Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Social meet verifications

Jump to newest

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Had this conversation with a couple of friends recently and wonder where you stand?!?

We all know there are people on here with an unhealthy interest in what others do...

So taking sex out of it..

Do you show verifications from social meets?

Are you of the ‘sod the haters’ mindset it’s my journey and I’ll do it how I like?

Or do you deliberately hide everything because there are people who love to stir?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sod the haters and show them all

Reply privately

By *omesticated_VixenWoman
over a year ago

sw London

It is each to their own - their profile they can have what they want on it

Reply privately

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I like my social meet veris. The only way I won't show a veri is if it has my real name in it. You can't please everyone so I'm pleasing myself. They are nice to read back and remind myself of that day x

Reply privately

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

I do it my way. No one knows what has or hasn’t happened/is happening but me and the other person.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it bothers anyone what others think in relation to their verifications, then the best course of action is not to display them

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I've currently got my social verifications on show from the Birmingham social last week. I'll probably hide them soon though, just because I dislike giving people the veri trail to follow.

I find that veris are used by others for all sorts of reasons, usually to measure themselves against others that you've met or to nose about who you've met. Personally I don't want to play either game.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Had this conversation with a couple of friends recently and wonder where you stand?!?

We all know there are people on here with an unhealthy interest in what others do...

Are you of the ‘sod the haters’ mindset it’s my journey and I’ll do it how I like?

Or do you deliberately hide everything because there are people who love to stir?

"

veris equal bragging and bragging equals trouble social veris are fine but best to keep what you do and who you meet to yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've currently got my social verifications on show from the Birmingham social last week. I'll probably hide them soon though, just because I dislike giving people the veri trail to follow.

I find that veris are used by others for all sorts of reasons, usually to measure themselves against others that you've met or to nose about who you've met. Personally I don't want to play either game. "

this for me.

I unhide sometimes or to show others but some go down the ‘rabbit-hole’ with Verifications and jealous etc occurs

I don’t like drama

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I've currently got my social verifications on show from the Birmingham social last week. I'll probably hide them soon though, just because I dislike giving people the veri trail to follow.

I find that veris are used by others for all sorts of reasons, usually to measure themselves against others that you've met or to nose about who you've met. Personally I don't want to play either game. "

Is it a game when it’s only the other person playing?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You do what you want its your profile!

It may make some people avoid you but did you really want to meet that sort of person anyway? NO!

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I like my social meet veris. The only way I won't show a veri is if it has my real name in it. You can't please everyone so I'm pleasing myself. They are nice to read back and remind myself of that day x"

I love reading social veris as long as they’re not graphic sex ones I think they’re lovely x

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"You do what you want its your profile!

It may make some people avoid you but did you really want to meet that sort of person anyway? NO! "

That’s my take too. But it’s funny how people are making decisions based on wanting to avoid drama rather than just because they don’t want to...

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I find that veris are used by others for all sorts of reasons, usually to measure themselves against others that you've met or to nose about who you've met. Personally I don't want to play either game.

this for me.

I unhide sometimes or to show others but some go down the ‘rabbit-hole’ with Verifications and jealous etc occurs

I don’t like drama "

But are the drama causers friends or potential meets?

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Is it a game when it’s only the other person playing? "

It's my ball that they're using, so I'm putting it away.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Had this conversation with a couple of friends recently and wonder where you stand?!?

veris equal bragging and bragging equals trouble social veris are fine but best to keep what you do and who you meet to yourself "

Which is great if you do that for you.. but I’m wondering how many do that for fear of others...

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

It's my ball that they're using, so I'm putting it away. "

Ha ha so it’s avoiding others rather than just because you don’t want to?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It may make some people avoid you but did you really want to meet that sort of person anyway? NO!

That’s my take too. But it’s funny how people are making decisions based on wanting to avoid drama rather than just because they don’t want to..."

Thats how people have bad meets in general hidden comparability issues come up when meeting in person. I am always 100% clear I keep my hat on in bed but its a drama too far for some.

Reply privately

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Yes. I've attended a few social evenings (in my previous membership)

can't see why they hurt showing them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

this for me.

