Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who is going to the gym this week?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I went this morning and I did a full body workout.

I go 3 times a week and I do full body workouts and my goal is to bulk up. I track my macros everyday and I eat about 3000 calories daily. I use mynetdiary to log it, it is a fun and an interactive app.

What motivates you to go? I like to watch alot of training videos and I follow few utubers like nick wright, thomas maw and I like as well 3d abs with the great dane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGfHk46OSU

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I went this morning and I did a full body workout.

I go 3 times a week and I do full body workouts and my goal is to bulk up. I track my macros everyday and I eat about 3000 calories daily. I use mynetdiary to log it, it is a fun and an interactive app.

What motivates you to go? I like to watch alot of training videos and I follow few utubers like nick wright, thomas maw and I like as well 3d abs with the great dane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGfHk46OSU "

I go 6 times a week. Been bit slack this week as I am recovering from a side strain. Also trying intermittent diet which has help me become shredded.

over a year ago

"Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I went this morning and I did a full body workout.

What motivates you to go? I like to watch alot of training videos and I follow few utubers like nick wright, thomas maw and I like as well 3d abs with the great dane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGfHk46OSU "

I have absolutely no clue what to do when it comes to the gym. Feel quite intimidated so don’t bother. I swim a few times a week to earn beer tokens but I would ideally like to be in better shape before I’m 40

over a year ago

What motivates you to go? I like to watch alot of training videos and I follow few utubers like nick wright, thomas maw and I like as well 3d abs with the great dane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGfHk46OSU

I have absolutely no clue what to do when it comes to the gym. Feel quite intimidated so don’t bother. I swim a few times a week to earn beer tokens but I would ideally like to be in better shape before I’m 40 "

It is all downhill once you hit 40.

Try getting a PT if you can afford to. If not stick with what you enjoy.

over a year ago

I’ve a kettlebell session with a PT in an hour.... who absolutely annihilates me every Friday!

I go 5/6 times a week and alternate a mix Pump, kettlebell, combat and Pilates (to stretch out after it all)

over a year ago

I have absolutely no clue what to do when it comes to the gym. Feel quite intimidated so don’t bother. I swim a few times a week to earn beer tokens but I would ideally like to be in better shape before I’m 40 "

You look in good shape to me

over a year ago

That is good you swim I like to swim as well and yes the best routine to start of with is a full body workout as you train the whole body and try to do it 3 times a week, with full body workout you train one excersise per body part which is about 6 excersises and do you know your maintenance calories? A good starting point to know it is to google tdee calculator and click on the first result knowing your calories is very important

over a year ago

"I’ve a kettlebell session with a PT in an hour.... who absolutely annihilates me every Friday!

I go 5/6 times a week and alternate a mix Pump, kettlebell, combat and Pilates (to stretch out after it all)"

Looking good on it kettle bells are awesome

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Back in today. Probably going to stick to mostly back as my inner thighs are still in bits from Wednesday

over a year ago

"I’ve a kettlebell session with a PT in an hour.... who absolutely annihilates me every Friday!

I go 5/6 times a week and alternate a mix Pump, kettlebell, combat and Pilates (to stretch out after it all)"

I love kettlebells. You'll enjoy it. They are a fat furnace and they are fun to swing around!

I'm slacking today - but did M-T-and yesterday... So not too bad!

x Niki

over a year ago

I have absolutely no clue what to do when it comes to the gym. Feel quite intimidated so don’t bother. I swim a few times a week to earn beer tokens but I would ideally like to be in better shape before I’m 40 That is good you swim I like to swim as well and yes the best routine to start of with is a full body workout as you train the whole body and try to do it 3 times a week, with full body workout you train one excersise per body part which is about 6 excersises and do you know your maintenance calories? A good starting point to know it is to google tdee calculator and click on the first result knowing your calories is very important "

I track everything on my fitness pal so I do tend to stick to around 1500 calories. I go minimal 3 times a week usually 45 mins each session.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I have absolutely no clue what to do when it comes to the gym. Feel quite intimidated so don’t bother. I swim a few times a week to earn beer tokens but I would ideally like to be in better shape before I’m 40 That is good you swim I like to swim as well and yes the best routine to start of with is a full body workout as you train the whole body and try to do it 3 times a week, with full body workout you train one excersise per body part which is about 6 excersises and do you know your maintenance calories? A good starting point to know it is to google tdee calculator and click on the first result knowing your calories is very important "

I got really bad DOMS when I first started going to the gym so full body work outs would have killed me as I'd be sore all over so I mostly split it into legs, back biceps and abs then chest and triceps. I mix it up a bit sometimes but I try to avoid doing legs and chest/triceps too close together as they give me the worst DOMS and being sore on that amount of your body isn't fun. I also try to avoid doing legs and abs together or getting out of bed or chairs is hard haha! I don't get it as bad now I've been doing it a while but I still prefer to split it.

