Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A question for all sapiosexuals!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Someone suggested that I may be a sapiosexual! So my question to you all is, when was the first time intelligence affected your decision to date someone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I always insist on IQ test results before arranging a meet.

over a year ago

"I always insist on IQ test results before arranging a meet. "

Lol..What about EQ test? What kf he/she doesn't understand emotions?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To date someone and to meet for sex is different, OP

over a year ago

"To date someone and to meet for sex is different, OP "

Is it really?

over a year ago

"To date someone and to meet for sex is different, OP

Is it really? "

Not for me it isn’t. Dating has to grow from something doesn’t it? I appreciate all intelligences in people. I’m not too keen on IQ as it’s bollocks, but do like a man/woman with practical, emotional, social and/or intercultural intelligence

over a year ago

so is it only intelligent people tbat reply in this thread?

over a year ago

Is it really?

Not for me it isn’t. Dating has to grow from something doesn’t it? I appreciate all intelligences in people. I’m not too keen on IQ as it’s bollocks, but do like a man/woman with practical, emotional, social and/or intercultural intelligence "

Agree. Who would want to shag Steve Jobs? He was smart, but not smart enough to understand people and relationships.

over a year ago

"so is it only intelligent people tbat reply in this thread? "

Mate, that is correct. Your wisdom has gone up couple of notches by just commenting on this thread!

over a year ago

Is it really?

Not for me it isn’t. Dating has to grow from something doesn’t it? I appreciate all intelligences in people. I’m not too keen on IQ as it’s bollocks, but do like a man/woman with practical, emotional, social and/or intercultural intelligence

Agree. Who would want to shag Steve Jobs? He was smart, but not smart enough to understand people and relationships. "

Money is the greatest sexual attraction for many a fool....

over a year ago

"so is it only intelligent people tbat reply in this thread?

Mate, that is correct. Your wisdom has gone up couple of notches by just commenting on this thread! "

exactly my thought process and as a seasoned sexual being can't remember firsts only lasts

over a year ago

Mate, that is correct. Your wisdom has gone up couple of notches by just commenting on this thread! exactly my thought process and as a seasoned sexual being can't remember firsts only lasts "

over a year ago

Sapiophile literally means that the other persons looks are inconsequential over intelligence (it's the intelligence that turns you on regardless of looks), not sure fab is the right place to ask that because on here works differently to outside fab life.

Yes, lots (not all) of people on here like an intelligent connection but will say it's looks that first attract.

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

The art of good conversation; the ability to reads people and situations; understand diverse aspects from a worldly perspective; is fairly fundamental to me, and it's been this way all my life.

over a year ago

"Sapiophile literally means that the other persons looks are inconsequential over intelligence (it's the intelligence that turns you on regardless of looks), not sure fab is the right place to ask that because on here works differently to outside fab life.

Yes, lots (not all) of people on here like an intelligent connection but will say it's looks that first attract.

"

I am impressed! Great to hear.

over a year ago

"The art of good conversation; the ability to reads people and situations; understand diverse aspects from a worldly perspective; is fairly fundamental to me, and it's been this way all my life."

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

"Sapiophile literally means that the other persons looks are inconsequential over intelligence (it's the intelligence that turns you on regardless of looks), not sure fab is the right place to ask that because on here works differently to outside fab life.

"

I may appreciate good looks but that won't go anywhere on its own. I've found amazing chemistry on here with people where the photos came way down the line and frankly it didn't matter; the pic was purely for identification purposes.

over a year ago

"

the people here are the people out there this is just an app to connect you with them

over a year ago

the people here are the people out there this is just an app to connect you with them "

As you know, a purely sexual connection is different. You have read and commented on numerous threads where people have clearly stated that what they look for on fab for a sexual connection is different to what they look for in an outside of fab connection.

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

It has always affected my decision to date someone. That and how good they are in bed

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I'm greedy... I want a sexy face and body to fuck but only if I can intellectually connect with him beforehand. Stupidity is a massive turn off for me.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Emotional and sexual intelligence is more important than being an academic outside of the bedroom.

over a year ago

the people here are the people out there this is just an app to connect you with them

As you know, a purely sexual connection is different. You have read and commented on numerous threads where people have clearly stated that what they look for on fab for a sexual connection is different to what they look for in an outside of fab connection."

i can't see the difference we are all sexual beings thats the life process, if a person approaches you straight off the bat sexually you delete them if they did that in a bar you'd slap them so transversely if they approach you in an adult appealing manner you interact the same as you would in the library or on the bus or at the hotel bar, it takes time to get to the act of sex but it really ultimately is never just about sex its about people interacting and how they interact, this is life not a club full of special people although some are more special than others

over a year ago

Does look give you a harder erection than words ?

If not, then you are a sapiophile.

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

To be honest its looks that create the first spark, but if the person I'm speaking / chatting to is as dumb as a log, then spark will not lead to a fire.

