Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

New year new you!

Jump to newest

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man
over a year ago

salisbury

So im hoping to go up in weight next year. Hopefully from 75kg to as close to 85 as i can. So im planning on bulking and lifting heavy, with reduced cardio workouts. Can anyone recommend good foods that can be eaten easily and cheaply through the day to clean bulk, rather then dirty. Planning on an extra 500 - 1000 calories.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

As long as you are hitting your protien goals, fill the remaining calories with carbs.

You can eat less refined carbs if you think it'll help you stay full for longer.

I quite like putting a can of tuna on a margarita pizza before I cook it when I'm bulking, but everyone I've told that to thinks it's a minging idea ...

By *lap.n.tickleCouple
over a year ago

sunny Manchester :)

Bk does it for me. I'm a right fat basterd

over a year ago

salisbury

"Bk does it for me. I'm a right fat basterd "

That would be fine. I don't want the lean look to be honest! My ideal would be Till Lindemann. I loves 'im i do!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Definitely going to try and do the opposite this year and spend more time running. Let myself go this year.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I think I'll try to be more thoughtful towards others.

Be a friend to those that want one.

over a year ago

salisbury

"Definitely going to try and do the opposite this year and spend more time running. Let myself go this year."

Fair play, I really don't enjoy running! So you have my respect!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m 76 kilos and quite happy with that.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

I think himself was eating nearly 6 or 7 times a day when he was bulking. Mainly meats, tuna, rice (lots of rice) and cottage cheese and protein yoghurts. I think he was on nearly 3,500/4,000 calories

over a year ago

I'm trying to loose weight and reduce calories. If there was a way to donate it could solve both or problemms!

over a year ago

"So im hoping to go up in weight next year. Hopefully from 75kg to as close to 85 as i can. So im planning on bulking and lifting heavy, with reduced cardio workouts. Can anyone recommend good foods that can be eaten easily and cheaply through the day to clean bulk, rather then dirty. Planning on an extra 500 - 1000 calories. "

Oats are cheap and easy, put them in a blender with some peanut butter, a banana, milk, you've got an easy few hundred calories.

Don't neglect fats either, avocado is an easy 200 calories. 10ml of extra virgin olive oil on a meal is 90 calories.

It's not hard to find extra calories.

I'd lower your surplus, an extra 500-1000 calories a day is too much, you'll just get fat.

Start off tracking calories and aim for 200-300 a day extra. Weigh yourself daily at the same time each day and workout the average every Sunday to track weight gain.

over a year ago

salisbury

"So im hoping to go up in weight next year. Hopefully from 75kg to as close to 85 as i can. So im planning on bulking and lifting heavy, with reduced cardio workouts. Can anyone recommend good foods that can be eaten easily and cheaply through the day to clean bulk, rather then dirty. Planning on an extra 500 - 1000 calories.

Oats are cheap and easy, put them in a blender with some peanut butter, a banana, milk, you've got an easy few hundred calories.

Don't neglect fats either, avocado is an easy 200 calories. 10ml of extra virgin olive oil on a meal is 90 calories.

It's not hard to find extra calories.

I'd lower your surplus, an extra 500-1000 calories a day is too much, you'll just get fat.

Start off tracking calories and aim for 200-300 a day extra. Weigh yourself daily at the same time each day and workout the average every Sunday to track weight gain.

"

Sound advice.

over a year ago

salisbury

2 kg up..... might just be a big poo...

over a year ago

I'll happily give you a stone, OP