The amount of DOMS people get varies a lot though so whole body workouts could work great for some people. Just showing another option for people like me that it wouldn't work for .

over a year ago

What are DOMS?

(I only know of them in a BDSM context lol)

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"What are DOMS?

(I only know of them in a BDSM context lol)"

Oops sorry. Delayed onset muscle soreness! It's the soreness and stiffness you get a day or two after excercise. Some people are more prone to it than others. I've had it for three days before!

over a year ago

"What are DOMS?

(I only know of them in a BDSM context lol)

Oops sorry. Delayed onset muscle soreness! It's the soreness and stiffness you get a day or two after excercise. Some people are more prone to it than others. I've had it for three days before! "

I get that sometimes. I thought it was just because I'm getting old!

over a year ago

Nah....

By *WillowxWoman
over a year ago

Oo err Devon

Yep I've already been today, got a few days off now and back again Monday.

I get really bad DOMS and am still aching from Tuesdays sesh so had to drag myself to the gym this morning! Lol.

To be fair I had no idea what I was doing at my previous gym, but the one I go to now is amazing! It's a bit like a CrossFit gym... So no machines... Weights and Burpees etc... But surprisingly love it! Love the community feel.

Never thought I would enjoy going to a gym ...

over a year ago

I go 5/6 times a week and alternate a mix Pump, kettlebell, combat and Pilates (to stretch out after it all)

I love kettlebells. You'll enjoy it. They are a fat furnace and they are fun to swing around!

I'm slacking today - but did M-T-and yesterday... So not too bad!

x Niki"

Snap! Love a kettlebell work out! Always ruins me but feel great for it!

I do kettlebell 1:2:1 x3 a week, and pump class x2 a week, combat x 2 a week and two lots of Pilates - as it just helps stretch out everywhere I’ve ruined hahaha

Only way to fit it all in is double up on sessions during the week.

Only really kicked it off as I’m getting old and need to make the effort now!

Elle xxx

over a year ago

Looking good on it kettle bells are awesome "

Thanks - the PT is awesome and never lets me quit!

over a year ago

I have absolutely no clue what to do when it comes to the gym. Feel quite intimidated so don’t bother. I swim a few times a week to earn beer tokens but I would ideally like to be in better shape before I’m 40 That is good you swim I like to swim as well and yes the best routine to start of with is a full body workout as you train the whole body and try to do it 3 times a week, with full body workout you train one excersise per body part which is about 6 excersises and do you know your maintenance calories? A good starting point to know it is to google tdee calculator and click on the first result knowing your calories is very important

I track everything on my fitness pal so I do tend to stick to around 1500 calories. I go minimal 3 times a week usually 45 mins each session. "

That is good you do and that sounds like a good workout routine as well

over a year ago

Paused deadlifts last night. Hamstrings hurt.

3 x 2 @ 230kg

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Paused deadlifts last night. Hamstrings hurt.

3 x 2 @ 230kg "

Do you need them rubbing?

over a year ago

I get DOMS when I do my lower body. My hamstrings are very unforgiving. The best way to minimize the pain is by stretching before and after. Also try compressive clothing. This has helped me.

over a year ago

No iv been doing a home workout for the last month and seen much more change than when i pissed away gym money

over a year ago

I'll go tomorrow. Promise.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Bloody hamstrings

This is the story of my gym life at the moment.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Got a community session tomorrow morning which is always fun. Hoping to get some deadlifts in next week as did squats and bench this week.

Need to start going at lunch at work too.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Bloody hamstrings

This is the story of my gym life at the moment. "

I never have issues with mine. They're dead flexible and have always been one of my strongest muscles. It's my quads, abs and triceps that get me.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Bloody hamstrings

I never have issues with mine. They're dead flexible and have always been one of my strongest muscles. It's my quads, abs and triceps that get me. "

Mine are dreadful

over a year ago

"Bloody hamstrings

I never have issues with mine. They're dead flexible and have always been one of my strongest muscles. It's my quads, abs and triceps that get me.

