Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dilemma

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I have a job interview this week, I cannot get the time of work as we are super busy, the company who I am supposed to be interviewing for are unwilling to move the date and I don't want to throw a sickie as it's unprofessional and if I do but don't get the job leaves me in a difficult situation.

Ahhhh

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

If someone contacted me in a similar situation I would take it as a positive sign if you were to call and say how much you wanted to come to the interview but unfortunately due to sickness and holidays, your coming to the interview would leave no one in the department and asking if it would it be possible to reschedule the interview.

That would tell me that you are a team player and conscientious.

If they refuse I would take it as a warning sign about the companies culture !

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"If someone contacted me in a similar situation I would take it as a positive sign if you were to call and say how much you wanted to come to the interview but unfortunately due to sickness and holidays, your coming to the interview would leave no one in the department and asking if it would it be possible to reschedule the interview.

If they refuse I would take it as a warning sign about the companies culture !"

Exactly what I was thinking,if they are unwilling to be flexible then perhaps they are not the company for me.

They did say that if they didn't find any suitable candidates during the interviews this week then they would consider interviewing me next week!!

I did clearly state in my job application that I would be unavailable for an interview this week due to my diary being fully booked this week.

Yet they still offered me an interview.

Bloody frustrating

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"They did say that if they didn't find any suitable candidates during the interviews this week then they would consider interviewing me next week!!"

This alone would put me right off them!!

Keep looking OP

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"If someone contacted me in a similar situation I would take it as a positive sign if you were to call and say how much you wanted to come to the interview but unfortunately due to sickness and holidays, your coming to the interview would leave no one in the department and asking if it would it be possible to reschedule the interview.

If they refuse I would take it as a warning sign about the companies culture !

Exactly what I was thinking,if they are unwilling to be flexible then perhaps they are not the company for me.

They did say that if they didn't find any suitable candidates during the interviews this week then they would consider interviewing me next week!!

I did clearly state in my job application that I would be unavailable for an interview this week due to my diary being fully booked this week.

Yet they still offered me an interview.

Bloody frustrating"

You could email your current company asking for half a days holiday and then forward the refusal to the other company to show its genuine.

Could you get the interview late in the day and work lunch hours or come in early so you still put in the same hours you normally do ?

I think the warning signs about the new company are possibly showing,

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I rang the company HR and explained in detail about the fact my workload has been booked for months this week.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts I think keep on looking staying put keeping my head down and working hard for time being.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"I rang the company HR and explained in detail about the fact my workload has been booked for months this week.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts I think keep on looking staying put keeping my head down and working hard for time being."

I think it's the right decision

Good luck

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I rang the company HR and explained in detail about the fact my workload has been booked for months this week.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts I think keep on looking staying put keeping my head down and working hard for time being."

I was in a similar position once about 10 years ago. I was unable to make the interview date for genuine reasons. They simply wouldn't reschedule. I think you've made the right decision, their HR dept sounds like it follows rigid, tick box methods and from experience they never work well for individuals.

Post new Message to Thread