Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meghan and Harry

Jump to newest

By *akboy OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

They're constantly targeted, especially her I don't get it. She's done NOTHING but gets targeted by the media,the likes of Katie Hopkins and a lot of people just for breathing

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Haters are always going to hate. There's no logic to it..

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

There does seem to be sort of agenda here.

Sure, a prince and a princess are going to get media attention and I'm sure they expect that.

But the vitriol seems ridiculous, especially when Harry topped the polls as the most popular royal.

If you buy the tabloid shit that profiteers from this crap, you are an accessory to their stress, basically.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't read anything that's written about them but I did see the Tom Bradby thing.

I think that was a well executed spin designed to move public opinion in their favour. It's a shame it was necessary really. However although he didn't ask to be born to his position and she couldn't possibly have been aware of the depths to which our press will stoop the fact is they have immense wealth and privilege and people don't like that.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

There is more to all this than meets the eye..

Reply privately

By *akboy OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

"There is more to all this than meets the eye.. "

You mean like powerful people pulling strings behind the scenes lol?? I think that

Reply privately

By *ichelangeloxMan
over a year ago

cambridge

In truth, they both have an out, but choose not to take it. Instead they continue to profit from the grace and favour of their positions with the monarchy!! Public money spent on homes, wedding and holidays. Harry could of renounced his title and all the freebies that go with it, some time ago. I wonder if there would of been such an attraction then for Megan then. Not sure she would of gone for a registry office in Sussex over a state wedding and title?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"There is more to all this than meets the eye..

You mean like powerful people pulling strings behind the scenes lol?? I think that"

In what way?

Reply privately

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

It’s sad to see

But I had a feeling this maybe the case, I fear to be honest they will end up living in the USA

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

She knew what she was signing up for when she began her relationship with him. As for Harry, it's nothing he's not accustomed to. Suppose it's the flip side of living a priviliged life through birthright.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think that they are not helping themselves.

William and Kate don't have these issues.

Im not saying the press haven't been intrusive but it is very obvious that Harry has wanted to go to war with the media for a long time (can't really blame him) and he's doing it now. The fact he's having issues with William and other members of the family suggests he's really going about this the wrong way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s sad to see

But I had a feeling this maybe the case, I fear to be honest they will end up living in the USA"

Let them go. I love the royal family but its obvious they don't want to be part of it, so they should give up all royal privilege.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I do wonder about them. Yes it is a strain living in the public eye. Megan should have been quite clear what her role would be before she married Harry. They have a choice as whether to continue to lead their Royal life or to leave it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Poor Harry. Poor Meghan. It must be so hard for them living that billionaire lifestyle.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Poor Harry. Poor Meghan. It must be so hard for them living that billionaire lifestyle."

It is hard!

great privilege comes with great responsibility.

But if they don't want the responsibility then they need to give up the privilege.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Poor Harry. Poor Meghan. It must be so hard for them living that billionaire lifestyle.

It is hard!

great privilege comes with great responsibility.

But if they don't want the responsibility then they need to give up the privilege. "

Yes this

Reply privately

over a year ago

if you want to stay out of the papers, then stay out of the limelight, simple

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It’s sad to see

But I had a feeling this maybe the case, I fear to be honest they will end up living in the USA"

That might well be what they're leading up to.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It’s sad to see

But I had a feeling this maybe the case, I fear to be honest they will end up living in the USA

That might well be what they're leading up to. "

I do wonder too. They are going for 6 weeks and coming back for Christmas.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It’s sad to see

That might well be what they're leading up to. ,

I do wonder too. They are going for 6 weeks and coming back for Christmas."

I don't think we should forget that our opinion is being manipulated from both sides. I think the current comments coming from the Sussexes and the recent TV show is setting the scene for a departure. We will all say "who can blame them!?" because they've made it clear they're being put under so much pressure.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is the start of something bigger...

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It’s sad to see

That might well be what they're leading up to. ,

I do wonder too. They are going for 6 weeks and coming back for Christmas.

I don't think we should forget that our opinion is being manipulated from both sides. I think the current comments coming from the Sussexes and the recent TV show is setting the scene for a departure. We will all say "who can blame them!?" because they've made it clear they're being put under so much pressure. "

Yes agree

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"This is the start of something bigger... "

Such as?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think there are forces at work ....

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think there are forces at work .... "

That's undeniable. Gravity being one

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I think there are forces at work ....

