Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What's your Spirit Beastie?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are you a wee bit Pagan leaning in your beliefs? Norse? Tengri? Native American? Celt? Do you have a Spirit Guide? Or Animal Ancestors? Does the Raven know your name?

Do you hold the idea of reincarnation?

Does your Star Sign come into it at all?

Chinese year of the...?

Or perhaps you just feel a strong connection to a certain species?

Open thread to talk about the good things between Animals and People.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

I was born in the (Chinese) Year of the Metal Monkey...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have a strong connection to cats.

I dont think it means anything in particular though

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Bookmarking .... so many questions GK and my mind is not fully awake to answer properly

over a year ago

I'm sure my spirit animal should be sloth.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Does the Raven know your name "

Raven Red knows more than my name

over a year ago

My native name is dancing songbird. (Michel band, Mohawk descendant).

over a year ago

"I have a strong connection to cats.

I dont think it means anything in particular though "

In what way is it a strong connection?

over a year ago

"Bookmarking .... so many questions GK and my mind is not fully awake to answer properly "

wakey wakey rugby is on

over a year ago

"I'm sure my spirit animal should be sloth. "

Why?

over a year ago

"Does the Raven know your name

Raven Red knows more than my name "

Is that good or bad? It sounds good

over a year ago

I like cows, but i think its the wet nose , scratchy tongue and big eyes

over a year ago

"My native name is dancing songbird. (Michel band, Mohawk descendant).

"

How is that name given? I don't know much about Mohawk culture.

over a year ago

Serpent

over a year ago

"I like cows, but i think its the wet nose , scratchy tongue and big eyes "

They lick EVERYTHING!

I think they've got very gentle faces.

over a year ago

"Serpent "

is this a snake oil thing?

over a year ago

How is that name given? I don't know much about Mohawk culture."

Sweat lodge and Sundance. I had a diffetent spirit name previously but was gifted with that name after Sundance.

And sundance - just Google or PM me unless you want me to bore everyone on here.

over a year ago

"Serpent

is this a snake oil thing? "

Of course

over a year ago

How is that name given? I don't know much about Mohawk culture.

Sweat lodge and Sundance. I had a diffetent spirit name previously but was gifted with that name after Sundance.

And sundance - just Google or PM me unless you want me to bore everyone on here. "

People may not know they're interested till they read something like that out in the open though

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Bookmarking .... so many questions GK and my mind is not fully awake to answer properly

wakey wakey rugby is on"

I’m awake enough for that but not spiritual red Indian animal questions

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I was born in the (Chinese) Year of the Metal Monkey... "

I was also born in the year of the monkey and my dad always says he can tell as I looked like a baby chimp as a baby. Charming!

over a year ago

I was born in the year of the Tiger, and starsign Leo

I don't like cats particularly.

I like a Wolves, and doggo type creatures.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Lizard is the animal I identify with for various reasons.

over a year ago

"I was born in the (Chinese) Year of the Metal Monkey...

I was also born in the year of the monkey and my dad always says he can tell as I looked like a baby chimp as a baby. Charming! "

But are you a Metal Monkey?

over a year ago

"I was born in the year of the Tiger, and starsign Leo

"

You're a walking contradiction then?

over a year ago

"Lizard is the animal I identify with for various reasons."

You love sunbathing and licking your own eyeballs?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Lizard is the animal I identify with for various reasons.

You love sunbathing and licking your own eyeballs? "

what

And just sitting on walls above people's head when they're in bed trying to sleep.

over a year ago

Yes I'm pagan always have been as I ve lived amongst nature very closely all my life and always turn to the old ways and nature to heal my past...lived rough but comfortable at an extremely base/root level amidst the trees..horoscopes nah not for me..my beliefs very much around nordic/celtic shaman ways which can be harsh..my animal is the wolf for like me it is able to be very social within its own tribe but solitary when away from its tribe..it can survive and be content solitary or social.I am a lunartic, in sense that I react to full moon..hyperactive sometimes more energy than human body is able to cope with..lol...my poetry and other writings are similar in form to old fables

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I like sheep. They look friendly and docile. But they are tough wee buggers! Weatherproof animals

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

I am Native American. I have not decided on my animal. I feel like it’s fluid and it changes. It’s more complex than it should be. I should ask my dad as I keep thinking about this and just don’t know what I feel the strongest kinship with that’s native to where I am from.

