Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Brutality of Transphobia - TDoR

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Today is the International Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR) for those murdered as a result of transphobia. Approx 3,000 murdered in the last decade Worldwide.

The 2019 list make frightening reading with shootings, stabbings, stoning, burning, decapitation and other brutal causes of death. Only one recorded so far this year in the UK but still one too many.

Just posting this for awareness - brutality of transphobia.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wow! I never actually knew the numbers are so high... and the 1 in the UK!

Good luck with your cause... no excuse for this in this day and age..never was, just be clear!

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

So awful.

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

There is a lot of brutality in the world its sad that people have no respect for others.

over a year ago

The world will hopefully become more accepting of everyone in general... one can wish anyway.

By *roticGoddessXXWoman
over a year ago

Richmond

[Removed by poster at 20/11/19 14:25:37]

By *roticGoddessXXWoman
over a year ago

Richmond

"Today is the International Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR) for those murdered as a result of transphobia. Approx 3,000 murdered in the last decade Worldwide.

The 2019 list make frightening reading with shootings, stabbings, stoning, burning, decapitation and other brutal causes of death. Only one recorded so far this year in the UK but still one too many.

"

Thank you for this. I did not know about this day

As the mother of a trans son, I get a lot of stupid questions about whether he REALLY knows his own gender and sexuality, etc (yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question).

People are clueless as to the reality of basic rights such as being safe in public.

My posts on social media have been updated.

over a year ago

Disgusting to think there are still such horrible crimes... thanks for raising awareness

over a year ago

I have a trans daughter she is 1 of the strongest ppl I have ever known. Seeing these figures disgust me as at the end of the day they are our children

over a year ago

"Today is the International Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR) for those murdered as a result of transphobia. Approx 3,000 murdered in the last decade Worldwide.

As the mother of a trans son, I get a lot of stupid questions about whether he REALLY knows his own gender and sexuality, etc (yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question).

People are clueless as to the reality of basic rights such as being safe in public.

My posts on social media have been updated."

Yes a lot of people are clueless and/or stupid as you say, all we can do is raise better awareness. I sympathise with you for having to deal with such ignorance.

over a year ago

My posts on social media have been updated.

Yes a lot of people are clueless and/or stupid as you say, all we can do is raise better awareness. I sympathise with you for having to deal with such ignorance."

The existence of any hatred needs to be highlighted.

Sometimes "stupid" questions are just clumsily delivered. The need for dialect and understanding shouldnt be undermined by tutting at a questioned obvious to oneself. It may be a genuine question, and others explaining will allow a clear message to be passed on.

The I'll treatment of anyone is uncalled for, but thanks for raising this.

over a year ago

"I have a trans daughter she is 1 of the strongest ppl I have ever known. Seeing these figures disgust me as at the end of the day they are our children "

pleased your daughter is strong, you must be very proud of her.

over a year ago

Just a nudge with some associated information.

Hate crime in the UK against LGBTQ+ is rising partly due to better reporting. Police figures to October for 2018/19 in a Human Rights Watch report lists 14,491 crimes against people because of sexual orientation (up 25% on previous year) and 2,333 offences against transgendered because of gender identity (up 37% on previous year) . The above does not include non-reported offences which would probably significantly increase these figures.

Guess a lot more needs to be done in the UK.

Thanks to all for the posts on this thread.

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

The world is full of ignorance and cruelty. Trans people have really thought about who they are. It's a shame not everyone has such a sound education around their identity. It ensures they act out of fear. Here's to brace and sensible souls everywhere. Xxx

over a year ago

"There is a lot of brutality in the world its sad that people have no respect for others."

over a year ago

I'll never understand why people feel the need to be so ugly to each other.

over a year ago

"I'll never understand why people feel the need to be so ugly to each other. "

Heartbreaking isn't it. An in built fear of "different".

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Thanks for posting, OP.

I hope that one day soon people will be accepting of difference and stop seeing it as a threat to them but as an enrichment to all our lives.

People should be free to be their true selves.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Thanks for posting, OP.

I hope that one day soon people will be accepting of difference and stop seeing it as a threat to them but as an enrichment to all our lives.

People should be free to be their true selves.

"

Absolutely this for me x

over a year ago

Last nudge and nice to see the comments above, thanks

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

People are clueless as to the reality of basic rights such as being safe in public."

I also have a trans son and can only agree wholeheartedly.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Real shitty that this has to be a day of remembrance rather than a day of celebration.

