiary it is fun and interactive "

It is good you have been meal prepped. I dont do that so much as I like to do the food for each day.

over a year ago

Which app?"

I use FatSecret. It breaks down your macros at the bottom of your daily food count.

over a year ago

Which app?I use mynetdiary it is fun and interactive It is good you have been meal prepped. I don't do that so much as I like to do the food for each day."

Just calculated I've hit over 3000 calories and haven't had dinner yet. This calorie counting thing is making me hungry as I only think about the numbers. Will hit shy off 4000 by dinner time. Love it

Post new Message to Thread