Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Uppity Celebs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My mum used to work in a theatre. She loathed Max Bygraves and Shirley Bassey for being up themselves.

Who have you met that disappointed you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iking.beardMan
over a year ago

leeds

Ive heard more then once the katherine jenkins isent the nicest

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

heard Shakin Stevens wasn't very nice

By *ustyLeRouxWoman
over a year ago

Brecon

Tony Robinson is an arse lol so was Bruce Forsyth ... quite a few I live near the Soho Farmhouse plenty of "celebrities "

over a year ago

"heard Shakin Stevens wasn't very nice"

Shaky? Blimey.

over a year ago

Ringo Starr, absolute twat

over a year ago

Some people seem to think they “own” celebrities and they’re fair game whether they’re out with their family or wherever.

And when the celebrity doesn’t want to have a photo taken, they’re called up themselves or a twat.

over a year ago

"Some people seem to think they “own” celebrities and they’re fair game whether they’re out with their family or wherever.

And when the celebrity doesn’t want to have a photo taken, they’re called up themselves or a twat."

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Paddy Mcguinness was a completely rude, unhelpful and unprofessional arse when i had the misfortune to have to work with him- an opinion shared with everyone else on the day

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Some people seem to think they “own” celebrities and they’re fair game whether they’re out with their family or wherever.

And when the celebrity doesn’t want to have a photo taken, they’re called up themselves or a twat."

I agree, but some are awful with non-celeb professional colleagues. Just like the rest of us.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Ive heard more then once the katherine jenkins isent the nicest "

I've sung with her, she was lovely

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

Ronnie Corbett followed Noel Coward's advise and always dressed for his audience.

This thread is about celebs behind the scenes , not being asked to pose for pictures out shopping.

over a year ago

Maybe they just get tired of putting a persona on for every Tom Dick and Harry? Then the one time they show a human side, they get labelled?

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I haven't met any grumpy celebs so I'd like to say that Barry Cryer was really friendly and Huey Lewis is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet and always has time for the fans. The whole band is like that.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Southern Wales

Phil Campbell from Motorhead is apparently lovely - down to earth considering. My ex boyfriend knew him through a mutual friend and went to his house a few times, always said how nice he was.

By *modDMan
over a year ago

Lichfield

"Tony Robinson is an arse lol so was Bruce Forsyth ... quite a few I live near the Soho Farmhouse plenty of "celebrities ""

I saw Frank Skinner the other week, he did not speak nicely about Bruce at all

By *AABMan
over a year ago

Not far

I spent 10 minutes chatting to Bobby Ball once and he was a top bloke. Peter Capaldi was more than happy to pose for a couple pictures with my two lads.

By *modDMan
over a year ago

Lichfield

I thought it was decided that uppity was a racist term?

over a year ago

Not applicable to my comment, I didn’t stop him whilst out with his family or whilst he was eating in a restaurant etc. I was in his home and was extremely polite and went out of my way to assist him with something. I stand by my original opinion of him, the guys a rude twat

over a year ago

"I haven't met any grumpy celebs so I'd like to say that Barry Cryer was really friendly and Huey Lewis is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet and always has time for the fans. The whole band is like that. "

I stepped into a lift on the London Underground. In front stood a guy in a huge fur coat and mop of curly hair. It was Barry Cryer and he looked life a mafia don!

over a year ago

And when the celebrity doesn’t want to have a photo taken, they’re called up themselves or a twat.

Not applicable to my comment, I didn’t stop him whilst out with his family or whilst he was eating in a restaurant etc. I was in his home and was extremely polite and went out of my way to assist him with something. I stand by my original opinion of him, the guys a rude twat "

Ringo was never that bright. Not a bad drummer though.

over a year ago

Ringo wasn’t even the best drummer in the Beatles

over a year ago

And and Dec are meant to be arseholes.

Post new Message to Thread