And I suppose (as it's never happened), if I got an intelligent first message from someone on here then the chat would create the first spark and the looks would be secondary.

Sorry no help i suppose

over a year ago

"Does look give you a harder erection than words ?

If not, then you are a sapiophile. "

you are the exception to every rule, i we t in Aldi and lidls last night and Aldi wins hands down

over a year ago

If not, then you are a sapiophile. you are the exception to every rule, i we t in Aldi and lidls last night and Aldi wins hands down "

went

over a year ago

If not, then you are a sapiophile. you are the exception to every rule, i we t in Aldi and lidls last night and Aldi wins hands down "

You are welcome xxx

over a year ago

"To be honest its looks that create the first spark, but if the person I'm speaking / chatting to is as dumb as a log, then spark will not lead to a fire.

And I suppose (as it's never happened), if I got an intelligent first message from someone on here then the chat would create the first spark and the looks would be secondary.

Sorry no help i suppose "

It does makes sense. I am enjoying this discussion. Better than staring into 100's of pussies and bobbies for sure!

over a year ago

As you know, a purely sexual connection is different. You have read and commented on numerous threads where people have clearly stated that what they look for on fab for a sexual connection is different to what they look for in an outside of fab connection.i can't see the difference we are all sexual beings thats the life process, if a person approaches you straight off the bat sexually you delete them if they did that in a bar you'd slap them so transversely if they approach you in an adult appealing manner you interact the same as you would in the library or on the bus or at the hotel bar, it takes time to get to the act of sex but it really ultimately is never just about sex its about people interacting and how they interact, this is life not a club full of special people although some are more special than others "

You can believe that but most people I've spoken to over the years of being on here and reading forum posts on the subject say the opposite and on here play by a totally different ball game in attraction

over a year ago

There is also a huge difference in how a single person would choose someone versus someone in a couple. That’s my experience anyway... the hurdle for 1:1 play is much higher than choosing someone to join you and your partner as certain needs are already met.

There are a lot of variations here really and no two people are the same in there selection. People throw terminology around all the time but it’s always open to interpretation really.

over a year ago

"There is also a huge difference in how a single person would choose someone versus someone in a couple. That’s my experience anyway... the hurdle for 1:1 play is much higher than choosing someone to join you and your partner as certain needs are already met.

There are a lot of variations here really and no two people are the same in there selection. People throw terminology around all the time but it’s always open to interpretation really. "

Their* dammit

over a year ago

I met someone last week when I was in Sydney. Good looking lady. You can call her a Milf. A typical trophy wife. But she could not hold a conversation. All she wanted to know was, how am I going to ravish her. I told her that I don't have a clue as action speaks louder than words. It all depends on chemistry and connection. That happens through great conversation.

Anyways, she thought I was a dork! Lol

over a year ago

"To date someone and to meet for sex is different, OP "

I disagree. Physical, intellectual: it's all part of the attraction.

over a year ago

"Sapiophile literally means that the other persons looks are inconsequential over intelligence "

They are not mutually exclusive, and I'd disagree that you'd find reference to aesthetics in a definition of 'sapiosexual'.

over a year ago

I disagree. Physical, intellectual: it's all part of the attraction. "

over a year ago

"Sapiophile literally means that the other persons looks are inconsequential over intelligence

They are not mutually exclusive, and I'd disagree that you'd find reference to aesthetics in a definition of 'sapiosexual'. "

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 05/11/19 07:13:31]

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 05/11/19 07:13:58]

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

To call myself sapiosexual would just seem too pretentious and immodest for my taste

over a year ago

"To call myself sapiosexual would just seem too pretentious and immodest for my taste"

It's what you find arousing in others; the term makes no reference to your own attributes

over a year ago

I disagree. Physical, intellectual: it's all part of the attraction. "

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"To call myself sapiosexual would just seem too pretentious and immodest for my taste

It's what you find arousing in others; the term makes no reference to your own attributes"

It's rather reciprocal with implications though

Not many who do not consider themselves knowledgable and articulate would request that from a sexual companion

over a year ago

As you know, a purely sexual connection is different. You have read and commented on numerous threads where people have clearly stated that what they look for on fab for a sexual connection is different to what they look for in an outside of fab connection.i can't see the difference we are all sexual beings thats the life process, if a person approaches you straight off the bat sexually you delete them if they did that in a bar you'd slap them so transversely if they approach you in an adult appealing manner you interact the same as you would in the library or on the bus or at the hotel bar, it takes time to get to the act of sex but it really ultimately is never just about sex its about people interacting and how they interact, this is life not a club full of special people although some are more special than others

You can believe that but most people I've spoken to over the years of being on here and reading forum posts on the subject say the opposite and on here play by a totally different ball game in attraction "

lol so youre saying they would have sex with someone they are not attracted to

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"To be honest its looks that create the first spark, but if the person I'm speaking / chatting to is as dumb as a log, then spark will not lead to a fire.

Sorry no help i suppose

It does makes sense. I am enjoying this discussion. Better than staring into 100's of pussies and bobbies for sure!

