By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

No

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What is this TV licence that you speak of?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"What is this TV licence that you speak of? "

I don’t need one then lol

By *ouisebottomTV/TS
over a year ago

London

Do I need one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/19 15:15:44]

over a year ago

You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency

over a year ago

"You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency "
ohhh I thought u could watch anything exept live tv and bbc iplayer

over a year ago

"You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency ohhh I thought u could watch anything exept live tv and bbc iplayer"

No it includes HUB and recording live tv. I just had amazon video for a year, it did take like 9 months for the threatening “you don’t have a license we may visit you” letters to stop but that’s quite common.

over a year ago

"You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency ohhh I thought u could watch anything exept live tv and bbc iplayer

No it includes HUB and recording live tv. I just had amazon video for a year, it did take like 9 months for the threatening “you don’t have a license we may visit you” letters to stop but that’s quite common. "

So you need a license for ITV hub. ?

over a year ago

"You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency ohhh I thought u could watch anything exept live tv and bbc iplayer

No it includes HUB and recording live tv. I just had amazon video for a year, it did take like 9 months for the threatening “you don’t have a license we may visit you” letters to stop but that’s quite common.

So you need a license for ITV hub. ?"

Yeah cos it’s programs that aired live on ITV

over a year ago

Yeah cos it’s programs that aired live on ITV"

But your not watching them live and they have adverts

over a year ago

Supposed to have one even if you just have a mobile phone

over a year ago

But your not watching them live and they have adverts "

It’s just the tv license rules, not mine lol. I think they class them as live tv recordings.

over a year ago

Haven't payed for one in 10+ years.

over a year ago

But your not watching them live and they have adverts

It’s just the tv license rules, not mine lol. I think they class them as live tv recordings."

Kind of grey area as it says bbc I player is only platform that you legally need a license for

over a year ago

If the device you are using is capable of receiving a television signal , by law it states that you need a licence.

The biased broadcasting company is getting feck all from me.

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

Get the letters every two years, I phone them and sort it out. No giving names as letter is only addressed to current occupier and that’s all the info I give them.

They’re usually decent on the phone anyways, had one visit and I told them to leave my property.

FYI the whole rule of implied access is not applicable in Scotland. However looking through your window is classed as unlawful surveillance.

over a year ago

I don't have a licence, any tv and never watch bbc or itv so sorted haven't for 14 years his time around!

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Nope all the information you want can be found by Googling for

TVlicenceresistance Forums

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Nope all the information you want can be found by Googling for

TVlicenceresistance Forums"

sounds fascinating....

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency "

You don’t need a licence for itv hub. Only iplayer.

over a year ago

"You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency

You don’t need a licence for itv hub. Only iplayer. "

I thought that also

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"If the device you are using is capable of receiving a television signal , by law it states that you need a licence.

The biased broadcasting company is getting feck all from me. "

No it doesn’t. You only need a licence if you watch live tv or iplayer. Everyone with an internet connection has access to live tv but we don’t all need a license as we don’t use the facility.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Nope all the information you want can be found by Googling for

TVlicenceresistance Forums sounds fascinating...."

By *heShyBiCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I (male) haven't had one since I've lived by myself. Even had the salesmen, who like to give themselves an official title even though they are literally just salesmen, knock at the door twice. Once I wasnt in so they left a calling card, the other time I just said no thanks, shut the door on them and that was that. Still receive the letters now threatening to take me to court, yet my name on their system is still 'The Legal Occupier.'

Don't watch tv anyway, or at least what would require me to have a licence, but I'm not giving them any of my personal information whatsoever.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Search for TV licensing site and read their rules.

It's great value imo

over a year ago

"You only need one if you watch or record live tv or bbc I player or itv hub so no you’re ok. I’ve had this convo with the license agency

I thought that also "

Sorry my mistake, you can watch Hub recordings but not itv hub live. There must be live streaming on itv hub. Tbh I don’t see how they could differentiate between the two to catch anyone out. Look out for the 90’s tv adverts with the “licensing detection vans” apparently that’s all an old wives tale so don’t worry

over a year ago

I thought that also

Sorry my mistake, you can watch Hub recordings but not itv hub live. There must be live streaming on itv hub. Tbh I don’t see how they could differentiate between the two to catch anyone out. Look out for the 90’s tv adverts with the “licensing detection vans” apparently that’s all an old wives tale so don’t worry "

