Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Slimming pills?

Jump to newest

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I have a dilemma, have some slimming pill here, looking at them and deciding should I or not. They're not your usual over the counter ones, but my daughters friend has lost loads of weight taking them, I have stuggled with trying to lose weight since I had an accident last year and badly injured my back. I'm off on holiday in 3 weeks and although I've been dieting strictly for the past month I've only loat 3lb

Has anyone every tried them and should I give em a go? Advice welcome, ta

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What are they hun? I sell ones for a friend called obetrim which people swear by xxx

over a year ago

A world of my own

Dunno they don't have a label, lol. Think daughter says T5 or summet, but I might just have that wrong

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

If I were you I wouldn't even consider taking pills that you don't even know the name of, never mind what possible side effects they may have...please be sensible and don't go there hun.

over a year ago

I would definately find out exactly what they are, possible side effects and check with your doctor first .... obetrim are well known but always err on the side of caution x

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

down the bog with them

you get all sorts of rubish on the internet some are usless never know whats in them there is only one shure way to losse weight thats exersise and take in less cal`s than you are using

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

just re-read the op the recomended amount to lose is about 1 lb per week

so you are getting it right with what you are doing

keep it up well done

over a year ago

I wouldnt take anything with no label on and do you really need to lose weight?

over a year ago

"down the bog with them

you get all sorts of rubish on the internet some are usless never know whats in them there is only one shure way to losse weight thats exersise and take in less cal`s than you are using "

couldnt agree more oldgit......nicky here....been on a diet this year and lost a fair bit.....most of the advice i got was to increase exercise and decrease calories.......and boy do i feel good.....might have took me longer than i had hoped but if nothing else im so much fitter and actually enjoy exercising now. managed to lose on average 3 pounds a month...so 7 months on.....you number crunchers can work out my loss!!! personally i would avoid quick fixes.....you will only get out of it what you put in....and thats hard work not chemicals!! wishing you the best of luck

nicky xx

over a year ago

No if's, just bin them. Anything that makes you lose weight quicker than what you already are can have long term side effects.

If you are concerned about your weight see your GP first.

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Plenty of fresh fruit, veg, fresh air and exercise - don't go to the gym, just go for a walk.

It's the only realistic way to lose weight and keep it off.

There's no such thing as a quick fix, only a long term solution.

over a year ago

hi hun i justed looked at ur pics lol

i dont think u need 2 lose weight

but u know us woman we r never

happy with our bodys

oh can u pass on the name of them

so i can try them

over a year ago

Myself and lots of ppl i know used to take slimming pills, we used to go to a clinic and they cost 12 quid a week, they didnt have labels on the bottles but the clinis was diet uk.

admittidley they did work ( at the time)

and i can say everyone i ever knew who took them eventually piled the weight back on and more !! so i wouldnt take slimming pills again.

over a year ago

"Myself and lots of ppl i know used to take slimming pills, we used to go to a clinic and they cost 12 quid a week, they didnt have labels on the bottles but the clinis was diet uk.

admittidley they did work ( at the time)

and i can say everyone i ever knew who took them eventually piled the weight back on and more !! so i wouldnt take slimming pills again. "

This is it pretty much. There is no instant solution (other than these band things but wouldn't recommend those either ). The best way to stay in shape is establish a healthy diet and move around more. You don't have to take exercise to extremes just a nice country walk now and again suffices.

Also take stairs instead of lifts etc etc. Think of instances where you could use your body instead of machines to accomplish tasks and you will burn ton of cals just from that!

It does require changes to your lifestyle but after a few weeks of sustaining it it will become second nature and from then on its just plain sailing.

Don't be afraid of large breakfasts by the way but don't eat too much before bed. Also try snack throughout the day on fruit/veg/nuts to prevent hunger catching up. I keep a bag of cashews on me whenever possible for example. I also never go hungry

over a year ago

and lots of sexcersise

By *unluvincplCouple
over a year ago

toytown

[Removed by poster at 19/09/09 12:43:52]

By *unluvincplCouple
over a year ago

toytown

if the ore xenical they simply stop fat being absorbed by the gut .However Reductil are a form of anti depressant and actually control appetite and act on the brains neurons cutting out the need for comfort food .

