Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

bbc racist? not the tv channel

Jump to newest

By *ingdangdoo82 OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield/Derbyshire border

Apparently saying or showing black men have large cocks is racist according to Liverpool FC.

Fans unveiled a banner at the Genk match last night showing player Divock Origi with a towel and not much else and a photoshopped extra long cock.

A statement from LFC said 'the image used perpetuated a racist stereotype. This is completely unacceptable.'

What's your thoughts/views?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

At a football match?!

By *adeiteWoman
over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

Not all black men have big dicks. Not all while men have smaller dicks. Dicks are dicks and do what dicks will.

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman
over a year ago

London

Yes, it is a racist stereotype.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree, it is a racist stereotype

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

So all the profiles that say BBC only are racist or just the handsome ones who look like Divock Origi?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Not only is it a racist stereotype it's a completely inappropriate image to unveil at a football match, that families attend. I hope they get banned from going back.

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"Apparently saying or showing black men have large cocks is racist according to Liverpool FC.

Fans unveiled a banner at the Genk match last night showing player Divock Origi with a towel and not much else and a photoshopped extra long cock.

A statement from LFC said 'the image used perpetuated a racist stereotype. This is completely unacceptable.'

What's your thoughts/views?"

it is a racist stereotype but is there any black men that are really going to be offended by it? if so well i apologise for my naivety in thinking they'd laugh the picture off as a piss take of the player whos head was super imposed onto the said banner, Origi it was if anyone is wandering

over a year ago

"Not only is it a racist stereotype it's a completely inappropriate image to unveil at a football match, that families attend. I hope they get banned from going back. "

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"Not only is it a racist stereotype it's a completely inappropriate image to unveil at a football match, that families attend. I hope they get banned from going back. "

completely inappropriate 100% agree

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Apparently the Man Utd fans sang a song about lukaku having a big dick apparently it got banned and anyone singing it got in trouble

over a year ago

Somewhat ironic that the channel reporting it is the BBC

over a year ago

"Apparently the Man Utd fans sang a song about lukaku having a big dick apparently it got banned and anyone singing it got in trouble "

Good

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"Apparently the Man Utd fans sang a song about lukaku having a big dick apparently it got banned and anyone singing it got in trouble "

they did, but thousands sung it so im.not sure the last part it totally true, certainly some may have been thrown out though

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

And yet it's a stereotype that is often used on here

over a year ago

Stereotype and inappropriate.

By *urved HunnyWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Somewhat ironic that the channel reporting it is the BBC "

over a year ago

"And yet it's a stereotype that is often used on here "

Your point being? Those that use it on here are equally ill informed.

over a year ago

"Apparently the Man Utd fans sang a song about lukaku having a big dick apparently it got banned and anyone singing it got in trouble

they did, but thousands sung it so im.not sure the last part it totally true, certainly some may have been thrown out though "

If you were to go to town on every person saying/doing something inappropriate at a football match, the players would be on a fiver a week.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

could be worse they could have all worn tee shirts with it on

By *urved HunnyWoman
over a year ago

Essex

These things are usually meant in jest, but are definitely racial stereotyping and entirely not appropriate at a family gathering or anywhere else

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"And yet it's a stereotype that is often used on here

Your point being? Those that use it on here are equally ill informed. "

No ... that although it is deemed a racist stereotype in some uses yet isn't in others

Totally inappropriate in the LFC example

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Remember Tony Adams...

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

yet too meet a black fella who'd be offended by this 'BBC' stereotype and iv several black mates

over a year ago

No ... that although it is deemed a racist stereotype in some uses yet isn't in others

Totally inappropriate in the LFC example "

I see it as a racial stereotype when used on here. The amount of white guys that message me telling me how big their dick is, thinking that's why I'm looking for black guys, is shocking!

over a year ago

"yet too meet a black fella who'd be offended by this 'BBC' stereotype and iv several black mates"

Pretty much every black guy I know doesn't subscribe to the bbc stereotype and would be offended to be referred to as BBC!

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

I see it as a racial stereotype when used on here. The amount of white guys that message me telling me how big their dick is, thinking that's why I'm looking for black guys, is shocking!"

Well sadly some people think that's the attribute that is most important

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"yet too meet a black fella who'd be offended by this 'BBC' stereotype and iv several black mates

Pretty much every black guy I know doesn't subscribe to the bbc stereotype and would be offended to be referred to as BBC!"

really!

over a year ago

"yet too meet a black fella who'd be offended by this 'BBC' stereotype and iv several black mates

Pretty much every black guy I know doesn't subscribe to the bbc stereotype and would be offended to be referred to as BBC!

really!"