My second question is how do they catch you? Lol? Does your tv have like an IP address or summat?

over a year ago

I thought that also

Sorry my mistake, you can watch Hub recordings but not itv hub live. There must be live streaming on itv hub. Tbh I don’t see how they could differentiate between the two to catch anyone out. Look out for the 90’s tv adverts with the “licensing detection vans” apparently that’s all an old wives tale so don’t worry "

I thought the whole point of itv not needing licence was because they use advertising. I’m sure they still have adverts when live so I’m confused why you can’t watch itv live when they are still using advertising breaks.

over a year ago

I thought that also

Sorry my mistake, you can watch Hub recordings but not itv hub live. There must be live streaming on itv hub. Tbh I don’t see how they could differentiate between the two to catch anyone out. Look out for the 90’s tv adverts with the “licensing detection vans” apparently that’s all an old wives tale so don’t worry

My second question is how do they catch you? Lol? Does your tv have like an IP address or summat? "

They can’t prove you’ve watched it on your tv only if you watch via your internet connection through your history I think. My kid’s tvs doesn’t stream live tv for some reason and they don’t watch bbc whatsoever only Netflix or amazon or YouTube. I hardly watch it so I’m thinking of scrapping it and not watching either

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

If you’re a student living away from home, you can watch iPlayer (or any other service) without a licence at your term time address, as long it’s on a device that’s not connected to an aerial and powered by its own internal batteries, by using your parents’ tv license at your home address.

I don’t live with my parents since I’m a mature aged student, but I do have one at my main address. It’s a loophole and the explanation on the website is a little ambiguous - probably to scare people into paying for one that they don’t need.

J

over a year ago

For all those who think it's a joke, I've had two friends prosecuted and it cost them a fortune ... just saying

over a year ago

"If you’re a student living away from home, you can watch iPlayer (or any other service) without a licence at your term time address, as long it’s on a device that’s not connected to an aerial and powered by its own internal batteries, by using your parents’ tv license at your home address.

I don’t live with my parents since I’m a mature aged student, but I do have one at my main address. It’s a loophole and the explanation on the website is a little ambiguous - probably to scare people into paying for one that they don’t need.

J"

So if I disconnected my Ariel and gt iptv I’d be ok?

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"For all those who think it's a joke, I've had two friends prosecuted and it cost them a fortune ... just saying "
missed a couple of monthly payments when lost my job prosecuted for no licence £1k fine deducted from wages . said they had emailed & written but we never received them

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"If you’re a student living away from home, you can watch iPlayer (or any other service) without a licence at your term time address, as long it’s on a device that’s not connected to an aerial and powered by its own internal batteries, by using your parents’ tv license at your home address.

J

So if I disconnected my Ariel and gt iptv I’d be ok?"

It only applies if you’re a student living away from home during term time and already paying for one at your home address. The device must not be connected to an outside aerial nor not connected to mains.

I forgot to add that you cannot watch live tv, too.

J

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"

They can’t prove you’ve watched it on your tv only if you watch via your internet connection through your history I think. My kid’s tvs doesn’t stream live tv for some reason and they don’t watch bbc whatsoever only Netflix or amazon or YouTube. I hardly watch it so I’m thinking of scrapping it and not watching either "

You should - we only watch a couple of bbc programs and they're available on YouTube anyway. We haven't needed a license for years!

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"For all those who think it's a joke, I've had two friends prosecuted and it cost them a fortune ... just saying "

The only way you'll get prosecuted is if you give them the information to do so.

You don't have to talk to anyone who comes to your door claiming to be from 'TV Licensing' they have no powers at all they are just Goons employed by Crapita and paid on commission. People invite them into their house and start telling them information.

Would you start discussing your life on FABs with a stranger who turned up at the door claiming to be from the sex police? Why speak to a TV Licence agent? I repeat THEY HAVE NO POWERS (other than where they have obtained a warrant which is very, very, very rare and again they still have to obtain EVIDENCE of you watching TV. Again almost impossible unless you incriminate yourself)

Read the the TVLicence Resistance Forums that I mentioned before about how to deal with them.

over a year ago

"For all those who think it's a joke, I've had two friends prosecuted and it cost them a fortune ... just saying

The only way you'll get prosecuted is if you give them the information to do so.

You don't have to talk to anyone who comes to your door claiming to be from 'TV Licensing' they have no powers at all they are just Goons employed by Crapita and paid on commission. People invite them into their house and start telling them information.