I don’t like drama

But are the drama causers friends or potential meets? "

I find SM are the worse. It’s a swinging site

So potential meets and repeat meets when they see veris can cause drama. Hence, I often hide because I don’t want to play those games.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

this for me.

I don’t like drama

But are the drama causers friends or potential meets? "

Usually it's neither, the ones causing the drama are often third parties who are keeping tabs on people they want to meet, have met or have just taken a dislike to. Idle gossip can be a nasty and vicious thing at times.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hide everything because that's how I am. I usually feel guilty after a social when I've met nice people and they've given me veris but I just want to hide them.

I don't know about people stirring. If they like drama that's cool.

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I used to show them but I know prefer to keep them private. It’s between me and who I meet with.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

this for me.

I don’t like drama

Usually it's neither, the ones causing the drama are often third parties who are keeping tabs on people they want to meet, have met or have just taken a dislike to. Idle gossip can be a nasty and vicious thing at times. "

That’s my point.. are irrelevant people affecting how you use fab?

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I used to show them but I know prefer to keep them private. It’s between me and who I meet with. "

Because of trouble or just because that’s how you prefer it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That’s my take too. But it’s funny how people are making decisions based on wanting to avoid drama rather than just because they don’t want to..."

Why is it funny if they want to avoid drama? Some people want a quiet life. Some people want everyone to know their business. Some people post their business online but complain their business is private.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Ha ha so it’s avoiding others rather than just because you don’t want to?"

If people behaved with respect and not with possessiveness or jealousy then that might be a different matter, so often though, drama is caused by meeting people or people looking at who you've met and making assumptions.

I think I'd rather keep who I'm meeting between myself and who I meet. It's simpler and nicer that way.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I show some, don't show the majority. It's for a myriad of reasons really - I'm all too aware of how people can talk about them and react about them but also sometimes I just don't want to.

I tend to not give much weight to idle gossip or veris; I've had times where person X has said "oh but person Y said person Z was crap in bed" and I don't readily believe it.

Veris don't always accurately reflect a situation either; the only people who truly know what's going on is the person verifying and the verification receiver.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't display any. No one's business who I've met and what for.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I hide everything because that's how I am. I usually feel guilty after a social when I've met nice people and they've given me veris but I just want to hide them.

I don't know about people stirring. If they like drama that's cool. "

Yeah I get that. I’m wondering how the stirrers affect others. They’re not people I associate with so to me their opinion is worthless.

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Most of ours are from socials either group ones or on/ones.

Fuck what everyone else does or thinks..

They mean very little anyway tbh, if there's only one or two do some homework as some don't even mean you actually exist in real life!

S

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I show some, don't show the majority. It's for a myriad of reasons really - I'm all too aware of how people can talk about them and react about them but also sometimes I just don't want to.

I tend to not give much weight to idle gossip or veris; I've had times where person X has said "oh but person Y said person Z was crap in bed" and I don't readily believe it.

Veris don't always accurately reflect a situation either; the only people who truly know what's going on is the person verifying and the verification receiver."

Yup.. agreed. Nobody knows the dynamics between 2 people and that varies dramatically! I wonder how many people are using the site as they wish as opposed to being affected by how others behave...

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I hide mine because I don't want anyone else to read about my meets, they are private to me.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Ha ha so it’s avoiding others rather than just because you don’t want to?

If people behaved with respect and not with possessiveness or jealousy then that might be a different matter, so often though, drama is caused by meeting people or people looking at who you've met and making assumptions.

I think I'd rather keep who I'm meeting between myself and who I meet. It's simpler and nicer that way. "

Agreed. So you are affected by those around you..

Reply privately

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Is it a game when it’s only the other person playing? "

Exactly! I'm not into games, let the haters hate. Not my issue so I'll show what I want and if people dont like it then they dont have to read it

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Most of ours are from socials either group ones or on/ones.

They mean very little anyway tbh, if there's only one or two do some homework as some don't even mean you actually exist in real life!

S"

Mine are social too always intrigues me how our experiences are affected by those we don’t even know..

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Exactly! I'm not into games, let the haters hate. Not my issue so I'll show what I want and if people dont like it then they dont have to read it "

I kinda feel if everyone behaves differently because of the behaviour of others then somehow the haters win!!