"

A good discussion is always fun; it also gets the blood flowing.

over a year ago

As you know, a purely sexual connection is different. You have read and commented on numerous threads where people have clearly stated that what they look for on fab for a sexual connection is different to what they look for in an outside of fab connection.i can't see the difference we are all sexual beings thats the life process, if a person approaches you straight off the bat sexually you delete them if they did that in a bar you'd slap them so transversely if they approach you in an adult appealing manner you interact the same as you would in the library or on the bus or at the hotel bar, it takes time to get to the act of sex but it really ultimately is never just about sex its about people interacting and how they interact, this is life not a club full of special people although some are more special than others

You can believe that but most people I've spoken to over the years of being on here and reading forum posts on the subject say the opposite and on here play by a totally different ball game in attraction lol so youre saying they would have sex with someone they are not attracted to "

Please read thread because that has never been mentioned, discussions are fantastic but saying things to illicit a reaction just get boring!

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I do find intelligence an attractive quality but it needs to be combined with physical attraction for a winning combination.

over a year ago

"I do find intelligence an attractive quality but it needs to be combined with physical attraction for a winning combination. "

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on that.

Please explain what physical attraction means?

over a year ago

"I do find intelligence an attractive quality but it needs to be combined with physical attraction for a winning combination.

Please explain what physical attraction means? "

It doesn't matter how smart, articulate, witty and well informed you are if I don't also fancy the pants off you.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Oh indeed; One does not date the noetically insalubrious. What, what.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It always has. I'm not so bothered about someone being typically book smart but they need to have a level of depth to them for me to find them attractive. People who are curious, considered and philosophical. Someone I can discuss current topics with who actually has an opinion. Personally I need an element of this for sex to not feel somewhat empty and flat as the people who's mind I fancy as the ones I hunger for the most.

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"Someone suggested that I may be a sapiosexual! So my question to you all is, when was the first time intelligence affected your decision to date someone? "

Always. Intelligence is one of the biggest turn on's! Smart is sexy!

over a year ago

Mate, that is correct. Your wisdom has gone up couple of notches by just commenting on this thread! "

well i shall drag it down and restore balance

over a year ago

So what do they call someone who oly fucks dummys then

over a year ago

"So what do they call someone who oly fucks dummys then "

SSS?

over a year ago

"So what do they call someone who oly fucks dummys then

SSS?"

funny cunt

over a year ago

"So what do they call someone who oly fucks dummys then

SSS? funny cunt "

Couldn’t resist. .

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Someone suggested that I may be a sapiosexual! So my question to you all is, when was the first time intelligence affected your decision to date someone?

Always. Intelligence is one of the biggest turn on's! Smart is sexy! "

Define smart

By *aisy6Woman
over a year ago

bath

If someone is intelligent it’s very hot. However I do agree with above that fucking and dating is different

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"If someone is intelligent it’s very hot. However I do agree with above that fucking and dating is different "

Define intelligence

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"I do find intelligence an attractive quality but it needs to be combined with physical attraction for a winning combination.

Please explain what physical attraction means?

It doesn't matter how smart, articulate, witty and well informed you are if I don't also fancy the pants off you. "

Exactly!!

over a year ago

I tend to be attracted to people on pretty much the same wavelength as me whatever that may be. I don’t meet for just sex so it has never been just about looks for me. Not sure how you define intelligent but if someone can’t string a sentence together or have a decent conversation or have terrible grammar and punctuation they won’t be for me. Intelligence comes in all different forms. There are people on here who purposefully come across as a bit dumb but are in fact very intelligent people.

over a year ago

"I tend to be attracted to people on pretty much the same wavelength as me whatever that may be. I don’t meet for just sex so it has never been just about looks for me. Not sure how you define intelligent but if someone can’t string a sentence together or have a decent conversation or have terrible grammar and punctuation they won’t be for me. Intelligence comes in all different forms. There are people on here who purposefully come across as a bit dumb but are in fact very intelligent people. "
woah woah woah stop giving the game away

over a year ago

"I tend to be attracted to people on pretty much the same wavelength as me whatever that may be. I don’t meet for just sex so it has never been just about looks for me. Not sure how you define intelligent but if someone can’t string a sentence together or have a decent conversation or have terrible grammar and punctuation they won’t be for me. Intelligence comes in all different forms. There are people on here who purposefully come across as a bit dumb but are in fact very intelligent people. woah woah woah stop giving the game away "

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"If someone is intelligent it’s very hot. However I do agree with above that fucking and dating is different "

As you generalize and suggest

Intelligence is hot

I'd suggest charisma is often hot and that can be an expression of intelligence but not necessarily so

I'm sure we could all highlight a particular mathematician who most would term intelligent yet 4 minutes of their time would cause rigamortice

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

The problem with this thread, and countless similar threads, is that it tries to reduce people to just one particular aspect of who they are.