Mine are dreadful"

Lot of stretches before and after will help. Epsom salt in a warm bath helps with pain relief.

Or you could try an ice bath!

over a year ago

evesham

"Bloody hamstrings

Mine are dreadful"

Mine have always been crap too. When I ran they would cause my calf muscles to be agony! Thank god for sports massage trained people at work lol

My glutes are crap too. Piriformis syndrome when I ran! Been given some good stretches to do plus been told to do 20 squats before I go for a wee at work lol also works your pelvic floor

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Bloody hamstrings

Mine are dreadful

Lot of stretches before and after will help. Epsom salt in a warm bath helps with pain relief.

Or you could try an ice bath! "

I've got some stretches to do. I'll skip the ice!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I train 5-6 days - chest and tri, back and bi, legs shoulders then a running day. So four days on , a days rest then repeat. I also rave 5k and half marathon. Life and travel get in the way but I stick to that routine and try not to miss more than 2 days.

My goals are to bench , squat and deadlift 120kg and to run 5k sub 20mins and 1/2 marathon in 1:45. so they are a real contradiction bulking and moving faster...it keeps me in check though

Motivation - I like to be fit strong and sexy !

By *eniorsxMan
over a year ago

Coggeshall

Kettlebell work keeps me functional and flexible. Swings and presses job done

Usually 10 sets each

By *forfun500Couple
over a year ago

walsall

Only been once this week slacking really bad

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Bloody hamstrings

Mine are dreadful"

I have to do hamstring curls to even feel anything in mine. My hip adductors are currently crippling me though! I badly injured one of them years ago though.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Bloody hamstrings

Mine are dreadful

I have to do hamstring curls to even feel anything in mine. My hip adductors are currently crippling me though! I badly injured one of them years ago though."

I feel them on any lower leg work, sometimes more than what I'm supposed to be feeling.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Back next week but looking forward to it. I have upper body the first day back. bench press. oh yay

By *izbitMan
over a year ago

St Helens

Probably train of some sorts most days ....goals to keep the weight off after retirement and trying to fit 157g of protein into less than 3700 calories is a nightmare diet

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Bloody hamstrings

Mine are dreadful

I have to do hamstring curls to even feel anything in mine. My hip adductors are currently crippling me though! I badly injured one of them years ago though.

I feel them on any lower leg work, sometimes more than what I'm supposed to be feeling. "

Hopefully it will get better as you keep working them

By *eniorsxMan
over a year ago

Coggeshall

"Probably train of some sorts most days ....goals to keep the weight off after retirement and trying to fit 157g of protein into less than 3700 calories is a nightmare diet "

Go old school with it mate, get some dessicated liver tablets, more a less 0 carbs but the protein content kicks arse

By *izbitMan
over a year ago

St Helens

"Probably train of some sorts most days ....goals to keep the weight off after retirement and trying to fit 157g of protein into less than 3700 calories is a nightmare diet

Go old school with it mate, get some dessicated liver tablets, more a less 0 carbs but the protein content kicks arse "

Thanks pal I'll have a look as tofu and to much tuna isn't great

over a year ago

"Probably train of some sorts most days ....goals to keep the weight off after retirement and trying to fit 157g of protein into less than 3700 calories is a nightmare diet "

157g into 3700 calories is easy

over a year ago

Tomorrow training shoulders

over a year ago

Not me I'm going to eat some more mince pies

over a year ago

"Not me I'm going to eat some more mince pies "

You are a naughty elf aren’t you lol

over a year ago

Been going hard this week!

over a year ago

evesham

Saturday morning community session fine 4 of us had to do 14000kg and 8000 metres between us then a nice 100cal challenge at the end.

Tried to do some barbell deadlifts today as can do 120kg on a trap bar. It's a bit harder on a barbell lol did 70kg a few times though.

over a year ago

Easy session today

3x3 @ 205kg squat

3x3 @ 130kg bench

over a year ago

"Easy session today

3x3 @ 205kg squat

3x3 @ 130kg bench "

Wow that’s pretty decent

By *avartMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

Just do a basic routine:

Warm up on rowing machine

Barbell Bench press

Dumbbell overhead press

Dumbbell row

Pull ups/chin ups

Box squats

Squat with Barbell

Straight leg deadlift

Face pulls on cable machine

Bicep curls on cable machine

Cool down on bike

Run and swim for cardio on non weight training days

Nothing fancy - just the basics!

over a year ago

"Easy session today

3x3 @ 205kg squat

3x3 @ 130kg bench

Wow that’s pretty decent "

Cheers dude.

