Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Garnier

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Garnier are flogging a 'vegan' hair mask. Garnier is not a cruelty free brand.

Hair care with a huge slice of irony.

It seems vivisection is still alive and well.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Is there any brand that uses 100% product, packaging, transport etc which has no element ever tested on animals in history?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Is there any brand that uses 100% product, packaging, transport etc which has no element ever tested on animals in history?"

Who knows? But it's a bit rich trying to sell something as vegan when it's well known the brand tests on animals.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Is there any brand that uses 100% product, packaging, transport etc which has no element ever tested on animals in history?

Who knows? But it's a bit rich trying to sell something as vegan when it's well known the brand tests on animals. "

I’d hope that someone who knows which brands to avoid would also know which brands to support.

Lou xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is there any brand that uses 100% product, packaging, transport etc which has no element ever tested on animals in history?"

Body shop?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is there any brand that uses 100% product, packaging, transport etc which has no element ever tested on animals in history?

Body shop?"

I don't know how far these brands go. Is it only their product that's not tested on animals? What about the paint thats used on their shop front?

over a year ago

Body shop?

I don't know how far these brands go. Is it only their product that's not tested on animals? What about the paint thats used on their shop front?"

All the way I would think. That’s why she started it. I’d be very surprised if anything involved testing on animals I really would.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Body shop?

I don't know how far these brands go. Is it only their product that's not tested on animals? What about the paint thats used on their shop front?

All the way I would think. That’s why she started it. I’d be very surprised if anything involved testing on animals I really would. "

I remember her first shop in The Laines in Brighton.

She was heavily criticised for selling to L'Ideal though, part owned by Nestle.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

L'Oreal

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Garnier are flogging a 'vegan' hair mask. Garnier is not a cruelty free brand.

It seems vivisection is still alive and well. "

Nearly every company is jumping on the sustainable train, without putting it into practice. For example RyanAir saying they are the cleanest airline, which is non sense. They have polices that may make them the best in the future but they’ve massaged stats for advertising fodder.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Who knows? But it's a bit rich trying to sell something as vegan when it's well known the brand tests on animals.

I’d hope that someone who knows which brands to avoid would also know which brands to support.

Lou xx"

It's often a minefield. They might not test, but someone else might test for them. They might not test, but they might subject themselves to the testing required to sell in China. Do you count them, or their parent company, too?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

One I thought was a bit rich was a company advertising they sold a vegan lipstick. One out of their entire large range, happened to be vegan.

over a year ago

"Garnier are flogging a 'vegan' hair mask. Garnier is not a cruelty free brand.

It seems vivisection is still alive and well. "

That particular product, it's ingredients and manufacturing process would be vegan, YES, so what's wrong with stating it? Small steps to change a big world huh?

Would you say the same if you were in a restaurant with vegan options listed, tell them to rewrite the menu because they had meat options too....?

over a year ago

Silly angry uneducated ppl.....

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Lou xx

It's often a minefield. They might not test, but someone else might test for them. They might not test, but they might subject themselves to the testing required to sell in China. Do you count them, or their parent company, too? "

This is it, you will never get 100% cruelty free. Most/all produ, ts/ingredients will have been tested on animals at some point. However it is the point that the company takes a stand and refuses to no longer take part in it that I look at. Look for the official cruelty free logo too. Not just the basic "we don't test on animals" crap.

Most companies are essentially owned by one of the 4 big parent companies anyway so you won't ever get away from that either.

over a year ago

It's so funny but scary to watch ppl actually guess and make stuff up about a subject which is my field of work and has been for 20 years..... ....this attitude carries through the whole forum I think, just ppl wanting to "appear" wise and cool....

over a year ago

"It's so funny but scary to watch ppl actually guess and make stuff up about a subject which is my field of work and has been for 20 years..... ....this attitude carries through the whole forum I think, just ppl wanting to "appear" wise and cool.... "

So can you answer the question about the body shop then? I was a regional manager for the body shop at home for 10 years and I would be extremely gobsmacked if anything at all involved testing on animals. I would have commented on here that they absolutely don’t but if someone can prove otherwise I’m open to listen.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It's so funny but scary to watch ppl actually guess and make stuff up about a subject which is my field of work and has been for 20 years..... ....this attitude carries through the whole forum I think, just ppl wanting to "appear" wise and cool.... "

Then educate instead of complaing that somebody got it wrong?

over a year ago

"It's so funny but scary to watch ppl actually guess and make stuff up about a subject which is my field of work and has been for 20 years..... ....this attitude carries through the whole forum I think, just ppl wanting to "appear" wise and cool....

So can you answer the question about the body shop then? I was a regional manager for the body shop at home for 10 years and I would be extremely gobsmacked if anything at all involved testing on animals. I would have commented on here that they absolutely don’t but if someone can prove otherwise I’m open to listen. "

Having met Anita also and the extreme passion she had for the body shop and all it stands for I’d not only be extremely surprised but also very disappointed.

over a year ago

"It's so funny but scary to watch ppl actually guess and make stuff up about a subject which is my field of work and has been for 20 years..... ....this attitude carries through the whole forum I think, just ppl wanting to "appear" wise and cool....