I find different people are attractive for a multitude of reasons and a reductionist approach will not help in analysing any sort of pattern. People are far more complex and wonderful for any of that.

over a year ago

"The problem with this thread, and countless similar threads, is that it tries to reduce people to just one particular aspect of who they are.

I find different people are attractive for a multitude of reasons and a reductionist approach will not help in analysing any sort of pattern. People are far more complex and wonderful for any of that. "

I agree wholeheartedly with that - the main reason for me being on fab is that I know whoever I am lucky enough to meet will be as sexually liberated as I am but I still need to find them attractive and a big part of that is being able to have in depth conversation as well as moments of silliness.

over a year ago

Thick as shit and a big knob will do for me!!

over a year ago

Most ppl who say "I am this" or "I've been told I am that" usually aren't this or that in my experience. HOWEVER, pretentious ppl never say they're pretentious or they've been told they're pretentious oddly enough....

over a year ago

"so is it only intelligent people tbat reply in this thread? "

No, I crept in to add that a sex meet only requires an intelligence level sufficient to hold a brief conversation. Where as a dinner date type meet will be painful if inteligence levels differ.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Intelligence played a big part in my current relationship.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Intelligence played a big part in my current relationship."

Define intelligence

over a year ago

"Most ppl who say "I am this" or "I've been told I am that" usually aren't this or that in my experience. HOWEVER, pretentious ppl never say they're pretentious or they've been told they're pretentious oddly enough.... "

Yes! That’s what I think but couldn’t think how to put it. I agree

over a year ago

It takes a big leap to believe that anyone else on the planet is smarter or better than you. I don't think the majority of ppl are capable of getting there completely.....

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Since always. I enjoy people with whom I can share the joy of learning and exploring.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Since always. I enjoy people with whom I can share the joy of learning and exploring. "

Nice bum

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Most ppl who say "I am this" or "I've been told I am that" usually aren't this or that in my experience. HOWEVER, pretentious ppl never say they're pretentious or they've been told they're pretentious oddly enough.... "

I'm pretentious

over a year ago

"Most ppl who say "I am this" or "I've been told I am that" usually aren't this or that in my experience. HOWEVER, pretentious ppl never say they're pretentious or they've been told they're pretentious oddly enough....

I'm pretentious "

Adorably mischievous maybe....

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Most ppl who say "I am this" or "I've been told I am that" usually aren't this or that in my experience. HOWEVER, pretentious ppl never say they're pretentious or they've been told they're pretentious oddly enough....

I'm pretentious "

Ditto.

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"The art of good conversation; the ability to reads people and situations; understand diverse aspects from a worldly perspective; is fairly fundamental to me, and it's been this way all my life."

over a year ago

I'm pretentious

Ditto. "

Ditt-fucking-O to you too..... ....and no way could you be described as pretentious

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Since always. I enjoy people with whom I can share the joy of learning and exploring.

Nice bum "

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I always insist on IQ test results before arranging a meet. "

I was tested as 95 percentile at 14 along with my gift of dyslexia

over a year ago

For men we like to see a high IQ and a big cock (though lack of the former is not necessairly a deal breaker)

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Being slightly serious, I do think sapiosexual is a bit of a buzzword. Yes, I like people who display curiosity and are open to engaging with a myriad of topics. I enjoy people who can challenge their way of thinking and others and can make me laugh with witty retorts. Similar to Vine though, it's only one small piece of the bigger picture for me though. Attraction is far more nuanced to me than getting wet because someone can recite great soliloquies to me (although if you want to duet with me on the Periodic Table song, get in touch).

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"The problem with this thread, and countless similar threads, is that it tries to reduce people to just one particular aspect of who they are.

I find different people are attractive for a multitude of reasons and a reductionist approach will not help in analysing any sort of pattern. People are far more complex and wonderful for any of that. "

This ^

over a year ago

"Being slightly serious, I do think sapiosexual is a bit of a buzzword. Yes, I like people who display curiosity and are open to engaging with a myriad of topics. I enjoy people who can challenge their way of thinking and others and can make me laugh with witty retorts. Similar to Vine though, it's only one small piece of the bigger picture for me though. Attraction is far more nuanced to me than getting wet because someone can recite great soliloquies to me (although if you want to duet with me on the Periodic Table song, get in touch)."

Helibeb......

Is there a song?

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

Very much so

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Being slightly serious, I do think sapiosexual is a bit of a buzzword. Yes, I like people who display curiosity and are open to engaging with a myriad of topics. I enjoy people who can challenge their way of thinking and others and can make me laugh with witty retorts. Similar to Vine though, it's only one small piece of the bigger picture for me though. Attraction is far more nuanced to me than getting wet because someone can recite great soliloquies to me (although if you want to duet with me on the Periodic Table song, get in touch)."