Yes.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Remember Tony Adams..."
decent defender

By *urved HunnyWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I see it as a racial stereotype when used on here. The amount of white guys that message me telling me how big their dick is, thinking that's why I'm looking for black guys, is shocking!"

it's constant

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Remember Tony Adams... decent defender "

Hung like a donkey.

over a year ago

"yet too meet a black fella who'd be offended by this 'BBC' stereotype and iv several black mates"

Several? At a guess you have met 0.00001% of the black male population. I don’t get your point ?

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Remember Tony Adams... decent defender

Hung like a donkey. "

I bet he wasn’t as big as Ashley Cole

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here. "
nothing new on the forums

over a year ago

"Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here. "

Not really, the term BBC is offensive, simple

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I certainly wouldn't want bashed over the head with it

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

For some it’s the only bashing we do

over a year ago

Not sure what you mean? People aren't allowed to be offended by something? Is that it?

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

"Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here. nothing new on the forums "

I know but it still gets depressing seeing it. Sure its offensive to many and I get that. Are we now to berate every profile with BBC in it and a big cock pic? Who knows I wouldn't bet on it going forward though.

over a year ago

"Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here. nothing new on the forums

I know but it still gets depressing seeing it. Sure its offensive to many and I get that. Are we now to berate every profile with BBC in it and a big cock pic? Who knows I wouldn't bet on it going forward though. "

Talk about overreacting! No one's talking about berating profiles. Just acknowledging that some do see it as offensive. It's called empathy.

over a year ago

"Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here.

Not sure what you mean? People aren't allowed to be offended by something? Is that it?"

Those pesky snowflakes

over a year ago

"Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here. nothing new on the forums

I know but it still gets depressing seeing it. Sure its offensive to many and I get that. Are we now to berate every profile with BBC in it and a big cock pic? Who knows I wouldn't bet on it going forward though. "

We don’t have to berate but we do have to educate them . The term is offensive ,

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Funny how it’s mainly white people that get there knickers in a twist over posts like this

over a year ago

"Funny how it’s mainly white people that get there knickers in a twist over posts like this "

Is it? Which part is funny??

over a year ago

"Funny how it’s mainly white people that get there knickers in a twist over posts like this "

Not really given the majority of forum users seem to be white. And there's no knickers being twisted. Just a differing viewpoint.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Funny how it’s mainly white people that get there knickers in a twist over posts like this

Is it? Which part is funny?? "

calm down figure of speech ffs ok I’ll rephrase it for the easily offended or just plain stupid I’ve noticed a lot of these type of posts are often started by mainly white people mainly blokes

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Oh god this is going to be another thing to bash each other over the head with on here.

Not really, the term BBC is offensive, simple "

Are they offending themselves or other people when they use the term to describe themselves then? Agreed, it's inappropriate for a football match though.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

Football fans make up nicknames for players all the time, Just a play on their names, Divock Origi gets called bigcock, Its just his face on the original photo that's been going around for a few years now, Offensive, Yes Inappropriate at the match/in public, Yes, But that's it for me,

People even dress up as the Man in picture in holiday resorts ffs

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Sounds a bit off to me, even with all the genuine good intentions in the world. I'm not very PC, in fact my use of language is often shocking. Its not offensive to many on here or maybe in general but it don't take a rocket scientist to realise that some would be offended. Maybe in terms of stereotyping or fetishsisng black people. I could be how some maybe see it as dehumanising or objectifying based on race. Anyways simply most people would realise some people would be offended and may consider it racist. So to display such a banner in public and thus on national TV is very poor judgement (even with good intent) and something that is not particularly pleasant for some. We all have to live together and sometimes I think you do have to pick your audience. Personally I don't find it racist per se (maybe because of the shoes I stand in) but I can perfectly understand the perspectives of those who do. And to be fair a part of me is rather uncomfortable about the term, but then I'm the same with terms like BBW (which is awkward as my preference is for larger ladies). I understand they are a form of identification of certain traits but I find them a little dehumanising. Someone is more than just a large willy or a lovely squidgy body.

over a year ago

"Funny how it’s mainly white people that get there knickers in a twist over posts like this