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

" Veris don't always accurately reflect a situation either; the only people who truly know what's going on is the person verifying and the verification receiver.

Yup.. agreed. Nobody knows the dynamics between 2 people and that varies dramatically! I wonder how many people are using the site as they wish as opposed to being affected by how others behave..."

I do think it takes a particular rare sort to want to make up their own mind about a person. It's human nature, to some extent, to listen to what others say about another, critically thinking about why is different.

People talk and that's undeniable. And sometimes it does get to you because fuck knows people can be twunts. I think I'm getting to the point where I've been on the site for a loooong time and now just think fuck it. I'll do me (not setting out to hurt others but also not not being true to me).

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Exactly! I'm not into games, let the haters hate. Not my issue so I'll show what I want and if people dont like it then they dont have to read it

I kinda feel if everyone behaves differently because of the behaviour of others then somehow the haters win!! "

I see your point, it's not just the haters though.

I firmly believe that a verification is just to show that you're real, that you're as you say and that's it. Everything else is a matter of opinion.

Much as they're flattering and really nice, I'm not going to have the same experience with the next person so they're kind of irrelevant to other people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't even bother getting or giving veris unless they really want one. I don't show them anyway. I've found it's easier to just keep things private.

Reply privately

By *he James gangCouple
over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

We'd like the option of a separate colour for social meets and play meets, as your verifications can soon add up with socials in the mix. Some people who only glance at verifications and don't make a difference, think you're hardened swingers and it puts them off. Which leads to another question, what is a hardened swinger? Any views on that score? To some it maybe loads of verifications, to others, a different reason.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"

I'll put what I want on my profile and if people don't like it they can feck off lol.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

" Veris don't always accurately reflect a situation either; the only people who truly know what's going on is the person verifying and the verification receiver.

Yup.. agreed. Nobody knows the dynamics between 2 people and that varies dramatically! I wonder how many people are using the site as they wish as opposed to being affected by how others behave...

I do think it takes a particular rare sort to want to make up their own mind about a person. It's human nature, to some extent, to listen to what others say about another, critically thinking about why is different.

People talk and that's undeniable. And sometimes it does get to you because fuck knows people can be twunts. I think I'm getting to the point where I've been on the site for a loooong time and now just think fuck it. I'll do me (not setting out to hurt others but also not not being true to me)."

It’s a really sad state of affairs when stuff like this is an issue because of others. Maybe I’m too much of an idealist but I sometimes think we are letting the nasties win by even thinking about how we should behave.

People who pm warning others about members that are nothing to do with them really need to take a good look at themselves.

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I used to show my veris in their entirety, but after a few messages from individuals ‘putting down’ the people I’d chosen to meet; and another throwing their toys out of the pram, I now hide them.

I will now only show a veri if I choose to, whether social or not, out of respect to that individual but only for a couple of days. If they choose to show my veri that is entirely up to them.

I explain this to anyone I meet now, for some we choose not to veri each over at all.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I kinda feel if everyone behaves differently because of the behaviour of others then somehow the haters win!!

I see your point, it's not just the haters though.

I firmly believe that a verification is just to show that you're real, that you're as you say and that's it. Everything else is a matter of opinion.

Much as they're flattering and really nice, I'm not going to have the same experience with the next person so they're kind of irrelevant to other people.

"

Yes.. and they’re also a bit of fun.. yet the fun seems to be missing for many.

Reply privately

By *he James gangCouple
over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

To add another point, maybe verifications should only be given if they're real and have met. Out of politeness, we've given verifications to some who don't deserve them ie shit at sex lol

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I used to show my veris in their entirety, but after a few messages from individuals ‘putting down’ the people I’d chosen to meet; and another throwing their toys out of the pram, I now hide them.

I will now only show a veri if I choose to, whether social or not, out of respect to that individual but only for a couple of days. If they choose to show my veri that is entirely up to them.