That's undeniable. Gravity being one"

You won't say it openly but you know..

Reply privately

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

She is an easy target for the media as they play to the haters who read the red tops.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You won't say it openly but you know.. "

I really don't.

Is it "the force" a la Star Wars

Reply privately

By *akboy OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

"She is an easy target for the media as they play to the haters who read the red tops. "

Agreed

Reply privately

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Spit it out man.

Reply privately

By *akboy OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

"She knew what she was signing up for when she began her relationship with him. As for Harry, it's nothing he's not accustomed to. Suppose it's the flip side of living a priviliged life through birthright."

Yeah but she didnt sign up to get hounded by the media 100x more than the others and have racists going at her everyday for breathing. The media should be focussed on Prince Andrew but they're not

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"She knew what she was signing up for when she began her relationship with him. As for Harry, it's nothing he's not accustomed to. Suppose it's the flip side of living a priviliged life through birthright.

Yeah but she didnt sign up to get hounded by the media 100x more than the others and have racists going at her everyday for breathing. The media should be focussed on Prince Andrew but they're not "

No she didn't and that is wrong. There has just been a documentary about Andrew so he hasn't escaped the publicity either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if you want to stay out of the papers, then stay out of the limelight, simple"

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's undeniable. Gravity being one"

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You won't say it openly but you know..

"

I think he's sussed that I'm a secret sent. My cover is blown.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

They won’t be missed. Slip away to quiet anonymity.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

People just get a lot of pleasure and money for upsetting and hurting people.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"She knew what she was signing up for when she began her relationship with him. As for Harry, it's nothing he's not accustomed to. Suppose it's the flip side of living a priviliged life through birthright.

Yeah but she didnt sign up to get hounded by the media 100x more than the others and have racists going at her everyday for breathing. The media should be focussed on Prince Andrew but they're not "

So it's a racist plot ?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's a plot alright but not sure of the motives but trust me.. this will not end well

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Forces are mobilising against the Donald, the Markle and Harry's as they did against a previous Princess. It will unfold .. trust me

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Why does absolutely everything have to come back to being racist? She’s the only one that’s mentioned being a person of colour. That card can’t be used in every event.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The Wimbledon thing was strange.. was she at more risk than we knew ?

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"Forces are mobilising against the Donald, the Markle and Harry's as they did against a previous Princess. It will unfold .. trust me "

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Forces are mobilising against the Donald, the Markle and Harry's as they did against a previous Princess. It will unfold .. trust me "

Harry said in the documentary that he is terrified that Meghan will be hounded to death like his mother was.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The Wimbledon thing was strange.. was she at more risk than we knew ?"

When they thought that bloke was taking her picture? Surely anyone would be pissed off at that.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Forces are mobilising against the Donald, the Markle and Harry's as they did against a previous Princess. It will unfold .. trust me

Harry said in the documentary that he is terrified that Meghan will be hounded to death like his mother was."

It seems to be heading that way. So much pressure on them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Forces are mobilising against the Donald, the Markle and Harry's as they did against a previous Princess. It will unfold .. trust me

Harry said in the documentary that he is terrified that Meghan will be hounded to death like his mother was."

I’m not surprised he is! Understandable.

Reply privately

By *akboy OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

Yeah but she didnt sign up to get hounded by the media 100x more than the others and have racists going at her everyday for breathing. The media should be focussed on Prince Andrew but they're not

Why does absolutely everything have to come back to being racist? She’s the only one that’s mentioned being a person of colour. That card can’t be used in every event. "

No im saying the media AND racists like Katie Hopkins. I don't exactly know the motives of the media but the way they've been going at her is very questionnable too and you have to wonder why. Whether its the way she dresses, if she closes a car door, has a baby shower, or saying she's manipulating him lmao its overly obsessive

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Hounded out of the UK by rabid tabloids.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

So they have now announced that they are stepping back from royal duties and work towards becoming financially independent. Good luck to them.

Reply privately

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

It's all very well stepping back from public duty and I can only imagine the pressure that any of royal family are under when in public but personally think it is very hypocritical to have the wedding, honeymoon and a few public duties and then basically fuck off!

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It's all very well stepping back from public duty and I can only imagine the pressure that any of royal family are under when in public but personally think it is very hypocritical to have the wedding, honeymoon and a few public duties and then basically fuck off! "

Yep should have decided that before the big day

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hounded out of the UK by rabid tabloids."