One day perhaps.

over a year ago

"Real shitty that this has to be a day of remembrance rather than a day of celebration.

One day perhaps. "

Agreed but the Pride events are great celebrations

By *lterego78Man
over a year ago

Here, There, Everywhere...

What annoys me most, is the phobia part, same with homophobia, islamophobia, it's not a phobia, calling it a phobia suggests that the person has no control over their thoughts or actions. It's not a phobia.

By *r AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"

Jesus in this day and age

You would think we evolved enough to at least live and let live,

Shocking stats

over a year ago

"What annoys me most, is the phobia part, same with homophobia, islamophobia, it's not a phobia, calling it a phobia suggests that the person has no control over their thoughts or actions. It's not a phobia."

That’s a good point, a phobia is an anxiety disorder. This is definitely not that...

over a year ago

"What annoys me most, is the phobia part, same with homophobia, islamophobia, it's not a phobia, calling it a phobia suggests that the person has no control over their thoughts or actions. It's not a phobia.

That’s a good point, a phobia is an anxiety disorder. This is definitely not that... "

In this context Transphobia means 'Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.' I guess it derives from fear of the unknown.

over a year ago

Tdor is also for all those who take their own lives.

The statistics of trans related suicide don’t take into account all those tormented souls who can’t come out.

over a year ago

"What annoys me most, is the phobia part, same with homophobia, islamophobia, it's not a phobia, calling it a phobia suggests that the person has no control over their thoughts or actions. It's not a phobia.

That’s a good point, a phobia is an anxiety disorder. This is definitely not that...

In this context Transphobia means 'Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.' I guess it derives from fear of the unknown."

True, and I get the fear of the unknown part. But fear doesn’t excuse prejudice and discrimination. I think they should call it something different and remove the phobia part - something that doesn’t downplay the discriminatory person’s disgusting behaviour and pass it off as anxiety or “phobia”.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Tdor is also for all those who take their own lives.

The statistics of trans related suicide don’t take into account all those tormented souls who can’t come out. "

I was discussing this with someone today and the difficulty of gathering the data on that.

over a year ago

"Tdor is also for all those who take their own lives.

The statistics of trans related suicide don’t take into account all those tormented souls who can’t come out.

I was discussing this with someone today and the difficulty of gathering the data on that.

"

Clearly you can’t.

By *lterego78Man
over a year ago

Here, There, Everywhere...

In this context Transphobia means 'Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.' I guess it derives from fear of the unknown.

True, and I get the fear of the unknown part. But fear doesn’t excuse prejudice and discrimination. I think they should call it something different and remove the phobia part - something that doesn’t downplay the discriminatory person’s disgusting behaviour and pass it off as anxiety or “phobia”. "

Exactly.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"Real shitty that this has to be a day of remembrance rather than a day of celebration.

One day perhaps. "

For information, there is a wonderful event held every July in Manchester called 'Sparkle' - it is a whole weekend of trans celebration, education and, yes, remembrance too. Thousands of people attend from all over the country.

More info at https://www.sparkle.org.uk/

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"

Thank you x

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"The world will hopefully become more accepting of everyone in general... one can wish anyway. "

Sadly a report has been released, stating there has been a drop in tolerance of gays, bisexuals, transgender, etc.

over a year ago

"I have a trans daughter she is 1 of the strongest ppl I have ever known. Seeing these figures disgust me as at the end of the day they are our children

pleased your daughter is strong, you must be very proud of her."

I am extremely proud. My best friend is also m2f & the courage they both face the world with on a daily basis is unbelievable

By *ral ExtraordinaireMan
over a year ago

Kent

Jk Rowling isnt that bad is she ?

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

"Jk Rowling isnt that bad is she ?"

Well she's certainly not helping.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

What mean JK ?

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman
over a year ago

Colchester

No, she isn’t bad. She's a wonderfully bright and charitable woman who has done a hell of a lot of good in the world. All she’s done is protest the ongoing erasure of women and women's spaces.

Sadly, a small number of particularly rabid trans-activists insist on cancelling and often brutalising anyone who does not agree exactly with their agenda, ending careers and even inciting violence towards those who refuse to 'bend the knee'.

Massive subject.

I disagree with lightly throwing around the word 'transphobic', and ostracising anyone who even questions the wisdom of controversial things like self-identifying, and early medical intervention of children, and teens.

A r*pe crisis shelter in Canada, has had all funding stopped because it was so-called trans-exclusionary for only housing women. Look up people like Jessica Yaniv, Barbie Kardashian, and Karen White. The rights of one oppressed community should never endanger another.