Easy week before I peak over the next 5 weeks and gauge progress

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I've just got back from the gym, full body session as always! Rest day tomorrow then will go again Wednesday. Need to look pumped for meeting Dolph Lundgren and Jon Bernthal on Saturday in Manchester!

By *racy_JacksWoman
over a year ago

Derby

I only ever really lift, no cardio because I walk to work etc. I do a 4 day split but I’m taking a planned week off to give myself a break this week.

I can’t ever be arsed to worry about my diet and do enough to get by and maintain a shape that I like

over a year ago

The mr here.

Mainly just left no cardio.

I train 4 days per week in the winter and 5 days a week spring and summer .

Each day I isolate a muscle group.

over a year ago

Lift not left lol

over a year ago

Yes will be going tomorrow - go everyday before work

over a year ago

I went today, what about you? I did a full body workout

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

over a year ago

evesham

"I went today, what about you? I did a full body workout "

Yup.....jumping squats =

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Leg day tomorrow!

over a year ago

3 times per week for me, push, pull & leg day! With spin classes in between for cardio

over a year ago

Lunchtime HIIT session for me.

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Getting back into it now, been slack this year. Combined with cutting junk, should help sort some of this extra flab and build muscles back up over winter.

Legs and core Sunday.

Chest and arms yesterday

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

PB on back squats last night. 110kg for 6. Plenty more in the tank too. Importantly the back is holding firm. Looking forward to cranking this up

over a year ago

Yes I will be going again, back on it.

Been slacking recently as started new job and out of routine but now getting back on it

over a year ago

Nottingham

I have only just realise a lot of the top girls that have bikini body’s are on steroids

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Back in today.... It hurts already

3rd in 4 days, getting back into it.

....I need a bath and tea now

over a year ago

Another light session last night

3x3 210kg deadlift

3x4 175kg speed squats

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Another light session last night

3x3 210kg deadlift

3x4 175kg speed squats"

Light .

over a year ago

3x3 210kg deadlift

3x4 175kg speed squats

Light ."

Plenty of people I train with who make me look like a right wimp

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

3x3 210kg deadlift

3x4 175kg speed squats

Light .

Plenty of people I train with who make me look like a right wimp "

The hulk, a family of giants and Hercules?

By *dquestCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

We are

over a year ago

Trained back today plenty of cable rows and lat pull downs

over a year ago

Nottingham

Just train quads and glutes today and 10 minutes high-intensity cardio :

over a year ago

I had a rest day today, what about you?

over a year ago

Rest day Friday Saturday and today back on it tomorrow ... international chest day

over a year ago

Back yesterday, chest today, legs tomorrow then a couple days rest.

over a year ago

I like doing legs on Mondays as most blokes are hitting their chests then so the squat racks are always free.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

Went to my first HIIT session today (The Boy), I tipped over 14stone last week and I hate my stomach at the mo. Body combat tomorrow probably something Tuesday and my usual gym on Wednesday. Thursday I’m going to try circuits. Rest Friday and parkrun Saturday as usual. Then repeat till 12st 7lbs.

over a year ago

"I like doing legs on Mondays as most blokes are hitting their chests then so the squat racks are always free. "

That is the best way I agree

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

"I like doing legs on Mondays as most blokes are hitting their chests then so the squat racks are always free. "

I got really into the leg press machine in the summer up to 120kg. Really helped on the bike.

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

Definitely not me

By *ammy lynWoman
over a year ago

Stoke-on-trent

Chest day tomorrow.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Im next in on Tuesday. Leg day for me! My shoulders are just about recovering.

over a year ago

It's great how self motivated you all are.

I wish I find this motivation too

Short of that find someone who'd love to take me and make I don't hurt myself : )

over a year ago

Make sure **

over a year ago

Squats tomorrow

Heavy set of 3 then speed work at 60% for 6 sets of 5

By *ardAndFun321Man
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Have been slack of late, due to work and family commitments, but need to get back into a routine.

over a year ago

Just been. Thought I'd mention it, as it's a rarity lately!

over a year ago

I'm on a deload week, so my sets are cut in half this week and replacing half my kettlebell snatches with one hand 20kg swings.