I really don't think they have helped themselves to be honest.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Hounded out of the UK by rabid tabloids.

I really don't think they have helped themselves to be honest. "

I really like Harry, but I have to agree with you. They will still get lots of attention from the press, regardless.

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"So they have now announced that they are stepping back from royal duties and work towards becoming financially independent. Good luck to them. "

Cant quite see either of them on the deli counter in Tesco's

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"So they have now announced that they are stepping back from royal duties and work towards becoming financially independent. Good luck to them.

Cant quite see either of them on the deli counter in Tesco's "

No me neither

Reply privately

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"It's all very well stepping back from public duty and I can only imagine the pressure that any of royal family are under when in public but personally think it is very hypocritical to have the wedding, honeymoon and a few public duties and then basically fuck off! "

Whose to say he was entitled anyway, no one's mentioned the elephant on the thread.

I'd put money on it he's not Charles son.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It's all very well stepping back from public duty and I can only imagine the pressure that any of royal family are under when in public but personally think it is very hypocritical to have the wedding, honeymoon and a few public duties and then basically fuck off!

Whose to say he was entitled anyway, no one's mentioned the elephant on the thread.

I'd put money on it he's not Charles son."

Reply privately

By *uns_ine05Man
over a year ago

Sherborne

Well they should move out of that house we spent all that money on and let us sell it try make something back on it.

Reply privately

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"So they have now announced that they are stepping back from royal duties and work towards becoming financially independent. Good luck to them. "

I agree. And I’d also choose to be a financially independent millionaire if I had the choice.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Well they should move out of that house we spent all that money on and let us sell it try make something back on it."

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"So they have now announced that they are stepping back from royal duties and work towards becoming financially independent. Good luck to them.

I agree. And I’d also choose to be a financially independent millionaire if I had the choice. "

Maybe she'll go back to her acting career

Reply privately

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

I agree. And I’d also choose to be a financially independent millionaire if I had the choice.

Maybe she'll go back to her acting career "

Get her on Eastenders with Danny fucking Dyer to even up the talents

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Maybe she'll go back to her acting career

Get her on Eastenders with Danny fucking Dyer to even up the talents "

Haha

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I believe you are either a royal or you are not. Not dipping in or dipping out .

Good luck to them but no more tax payers money or royal protection

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I believe you are either a royal or you are not. Not dipping in or dipping out .

Good luck to them but no more tax payers money or royal protection "

I agree

Reply privately

By *uns_ine05Man
over a year ago

Sherborne

Set up a payment plan to pay back all the money we spend on the ungrateful fuckers .

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Wedding was 20 mill

And Frogmore cottage 20 mill

Take the money and run

Reply privately

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS
over a year ago

Woodbridge Suffolk

Have not read any of the above but did find it worrying that 22 minutes of BBC prime time news was devoted to this story whereas much less time devoted to Iranian attack on US bases and the air crash. Sad really I guess that's what we get when the media is devoted to celebrities and people lap it up!

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Have not read any of the above but did find it worrying that 22 minutes of BBC prime time news was devoted to this story whereas much less time devoted to Iranian attack on US bases and the air crash. Sad really I guess that's what we get when the media is devoted to celebrities and people lap it up!"

Unfortunately, yes

Reply privately

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

"Well they should move out of that house we spent all that money on and let us sell it try make something back on it."

“We spent all that money on, let us sell it”

All that money? What about 20p out of your personal income? Come on!

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 09/01/20 00:09:29]

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Well they should move out of that house we spent all that money on and let us sell it try make something back on it.

“We spent all that money on, let us sell it”

All that money? What about 20p out of your personal income? Come on!"

Haha

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

We could house refugees from the channel crossing in Frogmore Cottage

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 09/01/20 00:18:11]

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"We could house refugees from the channel crossing in Frogmore Cottage "

That's a whole new thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

Couldn’t give a fuck about the pair of them ,

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Couldn’t give a fuck about the pair of them , "

Oxygen thieves ?

Reply privately

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

It’s sad that the media and pressure of his lineage has caused him to turn his back on the U.K. yes I mean that, I can’t see him coming back except for family matters.

Apart from his mother, the most down to earth royalty .

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It’s sad that the media and pressure of his lineage has caused him to turn his back on the U.K. yes I mean that, I can’t see him coming back except for family matters.

Apart from his mother, the most down to earth royalty ."

