Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A good Christmas

Jump to newest

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

There have been lots of threads about people struggling with this time of year and having bad Christmases but I'm sure that lots of people have had fun and love filled times too.

This thread is for you happy folks!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

The best. Just the two of us xx

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"The best. Just the two of us xx"

That sounds lovely

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We had a really good Christmas thanks

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Same shit, different year here

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

For all of my anxiety about Christmas and dislike of the situation, I had a good day yesterday. I indulged myself a little, my kids enjoyed their day, I had a very touching message from my daughter and received several calls from someone I adore.

Today I've got my children with me and it's a good day.

Happy Tea Monkey

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We're still enjoying it. We spent the day quietly yesterday, just us two, no pressure, no high expectations just appreciating what we have. Today we are expecting visitors.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"For all of my anxiety about Christmas and dislike of the situation, I had a good day yesterday. I indulged myself a little, my kids enjoyed their day, I had a very touching message from my daughter and received several calls from someone I adore.

Happy Tea Monkey"

That's wonderful to read.

I got rid of the expectations this year and we did it our way. I cooked all the food I really love for family, we opened presents when we wanted and watched what we wanted (cough Supernatural and UC cough). I did half expect my dad to call telling me about the latest Waitrose novelty pudding he'd bought so that was a bit crap but I'm thankful and happy for how it went.

over a year ago

"For all of my anxiety about Christmas and dislike of the situation, I had a good day yesterday. I indulged myself a little, my kids enjoyed their day, I had a very touching message from my daughter and received several calls from someone I adore.

Happy Tea Monkey"

Sounds simply a gorgeous time!

over a year ago

Happy Tea Monkey

That's wonderful to read.

I got rid of the expectations this year and we did it our way. I cooked all the food I really love for family, we opened presents when we wanted and watched what we wanted (cough Supernatural and UC cough). I did half expect my dad to call telling me about the latest Waitrose novelty pudding he'd bought so that was a bit crap but I'm thankful and happy for how it went."

Meli, sounds just perfect! Lessen expectations and it lessens the disappointment I've found

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I had a great day, relaxed and with the family. Good food, laughter and love.

I feel greateful and truly blessed.

Tonight will be spent at a family disco, at the local club, so more good times ahead x

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yes it was lovely.

I think my highlight was my mum accidentally setting fire to a tea towel and then watching her try not to panic as she put out the flames in a nonchalant manner we have a history of kitchen fires in our family and it’s been awhile since the last one.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've had a lovely couple of days with people who really get me. I'm the right kind of exhausted.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Happy Tea Monkey"

Ah that's great, really pleased for you x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

... I so get the unhappiness, I empathise, and I'll be a champion for those who suffer all day long, but my life is OK right now. Christmas, can just put things away for awhile and it is actually fine.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Glad to hear it OP had a fabulous day of family and food so can’t complain at all. X

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Glad to hear it OP had a fabulous day of family and food so can’t complain at all. X"

Yay!!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I've had a lovely couple of days with people who really get me. I'm the right kind of exhausted. "

It's a Christmas miracle!

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Rich, blessed, full of love. There's always some tenderness and

heartache .. I miss my brother and wish so much that he was here to see my children growing up. The feeling for dear ones who are having hard times.

But feeling it all is part of the richness for me .. counting my blessings and watching my children smile and eat well x

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Happy Tea Monkey"

xxxxxxxxxx gorgeous

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Well, considering I worked Xmas eve til 9pm and all day Xmas day til 8,I actually had a good one. Round to friends after work finished, they'd done me a lovely dinner and the drinks were flowing.

And that's me done with work til the 2nd, result

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

"The best. Just the two of us xx

That sounds lovely "

It’s been perfect

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We had a fantastic Christmas with our children and all our families. Feel very lucky and incredibly loved.

Christmas is about spending time with those who matter, not materialistic things.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Happy Tea Monkey"

Good to hear

Post new Message to Thread