I explain this to anyone I meet now, for some we choose not to veri each over at all. "

What kind of people actually message to comment on another person?!? That’s just pathetic.. think I’m more of the mindset that this kind of behaviour is going unchallenged at the expense of others fun.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I don't even bother getting or giving veris unless they really want one. I don't show them anyway. I've found it's easier to just keep things private."

Is that because you just prefer that or because of negative experience?

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"I used to show them but I know prefer to keep them private. It’s between me and who I meet with.

Because of trouble or just because that’s how you prefer it? "

I did have a bit of trouble, which made me reflect on them. And in conclusion I just think some things are better left private.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I used to show my veris in their entirety, but after a few messages from individuals ‘putting down’ the people I’d chosen to meet; and another throwing their toys out of the pram, I now hide them.

I explain this to anyone I meet now, for some we choose not to veri each over at all.

What kind of people actually message to comment on another person?!? That’s just pathetic.. think I’m more of the mindset that this kind of behaviour is going unchallenged at the expense of others fun."

These people are clearly after attention, ignoring them hurts far more than confronting them.

Reply privately

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I had someone message a guy I'd verified calling me all sorts of things. He showed me the messages. I think it's sad that others go out their way to do that. Life's too fecking short x

Reply privately

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Group social veris, are displayed. Threads for those are on the forum, so it's already public who attends.

But I rarely give, a veri from a 1:1 social, and I don't display them if I receive them either.

Too many people on here use veris as a points scoring system, to have subtle digs, and play games

I left that shit behind at playschool

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I used to show them but I know prefer to keep them private. It’s between me and who I meet with.

I did have a bit of trouble, which made me reflect on them. And in conclusion I just think some things are better left private. "

That’s ridiculous!! Maybe I’m just frustrated that those causing trouble get away with it and affect what should be a fun experience.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I had someone message a guy I'd verified calling me all sorts of things. He showed me the messages. I think it's sad that others go out their way to do that. Life's too fecking short x"

It's happened to me too, it's pathetic but I just try to ignore it.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Group social veris, are displayed. Threads for those are on the forum, so it's already public who attends.

But I rarely give, a veri from a 1:1 social, and I don't display them if I receive them either.

Too many people on here use veris as a points scoring system, to have subtle digs, and play games

I left that shit behind at playschool "

It’s really sad that people have nothing better to do than this.. I kinda feel like they’re winning with the amount of people who have to overthink this!

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

What kind of people actually message to comment on another person?!? That’s just pathetic.. think I’m more of the mindset that this kind of behaviour is going unchallenged at the expense of others fun."

Oh you’d be surprised, or maybe not, the amount of people that comment on others that they haven’t met.

The first message I received like that, they also instant blocked, so I couldn’t respond, I still reported them

People can try and put you off individuals, but I make up my own mind and decide who I meet, no-one else

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We'd like the option of a separate colour for social meets and play meets, as your verifications can soon add up with socials in the mix. Some people who only glance at verifications and don't make a difference, think you're hardened swingers and it puts them off. Which leads to another question, what is a hardened swinger? Any views on that score? To some it maybe loads of verifications, to others, a different reason."

Someone with 4 veris could be a hardened swinger. They may meet in clubs every night and be on 16 other sex sites.

Someone with 350 veris could have 349 social veris and only fucked 1 person.

If your profile or veris put them off it just means you're not compatible, not that you're a bad person/ people.

I won't meet people with more than 4 veris on their profile.

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I did have a bit of trouble, which made me reflect on them. And in conclusion I just think some things are better left private.

That’s ridiculous!! Maybe I’m just frustrated that those causing trouble get away with it and affect what should be a fun experience."

I don’t hide them to avoid trouble. I really don’t care about what the haters think. I just think some things are nobody else’s business.

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

yeah mostly I sod the haters.. only take issue when people seem to think its okay to message verifications to stir

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't even bother getting or giving veris unless they really want one. I don't show them anyway. I've found it's easier to just keep things private.

Is that because you just prefer that or because of negative experience? "

No majorly bad experiences. I've had some digs when they used to be on show - about the person or when I've chose to meet them, if I've had another chat going on at the same time.