-Mrs

over a year ago

"I was born in the year of the Tiger, and starsign Leo

You're a walking contradiction then? "

That actually describes me pretty well

over a year ago

And I’m born on the cusp of Virgo and Libra, but my other houses create a contradictory personality that applies to me very aptly- Mrs

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I was also born in the year of the monkey and my dad always says he can tell as I looked like a baby chimp as a baby. Charming!

But are you a Metal Monkey? "

Nope a bonobo . Fancy a groom?

over a year ago

You love sunbathing and licking your own eyeballs? what

And just sitting on walls above people's head when they're in bed trying to sleep. "

quick tongued and cold blooded

over a year ago

"Yes I'm pagan always have been as I ve lived amongst nature very closely all my life and always turn to the old ways and nature to heal my past...lived rough but comfortable at an extremely base/root level amidst the trees..horoscopes nah not for me..my beliefs very much around nordic/celtic shaman ways which can be harsh..my animal is the wolf for like me it is able to be very social within its own tribe but solitary when away from its tribe..it can survive and be content solitary or social.I am a lunartic, in sense that I react to full moon..hyperactive sometimes more energy than human body is able to cope with..lol...my poetry and other writings are similar in form to old fables "

Very romantic

over a year ago

"I like sheep. They look friendly and docile. But they are tough wee buggers! Weatherproof animals

Mrs TMN x"

They're quite formidable when pissed off as well

over a year ago

"Yes I'm pagan always have been as I ve lived amongst nature very closely all my life and always turn to the old ways and nature to heal my past...lived rough but comfortable at an extremely base/root level amidst the trees..horoscopes nah not for me..my beliefs very much around nordic/celtic shaman ways which can be harsh..my animal is the wolf for like me it is able to be very social within its own tribe but solitary when away from its tribe..it can survive and be content solitary or social.I am a lunartic, in sense that I react to full moon..hyperactive sometimes more energy than human body is able to cope with..lol...my poetry and other writings are similar in form to old fables "

Chinese dragon but more importantly for me is that my tree is the elder..one of the most revered of sacred trees...if I need to chill I head for trees and just sit cradled in the boughs of the old listening to the breeze or storm whipping thru

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"I like sheep. They look friendly and docile. But they are tough wee buggers! Weatherproof animals

Mrs TMN x

They're quite formidable when pissed off as well "

Oh aye. Don't mess!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You love sunbathing and licking your own eyeballs? what

And just sitting on walls above people's head when they're in bed trying to sleep.

quick tongued and cold blooded "

what

Yes, it has been said before and probably does appear that way to people who don't know me.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

I was once told I had a very powerful red Indian guide

over a year ago

"I am Native American. I have not decided on my animal. I feel like it’s fluid and it changes. It’s more complex than it should be. I should ask my dad as I keep thinking about this and just don’t know what I feel the strongest kinship with that’s native to where I am from.

-Mrs "

That sounds like quite an awesome adventure to start!

Your ancestors would only have named the animals in the world that they saw as they knew it. There are cross continental species like bears, cats, dogs, birds, rodents, whales and fish that can be found the world over.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Yes I'm pagan always have been as I ve lived amongst nature very closely all my life and always turn to the old ways and nature to heal my past...lived rough but comfortable at an extremely base/root level amidst the trees..horoscopes nah not for me..my beliefs very much around nordic/celtic shaman ways which can be harsh..my animal is the wolf for like me it is able to be very social within its own tribe but solitary when away from its tribe..it can survive and be content solitary or social.I am a lunartic, in sense that I react to full moon..hyperactive sometimes more energy than human body is able to cope with..lol...my poetry and other writings are similar in form to old fables

Chinese dragon but more importantly for me is that my tree is the elder..one of the most revered of sacred trees...if I need to chill I head for trees and just sit cradled in the boughs of the old listening to the breeze or storm whipping thru "

I once lived next door to a woman who claimed she was a witch, had a broomstick outside her door and everything. Then she cut the elder in her garden down...

over a year ago

Nope a bonobo . Fancy a groom?"