Is it? Which part is funny?? calm down figure of speech ffs ok I’ll rephrase it for the easily offended or just plain stupid I’ve noticed a lot of these type of posts are often started by mainly white people mainly blokes "

I am calm, I shall rephrase my earlier comment for the thick and the stupid, the term BBC is offensive

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Is it? Which part is funny?? calm down figure of speech ffs ok I’ll rephrase it for the easily offended or just plain stupid I’ve noticed a lot of these type of posts are often started by mainly white people mainly blokes

I am calm, I shall rephrase my earlier comment for the thick and the stupid, the term BBC is offensive "

maybe to you and many others but to some it isn’t you forgot to mention the easily offended

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Inappropriate picture at a game no doubt that kids will have been attending. But the term bbc gets flung around an awful lot. It's a stereotype but if you're clamping down on it, it needs to be clamped down on here too. See it so much on here.

over a year ago

The same Liverpool who wore t shirts supporting Suarez against racial abuse of Patrice Evr

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Inappropriate picture at a game no doubt that kids will have been attending. But the term bbc gets flung around an awful lot. It's a stereotype but if you're clamping down on it, it needs to be clamped down on here too. See it so much on here. "

over a year ago

What i find scary is the inability of some people to see that if some people find something offensive then it clearly is offensive, even if you don't think it is!

over a year ago

Is it? Which part is funny?? calm down figure of speech ffs ok I’ll rephrase it for the easily offended or just plain stupid I’ve noticed a lot of these type of posts are often started by mainly white people mainly blokes

I am calm, I shall rephrase my earlier comment for the thick and the stupid, the term BBC is offensive maybe to you and many others but to some it isn’t you forgot to mention the easily offended "

Do you agree it is offensive?? Simple question?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"What i find scary is the inability of some people to see that if some people find something offensive then it clearly is offensive, even if you don't think it is! "

This says it all

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Btw it doesn't offend me at all. But if it offends others then it obviously needs looked at

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"What i find scary is the inability of some people to see that if some people find something offensive then it clearly is offensive, even if you don't think it is! "

Exactly!

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

I am calm, I shall rephrase my earlier comment for the thick and the stupid, the term BBC is offensive maybe to you and many others but to some it isn’t you forgot to mention the easily offended

Do you agree it is offensive?? Simple question?"

no

over a year ago

I find Tottenham offensive, we need them banned

over a year ago

I am calm, I shall rephrase my earlier comment for the thick and the stupid, the term BBC is offensive maybe to you and many others but to some it isn’t you forgot to mention the easily offended

Do you agree it is offensive?? Simple question? no "

Even though people are offended? How do you explain it to them?

over a year ago

I don't get why anyone goes to a match with a huge banner they probably spent several hours on.

Pint, pie and sit and watch the game. Banners? Pah!

over a year ago

Then you need to be educated.

over a year ago

Its a banner at the match of a Man with his cock out, Surely that's offensive

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Do you agree it is offensive?? Simple question?"

I agree people find it offensive and I stand by and support them in this. I should not have been done for this reason.

However I am not offended by it at all. I don't get offended on other people's behalf.

Offended by proxy. That for some people is offensive in itself.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Do you agree it is offensive?? Simple question? no

Then you need to be educated. "

why? Because I don’t find something some find offensive so does John Barnes need educating as he didn’t find the Man City’s players tweet offensive ? Just out of curiosity is it against site rules to use the term bbc? Maybe I’m not the only one that needs educating

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Now if the term BBC is offensive to people on here they why on earth hasn't the people on here screamed and complained on all the BBC threads that have been on here? 35 in the last 6 weeks alone and no mention by any one saying its offensive on any of them. Why not???

over a year ago

I agree people find it offensive and I stand by and support them in this. I should not have been done for this reason.

However I am not offended by it at all. I don't get offended on other people's behalf.

Offended by proxy. That for some people is offensive in itself. "

So, if someone racially stereotyped you and where you are from , is that is ok as long as the person saying it though it wasn’t offensive??

over a year ago

Then you need to be educated. why? Because I don’t find something some find offensive so does John Barnes need educating as he didn’t find the Man City’s players tweet offensive ? Just out of curiosity is it against site rules to use the term bbc? Maybe I’m not the only one that needs educating "

Does John Barnes speak for every black man ? Did the Man City tweet mention BBC? Just because you don’t find something offensive doesn’t mean it isn’t? You do understand that concept ?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Isn't intellectually stereotyping people who may not agree with your opinion just as bad?

