Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas morning rituals

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What are your guys usual movements on Christmas morning? I have older children now 15 and 14 both know most of their presents but ive a few surprises which I can’t wait for them to see when they unwrap them.

I usually am up before them and make myself a brew and sit with a bit of quiet. I usually don’t drink until after dinner but this year I’ve bought myself a bottle of bubbly and i may have a glass whilst getting ready as this will be the first year in many ive spent with family.

What about you lot? Do you have set rituals you enjoy?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

I always have myself a wee bucks fizz while the kids do the crazy present unwrapping thing! Then they will play with all their new stuff while I get busy in the kitchen. Christmas Dinner usually about 3pm, followed by a film and food coma for the rest of the evening.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Chocolate pop tarts for breakfast. It’s become a tradition in our house the past few years and I’m not sure how it started lol.

My kids are 20, 17 and 15. They also know most of what they’re getting.

over a year ago

"I always have myself a wee bucks fizz while the kids do the crazy present unwrapping thing! Then they will play with all their new stuff while I get busy in the kitchen. Christmas Dinner usually about 3pm, followed by a film and food coma for the rest of the evening. "

Ahhh that’s lovely, i miss having young ones.

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Other than seeing my parents and helping with the christmas meal, preparing veg, I usually try and just get through the day.

over a year ago

"Chocolate pop tarts for breakfast. It’s become a tradition in our house the past few years and I’m not sure how it started lol.

My kids are 20, 17 and 15. They also know most of what they’re getting."

We always have sausage butties .

over a year ago

"Other than seeing my parents and helping with the christmas meal, preparing veg, I usually try and just get through the day. "

Same here chick, hope your good x

over a year ago

"Chocolate pop tarts for breakfast. It’s become a tradition in our house the past few years and I’m not sure how it started lol.

My kids are 20, 17 and 15. They also know most of what they’re getting."

My son was with me when I bought most of his bits so i feel like a let down as he knows everything he’s getting, aside from one surprise i know he doesn’t know about

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"Other than seeing my parents and helping with the christmas meal, preparing veg, I usually try and just get through the day.

Same here chick, hope your good x"

I'm good thank you. Had an enjoyable day with family. Hope you had a good time too xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well I never got my Christmas morning pop tarts for 2 reasons.

1 being that I’ve been a little poorly and didn’t actually wake up til 11ish and the second because I forgot we threw the toaster away a few weeks ago after a leak from the bathroom into the kitchen lol

Post new Message to Thread