Go on then, my back could do with a scratch and a massage.

over a year ago

"Yes I'm pagan always have been as I ve lived amongst nature very closely all my life and always turn to the old ways and nature to heal my past...lived rough but comfortable at an extremely base/root level amidst the trees..horoscopes nah not for me..my beliefs very much around nordic/celtic shaman ways which can be harsh..my animal is the wolf for like me it is able to be very social within its own tribe but solitary when away from its tribe..it can survive and be content solitary or social.I am a lunartic, in sense that I react to full moon..hyperactive sometimes more energy than human body is able to cope with..lol...my poetry and other writings are similar in form to old fables

Chinese dragon but more importantly for me is that my tree is the elder..one of the most revered of sacred trees...if I need to chill I head for trees and just sit cradled in the boughs of the old listening to the breeze or storm whipping thru

I once lived next door to a woman who claimed she was a witch, had a broomstick outside her door and everything. Then she cut the elder in her garden down..."

Fucking witches eh? No reasonin' wiv' 'em.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I once lived next door to a woman who claimed she was a witch, had a broomstick outside her door and everything. Then she cut the elder in her garden down...

Fucking witches eh? No reasonin' wiv' 'em."

If she was a witch she'd have known you never cut an elder down. I think the closest she came to the craft was watching reruns of Bewitched.

over a year ago

If she was a witch she'd have known you never cut an elder down. I think the closest she came to the craft was watching reruns of Bewitched."

Maybe she was a bad witch?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If she was a witch she'd have known you never cut an elder down. I think the closest she came to the craft was watching reruns of Bewitched.

Maybe she was a bad witch?"

Bless her she was very into spirits...the alcoholic kind.

By *2and3quartersWoman
over a year ago

Bumbletown

I was born in the chinese year of the Fire Dragon. I’m a Gemini so a Air sign and my spirit beastie is a Arctic fox, she pops up in most of my meditations.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Go on then, my back could do with a scratch and a massage."

I'll deflea you while I'm at it

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I was born in the Chinese year of the Ox and my star sign is Leo (sexual predator!)

A bloody awesome combination and quite a force to reckon with when both are combined

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I'm a mixture too, I completely get the wolf analogy and feel the same, the moon affects me too as does the sun.

Capricorn - traits match me very well.

Year of the ox - traits pretty much same as a Capricorn.

Native American, Goose - again pretty much as the 2 above.

Egyptians - ra & Thoth (sun & moon) - the areas that god's had "control over" are not dislike my interests.

I much prefer natural healing, so I can relate to Chinese, pagan and most native types this way.

Horses - I've always been drawn to them & I rode for most of my life (since 2).

So does that make me a triple threat? I've got 3 birth timing matches

Elements, earth - yep, absolutely a land lover, sea makes me queasy & not a fan of swimming. No problems in a kayak though.

Jeez I'm odd.

over a year ago

Bless her she was very into spirits...the alcoholic kind. "

A very naughty witch indeed.

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Sun & lizard - best thing to do in the morn is warm up in the sun with a cuppa.

over a year ago

"I was born in the chinese year of the Fire Dragon. I’m a Gemini so a Air sign and my spirit beastie is a Arctic fox, she pops up in most of my meditations. "

Fire dragon sounds pretty cool.

What does the Arctic Fox say? Is she cunning?

over a year ago

Go on then, my back could do with a scratch and a massage.

I'll deflea you while I'm at it "

How very dare you!

over a year ago

"I was born in the Chinese year of the Ox and my star sign is Leo (sexual predator!)

A bloody awesome combination and quite a force to reckon with when both are combined "

I'm not sure which animal would be more intimidating face to face..

over a year ago

I'm a mixture too, I completely get the wolf analogy and feel the same, the moon affects me too as does the sun.