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

So, if someone racially stereotyped you and where you are from , is that is ok as long as the person saying it though it wasn’t offensive?? "

Reread what I said.

The very first thing I mentioned was that it should not have been done because some people clearly find it offensive.

Read things correctly before responding, and don't cherry pick parts of an answer that you feel benefit your own argument.

over a year ago

"Now if the term BBC is offensive to people on here they why on earth hasn't the people on here screamed and complained on all the BBC threads that have been on here? 35 in the last 6 weeks alone and no mention by any one saying its offensive on any of them. Why not???"

This thread isn't about this site though, in fairness. It's about a banner at a football match.

There are clearly sexual connotations and context where bbc is used and accepted by some. No one is saying everyone is offended by it. Just that in the context given in the OP, it's understandable that it is deemed racial stereotyping that could be offensive.

The threads you refer to are in a sexual context on a swingers website, where the term BBC is more acceptable.

Hope this helps.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Then you need to be educated. why? Because I don’t find something some find offensive so does John Barnes need educating as he didn’t find the Man City’s players tweet offensive ? Just out of curiosity is it against site rules to use the term bbc? Maybe I’m not the only one that needs educating

Does John Barnes speak for every black man ? Did the Man City tweet mention BBC? Just because you don’t find something offensive doesn’t mean it isn’t? You do understand that concept ? "

as John suffered racism in football at its peek when he speaks about it and voices his opinion I think people should take on board what he’s actually speaking about

over a year ago

So, if someone racially stereotyped you and where you are from , is that is ok as long as the person saying it though it wasn’t offensive??

Reread what I said.

The very first thing I mentioned was that it should not have been done because some people clearly find it offensive.

Read things correctly before responding, and don't cherry pick parts of an answer that you feel benefit your own argument. "

I did read it, and I have just re read it again. The banner didn’t offend you? You don’t get offended by proxy? Why did you make those statements ? So, with that in mind , are you ok if you get racial stereotyped even though it isn’t offensive to everyone ?

over a year ago

Then you need to be educated. why? Because I don’t find something some find offensive so does John Barnes need educating as he didn’t find the Man City’s players tweet offensive ? Just out of curiosity is it against site rules to use the term bbc? Maybe I’m not the only one that needs educating

Does John Barnes speak for every black man ? Did the Man City tweet mention BBC? Just because you don’t find something offensive doesn’t mean it isn’t? You do understand that concept ? as John suffered racism in football at its peek when he speaks about it and voices his opinion I think people should take on board what he’s actually speaking about "

Why? I have heard John Fashanu say the opposite? He was also racial abused ?

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Does John Barnes speak for every black man ? Did the Man City tweet mention BBC? Just because you don’t find something offensive doesn’t mean it isn’t? You do understand that concept ? as John suffered racism in football at its peek when he speaks about it and voices his opinion I think people should take on board what he’s actually speaking about

Why? I have heard John Fashanu say the opposite? He was also racial abused ? "

opinions isn’t it ?like I’ve got my views and you have yours

over a year ago

"Now if the term BBC is offensive to people on here they why on earth hasn't the people on here screamed and complained on all the BBC threads that have been on here? 35 in the last 6 weeks alone and no mention by any one saying its offensive on any of them. Why not???

This thread isn't about this site though, in fairness. It's about a banner at a football match.

There are clearly sexual connotations and context where bbc is used and accepted by some. No one is saying everyone is offended by it. Just that in the context given in the OP, it's understandable that it is deemed racial stereotyping that could be offensive.

The threads you refer to are in a sexual context on a swingers website, where the term BBC is more acceptable.

Hope this helps. "

His name is Divock Origi he gets called Bigcock because it sounds similar to his name Nothing to do with the term BBC, They just used a very common picture with his face on it

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Now if the term BBC is offensive to people on here they why on earth hasn't the people on here screamed and complained on all the BBC threads that have been on here? 35 in the last 6 weeks alone and no mention by any one saying its offensive on any of them. Why not???

Hope this helps. "

That's besides the point you clearly state guys you know would be offended by the term and you as good as say you are if you feel so strongly why have you not expressed your disdain to this term on other threads. Oh and there was no mention of BBC on the banner just to clarify only a naked body.

over a year ago

Does John Barnes speak for every black man ? Did the Man City tweet mention BBC? Just because you don’t find something offensive doesn’t mean it isn’t? You do understand that concept ? as John suffered racism in football at its peek when he speaks about it and voices his opinion I think people should take on board what he’s actually speaking about

Why? I have heard John Fashanu say the opposite? He was also racial abused ? opinions isn’t it ?like I’ve got my views and you have yours "

Yes , and my opinion is that the term BBC is offensive ?