I agree

Ooooo

Molybdenum

It could get rather hot

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Personally the main label I identify with is demisexual. I've heard people say similar things about that being a buzzword or the latest fad. The thing is I've never really experienced instant physical attraction to anyone or ever fancied a celebrity. I thought I was asexual for a bit in high school. I know some get annoyed at all the new labels but for me it helped me to understand myself better to find a definition I related to in a world where I didn't really relate to a lot of people.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Being slightly serious, I do think sapiosexual is a bit of a buzzword. Yes, I like people who display curiosity and are open to engaging with a myriad of topics. I enjoy people who can challenge their way of thinking and others and can make me laugh with witty retorts. Similar to Vine though, it's only one small piece of the bigger picture for me though. Attraction is far more nuanced to me than getting wet because someone can recite great soliloquies to me (although if you want to duet with me on the Periodic Table song, get in touch).

Helibeb......

Is there a song?"

It's only one of the greatest songs ever!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2cfju6GTNs

over a year ago

"Being slightly serious, I do think sapiosexual is a bit of a buzzword. Yes, I like people who display curiosity and are open to engaging with a myriad of topics. I enjoy people who can challenge their way of thinking and others and can make me laugh with witty retorts. Similar to Vine though, it's only one small piece of the bigger picture for me though. Attraction is far more nuanced to me than getting wet because someone can recite great soliloquies to me (although if you want to duet with me on the Periodic Table song, get in touch).

Helibeb......

Is there a song?

"

It's not evem in order! Thats just dirty!!!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I agree.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Personally the main label I identify with is demisexual. I've heard people say similar things about that being a buzzword or the latest fad. The thing is I've never really experienced instant physical attraction to anyone or ever fancied a celebrity. I thought I was asexual for a bit in high school. I know some get annoyed at all the new labels but for me it helped me to understand myself better to find a definition I related to in a world where I didn't really relate to a lot of people."

I'm not annoyed at the label - far from it. I'm using it as the very literal definition of being a word that gains popularity in a short period of time. Do I think that it's possibly overused at times? Yes. On the other hand I think terms that help you find your tribe are a great thing. I identify as pansexual and fuck knows the derision that term has received. I've also started coming to terms with another label and while I dislike labelling every aspect of me (because I'm more than that etc) it's helping me connect with wonderful people and find resources to understand it fully.

I'm clearly in two minds about it and stream of consciousnessing it!

over a year ago

Helibeb......

Is there a song?

It's not evem in order! Thats just dirty!!! "

Even*

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman
over a year ago

London

It always does. Stupid people are annoying and I cannot be sexually aroused if I am annoyed.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"It always does. Stupid people are annoying and I cannot be sexually aroused if I am annoyed."

Define stupid

over a year ago

London

"It always does. Stupid people are annoying and I cannot be sexually aroused if I am annoyed.

Define stupid"

I do not have to. I just avoid them.

over a year ago

Ive decided i prefer stupid men

Theyre more easily manipulated

Maybe its time to change my username

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"It always does. Stupid people are annoying and I cannot be sexually aroused if I am annoyed.

Define stupid

I do not have to. I just avoid them. "

For the benefit of the thread its reasonable to establish what is considered intelligence and what is not

Unless we are saying they are both arbitrary and subjective

I'll ask again what would you consider stupid

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Ive decided i prefer stupid men

Theyre more easily manipulated

Maybe its time to change my username"

That's unfair I'd suggest most men are easy to manipulate I would not suggest as many are stupid ?

over a year ago

London

Define stupid

For the benefit of the thread its reasonable to establish what is considered intelligence and what is not

I'll ask again what would you consider stupid "

We are not at a police interrogation.

And yes, it is all purely arbitrary and subjective.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 05/11/19 17:47:09]

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Define stupid

I'll ask again what would you consider stupid

We are not at a police interrogation.

And yes, it is all purely arbitrary and subjective."

Its not a police investigation its a debate

And for an informed intelligent articulate debate establishing agreed definition for words used is a way to progress the debate

We are discussing intelligence

Many people define intelligence differently establishing exactly what another means avoids ambiguity and misundertanding

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Sapiosexuals ?? Alexa

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

"Someone suggested that I may be a sapiosexual! So my question to you all is, when was the first time intelligence affected your decision to date someone? "

Fairly sure my decisions on dating women have been based equally on looks and intelligence 50:50.

However ,am also worryingly confident that anyone elses decision to date me ,have a relationship etc were not evaluated using the same ratio

over a year ago

No, I crept in to add that a sex meet only requires an intelligence level sufficient to hold a brief conversation. Where as a dinner date type meet will be painful if inteligence levels differ. "

yes i agree but in my case and it would seem many women's opinions to their is more to life than sex, many want a relationship or liason that includes great sex but coupled with a social interaction and this is what i look for to, i dont meet solely for sex i require to like the person I'm intimate with

over a year ago

Define stupid"

You keep asking that, OP. A dictionary (or Google, for that matter) does an excellent job of defining commonly used words.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

No, I crept in to add that a sex meet only requires an intelligence level sufficient to hold a brief conversation. Whereas a dinner date type meet will be painful if inteligence levels differ. yes i agree but in my case and it would seem many women's opinions to, there is more to life than sex. Many want a relationship or liason that includes great sex but coupled with a social interaction and this is what I also look for, I dont meet solely for sex I require to like the person I'm intimate with "

Fify

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Define stupid

You keep asking that, OP. A dictionary (or Google, for that matter) does an excellent job of defining commonly used words. "

Yes because not many will AGREE on that definition

I struggle to spell am I stupid

I know pi to 10 decimal places intelligent ?

