Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Facebook friends

Jump to newest

By *riverone OP   Man
over a year ago

Hyde

Having had another friend sadly pass away is it right to keep them as a friend on Facebook or do I delete them which feels wrong too

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Having had another friend sadly pass away is it right to keep them as a friend on Facebook or do I delete them which feels wrong too "

I kept mine. Knew her for over 20 years.

over a year ago

I kept mine...when I still used fb. Their families used to post around birthday and anniversary of passing and it was touching...

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

I still have 2 FB friends who have passed away. As part of a group of friends we find reading & posting still to their pages have helped their families to keep in contact with people who loved them & have memories & experiences they love to hear about.

By *riverone OP   Man
over a year ago

Hyde

I have 4 now from my school year alone (I am only 42) but beginning to wonder if at some point (if I survive) I'll have a full friend's list of people that no longer are

By *ants cockWoman
over a year ago

lincoln

"Having had another friend sadly pass away is it right to keep them as a friend on Facebook or do I delete them which feels wrong too "

I would keep as you can not un change this. An years down the line it’s nice to have the memories pop up. I recreated deleting one of mine. But it was also too painful at the time to have his page keep popping up. Now I’ve wrote that . I can’t say. Guess it depends on your relationship with them etc . Sorry for your loss

over a year ago

I've still got my uncle and mum on mine there's photos of them in there which I don't have paper copys of so won't be deleting them

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

I've kept my deceased friend on my FB because, personally, I don't have any urge to delete her and also I wouldn't want her family to be offended in any way by me deleting her. If they wanted to close her FB page down then that's their decision, until then she'll stay on my friend list.

Katie.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"I've kept my deceased friend on my FB because, personally, I don't have any urge to delete her and also I wouldn't want her family to be offended in any way by me deleting her. If they wanted to close her FB page down then that's their decision, until then she'll stay on my friend list.

Katie."

If they contact Facebook it is turned into a memorial page.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I stayed friends. I like to look through his pictures occassionally. It's nice to remember the good times.

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"I've kept my deceased friend on my FB because, personally, I don't have any urge to delete her and also I wouldn't want her family to be offended in any way by me deleting her. If they wanted to close her FB page down then that's their decision, until then she'll stay on my friend list.

Katie.If they contact Facebook it is turned into a memorial page."

Or they can have it closed because they have the password. It's their choice. At the moment it's as she left it and it's been a couple of years since she died.

over a year ago

I still have my late dad's text messages on my phone, he passed nearly 4 years ago.

I can't and don't want to delete them.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I keep them as friends, same with phone numbers, it feels wrong to delete them

over a year ago

"I keep them as friends, same with phone numbers, it feels wrong to delete them "
i've sent texts telling them about my day

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Katie.If they contact Facebook it is turned into a memorial page.

Or they can have it closed because they have the password. It's their choice. At the moment it's as she left it and it's been a couple of years since she died."

Ah right.

over a year ago

I keep mine and still post happy heavenly birthday on their timeline each year

Gbnf

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"I have 4 now from my school year alone (I am only 42) but beginning to wonder if at some point (if I survive) I'll have a full friend's list of people that no longer are"

Happened my Grandad, he had a shoebox full of mass cards of all his friends who died. When he died there wasn't 1 single person from the area he lived in for 80 years that turned up to the church, just his direct family.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

I have three FB friends who are no longer with us.

Their pages are often posted to with a news update, something funny we all know they'd laugh at or a piece of music they'd love.

Plus of course birthdays and anniversarys and their "leaving" date.

I have no wish to lose these links.

By *osie xWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"I keep them as friends, same with phone numbers, it feels wrong to delete them i've sent texts telling them about my day "

I’ve done this too to my dad

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I lost several a few years ago.

They may not be with us anymore, but they're still my friends.

Birthdays, Christmas, special memory days - Timehop reminders.

I look back on our happy days together

Post new Message to Thread