Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

respect

Jump to newest

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

am i to old school or is it just the sign of the times, an aweful lot of people seem to show very little respect towards others, its not confind to this site, its out there in life in general, so is it me for being bought up to respect others thats at fault, or has every one lost the ability to respect others

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"am i to old school or is it just the sign of the times, an aweful lot of people seem to show very little respect towards others, its not confind to this site, its out there in life in general, so is it me for being bought up to respect others thats at fault, or has every one lost the ability to respect others "

You are perfectly right. Manners and grace are fading arts in our fine country. Don't get me started on what labour has done to us lol

over a year ago

It is a sad state of affairs that people now have litt;e or no respect for others, themeselves or their property/environment. Not sure if that is a reflection on us as individuals or on society as a whole.

over a year ago

sadly we are now in a situation where accountablity is sadly lacking... it is usually someone else to blame... school, government,social workers,him over there or her back there...

many people have no positive rolemodels and some kids now being raised by people who really have no idea on parenting as they weren't parented.They open the door and let the kids run wild whilst they watch Sky... lol or in some case search fab for meets. lol

many of the most rude people are also the older generation, which is sad if they have lost faith.. but it must be hard for them to feel valued. Families too busy to stay in regular contact with elderly aunts, uncles etc etc.

add to that the ever growing compensation culture... where people will look for the money as soon as mistakes are made.. ( some very genuine )

but thank goodness ....... millions and millions of lovely young, middle aged and elderly people.....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I don't see how you can blame the goverment or anyone else for having no respect for anyone.

People should take responsibility for their own actions....and maybe that is half of the problem.

Personally I am going with Views theory. It comes from how you are brought up.

A lot of parents don't give a toss where their "little darlings" are or what they are doing and then if someone knocked on their door to tell them they are being a pest they are told to go do one by the parents.

How will the child learn about right and wrong/respect for others if the parents will back anything the "little Darlings" do?

They need to have bounderies and parents are responsible for that.

The kids grow into obnoxious adults who have no respect for others, so a vicious circle.

over a year ago

"I don't see how you can blame the goverment or anyone else for having no respect for anyone.

People should take responsibility for their own actions....and maybe that is half of the problem.

A lot of parents don't give a toss where their "little darlings" are or what they are doing and then if someone knocked on their door to tell them they are being a pest they are told to go do one by the parents.

How will the child learn about right and wrong/respect for others if the parents will back anything the "little Darlings" do?

The kids grow into obnoxious adults who have no respect for others, so a vicious circle.

"

I agree totally

over a year ago

"I don't see how you can blame the goverment or anyone else for having no respect for anyone.

"

I agree, I treat those around me how I'd like to be treated, albeit not everyone has this view, and its definately a parenting issue.

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"

yes but the dogooders out there have made it difficult for parents to punish children for their wrong's, ok i've seen the occational over reaction to a child doing something and getting a beating for it, but a clip around the legs or bottom wont damage a childs health, but it will teach it that if you do something wrong it brings with it some pain,and yes the older generation can shoulder some of the blame too, because they feel that its their god given right to have a seat on a bus/train or for someone to hold a door open for them, ok yes with their age and infirmity i agree some need it, but when its given up why oh why can't they say thank you, and then they wonder why the spotty little oike that gave up the seat is abusive, to gain respect you have to show it

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

You can set bounderies for your children without violence.

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"You can set bounderies for your children without violence.

true i never once hit mine, and they knew from the look if they were right or wrong to do what they did, and if someone came to my door with " your johnie just trampled all my flower bed" i took the little sod to the said garden and had him dig up the damage with held his pocket money and took him to the garden center for replacement plants, and appologise in person to the offended person,

"

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"am i to old school or is it just the sign of the times, an aweful lot of people seem to show very little respect towards others, its not confind to this site, its out there in life in general, so is it me for being bought up to respect others thats at fault, or has every one lost the ability to respect others "

We're much the same age and were both brought up to respect others. The problem as I see it stems from the fact that, in those days, most people deserved respect (or at least a bit of tolerance until you could work out whether they deserved respect or not).

That's changed and, if you were placing bets, you'd do well to assume that most folks don't deserve respect and you'd be better off keeping out of their way.