It's just a kind of odd concept, if I met someone on Tinder or in a pub we wouldn't review each other publicly. I get their original purpose for proving someone is real, but I'll meet someone without any no problem. I can figure out myself if they're for real. I still find it quite fun reading other people's

Reply privately

over a year ago

veris equal bragging and bragging equals trouble social veris are fine but best to keep what you do and who you meet to yourself

Which is great if you do that for you.. but I’m wondering how many do that for fear of others..."

well its my feeling on it but having associated and chatted with many women who have been involved in negativity associated with veris and people theyve met or are about to meet i think others could learn from it, couples as a rule dont care about others visiting their unit they have each other but single men and women can suffer from the negative vibes of the showing off aspect of play veris and status updates, meet by all means but keep it to yourself its safer

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

What kind of people actually message to comment on another person?!? That’s just pathetic.. think I’m more of the mindset that this kind of behaviour is going unchallenged at the expense of others fun.

Oh you’d be surprised, or maybe not, the amount of people that comment on others that they haven’t met.

The first message I received like that, they also instant blocked, so I couldn’t respond, I still reported them

People can try and put you off individuals, but I make up my own mind and decide who I meet, no-one else

"

It’s mental!! Genuinely shocked at some of the stuff I’ve witnessed recently. Don’t get how people invest so much time and energy into others they’ve never even met!

Reply privately

over a year ago

this for me.

I don’t like drama

I find SM are the worse. It’s a swinging site

So potential meets and repeat meets when they see veris can cause drama. Hence, I often hide because I don’t want to play those games. "

Exactly some don't like what you have on your shopping list, or to see what they've been sampling. We should all be free to do as we please.

Reply privately

By *-sas-sinWoman
over a year ago

Arse end of the universe

I was asked to unhide mine so a person could see them, stupidly I did and then they contacted people off my veris to ask about me.

I found that stalkerish for one but pretty offensive as well.

So they remain hidden now.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Which is great if you do that for you.. but I’m wondering how many do that for fear of others...well its my feeling on it but having associated and chatted with many women who have been involved in negativity associated with veris and people theyve met or are about to meet i think others could learn from it, couples as a rule dont care about others visiting their unit they have each other but single men and women can suffer from the negative vibes of the showing off aspect of play veris and status updates, meet by all means but keep it to yourself its safer "

Get the whole self preservation thing. Just think it’s sad people have to on something that’s so irrelevant to anyone else.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I was asked to unhide mine so a person could see them, stupidly I did and then they contacted people off my veris to ask about me.

So they remain hidden now."

Bloody hell thats crazy!! Some people are really odd..

Reply privately

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I dont really care one way or the other to be honest. I meet so few people I'm sure no ones that interested. It's a forum situation more than a fab one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

Reported them for what reason?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which is great if you do that for you.. but I’m wondering how many do that for fear of others...well its my feeling on it but having associated and chatted with many women who have been involved in negativity associated with veris and people theyve met or are about to meet i think others could learn from it, couples as a rule dont care about others visiting their unit they have each other but single men and women can suffer from the negative vibes of the showing off aspect of play veris and status updates, meet by all means but keep it to yourself its safer

Get the whole self preservation thing. Just think it’s sad people have to on something that’s so irrelevant to anyone else."

it is sad but the green eyed monster is a life thing you can't get around the fact it exists so why deny it just stifle it, dont brag

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I don't even bother getting or giving veris unless they really want one. I don't show them anyway. I've found it's easier to just keep things private.

Is that because you just prefer that or because of negative experience?

No majorly bad experiences. I've had some digs when they used to be on show - about the person or when I've chose to meet them, if I've had another chat going on at the same time.

"

Yeah, I've been told off for meeting someone when I'm not meeting anyone. The reality is they don't even know how many I have been.

Reply privately

By *-sas-sinWoman
over a year ago

Arse end of the universe

"I was asked to unhide mine so a person could see them, stupidly I did and then they contacted people off my veris to ask about me.

Bloody hell thats crazy!! Some people are really odd.. "

I know, fortunately a friend got in touch and made me aware they had been contacted, he wasnt very impressed with them for doing it either....just made me rethink them all together.