Would you start discussing your life on FABs with a stranger who turned up at the door claiming to be from the sex police? Why speak to a TV Licence agent? I repeat THEY HAVE NO POWERS (other than where they have obtained a warrant which is very, very, very rare and again they still have to obtain EVIDENCE of you watching TV. Again almost impossible unless you incriminate yourself)

Read the the TVLicence Resistance Forums that I mentioned before about how to deal with them."

Well said they cannot force entry you don’t have to tell them any info and if you contact them and remove their implied right of access they cannot come to your property as it would then be classed as harassment

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Get the letters every two years, I phone them and sort it out. No giving names as letter is only addressed to current occupier and that’s all the info I give them.

They’re usually decent on the phone anyways, had one visit and I told them to leave my property.

FYI the whole rule of implied access is not applicable in Scotland. However looking through your window is classed as unlawful surveillance. "

Wholly unconnected but I love the pics of your missus-the post gym sweaty mess ones!!!

over a year ago

"For all those who think it's a joke, I've had two friends prosecuted and it cost them a fortune ... just saying

Read the the TVLicence Resistance Forums that I mentioned before about how to deal with them."

Actually nowadays its incredibly simple for them to prove with most modern TVs being online! It's all in the history, they don't even need access to your house! Just a court order to look at your browsing history which you can't actually eradicate ...

By *heShyBiCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Read the the TVLicence Resistance Forums that I mentioned before about how to deal with them.

Well said they cannot force entry you don’t have to tell them any info and if you contact them and remove their implied right of access they cannot come to your property as it would then be classed as harassment"

Do NOT do this. Do not contact then at all, that is the only true way of them not being able to do anything. By saying you remove their implied right of access you at least have to give them an address so that they can at least send people out to 'investigate'

The only thing to do is to not contact them at all, throw the generic letters in the bin and shut the door on anybody that comes to your door. It's worked for me and thousands more.

over a year ago

Why not just bye a licence? Always wondered...

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Why not just bye a licence? Always wondered... "

My opinion it’s a waste of money and a con, to be able to watch live programs from other channels ie channel 4, the bbc still get money !

The bbc should encode their channels same as sky if they want people to pay for them, but they won’t as most still don’t understand that they don’t need to pay for it.

over a year ago

"I only watch Netflix am I obliged to buy a license"

No only if you watch BBC

By *punkymonkey40Man
over a year ago

derby

With a bit of luck Boris might change the laws so that tv license won't be a criminal offence if not payed it.

Sooner or later it will happen or the TV licence will be scrapped completely and bbc will either be a subscription fee like Netflix or find another way of finding money

Getting rid of Gary Lineker and a few other high paid people and they should be fine

over a year ago

Not one of you went to the TV Licence website - I quote

"The law says you need to be covered by a TV Licence to:

watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel

watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)

download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer.

This applies to any device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder."

over a year ago

"Not one of you went to the TV Licence website - I quote

watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)

This applies to any device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.""

Well that’s wrong you only need it for bbc

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The licence fee doesn't only pay for television services on the BBC, it also includes payments to other broadcasters which have advertising and subscriptions. Even for those channels that don't get money from the licence fee, it's still needed to watch live TV.

When the government introduced age restriction service options on the Internet, they also forced all Internet providers to keep records of your Internet use. Unless using a VPN, your complete Internet usage details will show what you have been using your service for.

I'd support a reduced license fee for lower income groups but it's unlikely with a Conservative government.

over a year ago

I need a licence to be a Tv ?

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"Not one of you went to the TV Licence website - I quote

This applies to any device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.""

Read it again. It states you need a licence to watch LIVE programmes on prime etc. These platforms now offer some live channels, which need a licence. Catch up tv is not live and doesn’t not require a licence.

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/media-centre/news/view.app?id=1369783598662

over a year ago

Well said they cannot force entry you don’t have to tell them any info and if you contact them and remove their implied right of access they cannot come to your property as it would then be classed as harassment

Do NOT do this. Do not contact then at all, that is the only true way of them not being able to do anything. By saying you remove their implied right of access you at least have to give them an address so that they can at least send people out to 'investigate'

The only thing to do is to not contact them at all, throw the generic letters in the bin and shut the door on anybody that comes to your door. It's worked for me and thousands more."