Reductil has to be under presciption and monitored monthly as it can bring on psychosis as an after effect .

Reductil is very effective and breaks the cycle of verweight /tiredness .many people lose up to 9lb per week ..which stabilises eventually down to a pound a day .

hope this helps and good luck

over a year ago

are they pink and some are white? cant remember the name but theyre banned and very very dangerous. I got them from a doctor at a gym for about £40 a month, you take one colour first then after a few days move onto the other colour. I stopped after a week as I was off my face, eyes dilated, non stop talking and palpitations. The palpitations lasted with me for 18 months, if its them theyre bad news and the only way to shift weight is eat less and excersise xxx

over a year ago

"if the ore xenical they simply stop fat being absorbed by the gut .However Reductil are a form of anti depressant and actually control appetite and act on the brains neurons cutting out the need for comfort food .

Reductil has to be under presciption and monitored monthly as it can bring on psychosis as an after effect .

Reductil is very effective and breaks the cycle of verweight /tiredness .many people lose up to 9lb per week ..which stabilises eventually down to a pound a day .

hope this helps and good luck

"

any diet losing that amount of weight daily is an accident waiting to happen.....to shift weight i would suggest doing the opposite of what maked you gain the weight in the 1st place. i shall always find it difficult to accept any form of tablets as part of any weight reduction plan.....unless it is a placebo....which i would hazard a guess probably has good results!! its amazing what mind over matter can achieve....stay away from the chemicals and approach your GP for some info on a calorie controlled, healthy and balanced diet. then look at some forms of gently exercise and results will follow. perhaps get involved in a local slimming club where you can exchange ideas with like minded people

over a year ago

Shaz managed to get some kind a while back, i made her put them straight in the bin!

I have read that some of them can speed up your heart rate and metabolism and can cause problems as bad as heart attacks, hallucinations, hair in unusual places and such ... and also the weight is put back on real fast after stopping taking them

Shaz lost 21lb over 6 months now just doing an hour of Natalie Cassidy exorcize video's a day and being a tad more careful of what she eats

Pills are not needed at all unless you have a medical condition then should only be prescribed.

Tony

over a year ago

"Shaz managed to get some kind a while back, i made her put them straight in the bin!

I have read that some of them can speed up your heart rate and metabolism and can cause problems as bad as heart attacks, hallucinations, hair in unusual places and such ... and also the weight is put back on real fast after stopping taking them

Shaz lost 21lb over 6 months now just doing an hour of Natalie Cassidy exorcize video's a day and being a tad more careful of what she eats

Pills are not needed at all unless you have a medical condition then should only be prescribed.

Tony"

well done for binning the tablets and well done shaz on your weight loss hun

i think natalie needs to start doing an hour of her own video again....lol

over a year ago

"well done for binning the tablets and well done shaz on your weight loss hun

i think natalie needs to start doing an hour of her own video again....lol"

haha yes, she has gained a lot back now!

The funny story is, natalie made good friends with her instructor and they even went on holiday together but when natalie started gaining her weight again the instructor didn't want to know how true i don't know

Tony

over a year ago

Sounds like you have been offered amphetamins (speed)

Which if you take will probably help you lose weight quickly but could also cause a massive heart attack in the process.

I would rather be overweight than dead and im sure you would be too.

so bin them or rather flush them down the loo.

Or if you are gonna bin, try asking a local chemist to let you know what you WOULD have been taking ???

And what it would have done to your body ?

good luck.

oh and ps, im following the "food doctor" plan and never really feel hungry now im doing it properly and you can eat everything. its about portion control and low carbs

over a year ago

SIDA CORDIFOLIA COMPLEX slimming pills were the most effective for me!

as for your stash send them on i'm willing to experiment lol

over a year ago

myt i just the add the above i tried were herbal!!!!!

over a year ago

"SIDA CORDIFOLIA COMPLEX slimming pills were the most effective for me!

as for your stash send them on i'm willing to experiment lol "

over a year ago

"I have a dilemma, have some slimming pill here, looking at them and deciding should I or not. They're not your usual over the counter ones, but my daughters friend has lost loads of weight taking them, I have stuggled with trying to lose weight since I had an accident last year and badly injured my back. I'm off on holiday in 3 weeks and although I've been dieting strictly for the past month I've only loat 3lb

Has anyone every tried them and should I give em a go? Advice welcome, ta "

T5 Tabs are a combination of ephedrine,caffeine and asprin.