Reply privately

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I had someone message a guy I'd verified calling me all sorts of things. He showed me the messages. I think it's sad that others go out their way to do that. Life's too fecking short x

It's happened to me too, it's pathetic but I just try to ignore it. "

I ignore now. At the time it bothered me. I genuinely found it baffling as to why she was doing it x

Reply privately

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

I usually keep the social meet veri’s up for a week or two after the social then hide them. But then again sometimes we show all our veri’s and sometimes we hide them all. It all depends what mood I’m in!

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Which is great if you do that for you.. but I’m wondering how many do that for fear of others...well its my feeling on it but having associated and chatted with many women who have been involved in negativity associated with veris and people theyve met or are about to meet i think others could learn from it, couples as a rule dont care about others visiting their unit they have each other but single men and women can suffer from the negative vibes of the showing off aspect of play veris and status updates, meet by all means but keep it to yourself its safer

Get the whole self preservation thing. Just think it’s sad people have to on something that’s so irrelevant to anyone else.it is sad but the green eyed monster is a life thing you can't get around the fact it exists so why deny it just stifle it, dont brag "

Mine are social only so nowt to brag about! just think the dynamics of fab are funny sometimes..

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We hide our verifications. A lot of them are for social meets but the point of socials is largely to verify that the person is genuine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know, fortunately a friend got in touch and made me aware they had been contacted, he wasnt very impressed with them for doing it either....just made me rethink them all together."

All of the above, plus Bouncing off back of veris too hence, mostly hidden.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I had someone message a guy I'd verified calling me all sorts of things. He showed me the messages. I think it's sad that others go out their way to do that. Life's too fecking short x

I ignore now. At the time it bothered me. I genuinely found it baffling as to why she was doing it x"

That’s crap! obviously had nothing better to do.. I find the whole thing weird why people get so interested in others lives!

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I know, fortunately a friend got in touch and made me aware they had been contacted, he wasnt very impressed with them for doing it either....just made me rethink them all together."

Yeah I can imagine! What an odd thing to do

Reply privately

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

Our profile. Our business.

Too many veri's for some. Not enough veri's for others

Don't like it? Dont contact us! It's really that simple.

We've been on the side where someone gave a couple of our veri's a hard time. We also know someone we gave a veri to had an equally hard time from a couple they'd met a few times. Hence why we don't show them anymore

Can't be doing with drama llamas!

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Our profile. Our business.

We've been on the side where someone gave a couple of our veri's a hard time. We also know someone we gave a veri to had an equally hard time from a couple they'd met a few times. Hence why we don't show them anymore

Can't be doing with drama llamas! "

Isn’t it crazy though how a few words can cause so much trouble from people we don’t even know or care about!?! Baffling that some have this much energy to cause trouble.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I ignore now. At the time it bothered me. I genuinely found it baffling as to why she was doing it x"

Yeah, it's pretty crappy and can make you feel like shit.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I have no problem showing all my verifications which are a mixture of meets , clubs and socials.I feel that showing verifications from socials shows you have social skills and can help others see that you have social skills , manners , conversation skills as well as show your personality all of which I feel are important on Fabs as well as life in general.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get the whole self preservation thing. Just think it’s sad people have to on something that’s so irrelevant to anyone else.it is sad but the green eyed monster is a life thing you can't get around the fact it exists so why deny it just stifle it, dont brag

Mine are social only so nowt to brag about! just think the dynamics of fab are funny sometimes.."

i agree but if you're observant you know the pitfalls and how to avoid them

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"Most of ours are from socials either group ones or on/ones.

S

Mine are social too always intrigues me how our experiences are affected by those we don’t even know.. "

Well we know of one person who cancelled on us after we'd met someone else they were buddies with on here. Odd really as they had never met themselves.

But heh ho, life goes on

S

Reply privately

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Just show what you want to. Fuck what anyone else thinks

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I keep mine hidden because I like to keep things private. I displayed the ones from a group social for a few days then hid those as well.

I've only really noticed the negativity about verifications stemming from the forums though - all i've ever had from local people was contacting previous meets to ask the best way to get a meet with me.

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Can't be doing with drama llamas! "

Sorry but wrong attitude, I couldn't do it, at the extreme of this is why Adolf came to power & how people like this "Win". I know it's extreme but it's true. You should show them & report any abuse. Oh & tell the person to go fck themselves obviously..