So can you answer the question about the body shop then? I was a regional manager for the body shop at home for 10 years and I would be extremely gobsmacked if anything at all involved testing on animals. I would have commented on here that they absolutely don’t but if someone can prove otherwise I’m open to listen. "

They have a cut off date. Pretty much everything you can think of ever will at some point have been tested on animals by someone, and chemicals to be put on our skin need testing somehow too unless we launch and test directly on the general public. But BS will only buy materials not tested on animals after the cut off date.....

Its important to note that BS and all cosmetic manufacturers don't actually manufacture their raw materials or grow the crops or drill the oil that makes them... it's a huge chain and regulated with certification for NAT...

I actually supply BS

over a year ago

So can you answer the question about the body shop then? I was a regional manager for the body shop at home for 10 years and I would be extremely gobsmacked if anything at all involved testing on animals. I would have commented on here that they absolutely don’t but if someone can prove otherwise I’m open to listen.

They have a cut off date. Pretty much everything you can think of ever will at some point have been tested on animals by someone, and chemicals to be put on our skin need testing somehow too unless we launch and test directly on the general public. But BS will only buy materials not tested on animals after the cut off date.....

Its important to note that BS and all cosmetic manufacturers don't actually manufacture their raw materials or grow the crops or drill the oil that makes them... it's a huge chain and regulated with certification for NAT...

I actually supply BS "

Do you? They are a big part of my business. We need to talk. My people will contact your people

over a year ago

Having met Anita also and the extreme passion she had for the body shop and all it stands for I’d not only be extremely surprised but also very disappointed. "

With all cosmetics (imho this is, because I dint have boobs) they're generally unnecessary from a purist point of view - like who actually needs mascara? Yet were defrosting and shit so you can have beautiful eyes. So the only way to make things easier on the consumers conscience is claims like NAT....

over a year ago

Having met Anita also and the extreme passion she had for the body shop and all it stands for I’d not only be extremely surprised but also very disappointed.

With all cosmetics (imho this is, because I dint have boobs) they're generally unnecessary from a purist point of view - like who actually needs mascara? Yet were defrosting and shit so you can have beautiful eyes. So the only way to make things easier on the consumers conscience is claims like NAT...."

Have you seen me without mascara!! I look like a little piggy! Sod that!

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

I have to smile at some of the naivety regarding personal care products. There are lots of companies that say they don't test products on animals and they don't they are right. What they do though is buy in products from 3rd parties that test it on animals so they don't have to.

over a year ago

I actually supply BS

Do you? They are a big part of my business. We need to talk. My people will contact your people "

Hahaha, yes I work for a chemical company and I supply materials specific to the cosmetics market

over a year ago

"I have to smile at some of the naivety regarding personal care products. There are lots of companies that say they don't test products on animals and they don't they are right. What they do though is buy in products from 3rd parties that test it on animals so they don't have to. "

Yes of course they do. That’s a well known fact

over a year ago

With all cosmetics (imho this is, because I dint have boobs) they're generally unnecessary from a purist point of view - like who actually needs mascara? Yet were defrosting and shit so you can have beautiful eyes. So the only way to make things easier on the consumers conscience is claims like NAT....

Have you seen me without mascara!! I look like a little piggy! Sod that!"

And this is REAL LIFE, exactly!

over a year ago

"I have to smile at some of the naivety regarding personal care products. There are lots of companies that say they don't test products on animals and they don't they are right. What they do though is buy in products from 3rd parties that test it on animals so they don't have to.

Yes of course they do. That’s a well known fact "

Pretty much nothing you put on your skin that is made in the UK has been tested on animals for ages, even by the manufacturers, be they in China or Korea or France or wherever.....

See, ppl just read too much on facecake.....

over a year ago

I'm gonna shuddup now before some wanker call my boss to say I'm not working.....

By *ooBoo2300Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

The Body Shop had strong ethics around natural products and not tested on animals, but was sold while Anita was still alive and had kept her cancer diagnosis secret. Not even those she had worked closest with knew why she was selling to L’oriel. I’m not sure if, with the brand name, The Body Shop have managed to maintain the ethics it once stood for.

Lush was set up by the man who worked closest with Anita to create the natural cruelty free products and is something he still stands by. For this reason I trust Lush products and use them when I can.

over a year ago

"The Body Shop had strong ethics around natural products and not tested on animals, but was sold while Anita was still alive and had kept her cancer diagnosis secret. Not even those she had worked closest with knew why she was selling to L’oriel. I’m not sure if, with the brand name, The Body Shop have managed to maintain the ethics it once stood for.

Lush was set up by the man who worked closest with Anita to create the natural cruelty free products and is something he still stands by. For this reason I trust Lush products and use them when I can."

Mark Constantine

I'm saying nothing..... they're full of shit but they buy my shit also, so.....

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I thought that Nestlé/ L'Oréal sold the Body Shop? Or they were going to.

Post new Message to Thread