We used to use them a lot when dieting for body building show's,combined with ultra strict dieting and high cardio training.

I lost 3 and a half stone in 12 weeks,which was too fast but I was on a time limit.

When using them you get an amphetimine type rush,you should never take them in the evening either,or you'll be awake for ages.

You also need to cycle them, for instance 2 weeks on,1 week off,so your body doesn't get used to them.

Take care and be aware,they work much better with cardio and a high protien low carb diet of 5 - 7 meals per day.

XXXX

over a year ago

"I have a dilemma, have some slimming pill here, looking at them and deciding should I or not. They're not your usual over the counter ones, but my daughters friend has lost loads of weight taking them, I have stuggled with trying to lose weight since I had an accident last year and badly injured my back. I'm off on holiday in 3 weeks and although I've been dieting strictly for the past month I've only loat 3lb

We used to use them a lot when dieting for body building show's,combined with ultra strict dieting and high cardio training.

I lost 3 and a half stone in 12 weeks,which was too fast but I was on a time limit.

When using them you get an amphetimine type rush,you should never take them in the evening either,or you'll be awake for ages.

You also need to cycle them, for instance 2 weeks on,1 week off,so your body doesn't get used to them.

Take care and be aware,they work much better with cardio and a high protien low carb diet of 5 - 7 meals per day.

XXXX"

Not good for me high blood pressure then

over a year ago

XXXX

Not good for me high blood pressure then"

Definately a no no then!

That just leaves plenty of cardio and 5 - 7 small meals per day!

XXXX

over a year ago

A world of my own

Thanks everyone, I'm taking in all your advoce. Excersise is the difficult thing for me, I eat very healthy/low fat meals, but like the vino too much. I had a back injury last year and was immobile for six weeks, thats how I gained most of the weight, boredom etc.. and even now I can't walk or stand for long periods without experiencing pain. I don't drive so I do have to walk everywhere and also take the stairs rather than lifts because I'm scared of them. I just wish I could get back into my holiday clothes, I fly out in 3 and half weeks!

over a year ago

LOOK hun

you wont know anyone on ya hols, you dont give a shite about wot they think anyways,

I worry myself but then the sights you see will amaze even you.

Go have a great holiday, enjoy it and stuff um all i say.

over a year ago

watching xfactor burns cals

over a year ago

tosh......

that makes me grrrrrrrrrr

over a year ago

A world of my own

"LOOK hun

you wont know anyone on ya hols, you dont give a shite about wot they think anyways,

I worry myself but then the sights you see will amaze even you.

Go have a great holiday, enjoy it and stuff um all i say. "

Thanks peaches, thing is I Do know everyone on holiday, lol. I go every year!

over a year ago

So who cares........

Where i go they know me also and now they are friends and accept im no beach babe and like me regardless.

Go and have fun while you can enjoy it and worry about the calories when ya get back.

join slimming world. they got an offer on

over a year ago

Has anyone every tried them and should I give em a go? Advice welcome, ta "

Billy says to tell you that you dont need to lose any weight you're fine just the way you are!!!!

over a year ago

Exactly.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 5kg weight loss

program.

The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands

before him a

voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a

pair of Nike

running shoes and a sign around her neck..

She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss

company. The

sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me."

Without a second thought, he takes off after her. A few miles

later puffing

and puffing, he finally gives up. The same girl shows up for the

next four

days and the same thing happens. On the fifth day, he weighs

himself and is

delighted to find he has lost 5kg as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/10kg program. The

next day

there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning,

beautiful,

sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing

but Reebok

running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, "If you

catch me you

can have me".

Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in

excellent

shape and he does his best, but no such luck. So for the next

four days, the

same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and

better shape.

Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he

discovers

that he has lost another 10kg as promised. He decides to go for

broke and

calls the company to order the 7-day/25kg program.

"Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone. "This is

our most

rigorous program." "Absolutely," he replies, "I haven't

felt

this good in

years."

