Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you eat your Fish and Chips

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How do you like them?

With a wooden fork, fingers or a knife and fork.

In the box/paper or on a plate.

What do you have with them?

I'm on a plate with pea fritters, salt, vinegar, ketchup and salad cream.

Do you have a special day for them? Is it only Fish on Friday?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If at home on a plate with knife and fork. If on the beach, however it comes with a wooden fork and fingers

Fuzz

over a year ago

Lots of salt vinegar scrapps bit of curry sauce tea cake fish first then scraps then chips to pick at if still houngry but its got nothing on fried rice sandwiches

over a year ago

On a bench out of the paper, salt and vinegar.

The best

Can only be improved upon if in Southwold having a pint of Adnams

over a year ago

"Lots of salt vinegar scrapps bit of curry sauce tea cake fish first then scraps then chips to pick at if still houngry but its got nothing on fried rice sandwiches "

Oh I forgot about the scraps, they are lovely if not bloody fattening!

over a year ago

Straight out of the paper wrapper eating them by the sea somehow always seems the nicest to me.

I'm two hours from the nearest coastline, so usually eat them in the boring way, on a plate, at home with tomato sauce.

over a year ago

"Straight out of the paper wrapper eating them by the sea somehow always seems the nicest to me.

I'm two hours from the nearest coastline, so usually eat them in the boring way, on a plate, at home with tomato sauce. "

I think they do taste better out of the paper and sat by the sea. I miss that, I moved from the seaside 20 yrs ago.

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh the days when Fish n Chips were handed to you wrapped in newspaper . . . Then came the downfall of Western Civilisation . . . The EU banned it

over a year ago

"How do you like them?

I put them in my mouth chew and swallow works for me

"

over a year ago

"Oh the days when Fish n Chips were handed to you wrapped in newspaper . . . Then came the downfall of Western Civilisation . . . The EU banned it "

I'd decided to only be silly in the forum. But I have to respond to this. The EU did not ban that. The UK government banned it under the 1990 food safety act.

over a year ago

"Lots of salt vinegar scrapps bit of curry sauce tea cake fish first then scraps then chips to pick at if still houngry but its got nothing on fried rice sandwiches

Oh I forgot about the scraps, they are lovely if not bloody fattening!"

give it an hour then marathon sex will fix that

over a year ago

On the tray, with mushy peas and lots of vinegar and salt, but only with a few chips. X

By *illy999TV/TS
over a year ago

Taunton

[Removed by poster at 30/10/19 13:34:34]

By *illy999TV/TS
over a year ago

Taunton

Out of whatever they're wrapped in, S&V essential , door open on the mota & by the sea .

My preference would be the daily fail as "the wrap" , when finished I could wipe my hands & place in the nearest rubbish bin .

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

I go to the coast every Friday to one of the best fish restaurants, around. They serve you whoppers,. I have the haddock special every week. That includes, a, glass of wine,

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Ideally,eaten out of the paper,by the sea, with my fingers, sharing with my kid and avoiding marauding seagulls.

Loads of salt and vinegar, on the chips, not the seagulls

over a year ago

"I go to the coast every Friday to one of the best fish restaurants, around. They serve you whoppers,. I have the haddock special every week. That includes, a, glass of wine, "

That sounds so civilised, I never drink wine with my F&C. I wish we had a dedicated fish and chip restaurant around here but we don't. I'm not a big fan of Haddock though, it has to be Cod.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

On a plate plenty of vinegar

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Oh the days when Fish n Chips were handed to you wrapped in newspaper . . . Then came the downfall of Western Civilisation . . . The EU banned it

I'd decided to only be silly in the forum. But I have to respond to this. The EU did not ban that. The UK government banned it under the 1990 food safety act."

Correct me if I'm wrong but that food safety act was based on closer alignment with the existing EU regulations.

over a year ago

"Oh the days when Fish n Chips were handed to you wrapped in newspaper . . . Then came the downfall of Western Civilisation . . . The EU banned it

I'd decided to only be silly in the forum. But I have to respond to this. The EU did not ban that. The UK government banned it under the 1990 food safety act.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that food safety act was based on closer alignment with the existing EU regulations. "

Not as far as I'm aware.

over a year ago

Back to the OP. Vinegar. Vinegar galore!

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"I go to the coast every Friday to one of the best fish restaurants, around. They serve you whoppers,. I have the haddock special every week. That includes, a, glass of wine,

That sounds so civilised, I never drink wine with my F&C. I wish we had a dedicated fish and chip restaurant around here but we don't. I'm not a big fan of Haddock though, it has to be Cod."

I tried the cod.. Not a patch on the haddock. There is, a, queue every Friday at this restaurant. I've got my table booked

over a year ago

"Lots of salt vinegar scrapps bit of curry sauce tea cake fish first then scraps then chips to pick at if still houngry but its got nothing on fried rice sandwiches

Oh I forgot about the scraps, they are lovely if not bloody fattening!"

What are scraps?

Outside, with fingers and out of the paper is definitely the best. But at home, on a plate with ketchup and some chippy pickles.

over a year ago

I eat mine with a fork and loads of salt and vinegar. I like some mushy peas and a can of on the side too.

over a year ago

Fingers outta newspaper..garjass

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"How do you like them?

"

I struggle to eat them unless I have a sauce with them

So it’s curry sauce with it now I’m afraid

over a year ago

In the cake hole innit....

.....not a fan of the fish tbh, but I'll pinch anyones chips.....

over a year ago

At home on a plate with ketchup. Outside, from newspaper or box and use my fingers with ketchup too. Yum, yum

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

Showing my age but I do actually remember them wrapped in newspapers lol not sure it would pass heath and safety now

over a year ago

Oh I forgot about the scraps, they are lovely if not bloody fattening!

What are scraps?

Outside, with fingers and out of the paper is definitely the best. But at home, on a plate with ketchup and some chippy pickles. "

Scraps are basically the bits of batter that have fallen off from the fish in the deep fat fryer and, apparently, ever since the dawn of time, they've been available free to anyone who asked for them.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

With me mouth

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

My favourite way is a childhood memory.... my Grandad used to cut a cob loaf in half, hollow out the middle and fill it with fish and chips, great easy way to eat a fish supper out and about.

Plus the excess bread kept the seagulls at bay

over a year ago

"With me mouth "

Do you bury your head in the plate like an animal would or are you being facetious??

Post new Message to Thread