I speak French, intelligent?

I can't write, stupid ?

Often it could be articulated that a person's opinion regarding anothers intelligence or stupidity is not based upon any oed definition rather that the two people sharing an accord on opinions and ideas

She he is clever or stupid because

They agree or disagree

Is knowledge intelligence or reasoning power a blend of both ?

I could suggest if a person is not aware of the

What is intelligence debate and why my question is both necessary and poignant they may not be intelligent enough to participate in such a subtle nuanced debate however that would not be how I'd assess intelligence or compatibility xxxx

over a year ago

Define stupid

You keep asking that, OP. A dictionary (or Google, for that matter) does an excellent job of defining commonly used words. "

I don't remember asking that question!

over a year ago

No, I crept in to add that a sex meet only requires an intelligence level sufficient to hold a brief conversation. Whereas a dinner date type meet will be painful if inteligence levels differ. yes i agree but in my case and it would seem many women's opinions to, there is more to life than sex. Many want a relationship or liason that includes great sex but coupled with a social interaction and this is what I also look for, I dont meet solely for sex I require to like the person I'm intimate with

Fify "

RUAP

over a year ago

Define stupid

You keep asking that, OP. A dictionary (or Google, for that matter) does an excellent job of defining commonly used words.

I don't remember asking that question! "

Mistaken identity; my apologies. SensualTouch was the repeat offender (visually similar profile photos... )

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

From day 1 - when I realised I dont get any pleasure out of having sex with a person who is not on my wave length.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Surely if someone was truly a sapiosexual then gender etc wouldn't be a factor? As it is intelligence that they find arousing?

over a year ago

I’m not familiar with the true definition of sapiosexual and whether I am one; but I know that intelligence has always affected my attraction to a person and decision about whether to date them. In fact it’s a huge part of it.

over a year ago

"I’m not familiar with the true definition of sapiosexual and whether I am one; but I know that intelligence has always affected my attraction to a person and decision about whether to date them. In fact it’s a huge part of it. "

Are you saying I'm smart then my love...?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Surely if someone was truly a sapiosexual then gender etc wouldn't be a factor? As it is intelligence that they find arousing?

"

Actually I think you really do have a point. I am very straight but I have found myself drawn to very intelligent women in the past.

over a year ago

"Surely if someone was truly a sapiosexual then gender etc wouldn't be a factor? As it is intelligence that they find arousing?

Actually I think you really do have a point. I am very straight but I have found myself drawn to very intelligent women in the past. "

Wow, so interesting...

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I’m not familiar with the true definition of sapiosexual and whether I am one; but I know that intelligence has always affected my attraction to a person and decision about whether to date them. In fact it’s a huge part of it. "

Being able to debate with me is important to me. Can't say if I'm intelligent or not tbh. Cause I can be totally dim on occasions but I have bits of paper that say that I have a brain

over a year ago

"I’m not familiar with the true definition of sapiosexual and whether I am one; but I know that intelligence has always affected my attraction to a person and decision about whether to date them. In fact it’s a huge part of it.

Are you saying I'm smart then my love...?"

And sexy. All in one.

Ps. Let’s not hijack anyone else’s thread with the flirting ... we gonna get ourselves in trouble

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Actually I think you really do have a point. I am very straight but I have found myself drawn to very intelligent women in the past. "

That's really interesting, clearly you're drawn to intelligence

over a year ago

"I’m not familiar with the true definition of sapiosexual and whether I am one; but I know that intelligence has always affected my attraction to a person and decision about whether to date them. In fact it’s a huge part of it.

Being able to debate with me is important to me. Can't say if I'm intelligent or not tbh. Cause I can be totally dim on occasions but I have bits of paper that say that I have a brain "

I ca relate. I have 3 uni degrees inc a PhD but I experience horrendously “blonde” moments all the time. Genuinely not sure how I made this far in life

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Actually I think you really do have a point. I am very straight but I have found myself drawn to very intelligent women in the past.

That's really interesting, clearly you're drawn to intelligence"

You know, I think I really am. I am not saying physical attraction is not important and like most people, I have been on a "journey"(Hate that word lol) over the past few years but I have arrived at the conclusion that an intelligent person who is on my wave length, be they male, female or anyhting in between fascinate me and that can spill over into a sort of sexual attraction if that makes sense?