S

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I like the veris that I feel convey something personal and even unique about me, whether sex occurred or not lol!

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I keep mine hidden because I like to keep things private. I displayed the ones from a group social for a few days then hid those as well.

I've only really noticed the negativity about verifications stemming from the forums though - all i've ever had from local people was contacting previous meets to ask the best way to get a meet with me.

"

It’s definitely forum based! I had no idea they were an issue until I joined in here.. which is kind of why I think the troublemakers should be dealt with in such a small pond. They’re pretty irrelevant in the greater scheme of fab!

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Pretty much this

Reply privately

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

Can't be doing with drama llamas!

Sorry but wrong attitude, I couldn't do it, at the extreme of this is why Adolf came to power & how people like this "Win". I know it's extreme but it's true. You should show them & report any abuse. Oh & tell the person to go fck themselves obviously..

S"

Just goes to show how much we assume about each other without actually knowing each other. They win nothing in my eyes & really - mentioning that despot???

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Are you of the ‘sod the haters’ mindset it’s my journey and I’ll do it how I like?

Pretty much this "

It’s a shame more people can’t say this purely because of a minority of idiots!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just prefer things to be private. I’ve shown a couple because I was new and felt I had to as evidence I was ‘genuine’. But I don’t want people looking at how many or few people I’ve met and who they are and making some sort of judgement on that. I know how I got with someone without needing a written summary to show everyone else

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

"

Reported them for what reason?"

I can’t give you the detail of the message but it deserved reporting

Reply privately

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

"I just prefer things to be private. I’ve shown a couple because I was new and felt I had to as evidence I was ‘genuine’. But I don’t want people looking at how many or few people I’ve met and who they are and making some sort of judgement on that. I know how I got with someone without needing a written summary to show everyone else"

Reply privately

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"

It’s definitely forum based! I had no idea they were an issue until I joined in here.. which is kind of why I think the troublemakers should be dealt with in such a small pond. They’re pretty irrelevant in the greater scheme of fab!"

Because in the forum people talk, check each others profile, form cliques whether intentionally or subconsciously. It's expected and natural.

I just show the summary : enough to proof that i am meet verified and the types of people i meet, and enough to protect their privacy and confidentiality.

I love the verification summary because it's like a skirt, short enough to be exciting but long enough to cover the essentials.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dunno im a duck

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I keep mine hidden because I like to keep things private. I displayed the ones from a group social for a few days then hid those as well.

It’s definitely forum based! I had no idea they were an issue until I joined in here.. which is kind of why I think the troublemakers should be dealt with in such a small pond. They’re pretty irrelevant in the greater scheme of fab!"

I agree the noise I hear about veris stems from the forums. However, the messages I received were non forum users (all except one) so not just limited to the forum.

Reply privately

By *uma69Man
over a year ago

stockport

I couldn't give a rat's arse in what people think

If anyone wants to pass judgement than thats there own downfall and pretty sad that they have nothing else better to do

Reply privately

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

I couldn’t care less what people think.

I’ve veris for different reasons - hosting, fucking and social.

People that want to judge I’m not interested in anyway.

Plus with all the veris I’ve actually been tamed and found a gorgeous man. So I can’t be doing that badly

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I couldn’t care less what people think.

Plus with all the veris I’ve actually been tamed and found a gorgeous man. So I can’t be doing that badly "

I do love this about you!!

Reply privately

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

Plus with all the veris I’ve actually been tamed and found a gorgeous man. So I can’t be doing that badly

I do love this about you!! "

Thanks I love everything about you x

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/10/19 14:56:14]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 27/10/19 14:56:14]"
this

Reply privately

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I used to hide (for reasons and also forgetting I'd hidden) now I will display

Reply privately

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"

Has someone asked if I fucked you? That's what it is isn't it

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Has someone asked if I fucked you? That's what it is isn't it "

Ha ha rumbled. Yes it is. In droves.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I used to hide (for reasons and also forgetting I'd hidden) now I will display "

You rebel!!