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Several? At a guess you have met 0.00001% of the black male population. I don’t get your point ? "

and how many of those use the term to describe themselves on this site?

over a year ago

Seems like people love to be outraged these days. Even more curiously, people seem to love to be outraged on other peoples behalf when those that shod be outraged aren't all that bothered at all.

Also, it seems that a lot of people weren't around when real racism was rife to understand was racism really is.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Why? I have heard John Fashanu say the opposite? He was also racial abused ? opinions isn’t it ?like I’ve got my views and you have yours

Yes , and my opinion is that the term BBC is offensive ? "

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"Apparently saying or showing black men have large cocks is racist according to Liverpool FC.

What's your thoughts/views?"

It’s unacceptable. It’s embarrassing.

Josh Magennis had to ask Northern Ireland supporters to stop singing a song alluding to the size of his cock. And that’s from supporters who love the lad.

What passed for “banter” was racist and playing on stereotypes- and whether it was meant or not doesn’t really matter.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Reread what I said.

Read things correctly before responding, and don't cherry pick parts of an answer that you feel benefit your own argument.

I did read it, and I have just re read it again. The banner didn’t offend you? You don’t get offended by proxy? Why did you make those statements ? So, with that in mind , are you ok if you get racial stereotyped even though it isn’t offensive to everyone ? "

Because the number of things in this world that can offend somebody is infinite and if we all got offended on other people's behalf (no matter how serious it actually is) we would spend our entire lives doing nothing but. That is exactly why I'm not offended.

You are clearly choosing to miss out the point I make about how I support those that are offended, and that what happened should not have been done.

So no, I'm not OK with being racially stereotyped for whatever reason, however I do not get offended easily anyway. And if I were offended I'd not assume or expect anyone to be offended on my behalf.

You are confusing not being offended with not caring or knowing what is right or wrong.

I can be compassionate for others without being offended.

over a year ago

Hope this helps.

That's besides the point you clearly state guys you know would be offended by the term and you as good as say you are if you feel so strongly why have you not expressed your disdain to this term on other threads. Oh and there was no mention of BBC on the banner just to clarify only a naked body.

"

Well the whole discussion seems to have moved away from the OP. I'm well aware the term bbc wasn't used on the banner. And as to other threads... if you've managed to scroll through all 35 threads to see if I've commented then I'm impressed! For the record, I normally avoid such debates because it's normally wasted breath and I don't spend my entire life in the forum looking for bbc threads! But for sure if I do comment, you will never find me advocating the use of the term.

over a year ago

Reread what I said.

I did read it, and I have just re read it again. The banner didn’t offend you? You don’t get offended by proxy? Why did you make those statements ? So, with that in mind , are you ok if you get racial stereotyped even though it isn’t offensive to everyone ?

Because the number of things in this world that can offend somebody is infinite and if we all got offended on other people's behalf (no matter how serious it actually is) we would spend our entire lives doing nothing but. That is exactly why I'm not offended.

You are clearly choosing to miss out the point I make about how I support those that are offended, and that what happened should not have been done.

So no, I'm not OK with being racially stereotyped for whatever reason, however I do not get offended easily anyway. And if I were offended I'd not assume or expect anyone to be offended on my behalf.

You are confusing not being offended with not caring or knowing what is right or wrong.

I can be compassionate for others without being offended. "

True, you make a very good point . Unfortunately a lot of people on here forget about the compassion and assume because they aren’t offended then it isn’t offensive

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Hope this helps.

Well the whole discussion seems to have moved away from the OP. I'm well aware the term bbc wasn't used on the banner. And as to other threads... if you've managed to scroll through all 35 threads to see if I've commented then I'm impressed! For the record, I normally avoid such debates because it's normally wasted breath and I don't spend my entire life in the forum looking for bbc threads! But for sure if I do comment, you will never find me advocating the use of the term. "

I know you haven't on any of the 35 and have checked so why not if you feel so strongly? Or is this a bandwagon thing?

over a year ago

Hope this helps.