Egyptians - ra & Thoth (sun & moon) - the areas that god's had "control over" are not dislike my interests.

I much prefer natural healing, so I can relate to Chinese, pagan and most native types this way.

Elements, earth - yep, absolutely a land lover, sea makes me queasy & not a fan of swimming. No problems in a kayak though.

Jeez I'm odd. "

"Threat" May not be the right word you're looking for? Triple XP?

By *r AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Fox

Smart, Sly,

A little predator/Hunter

And above all a Sexy Ginger Coat

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Jeez I'm odd.

"Threat" May not be the right word you're looking for? Triple XP?"

Extra gaming points, I'll take that.

over a year ago

I think I have a strong connection with dogs. Wild and Domesticated.

Doesn't mean I like them all, or they like me, just that we seem drawn to each other.

I love monkeys and apes, but surely every human being finds our cousins on the animal family tree fascinating?

Highly intelligent animals like Corvids, Octupus, Parrots, Porpoise and Whales.

How can they not have a sense of being?

It makes it harder to see them as a food source, but our ancestors gave thanks and tried to live in harmony with their environments. Gave thanks to the sustenance. Paid their respect to the life taken.

Have we lost our accountability?

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

"I think I have a strong connection with dogs. Wild and Domesticated.

Doesn't mean I like them all, or they like me, just that we seem drawn to each other.

I love monkeys and apes, but surely every human being finds our cousins on the animal family tree fascinating?

It makes it harder to see them as a food source, but our ancestors gave thanks and tried to live in harmony with their environments. Gave thanks to the sustenance. Paid their respect to the life taken.

"

I think so.

over a year ago

I once lived next door to a woman who claimed she was a witch, had a broomstick outside her door and everything. Then she cut the elder in her garden down..."

WHAT??? Alas the few so called witches I ve known have no knowledge of the core base of a witch...nature and herbalism...I m quite sceptical of modern day practitioners until they prove their knowledge

over a year ago

"

Yes I think we have..modern society has forgotten it's small part in the natural order..it has the belief that we are greater than everything else but take away the bees, the trees etc and we die...

over a year ago

"I am Native American. I have not decided on my animal. I feel like it’s fluid and it changes. It’s more complex than it should be. I should ask my dad as I keep thinking about this and just don’t know what I feel the strongest kinship with that’s native to where I am from.

-Mrs

That sounds like quite an awesome adventure to start!

Your ancestors would only have named the animals in the world that they saw as they knew it. There are cross continental species like bears, cats, dogs, birds, rodents, whales and fish that can be found the world over."

Yes I feel a pull to animals that aren’t where I’m from, so I know they aren’t the right ones. It has to be one from home and I figure when I’m meant to know, I will know. My father’s brother told me I was an ocean creature when I was about 16 , but he couldn’t decide which one haha

over a year ago

Bless her she was very into spirits...the alcoholic kind. "

over a year ago

"

I don’t feel drawn to dogs but they come to me. But if not an oceanic animal I think it’s probably a bird and very likely a black bird ( which is also my only tattoo!)

over a year ago

Loving this thread..nice one GK

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm a Chinese Fire Snake and a Leo - the typical traits of both describe me accurately.

But I have a strong affinity with dogs - I'd certainly like to think that my spirit animal is a dog because they're bloody awesome animals.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"

Actual spirit animal I'm not sure. I feel i have a bravestar vibe going on. Points if you get the reference

I don't really find apes and monkeys all that fascinating (overall) and I think it is due to the similarities and closeness with humans. It's too familiar if that makes sense. I still like them of course.

I find I'm drawn to large carnivorous mammals generally. Dogs, wolves, big cats, bears and orcas etc. But also crocs and gators.

I also have an affinity with horses. Elephants are amazing animals, they create ecosystems and carve the world.

Hippos are just beyond fascinating too.

I don't think I could ever limit myself to a single one without going on an actual spirit journey or something.

over a year ago

No to all of those questions. But my favourite animal is an elephant

over a year ago

The goat the sign of satan king of hells

Post new Message to Thread