Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Have you ever...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Been doing something and you just know it's going to go horribly wrong but carry on anyway?

I was shaping some wood with a chisel once and i thought to myself 'if i slip i'm going to get hurt'. Seconds later a mad dash to A+E bleeding profusely followed by ten stitches and a day off work.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Ouch! That must be quite a wound. Hope it heals quickly.

Many times I've thought I should stop doing something before it goes horribly wrong, many times I've blithely continued until it does

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

More times than I would like to admit but i am keeping my Mr Bean moments to myself

LJ

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Taking the more difficult trail on my mountain bike, knowing it’s a 50/50 chance I’ll fall which I always do..

over a year ago

"Ouch! That must be quite a wound. Hope it heals quickly.

Many times I've thought I should stop doing something before it goes horribly wrong, many times I've blithely continued until it does "

It's fine thanks, though i have ended up with a loss of sensation in part of my thumb.

Not only that, when i went back to have the stitches removed i got so fed up with waiting i went home and took them out myself with a pair of side cutters.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Many times I've thought I should stop doing something before it goes horribly wrong, many times I've blithely continued until it does

It's fine thanks, though i have ended up with a loss of sensation in part of my thumb.

Not only that, when i went back to have the stitches removed i got so fed up with waiting i went home and took them out myself with a pair of side cutters. "

I've removed stitches and a cannula from my mum before now because she's arrived home from hospital with them still in place.

over a year ago

Not only that, when i went back to have the stitches removed i got so fed up with waiting i went home and took them out myself with a pair of side cutters.

I've removed stitches and a cannula from my mum before now because she's arrived home from hospital with them still in place. "

Top tip, as i'm sure you're aware: pull with the knotted end to avoid pulling the knot through the hole.

Post new Message to Thread