I agree with you Stella, he has done charity work abroad, I hope he can continue with that

Reply privately

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"It’s sad that the media and pressure of his lineage has caused him to turn his back on the U.K. yes I mean that, I can’t see him coming back except for family matters.

Apart from his mother, the most down to earth royalty .

I agree with you Stella, he has done charity work abroad, I hope he can continue with that "

It’s a very sad day, think we have to take some of the responsibility too, as in the GP, we hounded Meghan and that’s hurt him..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Served his country in Afghan, brought us The Invicta Games, Harry and his Mrs deserve more respect.

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"Couldn’t give a fuck about the pair of them , "

^ This and the rest of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha family. Some magical genes that make them special (parasitic)?

And the dumb public keep paying for them whilst the homeless lie on the streets.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The monarchy will do what it needs to survive. This is just a bump in the road. They'll do what they need or want to do, it'll be news for a week then things will return to normal. There's a few heirs to the throne, Prince Harry is superfluous and there are plenty of others who can be made to look like senior royals with the right spin.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Served his country in Afghan, brought us The Invicta Games, Harry and his Mrs deserve more respect."

also his work helping to set up a school in Lesotho and still visits them

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

That tv show before Christmas was laying the groundwork for this. The suggestion that none of the other royals knew it was imminent is spin on their part to make it look as if M and H are deserting their posts and leaving HRH QE2, Charles and Wills in the lurch thereby gaining our sympathy.

It's a cynical attempt from both sides to manipulate our opinion.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

They were given the wedding they wanted, the house they wanted, the office they wanted, the money they wanted, the staff they wanted, the tours they wanted and had the backing of their family. In return they do Royal duties.

By the sounds of it they want to have their cake and eat it by doing some duties so they have time to make themselves money the rest of the time.

I havn't seen all the press stories but the ones I did see were her dad letting them publish her private letter AFTER he had been ripped to shreds in the media after her friends had been allowed to talk about the contents of the letter in the American media. Seems to be OK for her friends to do it but when the dad wants to put the record straight then it becomes a problem.

The other press I saw was them talking about the carbon footprint and then taking three flights in a private jet.

So it seems you can't point out the double standards in the likes of this without being accused of hounding the couple or being racist for mentioning it.

I said a long while ago, if you are not happy with the job you are doing, then leave the job and it's perks behind and go find yourself another job.

I also said after the engagement interview that she is going to causing waves.

Reply privately

By *indy777Couple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Now that they’ve extracted themselves from Royal life, perhaps they’ll pop up on here!

Bagsy first dibs??

Reply privately

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"In truth, they both have an out, but choose not to take it. Instead they continue to profit from the grace and favour of their positions with the monarchy!! Public money spent on homes, wedding and holidays. Harry could of renounced his title and all the freebies that go with it, some time ago. I wonder if there would of been such an attraction then for Megan then. Not sure she would of gone for a registry office in Sussex over a state wedding and title?"

Yes this.

Reply privately

By *idnightshadows88Couple
over a year ago

fillongley

If you thought Diana was an embarrassing problem for the royal, well you ain't seen nothing yet. Megan has only just started, certainly gonna be entertaining.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

If something unthinkable happens it will be a conspiracy unfolding before our eyes ..

Dark forces are at work here methinks ..

Reply privately

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

"Served his country in Afghan, brought us The Invicta Games, Harry and his Mrs deserve more respect."

You have to earn respect, truth is the royals serving in the armed forces costs this country a fortune in extra security, it's all very well using your position to get what you want and your face on the right magazine but as it's been said you can't have it both ways.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They have gone about it the wrong way.Its a good idea to have a branch of the royals in the Americas and Australasia

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Mark my words..

There is trouble ahead

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Served his country in Afghan, brought us The Invicta Games, Harry and his Mrs deserve more respect.

You have to earn respect, truth is the royals serving in the armed forces costs this country a fortune in extra security, it's all very well using your position to get what you want and your face on the right magazine but as it's been said you can't have it both ways."

So he didn't earn respect by going to the front line?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Served his country in Afghan, brought us The Invicta Games, Harry and his Mrs deserve more respect.

You have to earn respect, truth is the royals serving in the armed forces costs this country a fortune in extra security, it's all very well using your position to get what you want and your face on the right magazine but as it's been said you can't have it both ways.

So he didn't earn respect by going to the front line?"

He was 100% not in the front line... Andrew was

Reply privately

over a year ago

So he didn't earn respect by going to the front line?"

He wasn’t allowed on the front line. Not his choice though. He wanted to.