Well the whole discussion seems to have moved away from the OP. I'm well aware the term bbc wasn't used on the banner. And as to other threads... if you've managed to scroll through all 35 threads to see if I've commented then I'm impressed! For the record, I normally avoid such debates because it's normally wasted breath and I don't spend my entire life in the forum looking for bbc threads! But for sure if I do comment, you will never find me advocating the use of the term.

I know you haven't on any of the 35 and have checked so why not if you feel so strongly? Or is this a bandwagon thing? "

I thought I explained. I don't like wasting my breath and I don't spend every waking moment on the forum.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Reread what I said.

I can be compassionate for others without being offended.

True, you make a very good point . Unfortunately a lot of people on here forget about the compassion and assume because they aren’t offended then it isn’t offensive

"

I fully agree with you on that, which is why I think there is such a divide about the whole thing and people butt heads much more than is needed.

Its OK to not be offended, but it's not OK to blatantly do something that has a high chance of causing offence to somebody, or support such a thing.

over a year ago

well if theres any bbc lovers on here hit me up lol

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Hope this helps.

I know you haven't on any of the 35 and have checked so why not if you feel so strongly? Or is this a bandwagon thing?

I thought I explained. I don't like wasting my breath and I don't spend every waking moment on the forum. "

Bandwagon then but then its hard to make up an excuse for your clear lack of rant on other threads.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I can see why a black man can be offended by been called a bbc as there is more to a man other than the size of his dick regardless of his colour.There are guys on Fabs that will use the term bbc on their profile or username which is their right some will have success with it on Fabs others won’t.The incident in question happened at a football match and the fans that put up the banner should have thought about the fans that may have been offended as now a days a night out at the football can be a family thing and no one wants to see or hear something that can be viewed as racist especially if there are young children at the game.In view of some of the racist things we have had this season in football like players been racially abused on Twitter for missing penalties , the monkey chants at the England games , the FA Cup game abandoned at the weekend I would say the banner last night was the least offensive I have seen and read this season not that I am excusing it.It would be interesting to see what if anything Raheem Sterling has to say as he has done so much good work on racism the last year or so.

over a year ago

"I can see why a black man can be offended by been called a bbc as there is more to a man other than the size of his dick regardless of his colour.There are guys on Fabs that will use the term bbc on their profile or username which is their right some will have success with it on Fabs others won’t.The incident in question happened at a football match and the fans that put up the banner should have thought about the fans that may have been offended as now a days a night out at the football can be a family thing and no one wants to see or hear something that can be viewed as racist especially if there are young children at the game.In view of some of the racist things we have had this season in football like players been racially abused on Twitter for missing penalties , the monkey chants at the England games , the FA Cup game abandoned at the weekend I would say the banner last night was the least offensive I have seen and read this season not that I am excusing it.It would be interesting to see what if anything Raheem Sterling has to say as he has done so much good work on racism the last year or so."

It wasn't racist imo, It was offensive as it was a banner with a cock on it,

Its only been highlighted as the whole

racism at football has raised its ugly head again

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Remember Tony Adams... decent defender

Hung like a donkey. "

No. He played like a donkey

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

People being offended on others behalf ..

Snowflake city tonight..

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 24/10/19 22:15:50]

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"well if theres any bbc lovers on here hit me up lol "

over a year ago

Hope this helps.

I thought I explained. I don't like wasting my breath and I don't spend every waking moment on the forum.

Bandwagon then but then its hard to make up an excuse for your clear lack of rant on other threads. "

Waste. Of. Breath.

You believe what you want. I don't rant. Not my style. Not sure what your issue with me is. I pointed out that just because someone doesn't find something offensive it doesn't mean it isn't to others. I'm not sure why you've picked on me over this. I'm not jumping on a bandwagon at all. But you have entertained me. Goodnight!

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"And yet it's a stereotype that is often used on here "

Yeah. Crap isn't it.

Wonder if someone could do something about that.

over a year ago

London

"So all the profiles that say BBC only are racist or just the handsome ones who look like Divock Origi?"

No, but they are a little bit ignorant. Or just want a certain type of black men.

over a year ago

London

Why? I have heard John Fashanu say the opposite? He was also racial abused ? opinions isn’t it ?like I’ve got my views and you have yours

Yes , and my opinion is that the term BBC is offensive ? "

In relation to an organ, maybe not. In relation to a person... You decide.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"So all the profiles that say BBC only are racist or just the handsome ones who look like Divock Origi?

No, but they are a little bit ignorant. Or just want a certain type of black men. "

I know, Never get the looking for a soulless ginger stereotype.

Post new Message to Thread