Reply privately

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"I used to hide (for reasons and also forgetting I'd hidden) now I will display

You rebel!! "

Hang on hang on, let's not be too hasty with words

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not trip advisor.. No one needs to know wft im doing

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's normally the one to one sex meets with popular Forumites that cause all the bloody drama on here. So I only show stuff from way in the past, some veris from large social gatherings and a few of my meets from locals who know nothing of The Forum Wolf Pack. If I decide to show a verification that I know might get people's tongues wagging, then that's my business, I'm a big girl now and have learned to let any bitchiness just wash right over my head.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Plus with all the veris I’ve actually been tamed and found a gorgeous man. So I can’t be doing that badly "

Is being tamed a good thing? Wild can be fun.

Reply privately

By *onkeyandBonesCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

We show ours regardless, never really thought of hiding them.

We hear some people are quite judgemental about if they they meet people or not based on if they have met certain people before them.

Reply privately

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"It's normally the one to one sex meets with popular Forumites that cause all the bloody drama on here. So I only show stuff from way in the past, some veris from large social gatherings and a few of my meets from locals who know nothing of The Forum Wolf Pack. If I decide to show a verification that I know might get people's tongues wagging, then that's my business, I'm a big girl now and have learned to let any bitchiness just wash right over my head. "

Forum nosies are not my kinda friends so their opinion is going over my head now.. I think it’s a shame people even have to think about it and this thread shows how many it does. It’s daft!

Reply privately

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

We do what we do regardless of gossip.

I'm oblivious to it anyway.

Jo.Xx

Reply privately

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

Why take notice of other opinions, if you've had a lovely social experience, show the verification.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your profile, your rules

Reply privately

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I display MLS veris and a few socials but never show my 1:1 meetings

Reply privately

over a year ago

I used to hide them. Now I’m in the sod the haters camp and show what i want to show.

Reply privately

By *exymidscouple2017Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 27/10/19 21:23:12]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mine are a mix of socials and play meets. Gives an all rounded view I think

Reply privately

By *exymidscouple2017Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Birmingham

We show ours as they are a mixture of socials and play. We've never had any drama over them. No one has ever openly slag anyone off to us.... yet.

We enjoy reading others too. It does help us paint a picture of what kind of people they are. We like friendly easy going people like us. Unfortunately we do tend not to reply back or message anyone, we've never met, who hides their verifications. We respect they have their reasons so we never question it as it's their preferences. 

Reply privately

over a year ago

We do, however if I was ever to find myself single again I'd not show them unless they were from a group social. Far too much bullshit goes on behind the scenes with people seeing others you may be bonding with as something that needs to be infiltrated and destroyed as part of some sick game.

P

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I used to show them all. Currently all are hidden. I like receiving them as a reminder of the meeting.

People have missed out on meets, social and otherwise, because they've had a verification from me on show. I now warn people of this and only write one if they really want me to.

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Personally I show all of mine and have no issue doing so, but then I've not been subject to some of the shenanigans that go on around them.

If someone doesn't want to meet me because of who I've met then frankly I've had a lucky escape.

I've offered to hide some from people that I know have had problems as a result of theirs and would gladly do so if they asked me to - but that would be the only reason I would ever hide any unless I had problems of my own because of them, and even then I'd be tempted to stick the proverbial two fingers up at any nay sayers if it was only me impacted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I deliberately hide my verifications because I prefer to keep what I do and who I meet between those I meet and me. I have no interest in our business, social or otherwise, being public.

If the people I meet wish to make it public knowledge that’s their choice too. I just don’t do it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do what I like and I let others do and think they like. Worrying about that is a waste of emotion and energy, and pretty negative.....

Reply privately

By *lue_dogMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

Fuck ‘em! As long you’re respectful do what you’re comfortable with. I’ve got it wrong a few times. I’ve learned from that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Currently all my veris from those who haven't left the site are on display. However sometimes I hide if I am in more of a private kinda mood. It depends on me rather than other people

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Going by the OP and subsequent posts this seems to be a huge dig at someone. It then gives a platform for others to do the same.

As as asked a few times, leave the issues with other people away from the forum or you could end up with a perm ban

Move on, draw a line etc etc

Reply privately