Monday done (2x16kg double clean and squats, hammer curls, 16kg EMOM KB snatches for 15 minutes)

Tuesday, Thursday and Friday as planned then a couple weeks off for Christmas.

x Niki

over a year ago

Nice and steady tonight.

1 x 3 220kg squat RPE 7

6 x 5 152.5kg speed squat

1 x 3 145kg paused bench RPE 7

7 x 5 100kg paused speed bench

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Full body this lunch

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

First time back after being flat on my back last week.

Everything hurts

over a year ago

Never ever ever seen the inside of a gym...

over a year ago

I try and go daily..

Been going twice a day for the passed 2 weeks and noticing a lot more progress, but this won’t be sustainable when the weather dies down and I have to work.

Also can’t track macros as I have no means of preparing my own food. But I still eat clean and as healthy as pos.

over a year ago

I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout

over a year ago

Already been today, I usually run daily and do S&C sessions twice a week. I'm marathon training.

over a year ago

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout "

Chest and tri’s followed by a 5k run. I hate every fkn step of cardio .. fatty at heart

over a year ago

"First time back after being flat on my back last week.

Everything hurts "

Glad your back is better. Use Epsom salts, the magnesium helps with doms.

x N

over a year ago

And again yesterday. That's twice this week!

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Just got back. My legs are in bits! Whoever invented leg extensions is the ultimate sadist!

over a year ago

Want 'em massaging?

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I dont go. Went once about 30yrs ago. I would rather exercise out in the fresh air or a big bouncy bed.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Never ever ever seen the inside of a gym..."

Iv never seen inside Gregg's not sure what your point might be

Just curious though you would not have data on yearly muscle atrophy of sedentary men over 40 would you I'm interested in how having less and less muscle each year benefits well being as one ages ?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Want 'em massaging?"

Me? Please!!

over a year ago

*cancels family birthday stuff and runs hands together gleefully*

over a year ago

*rubs

Dammit.

over a year ago

This will hopefully make you laugh. I have a mate, early 40s like me. Insanely ripped like cover model body really low fat. He does not go to the gym. He does a lot of uppers and dances all weekend. I know what you are all going to say, but he makes me laugh. True mid life crisis going on there lol.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Yesterday 2 hrs of pilates plus a game of squash. Today an hr spin class plus 2 hrs pilates. Bath time

over a year ago

Another steady session, tapering off to peak week.

1 x 3 235kg deadlift RPE 8

6 X 5 165kg speed deadlift

RC rehab work

over a year ago

evesham

Just been we did a 12 days of Christmas challenge:

1min wall sit

2 balls

3 jumping squats

4 kB deadlifts

5 goblet squats

6 dumbbell clean and press (3 each arm)

7 ball slams

8 kcal on the ski erg (eurgh)

9 Burpees (modified cos I hate them)

10 40kg bench press

11 body weight squats

12 dumbbell squat press

Each round you go up an exercise so you end up doing 12 minutes of wall sits, 22 wall balls, 30 jumping squats etc

I'm dead now.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Actually there at the moment, just having a quick breather, hope nobody is looking over my shoulder right now...

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Done my first every parkrun this morning 31.33!!! Not to shabby for a first, never ran a 5km outside either. Done in a gym before. Could have done slightly nearer to 31.10 if I didn’t pause for breath.

over a year ago

Going tomorrow morning to do chest

over a year ago

10 mile run this evening, another 90mins tomorrow.

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

No another week of not even thinking of it. Eat less

over a year ago

evesham

Off to a sisters of strength event today at my gym. Looking forward to meeting and training with some strong women!

over a year ago

evesham

"Done my first every parkrun this morning 31.33!!! Not to shabby for a first, never ran a 5km outside either. Done in a gym before. Could have done slightly nearer to 31.10 if I didn’t pause for breath. "

Well done. I love parkrun....just need to get back to running all of it lply

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My hamstrings hate me

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Done my first every parkrun this morning 31.33!!! Not to shabby for a first, never ran a 5km outside either. Done in a gym before. Could have done slightly nearer to 31.10 if I didn’t pause for breath.