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

He wasn’t allowed on the front line. Not his choice though. He wanted to. "

He did go to the front in secret until it was leaked and he had to return

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Define front line ...

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Well based st Camp Bastion, flying an apache helicopter to support ground troops and remove injured personnel, counts as front line in my book.

He’s not infantry which have always been the true front line !

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Mmm

Reply privately

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I fail to understand the fuss. Are the other royals just concerned that their "work"load will increase?

Why does everyone assume that she is somehow to blame for this decision and leads him around by his dick? He does have a brain and wouldn't stay in an unhappy marriage, he saw the effects that can have first hand.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's sad that people make these media richer and I feel sad that I believe they're genuinely troubled

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

He was 100% not in the front line... Andrew was "

He still earns no respect? was he not in danger?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Of course he earns respect, he and every other person who served alongside him. His life is no more important though. All equal in the eyes of the Lord

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Of course he earns respect, he and every other person who served alongside him. His life is no more important though. All equal in the eyes of the Lord "

I didn't say his life was anymore important than anyone else...but people are still happy to slag him off and not remember his service and his charity work

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Of course he earns respect, he and every other person who served alongside him. His life is no more important though. All equal in the eyes of the Lord

I didn't say his life was anymore important than anyone else...but people are still happy to slag him off and not remember his service and his charity work"

Agreed

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 10/01/20 08:55:01]

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Of course he earns respect, he and every other person who served alongside him. His life is no more important though. All equal in the eyes of the Lord

I didn't say his life was anymore important than anyone else...but people are still happy to slag him off and not remember his service and his charity work"

Does that mean anyone who has given to charity/ done charity work/ been a soldier should be exempt from being criticised if they do something that another doesn't agree with?

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I didn't say his life was anymore important than anyone else...but people are still happy to slag him off and not remember his service and his charity work

Does that mean anyone who has given to charity/ done charity work/ been a soldier should be exempt from being criticised if they do something that another doesn't agree with? "

No it doesn't, I don't see what he's done wrong, but people don't see the good things he's done and charities/work he's still involved in.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I guess his normality is different to our normality and he has known nothing but being a Royal. If he is not happy with his lot then he is free to leave it behind. Millions would swap with him. But he seems to want to split on his terms when others are involved. I don't think it will end well and I honestly believe that there are sinister forces ready behind the scenes. The Royals are more accountable than ever. That's why Andrew is hidden away. The public will not stand for cherry picking. He could find himself loudly booed at events. Best he leave altogether leaving titles and hop off from Frogmore.

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

When I heard this news I actually thought oh , ok .

And carried on picking my nose.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I think we forget this young man has mental health issues regarding his Mum and before anyone jumps on my back, I respect us 'ordinary ' people do too, that makes him 'normal' and no amount of money will change that, or make it easier for him.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Does that mean anyone who has given to charity/ done charity work/ been a soldier should be exempt from being criticised if they do something that another doesn't agree with?

No it doesn't, I don't see what he's done wrong, but people don't see the good things he's done and charities/work he's still involved in."

They might well see what he does for charities, but that isn't the subject that is being discussed so it is irrelevant. I do lots of good things in my everyday life but if someone thinks I am being an arse one day I wouldn't expect them to take into account my previous good deeds.

Disclaimer, I don't think he is being an arse , I think he should do what makes him happy. I just don't think they should have their cake and eat it

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

No it doesn't, I don't see what he's done wrong, but people don't see the good things he's done and charities/work he's still involved in.

They might well see what he does for charities, but that isn't the subject that is being discussed so it is irrelevant. I do lots of good things in my everyday life but if someone thinks I am being an arse one day I wouldn't expect them to take into account my previous good deeds.

Disclaimer, I don't think he is being an arse , I think he should do what makes him happy. I just don't think they should have their cake and eat it"

My point is people are happy to see his 'bad ' side and say nasty things about him, without acknowledging the good side of him and the thread is also not about us 'normal ' people

Reply privately

over a year ago

The lad wants to change his job! BIG DEAL let him do it! Jesus excluding the work shy on here I would bet all of us have changed jobs at least once he is entitled to do it like the rest of us.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"The lad wants to change his job! BIG DEAL let him do it! Jesus excluding the work shy on here I would bet all of us have changed jobs at least once he is entitled to do it like the rest of us. "

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

My point is people are happy to see his 'bad ' side and say nasty things about him, without acknowledging the good side of him and the thread is also not about us 'normal ' people "