Your wrong I’m a solicitor and we advise anyone to do this as we have taken the licensing people to court for harassment for still sending letters to the property you do not have to give any formal details at all when making contact you just say you are removing their implied right of access to the property which they already have the address as they are sending letters there, so many arm chair legal eagles on here who know nothing about the law does make me chuckle

over a year ago

I'm wondering if there's a slight loophole in the part where they say you have to have a licence to watch live TV. As technically it's not live there is a few milliseconds delay from every single broadcast going from its original destination to your tv. Lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I'm wondering if there's a slight loophole in the part where they say you have to have a licence to watch live TV. As technically it's not live there is a few milliseconds delay from every single broadcast going from its original destination to your tv. Lol "

I'm guessing not, as they will have tightly worded definitions of whatever is covered by the licence terms. Plus, with so many people who seem to now evade it, as well as thousands in court and prosecuted, solicitors would likely have found all of the get-out options by now.

The tactics of the awful company that harasses law abiding people are obscene though imo - I've seen coverage on TV shows. It's a pity that the income of this private company isn't used instead to invest in programmes.

over a year ago

"Supposed to have one even if you just have a mobile phone "

Correct

over a year ago

"Supposed to have one even if you just have a mobile phone

Correct"

Incorrect

over a year ago

"I'm wondering if there's a slight loophole in the part where they say you have to have a licence to watch live TV. As technically it's not live there is a few milliseconds delay from every single broadcast going from its original destination to your tv. Lol

I'm guessing not, as they will have tightly worded definitions of whatever is covered by the licence terms. Plus, with so many people who seem to now evade it, as well as thousands in court and prosecuted, solicitors would likely have found all of the get-out options by now.

The tactics of the awful company that harasses law abiding people are obscene though imo - I've seen coverage on TV shows. It's a pity that the income of this private company isn't used instead to invest in programmes. "

Blame the Queen she made the charter to pay for the luxury of having a TV its another stealth tax

By *oltandJodyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 25/12/19 20:48:03]

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Tv , BBC , BBC player , do we really need a licence ?!

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"Supposed to have one even if you just have a mobile phone

Correct"

Nope.

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

The only thing to do is to not contact them at all, throw the generic letters in the bin and shut the door on anybody that comes to your door. It's worked for me and thousands more.

Your wrong I’m a solicitor and we advise anyone to do this as we have taken the licensing people to court for harassment for still sending letters to the property you do not have to give any formal details at all when making contact you just say you are removing their implied right of access to the property which they already have the address as they are sending letters there, so many arm chair legal eagles on here who know nothing about the law does make me chuckle "

This^^ The only way they could have access to your property or data is a court order. When they send letter out, they’re fishing for your information. In my student accommodation, the red letters they send are either for other people or ‘current occupant’. The company that owns my building isn’t allowed to declare whose living in their flats. To have access, they need to have access to the complex, then the building, the flat and then my room. To have all of this access, they need a keycard in the first instance, which reception wouldn’t give, due to data protection.

The red letters are just scare mongering. I ignore them and in three months, nothing has happened. As I said above: students can use their ‘parents’’, as long their device isn’t connected to an outside aerial, mains and not watching tv live.

J

over a year ago

Your wrong I’m a solicitor and we advise anyone to do this as we have taken the licensing people to court for harassment for still sending letters to the property you do not have to give any formal details at all when making contact you just say you are removing their implied right of access to the property which they already have the address as they are sending letters there, so many arm chair legal eagles on here who know nothing about the law does make me chuckle

This^^ The only way they could have access to your property or data is a court order. When they send letter out, they’re fishing for your information. In my student accommodation, the red letters they send are either for other people or ‘current occupant’. The company that owns my building isn’t allowed to declare whose living in their flats. To have access, they need to have access to the complex, then the building, the flat and then my room. To have all of this access, they need a keycard in the first instance, which reception wouldn’t give, due to data protection.

The red letters are just scare mongering. I ignore them and in three months, nothing has happened. As I said above: students can use their ‘parents’’, as long their device isn’t connected to an outside aerial, mains and not watching tv live.

J"

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Why not just bye a licence? Always wondered... "

Because we refuse to pay the obscene salaries of some very mediocre presenters and because we really don't watch ANY live tv.

over a year ago

J"

Exactly. Ive had afew letters returned them to sender never heard anything since, i have a very private secure gated property the mailbox is within the wall next to the gates. I think they would just pull up and think fu#k trying to gain access in there and go.

Post new Message to Thread