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Being able to debate with me is important to me. Can't say if I'm intelligent or not tbh. Cause I can be totally dim on occasions but I have bits of paper that say that I have a brain

I ca relate. I have 3 uni degrees inc a PhD but I experience horrendously “blonde” moments all the time. Genuinely not sure how I made this far in life "

Snap me too

over a year ago

That's really interesting, clearly you're drawn to intelligenceYou know, I think I really am. I am not saying physical attraction is not important and like most people, I have been on a "journey"(Hate that word lol) over the past few years but I have arrived at the conclusion that an intelligent person who is on my wave length, be they male, female or anyhting in between fascinate me and that can spill over into a sort of sexual attraction if that makes sense?"

It does. Very interesting stuff

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I ca relate. I have 3 uni degrees inc a PhD but I experience horrendously “blonde” moments all the time. Genuinely not sure how I made this far in life "

That is hysterical...

over a year ago

I ca relate. I have 3 uni degrees inc a PhD but I experience horrendously “blonde” moments all the time. Genuinely not sure how I made this far in life

Snap me too "

We are true soul sisters

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

That's really interesting, clearly you're drawn to intelligenceYou know, I think I really am. I am not saying physical attraction is not important and like most people, I have been on a "journey"(Hate that word lol) over the past few years but I have arrived at the conclusion that an intelligent person who is on my wave length, be they male, female or anyhting in between fascinate me and that can spill over into a sort of sexual attraction if that makes sense?"

Yes that totally makes sense to me. Being on the same wavelength is critical to me.

over a year ago

I ca relate. I have 3 uni degrees inc a PhD but I experience horrendously “blonde” moments all the time. Genuinely not sure how I made this far in life That is hysterical... "

More of a curse, really....

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Snap me too

We are true soul sisters "

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

That's really interesting, clearly you're drawn to intelligenceYou know, I think I really am. I am not saying physical attraction is not important and like most people, I have been on a "journey"(Hate that word lol) over the past few years but I have arrived at the conclusion that an intelligent person who is on my wave length, be they male, female or anyhting in between fascinate me and that can spill over into a sort of sexual attraction if that makes sense?

Yes that totally makes sense to me. Being on the same wavelength is critical to me."

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Snap me too

We are true soul sisters "

Haha I'll have to call you Dr now

over a year ago

Snap me too

We are true soul sisters

Haha I'll have to call you Dr now "

Likewise, Doc!

over a year ago

Being able to debate with me is important to me. Can't say if I'm intelligent or not tbh. Cause I can be totally dim on occasions but I have bits of paper that say that I have a brain "

You have an awesome brain!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

You have an awesome brain! "

Thank you, sometimes it's well hidden

over a year ago

Thank you, sometimes it's well hidden"

Always visible to me you gorgeous creature xx

over a year ago

Always visible to me you gorgeous creature xx"

That sounded awful, I meant like a beautiful creature....

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

That sounded awful, I meant like a beautiful creature.... "

It's all good

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Do you spell sapiosexual the same from where you come from?

And verified, what’s the cognitive interpretation of that reality?

over a year ago

I would put sense of humour, mutual respect and kindness above IQ

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

It's all good"

For those identifying as sapiosexual .... how does this ‘intelligence’ manifest itself? A list of post nominals? The ability to converse? To be able to debate current political thinking without tabloid influence? To show empathy? To have the ability to create ‘stuff’ above the standard of peers? To be able to interact socially at all levels? To be up ones own arse? .... I know many people who I deem intelligent but they are, largely, those who are a well rounded in terms of ability though there are those who are magnificent within their niche. I am attracted to attractiveness as I see it, when I see (and experience it) with no preconceived ideas!

By *wingfellowMan
over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

Intelligence is contextual to me, you can be excellent at psychoanalysing people and accommodating their needs through it but lack any form of common sense... equally you can have plenty of common sense but lack the ability to form a well informed decision. I guess the attraction on my part comes from someone’s ability to listen and to take things on board as well as being as open as possible so I can understand them even if through demeanour above their vocabulary.

over a year ago

It's all good

For those identifying as sapiosexual .... how does this ‘intelligence’ manifest itself? A list of post nominals? The ability to converse? To be able to debate current political thinking without tabloid influence? To show empathy? To have the ability to create ‘stuff’ above the standard of peers? To be able to interact socially at all levels? To be up ones own arse? .... I know many people who I deem intelligent but they are, largely, those who are a well rounded in terms of ability though there are those who are magnificent within their niche. I am attracted to attractiveness as I see it, when I see (and experience it) with no preconceived ideas! "

I’m not sure why you quoted me here in this comment as I did quite clearly say I *don’t* identify as sapiosexual because I don’t know enough about the definition to know one way or another. However intelligence is a huge part of my attraction to a person and I define this in a number of ways, mostly in terms of social and emotional intelligence, but not in a preconceived way. Also, “being up their own arse” is to me a complete turn off, and in no way indicative of intelligence. In fact, I see it as the opposite. I suppose you get a hint of whether you’re intellectually on the same wave length as someone from the way they put themselves across in a message on here, but an interaction in person obviously reveals so much more about a person ...

over a year ago

It's all good

For those identifying as sapiosexual .... how does this ‘intelligence’ manifest itself? A list of post nominals? The ability to converse? To be able to debate current political thinking without tabloid influence? To show empathy? To have the ability to create ‘stuff’ above the standard of peers? To be able to interact socially at all levels? To be up ones own arse? .... I know many people who I deem intelligent but they are, largely, those who are a well rounded in terms of ability though there are those who are magnificent within their niche. I am attracted to attractiveness as I see it, when I see (and experience it) with no preconceived ideas!