And why I pointed out they don't have to to discuss the subject. No one has to, in real life or on here, they can just discuss what he is doing now without a disclaimer of " but he is good at charity" We already know that, it doesn't need saying as it is irrelevant

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"

My point is people are happy to see his 'bad ' side and say nasty things about him, without acknowledging the good side of him and the thread is also not about us 'normal ' people

And why I pointed out they don't have to to discuss the subject. No one has to, in real life or on here, they can just discuss what he is doing now without a disclaimer of " but he is good at charity" We already know that, it doesn't need saying as it is irrelevant"

As it's a discussion forum, I thought I could express my opnion

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Which can be challenged

I think we are going down a slippery slope if we have to take into account charity work before having an opinion on someone

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Which can be challenged

I think we are going down a slippery slope if we have to take into account charity work before having an opinion on someone"

I respect your opinion and agree to disagree with you Rugby. Have a good day

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Which can be challenged

I think we are going down a slippery slope if we have to take into account charity work before having an opinion on someone"

Jimmy Saville did lots of good charity work..

Just saying...

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Which can be challenged

I think we are going down a slippery slope if we have to take into account charity work before having an opinion on someone

Just saying... "

So you're comparing Harry with Jimmy Saville now? Think I'll leave you all to it...

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Which can be challenged

Just saying...

So you're comparing Harry with Jimmy Saville now? Think I'll leave you all to it..."

Not at all.. I am saying that doing charity work does not make you a saint

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Which can be challenged

Just saying...

So you're comparing Harry with Jimmy Saville now? Think I'll leave you all to it...

Not at all.. I am saying that doing charity work does not make you a saint "

I got what you were saying and is exactly what my point was. I know you are not comparing JS to Prince Harry.

Reply privately

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s a dilemma of many layers..

He is a senior royal but without purpose. (As was Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, Prince Edward, Prince Andrew) all of them flailing in the wind to seek purpose

They live in a extraordinary privileged world and have little option of freedom, except to denounce, which in turn creates issues around their security. You don’t cease being Royal just because you denounce.

They are somewhat restricted by the establishment bodies who, to an extent dictate their lives

They clearly cannot just walk away and cut themselves off! If nothing else they are accustomed to the lifestyle

He saw what happened to his mother and has no doubt learned from it. Diana was drawn to living abroad had she lived. On the other hand he sees a commitment to protecting his wife and children

On the flip side....

Meghan knew what she was getting in to and in some respects I believe she is the driving pivot behind this decision.

I believe it is a decision in the not too distant future they will both regret ...

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It’s a dilemma of many layers..

He is a senior royal but without purpose. (As was Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, Prince Edward, Prince Andrew) all of them flailing in the wind to seek purpose

They live in a extraordinary privileged world and have little option of freedom, except to denounce, which in turn creates issues around their security. You don’t cease being Royal just because you denounce.

They are somewhat restricted by the establishment bodies who, to an extent dictate their lives

They clearly cannot just walk away and cut themselves off! If nothing else they are accustomed to the lifestyle

He saw what happened to his mother and has no doubt learned from it. Diana was drawn to living abroad had she lived. On the other hand he sees a commitment to protecting his wife and children

On the flip side....

Meghan knew what she was getting in to and in some respects I believe she is the driving pivot behind this decision.

I believe it is a decision in the not too distant future they will both regret ...

"

Exactly this. Meghan should have done a bit of research into the Royal family and what her role would involve, I still feel Harry is unhappy in his role, so needs to address where he wants to be with his family. Meghan has now gone back to America...

Reply privately

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Just wait til Mr Hewitt gets the call of “dad lend me a tenner”

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

On the flip side....

Exactly this. Meghan should have done a bit of research into the Royal family and what her role would involve, I still feel Harry is unhappy in his role, so needs to address where he wants to be with his family. Meghan has now gone back to America..."

Back to Canada, where she left her son Archie...

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This will all end in tradgedy mark my words.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Ok...

Reply privately

over a year ago

On the flip side....

"

A senior royal without purpose?

Does that not sum up the debate? If there is no purpose to the role then why have?

Maybe a redundancy notice needs to be issued and consultation process began?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

On the broader debate I am in favour of keeping a slimmed down version as there are too many hangers on in my opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let’s face it are the royal family really relevant?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Let’s face it are the royal family really relevant? "

I believe they are yes.