Well done. I love parkrun....just need to get back to running all of it lply"

My body has not liked me at all today. I did warm up but thighs, calves, knee is not feeling good at al - aches every where

Though i didn’t help as I had a play session yesterday evening as well

over a year ago

Well I didn’t go to the gym today but il be going tomorrow and training chest

over a year ago

I've got 5 sessions to squeeze in this week, it's going to hurt

over a year ago

"I've got 5 sessions to squeeze in this week, it's going to hurt"

Good luck

over a year ago

I went this morning and I did a full body workout, what about you?

over a year ago

I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout with heavy dips, did you know that the dips are considered as a compound exercise and it is reffered to as the king of the upper body exercises

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I did chest and triceps. Probably my least favourite!

over a year ago

Did full body workout

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout with heavy dips, did you know that the dips are considered as a compound exercise and it is reffered to as the king of the upper body exercises "

Dips are and exceptional and underrated . I try to do them daily often superset weighted with pull ups which I consider equal to dips

As a note to gym haters these two fine body weight movements do not require any gym

By *ouanna JoWoman
over a year ago

A little village

I’ve just done a leg, chest, shoulder and back workout. Last one before Christmas so made it a good one.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

And I’ve literally just arrived at the gym...

By *ouanna JoWoman
over a year ago

A little village

"And I’ve literally just arrived at the gym..."

Yay you made it!

over a year ago

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout with heavy dips, did you know that the dips are considered as a compound exercise and it is reffered to as the king of the upper body exercises

Dips are and exceptional and underrated . I try to do them daily often superset weighted with pull ups which I consider equal to dips

As a note to gym haters these two fine body weight movements do not require any gym "

That is right they are, that is because they are hard and not many people do them, you can argue that it is even more effective than doing the bench press. I add weights when doing dips with slow reps focusing on the negatives, it is the best old school move there is

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"And I’ve literally just arrived at the gym...

Yay you made it! "

Only because you bloody went and guilt shamed me into going!!! But as usual, when I really don’t want to go I find my workout thoroughly enjoyable!

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I'm just getting back into lifting after surgery in August. I'd done some bodyweight exercises in between. I'm amazed at how weak I've become, my deadlifts have dropped through the floor and I used to love them. I can barely bang out sets of three at 140kg (double my bodyweight) and I thought I'd just be able to walk in and pull off sets of 5 - I was 5 x 160 before I went into hospital.

By *ouanna JoWoman
over a year ago

A little village

Yay you made it!

Only because you bloody went and guilt shamed me into going!!! But as usual, when I really don’t want to go I find my workout thoroughly enjoyable! "

Same

over a year ago

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout with heavy dips, did you know that the dips are considered as a compound exercise and it is reffered to as the king of the upper body exercises

As a note to gym haters these two fine body weight movements do not require any gym "

Not underrated in my opinion.

Great accessory for bench press lock out.

Sets of 3-6 with +75kg on a belt.

over a year ago

Does 12hrs furniture bumping up and down stairs without a break count?

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Yay you made it!

Only because you bloody went and guilt shamed me into going!!! But as usual, when I really don’t want to go I find my workout thoroughly enjoyable!

Same "

You can be my gym-spiration!

over a year ago

"I'm just getting back into lifting after surgery in August. I'd done some bodyweight exercises in between. I'm amazed at how weak I've become, my deadlifts have dropped through the floor and I used to love them. I can barely bang out sets of three at 140kg (double my bodyweight) and I thought I'd just be able to walk in and pull off sets of 5 - I was 5 x 160 before I went into hospital.

"

That is good you are back to the gym and yes it will take some time to get back to the weights you did there

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

Back in the gym Thursday , working away out in the sticks this week

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"I'm just getting back into lifting after surgery in August. I'd done some bodyweight exercises in between. I'm amazed at how weak I've become, my deadlifts have dropped through the floor and I used to love them. I can barely bang out sets of three at 140kg (double my bodyweight) and I thought I'd just be able to walk in and pull off sets of 5 - I was 5 x 160 before I went into hospital.

That is good you are back to the gym and yes it will take some time to get back to the weights you did there "

Yeah, I know... i just thought "knock 20kg off and it'll be easy". I was wrong

over a year ago

Cycling and HIIT training today

over a year ago

Dead pin squats for speed, sets of 3 at 185kg

Close grip bench press, sets of 3 at 150kg

over a year ago

Nottingham

Can’t wait for next year as it full on diet hard core training for competition

over a year ago

Make the most of it. You won’t be able to move from January for a month

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Been going everyday since November.

Mostly weights...Core lifts - deadlift, squats and bench press.