I’m actually a massive advocate for trans rights, but I also object to being called a 'person who menstruates' because use of the word 'woman' has been deemed transphobic.

JK simply protested this. She also stood by the woman who was fired for the 'crime' of saying that biological sex was real.

Check out Rose of Dawn on YT. She’s a marvellously intelligent transsexual woman who brings a voice of reason to the often ludicrous antics of the world of trans activism.

I think you’ll find her take on trans day of remembrance illuminating, too.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Personally I believe until women have equality , no other group stands a chance, the history of all inequality throughout tine is the history of the oppression of women, male gods, male wars, male capitalism.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Personally I believe until women have equality , no other group stands a chance, the history of all inequality throughout tine is the history of the oppression of women, male gods, male wars, male capitalism."

My feminism is intersectional. I can care about lots of different groups.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Used to admire her but now dont like her at all for her nasty bigotness!! X

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Jk Rowling isnt that bad is she ?

Used to admire her but now dont like her at all for her nasty bigotness!! X"

Agreed

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I just Googled JK Rowling she is the author of Harry Potter

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"No, she isn’t bad. She's a wonderfully bright and charitable woman who has done a hell of a lot of good in the world. All she’s done is protest the ongoing erasure of women and women's spaces.

Sadly, a small number of particularly rabid trans-activists insist on cancelling and often brutalising anyone who does not agree exactly with their agenda, ending careers and even inciting violence towards those who refuse to 'bend the knee'.

Massive subject.

I disagree with lightly throwing around the word 'transphobic', and ostracising anyone who even questions the wisdom of controversial things like self-identifying, and early medical intervention of children, and teens.

A r*pe crisis shelter in Canada, has had all funding stopped because it was so-called trans-exclusionary for only housing women. Look up people like Jessica Yaniv, Barbie Kardashian, and Karen White. The rights of one oppressed community should never endanger another.

I’m actually a massive advocate for trans rights, but I also object to being called a 'person who menstruates' because use of the word 'woman' has been deemed transphobic.

JK simply protested this. She also stood by the woman who was fired for the 'crime' of saying that biological sex was real.

Check out Rose of Dawn on YT. She’s a marvellously intelligent transsexual woman who brings a voice of reason to the often ludicrous antics of the world of trans activism.

I think you’ll find her take on trans day of remembrance illuminating, too."

Perfectly put, it’s a complicated issue that needs to be properly understood by both parties. Last thing either side of the argument needs is misinformation and scare stories.

Transsexualism isn’t going to go away, more younger people are exploring different ways to express themselves like saying non binary etc.. so we need to find a way to resolve the concerns of women and help TS community live their lives peacefully.

over a year ago

"The world will hopefully become more accepting of everyone in general... one can wish anyway.

Sadly a report has been released, stating there has been a drop in tolerance of gays, bisexuals, transgender, etc."

Since Trump?

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

It's so frustrating that some people seem to think trans people are a root of all the world's troubles. Our best friend was trans and we experienced transphobia for ourselves on numerous occasions. (though it was amusing when we were part of a pride march that was subjected to a protest demo - Dave was dressed as The Sheriff of Nottingham and gave the idiots a "regal" wave, they didn't know what to say our do!)

over a year ago

20 November 2020 is the International Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR) for those murdered as a result of transphobia.

Spare a thought ...

By *ral ExtraordinaireMan
over a year ago

Kent

"No, she isn’t bad. She's a wonderfully bright and charitable woman who has done a hell of a lot of good in the world. All she’s done is protest the ongoing erasure of women and women's spaces.

Massive subject.

"charitable woman who has done a hell of a lot of good in the world"

Spot on

over a year ago

Massive subject.

Absolutely agree.

I stand with JK Rowling

By *ndreisabelCouple
over a year ago

wigan

[Removed by poster at 08/10/20 23:07:25]

By *ndreisabelCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Massive subject.

Very well said

We stand with JK Rowling and Joe Rogan! Both full of courage and common sense

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

stockport

It's all very well standing up for women's rights which I applaud but J K Rowling is a terf and does not recognise trans women as women.Its not a biological issue it's about gender and how a person wishes to be recognised as such.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I do not stand with JK Rowling.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I do not stand with JK Rowling."

Neither do I x

over a year ago

It's sad we live in a world where any kinda phobia exists. Everyone should be accepted for who they are. Be you and stand strong against the hate

Post new Message to Thread