We retain the ability to respect others - we're just a bit more selective about who we choose of show respect to.

over a year ago

yes but the dogooders out there have made it difficult for parents to punish children for their wrong's, ok i've seen the occational over reaction to a child doing something and getting a beating for it, but a clip around the legs or bottom wont damage a childs health, but it will teach it that if you do something wrong it brings with it some pain,and yes the older generation can shoulder some of the blame too, because they feel that its their god given right to have a seat on a bus/train or for someone to hold a door open for them, ok yes with their age and infirmity i agree some need it, but when its given up why oh why can't they say thank you, and then they wonder why the spotty little oike that gave up the seat is abusive, to gain respect you have to show it "

i totally disagree with u!!!! y do u think it is ok to clip a child round the legs as u put it???? if anyone clipped my kids round the legs, bottom whatever i would kill them...there is absolutely NO need to hit them at all. Kids learn from their parents and boundaries can be set without any violence whatsoever such as removal of tv/laptops/fav toy for a set amount of time. With regards to the giving up seats on a bus etc to the elderly this shouldnt even be debatable, of course we should it is respectful and the correct thing to do. Okay so some of them dont say thanks or even look remotely happy when you do give up your seat but so what if you know u have dont the right thing that should be good enough. xx

By *ouvak OP   Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

yes but the dogooders out there have made it difficult for parents to punish children for their wrong's, ok i've seen the occational over reaction to a child doing something and getting a beating for it, but a clip around the legs or bottom wont damage a childs health, but it will teach it that if you do something wrong it brings with it some pain,and yes the older generation can shoulder some of the blame too, because they feel that its their god given right to have a seat on a bus/train or for someone to hold a door open for them, ok yes with their age and infirmity i agree some need it, but when its given up why oh why can't they say thank you, and then they wonder why the spotty little oike that gave up the seat is abusive, to gain respect you have to show it

i totally disagree with u!!!! y do u think it is ok to clip a child round the legs as u put it???? if anyone clipped my kids round the legs, bottom whatever i would kill them...there is absolutely NO need to hit them at all. Kids learn from their parents and boundaries can be set without any violence whatsoever such as removal of tv/laptops/fav toy for a set amount of time. With regards to the giving up seats on a bus etc to the elderly this shouldnt even be debatable, of course we should it is respectful and the correct thing to do. Okay so some of them dont say thanks or even look remotely happy when you do give up your seat but so what if you know u have dont the right thing that should be good enough. xx"

a polite thank you would be enough, and it sets the very example you say you vindicate, the young learn by example, and when they see the older generation showing such disrespect then they to think if its ok for them then its ok for us too, i know two wrongs never make a right, and the view on corperal punishment is a hotbed of rights or wrongs, but i'm sorry to say that i'm a firm believer in that the punisment should meet the crime, you do wrong you pay the price what ever it might be,

over a year ago

i totally disagree with u!!!! y do u think it is ok to clip a child round the legs as u put it???? if anyone clipped my kids round the legs, bottom whatever i would kill them...there is absolutely NO need to hit them at all. Kids learn from their parents and boundaries can be set without any violence whatsoever such as removal of tv/laptops/fav toy for a set amount of time. With regards to the giving up seats on a bus etc to the elderly this shouldnt even be debatable, of course we should it is respectful and the correct thing to do. Okay so some of them dont say thanks or even look remotely happy when you do give up your seat but so what if you know u have dont the right thing that should be good enough. xx"

I've never had to hit my child and I'm quite proud of that, I've found a firm voice and a trip to the naughty step was all the discipline I've needed, he's now the most polite 9 year old you could ever meet.

over a year ago

Treat others as you would like to be treated......thus if you shit on people watch out for that Albatross flying overhead........

over a year ago

"Treat others as you would like to be treated......thus if you shit on people watch out for that Albatross flying overhead........"

couldnt agree more

over a year ago

With the attitude of kids round here and surrounding areas , i could quite easily do more than clip um .

And i do blame bad parenting .

We. the joe publc then have to put up with NO respect, No morals and absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Why should i suffer because some half wit cant raise their own kids ?

Kids having Kids and treating the world like they have a god given right to all that surrounds them.

This country has totally lost its way

over a year ago

"With the attitude of kids round here and surrounding areas , i could quite easily do more than clip um .

And i do blame bad parenting .

We. the joe publc then have to put up with NO respect, No morals and absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Why should i suffer because some half wit cant raise their own kids ?

Kids having Kids and treating the world like they have a god given right to all that surrounds them.

This country has totally lost its way "

here here!!!!!

over a year ago

"Treat others as you would like to be treated......thus if you shit on people watch out for that Albatross flying overhead........"

quote of the day

over a year ago

I've noticed that lately...

over a year ago

I try hard to treat all people with respect....and if someone goes out their way to be rude, I just ignore it....it's their loss....it's up to us to show the way....

over a year ago

"I try hard to treat all people with respect....and if someone goes out their way to be rude, I just ignore it....it's their loss....it's up to us to show the way...."

blame still lay with the parents

Post new Message to Thread