Although the monarchy is constitutional nowadays with little in the way of power they do play a significant role in my opinion. I think there's a need for them to change at a pace far quicker than they are doing and they need to ditch some of the advisors who seem to be trying to make them hold on to traditions that are outdated.

I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Let’s face it are the royal family really relevant?

I believe they are yes.

Although the monarchy is constitutional nowadays with little in the way of power they do play a significant role in my opinion. I think there's a need for them to change at a pace far quicker than they are doing and they need to ditch some of the advisors who seem to be trying to make them hold on to traditions that are outdated.

I'm interested to see how this all plays out. "

It will play out badly.. mark my words

Reply privately

By *lackertheberryWoman
over a year ago

london

"She knew what she was signing up for when she began her relationship with him. As for Harry, it's nothing he's not accustomed to. Suppose it's the flip side of living a priviliged life through birthright."

I don’t think she knew she was signing up for misogyny and racism from the British press

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"This will all end in tradgedy mark my words.

"

How very dramatic

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The press played a straight bat.. they were cringeworthy in my opinion

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I believe they are yes.

I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

It will play out badly.. mark my words"

do you reckon?

I'm not sure. I liken it to a big row in a dysfunctional family. All sides think they're right, threats are issued, a couple of them decide to move away and everyone else in the family blame his wife who refuses to go and visit them.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I believe they are yes.

I'm interested to see how this all plays out. "

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I don’t think she knew she was signing up for misogyny and racism from the British press "

I think she may have had an idea

Reply privately

By *atonMan
over a year ago

barnet

Free loading parasites ..sequestrate buck palace and give them a council flat each .

Reply privately

By *lackertheberryWoman
over a year ago

london

I don’t think she knew she was signing up for misogyny and racism from the British press

I think she may have had an idea "

Love is strong, no one should expect to be targeted for their race

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I think she may have had an idea

Love is strong, no one should expect to be targeted for their race "

No they shouldn't

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Why does everyone assume that she is somehow to blame for this decision and leads him around by his dick? He does have a brain and wouldn't stay in an unhappy marriage, he saw the effects that can have first hand."

This issue has brought the gammon back out in their droves.

Woman who follows the path of her husband - devoted

Man who follows the path of his wife - domineered

Then you get comments about "knowing who wears the trousers" etc.

The implication being that men are more important than women.

It's 2019, for fuck's sake - the days of women being the property of men are long gone.

They have zero effect on my life, but I wish them well.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Well the Royals have announced they will not get public funds. Fair play

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

Why does everyone assume that she is somehow to blame for this decision and leads him around by his dick? He does have a brain and wouldn't stay in an unhappy marriage, he saw the effects that can have first hand.

It's 2019, for fuck's sake - the days of women being the property of men are long gone.

"

Reply privately

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

"

"

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve seen some terrible comments on social media about them, anyone would think these people who have such strong negative opinions actually know the couple.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think they are too woke to even consider being each others property..

I think many married couples do belong to each other ..

Romance is not dead

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

So the press have descended on Sandringham, you would think they would leave them alone. There will be a statement in due course, no doubt.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

It's 2020

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

lolol, yes. And here's me complaining about others being behind the times!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

its racism pure and simple.... the daily mail, the telegraph, the express, the sun... they have all critised meghan for doing something kate has done in the past....

they will deny "racism"... the proof is there and there have been overtones in it from the very time they got engaged.....

they will never be able to do right for doing wrong whilst they are living here, and i am not surprised they want to leave and live in canada...

they hound meghan just like they hounded diana... but this time harry is old enough to do something about it!

Reply privately

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Katie hopkins is racist, Meghan isn't white.

Didn't take much figuring out really.

Ooh and all this brexit media shit and getting immigrants out? Racists. The media supports racists,ablists, sexism etc.

Reply privately

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

"its racism pure and simple.... the daily mail, the telegraph, the express, the sun... they have all critised meghan for doing something kate has done in the past....

they will deny "racism"... the proof is there and there have been overtones in it from the very time they got engaged.....

they will never be able to do right for doing wrong whilst they are living here, and i am not surprised they want to leave and live in canada...

they hound meghan just like they hounded diana... but this time harry is old enough to do something about it!"

Reply privately

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Why does absolutely everything have to come back to being racist? She’s the only one that’s mentioned being a person of colour. That card can’t be used in every event.