Lost a bit of weight but struggling with the last 8 or so kg to shift.

Bloody hard work!

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"Make the most of it. You won’t be able to move from January for a month "

It's a bloody nightmare isn't it!!

Roll on February when they all disappear again...

over a year ago

"Make the most of it. You won’t be able to move from January for a month

"

especially when all they do is stand around chatting

over a year ago

Nottingham

"

This is so true I’ll have to go at 5 in the morning

over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Make the most of it. You won’t be able to move from January for a month "

One things that’s never been an issue at my gym, maybe get max of ten me members in January.

over a year ago

One things that’s never been an issue at my gym, maybe get max of ten me members in January. "

I also train at home so it saves a lot of time during the festive periods. I will be training at home today

over a year ago

One things that’s never been an issue at my gym, maybe get max of ten me members in January. I also train at home so it saves a lot of time during the festive periods. I will be training at home today "

The gym I use is open 8 till 6 today

over a year ago

SW Scotland

Mine is decent, get a key open 24/7.

over a year ago

One things that’s never been an issue at my gym, maybe get max of ten me members in January. I also train at home so it saves a lot of time during the festive periods. I will be training at home today

The gym I use is open 8 till 6 today "

That is good opening hours too

over a year ago

"Mine is decent, get a key open 24/7. "

Phil Heath and Martin Ford are amongst the few who train at mine

over a year ago

Nottingham

Going to eat anything I like to day

over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Mine is decent, get a key open 24/7.

Phil Heath and Martin Ford are amongst the few who train at mine "

Emporium gym by chance ?

over a year ago

"Mine is decent, get a key open 24/7.

Phil Heath and Martin Ford are amongst the few who train at mine

Emporium gym by chance ?"

Yeah mate. You ever been?

over a year ago

SW Scotland

Meant to go last time I went to bodypower but went and trained at Dino’s instead. We’d heard most pros went to emporium.

Dino’s was busy with the guys from mutant when we were in.

over a year ago

"Going to eat anything I like to day "
Same here. I am not tracking the macros during the christmas period as much, it is like a diet break

over a year ago

"Meant to go last time I went to bodypower but went and trained at Dino’s instead. We’d heard most pros went to emporium.

Dino’s was busy with the guys from mutant when we were in. "

Another awesome gym. Love it around may time. See a lot of pros training. Just watching you can learn so much. I’m not in there league but just being around them is a honour.

over a year ago

Training never stops for Christmas.

In tomorrow morning for deadlifts

over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Training never stops for Christmas.

In tomorrow morning for deadlifts"

Yep, worked today in as recovery. In tomorrow for axle/log press work.

over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Meant to go last time I went to bodypower but went and trained at Dino’s instead. We’d heard most pros went to emporium.

Dino’s was busy with the guys from mutant when we were in.

Another awesome gym. Love it around may time. See a lot of pros training. Just watching you can learn so much. I’m not in there league but just being around them is a honour. "

Dino is by far the most genuine person I’ve ever met in bodybuilding. Guy would do anything for anyone interested in the sport.

Know what you mean about their experience, done a few seminars over the years and their knowledge is unreal !

over a year ago

Yep, worked today in as recovery. In tomorrow for axle/log press work. "

I hate the log. One of the reasons I gave up strongman as I was shit at it, just couldn't get it to work so was never going to win as always let me down.

Needed 130kg for reps to be competitive and a max pushing 150-160kg.

Most I ever did was 125kg for a single.

over a year ago

SW Scotland

Yep, worked today in as recovery. In tomorrow for axle/log press work.

I hate the log. One of the reasons I gave up strongman as I was shit at it, just couldn't get it to work so was never going to win as always let me down.

Needed 130kg for reps to be competitive and a max pushing 150-160kg.

Most I ever did was 125kg for a single."

It is a f*cker to get right.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Going later today, in my hotel

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Going to eat anything I like to day Same here. I am not tracking the macros during the christmas period as much, it is like a diet break "

Naughty, not looking at your macros Shag.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Hopefully on Friday my gym sessions these days consist off exercise bike and walking on a incline on the treadmill

By *uffnmuffCouple
over a year ago

London

Be back at the gym tomorrow. Mrs muff x

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sup and yoga today

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Planning to do a 5km on Saturday. If my tweaked back and legs heal in time - should do

over a year ago

Done my workout this morning

over a year ago

I have done a new thread we can continue on

Post new Message to Thread