I’m not sure why you quoted me here in this comment as I did quite clearly say I *don’t* identify as sapiosexual because I don’t know enough about the definition to know one way or another. However intelligence is a huge part of my attraction to a person and I define this in a number of ways, mostly in terms of social and emotional intelligence, but not in a preconceived way. Also, “being up their own arse” is to me a complete turn off, and in no way indicative of intelligence. In fact, I see it as the opposite. I suppose you get a hint of whether you’re intellectually on the same wave length as someone from the way they put themselves across in a message on here, but an interaction in person obviously reveals so much more about a person ... "

i quote you cos youre a sexy woman

over a year ago

I may appreciate good looks but that won't go anywhere on its own. I've found amazing chemistry on here with people where the photos came way down the line and frankly it didn't matter; the pic was purely for identification purposes."

This i need to be able to connect more than the looks i like to have conversation as well as great sex, too many think if they look good thats enough, but in reality awkward silences just make a meet uncomfortable and weird once the sex is over and it (in my experience) has been unfulfilling, so i prefer someone with a bit up top about them

over a year ago

I can be heavily attracted to someone who I can talk to about the geopolitical climate of the Chinese regime or someone who can banter on about south park or just be attracted for no other good reason but a nice smile.

Intelligence, like perfection, is perceived. Don't limit yourself to convenient molds to justify your cravings.

over a year ago

If I was as smart, clever and attractive as I would like to think I am, I wonder if I would still be here? Going for a lie down now as my heads beginning to hurt

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I wouldn't say I was a sapiosexual, but there have definitely been occasions when I have enjoyed chatting with people and having discussions on a multitude of subjects, but declined a meet because there was no physical attraction.

Conversely, I have also declined meets with people that I found extremely attractive physically, but who I didn't feel were on the same wavelength with regards to vocabulary and communication.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Conversely, I have also declined meets with people that I found extremely attractive physically, but who I didn't feel were on the same wavelength with regards to vocabulary and communication."

You're such a snob Lily.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I don't deny that there are people who find intelligence attractive and prize it higher than other attributes. I also think that it can be used as a slightly arrogant term to convey that the user considers themselves better than others. As a result I'm mildly wary of those that call themselves one.

Personally I do find intelligence attractive, it's only one aspect that I look for though.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I wouldn't say I was a sapiosexual, but there have definitely been occasions when I have enjoyed chatting with people and having discussions on a multitude of subjects, but declined a meet because there was no physical attraction.

Conversely, I have also declined meets with people that I found extremely attractive physically, but who I didn't feel were on the same wavelength with regards to vocabulary and communication."

I think you make my point beautifully

It's not intelligence per se it is wavelength or rapport

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't deny that there are people who find intelligence attractive and prize it higher than other attributes. I also think that it can be used as a slightly arrogant term to convey that the user considers themselves better than others. As a result I'm mildly wary of those that call themselves one.

Personally I do find intelligence attractive, it's only one aspect that I look for though. "

Agreed. The whole thing makes me cringe a bit, even though yes, it probably does describe me.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"You're such a snob Lily. "

Oh I know, but I have big boobs so people tend to ignore my less attractive traits

By *ettyboop61Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

For me good conversation and intelligence and of course have to fancy them too before anything happens

By *rank speakerMan
over a year ago

Worcester

Thank heavens it's not just about looks! Or I'd be sunk! I'm not ugly by any means, but a little past my best. However I can hold a decent conversation and be reasonably entertaining which means that luckily I do get some meets! Also I've found dogged persistence pays off.. NOT stalking. but hopefully building a little rapport via some lighthearted chats over a period of time. Which seems to work at least initially to establish a level of compatability and common interests? As I tend to prefer swinging 'relationships'you have to have some compatability out of bed as well as in? I'm looking forward to some ongoing fun with a new lady friend I've just made from outside of the scene

One club trip to date and things are looking promising so far!!!

By *rank speakerMan
over a year ago

Worcester

Is it really?

Not for me it isn’t. Dating has to grow from something doesn’t it? I appreciate all intelligences in people. I’m not too keen on IQ as it’s bollocks, but do like a man/woman with practical, emotional, social and/or intercultural intelligence "

So why aren't you talking to me??????????

over a year ago

For me intelligence Is a big turn on. If you know something of literature, art, politics, science then I'm going to enjoy your company and I hope you are going to enjoy mine.

Post new Message to Thread