No im saying the media AND racists like Katie Hopkins. I don't exactly know the motives of the media but the way they've been going at her is very questionnable too and you have to wonder why. Whether its the way she dresses, if she closes a car door, has a baby shower, or saying she's manipulating him lmao its overly obsessive"

The media exist to promote hate so that we take out certain things on people who don't contribute to our problrms and ignore who really contribute to themso they can carry on doing what they're doing.imo.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"its racism pure and simple.... the daily mail, the telegraph, the express, the sun... they have all critised meghan for doing something kate has done in the past....

they hound meghan just like they hounded diana... but this time harry is old enough to do something about it!"

So they hounded Diana because the press was racist ?

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

theres a video of her going around and it looks very very convincing ...

Reply privately

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman
over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

What have they criticised and how do you calculate that the criticism is based on race?

Reply privately

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

"What have they criticised and how do you calculate that the criticism is based on race? "

The Jo Marney saga was definitely racist.

If you look on social media there are countless people comparing headlines of Kate to Meghan on similar things such as Avocado, off the shoulder dresses, touching bumps etc etc. And the difference in how the media have written the article is truly shocking.

Whether it’s down to her race or not we don’t know for sure. But it does make me wonder why similar articles are so different for each woman.

Reply privately

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

they hound meghan just like they hounded diana... but this time harry is old enough to do something about it!

So they hounded Diana because the press was racist ?"

They hounded Diana because she dared to be different and dared to care. There’s an interview of here where the interviewer asks if she will ever be Queen. Her response is telling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do think Meghan will sadly go the same way as Diana

Reply privately

over a year ago

They hounded Diana because she dared to be different and dared to care. There’s an interview of here where the interviewer asks if she will ever be Queen. Her response is telling. "

It’s so not true. The press didn’t kill Diana

Reply privately

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

They hounded Diana because she dared to be different and dared to care. There’s an interview of here where the interviewer asks if she will ever be Queen. Her response is telling.

It’s so not true. The press didn’t kill Diana "

Did I say the press killed Diana?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have not seen any racialist coverage to be fair.. who has ?

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"What have they criticised and how do you calculate that the criticism is based on race? "

They have criticised both of them on a few things, one of them I saw was them talking about the carbon footprint and then taking three flights in a private jet.

So it seems you can't point out the double standards in the likes of this without being accused of hounding the couple or being racist for mentioning it.

I have not seen all the press obviously, but there was a discussion this morning and the person accusing the UK of being racist towards her was asked to point it out so everyone could see. She evaded he answer so I still don't know.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"What have they criticised and how do you calculate that the criticism is based on race?

The Jo Marney saga was definitely racist.

If you look on social media there are countless people comparing headlines of Kate to Meghan on similar things such as Avocado, off the shoulder dresses, touching bumps etc etc. And the difference in how the media have written the article is truly shocking.

Whether it’s down to her race or not we don’t know for sure. But it does make me wonder why similar articles are so different for each woman."

I don't any of them have missed out on being reported for things...Kate, Diana , Fergie, Camilla...they have all had it in the neck.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately Meghan is a loose cannon (like Diana) she wants to leave the royal family, but she knows things. She won’t be here long.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So the press have descended on Sandringham, you would think they would leave them alone. There will be a statement in due course, no doubt."

Id love to know how all the reporters know whats being said

Oh lets say the Queen called Harry a forward thinker.

Excuse me HOW THE HELL DO U NO THAT. Pure and simple you dont !

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"So the press have descended on Sandringham, you would think they would leave them alone. There will be a statement in due course, no doubt.

Id love to know how all the reporters know whats being said

Oh lets say the Queen called Harry a forward thinker.

Excuse me HOW THE HELL DO U NO THAT. Pure and simple you dont !"

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

There will be another tragic ending to this sorry tale..

The dice are rolling too far to be stopped..

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"There will be another tragic ending to this sorry tale..

The dice are rolling too far to be stopped.."

It doesn't have to work out that way. Things could work out really well, being away from the pressures of Royal life could suit them both

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Twitter is deleting a video that showed Harry shamelessly suggesting to Disney head bob ieger that Megan is great at voice overs and maybe should be given a chance.

Shameless influence peddling...

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"There will be another tragic ending to this sorry tale..

The dice are rolling too far to be stopped..

It doesn't have to work out that way. Things could work out really well, being away from the pressures of Royal life could suit them both "

They won't be able to get away from the things they are complaining about though as they will need publicity to help their new way of making money.

Reply privately