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it

he finds a

huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink

running shoes and

a sign around his neck that reads, "If I catch

you,

you are

mine."

He lost 33 kilos that week.

over a year ago

over a year ago

theres ones out called alli i think, they make you shit yourself apparently, Americans have dubbed the shitting your pants as the 'alli-oops'

they basically stop your body taking in any fats, good or bad. as soon as you eat, the fatty substances are sent to your bumhole. read about it in mens fitness last month.

the guy didnt lose much weight but his fat levels in his blood dropped by a lot

over a year ago

I wouldn't risk the tablets, see if you can get your back more mobile so your more comfertable with walking etc, if your not happy with your progress get a second opinion

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Thanks everyone, I'm taking in all your advoce. Excersise is the difficult thing for me, I eat very healthy/low fat meals, but like the vino too much. I had a back injury last year and was immobile for six weeks, thats how I gained most of the weight, boredom etc.. and even now I can't walk or stand for long periods without experiencing pain. I don't drive so I do have to walk everywhere and also take the stairs rather than lifts because I'm scared of them. I just wish I could get back into my holiday clothes, I fly out in 3 and half weeks!"

Back injury? What you need is an internal splint!

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Thanks everyone, I'm taking in all your advoce. Excersise is the difficult thing for me, I eat very healthy/low fat meals, but like the vino too much. I had a back injury last year and was immobile for six weeks, thats how I gained most of the weight, boredom etc.. and even now I can't walk or stand for long periods without experiencing pain. I don't drive so I do have to walk everywhere and also take the stairs rather than lifts because I'm scared of them. I just wish I could get back into my holiday clothes, I fly out in 3 and half weeks!"
low impact exersise like swiming daily is a good way for someone like yourself to loose the lb's as the water supports the body but you will use far more muscles trying to move throught the water, go give it ia try it might just help your back problem to. i had a bad motorbike accident, and did my back in and swimming was great, very little if any pain and i lost 35lb's in 3 months along with the well balanced diet i was given

over a year ago

i got to 17 stone back in 2005, after a change of diet and a more active lifestyle, Cycling, Martial Arts and some light weight training, I got myself down to 12.5 stone, it took nearly 2 years to get there but was worth the wait, pills are never the answer.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

ok was going to stay out of this debate but both K and I have some experience of this. K lost 9 stone in 12 months and I lost 4 stone in about 6 months.

K has tried most things including the dreaded pills, believe me they are not worth it, yes they work in the short term but you will spend most of your time in the loo so very lonely!

We both went on a very strict diet - if you want the details by almeans PM us but as it is advertising I will not go in to the detail here - and have now changed our lifestyle considerably, take more exercise etc but to be honest everyone says more exercise but if you are very heavy it is very difficult (obviously not impossible) to do, more weight, more fatigue, more muscle/bone problems etc.

Have to say since losing the weight K has changed completely but the most beneficial outcome? welll since having our daughter she had been on blood pressure pills, now she has the blood pressure of a 'normal' person and the pills are banished never to return.

One last point - only lose the weight because you want to not because others tell you to also how many people have you seen under the Governments guidline BMI of 22 by 22 points? answer NONE how many people have you seen over by 22 points? Several if not hundreds/thousands remember the body actually copes better being overweight than underweight.

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

anyway, isn't wieght something thats only ever going to improve one persons life.? and not always your's, the way i see it is if your comfortable with the way you are and other who know you well except it too, where's the problem, we are what we are because of who we are not what others want us to be, diet's.pill's, and all other kinds of commercial helper's help no one but the maker get rich, do it naturally and you have something to be proud of, its cost you less, and its stopped some fat cat company owner getting fatter at your expence, so stick two fingers up at all those so called AIDS to a SLIMMER you, and have fun in loosong it if your going to loose it

over a year ago

Broke back 15 yrs ago...and in the months following where i couldn't walk weight shot up to 18 stones.......physiotherapy, diet n exercise got it back down to around 13 stones again.....was a long hard slog...but worth it in the end.....not sure the pills are the right way to go....if not over the counter stuff then would give them a wide berth

Good luck with the weight loss, hope u get there in the end

over a year ago

The best thing to do is ditch the scales and just use a mirror!

XXXX

Post new Message to Thread