Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum Fancies

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've been ruminating (nasty habit) on my forum fancies.

Some people I would decline if they sent me a message become fanciable as I get to know them on here. Some I would fancy if they sent me a message lose their lustre as I read their posts.

That's normal familiarity stuff. As with the tangible world, can you spot when someone starts to warm or cool towards a poster?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Most definetly. Especially when they carry their disagreement out in the forum with bitchy snidy remarks and vieled comments

By *xperimentalistMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I thought this was going to be about Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes, and someone else teasing me that I can't get the after eight version of his French fancies here

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Not so much when their attention cools as there could be many reasons for that and its not always clear.

If people fall out though, sometimes it makes for uncomfortable reading. I'm not necessarily one to take pleasure in fallouts, unless it's a comeuppance for something, maybe.

By *ooBoo2300Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

I’ve definitely warmed to some through their forum posts who wouldn’t have popped up on any search I did. Still to meet a forum crush though...

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I thought this was going to be about Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes, and someone else teasing me that I can't get the after eight version of his French fancies here "

I was dissapointed this wasn't about cakes too

over a year ago

"I thought this was going to be about Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes, and someone else teasing me that I can't get the after eight version of his French fancies here "

I have had a hankering for a Fondant Fancy after posting the thread title. I can't imagine and After Eight version.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I thought this was going to be about Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes, and someone else teasing me that I can't get the after eight version of his French fancies here

I have had a hankering for a Fondant Fancy after posting the thread title. I can't imagine and After Eight version."

I'm picturing the chocolate ones with the cream part being mint flavoured.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Also if im chatting regular to someone in pm doesnt always mean im chatting to them on the forums

over a year ago

"Not so much when their attention cools as there could be many reasons for that and its not always clear.

If people fall out though, sometimes it makes for uncomfortable reading. I'm not necessarily one to take pleasure in fallouts, unless it's a comeuppance for something, maybe. "

I'm not thinking about the fall outs, not even really the people who meet and it doesn't work out - those are too easy to spot.

It's more the gentle warming and then lustful fancy of someone who was initially ignored or dismissed, and vice versa.

By *inxybWoman
over a year ago

Durham

"I thought this was going to be about Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes, and someone else teasing me that I can't get the after eight version of his French fancies here

I have had a hankering for a Fondant Fancy after posting the thread title. I can't imagine and After Eight version.

I'm picturing the chocolate ones with the cream part being mint flavoured."

I need to try these!

over a year ago

"Also if im chatting regular to someone in pm doesnt always mean im chatting to them on the forums"

True.

over a year ago

I'm picturing the chocolate ones with the cream part being mint flavoured."

I wonder if the cake texture would work against the mint sensation? This may grow on me the more we discuss it. Your views may cool towards trying this.

Also, the chocolate fondant fancy is the one I like least.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Being fairly new on here and making unavoidable observations, searching for connections and friendships... I agree with you. It builds a better image of the person to not dismiss them, but just to keep an open mind... it is way too easy to write someone off online. And I have had a change of heart about few people. It takes time and attention and it's worth it.

over a year ago

No I don’t notice anything like that

over a year ago

Hold on.. i think i got it wrong yyh.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

No, I notice if there's been a fall out sometimes. They often make it obvious. If I'm talking to anyone privately I actually tend to avoid them on the forum for the most part!

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Not so much when their attention cools as there could be many reasons for that and its not always clear.

If people fall out though, sometimes it makes for uncomfortable reading. I'm not necessarily one to take pleasure in fallouts, unless it's a comeuppance for something, maybe.

I'm not thinking about the fall outs, not even really the people who meet and it doesn't work out - those are too easy to spot.

It's more the gentle warming and then lustful fancy of someone who was initially ignored or dismissed, and vice versa."

Ah yes, I see.

I think it's quite nice to see the warming and flirting between people on the threads. Several of the repeat threads that I post are intended to bring people together so I definitely enjoy it

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I have some

over a year ago

"Hold on.. i think i got it wrong yyh. "

I don't think you have. I liked your first post.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I wonder if the cake texture would work against the mint sensation? This may grow on me the more we discuss it. Your views may cool towards trying this.

"

I like them all (nom). The frosty fancies they do at Christmas are pretty good though.

By *xperimentalistMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I have some "

The expert has arrived

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I've been ruminating (nasty habit) on my forum fancies.

Some people I would decline if they sent me a message become fanciable as I get to know them on here. Some I would fancy if they sent me a message lose their lustre as I read their posts.

That's normal familiarity stuff. As with the tangible world, can you spot when someone starts to warm or cool towards a poster?

"

I can as I usially read people well and have some intuition. Unless someone's posts are clearly vile and reprehensible, I won't tend to judge them on what they say online but from my own interaction with them. I keep an open mind to people until proven otherwise and I don't burn bridges unless there's no alternative either.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I often notice people by the words they choose and the threads they post in and know they’re my kinda people. The forums are good to sit back and get a vibe about a personality that often leads to a lovely friendship

over a year ago

"No, I notice if there's been a fall out sometimes. They often make it obvious. If I'm talking to anyone privately I actually tend to avoid them on the forum for the most part! "

That is one of the things I notice, when I'm here a lot. I assume PMs for some people who were chatting suddenly going quiet but not obviously cooled or fallen out.

I haven't been around enough recently to keep up.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"I often notice people by the words they choose and the threads they post in and know they’re my kinda people. The forums are good to sit back and get a vibe about a personality that often leads to a lovely friendship "

Agreed

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I often notice people by the words they choose and the threads they post in and know they’re my kinda people. The forums are good to sit back and get a vibe about a personality that often leads to a lovely friendship "

Sometimes misunderstood but easily corrected

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I often notice people by the words they choose and the threads they post in and know they’re my kinda people. The forums are good to sit back and get a vibe about a personality that often leads to a lovely friendship

Sometimes misunderstood but easily corrected "

God yes.. can often go the other way too..

over a year ago

I agree. People who just contact the profile get fed up with me wanting to chat beyond 3 or 4 messages to get to know them.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"

They are bloody delicious I can tell you!

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"

Yes sometimes you can spot when people cool. In fairness though some people don’t attempt to hide it

Warming? Not so much. I notice that men who start threads only respond to those they like but that’s it really.

over a year ago

Im too self centred to notice

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I need to get to know people (& vice versa) before it leads anywhere.

over a year ago

Yes sometimes you can spot when people cool. In fairness though some people don’t attempt to hide it

Warming? Not so much. I notice that men who start threads only respond to those they like but that’s it really. "

I notice that too.

over a year ago

"Hold on.. i think i got it wrong yyh.

"

Thanks..

But I don't think I got to essence on it. I don't think it is always obvious, or indicates much, but I do wonder sometimes watching someone I would like to talk to (such a creep me!), if they would find me interesting if thats the person they flirt with openly.. Though the saying is the flower shouldn't concern herself with a flower next to it and just keep blooming, eh?

By *xperimentalistMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

They are bloody delicious I can tell you! "

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Plus i never flirt with anyone anyway

over a year ago

Thanks..

But I don't think I got to essence on it. I don't think it is always obvious, or indicates much, but I do wonder sometimes watching someone I would like to talk to (such a creep me!), if they would find me interesting if thats the person they flirt with openly.. Though the saying is the flower shouldn't concern herself with a flower next to it and just keep blooming, eh?"

We're human flowers with flaws and feelings.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I try not to think too hard about whether poster A and B get on or not. That's between them and not my business. Forum personas certainly also exist and cloud things if I were to try.

I know people read things into what I do, and from what I've heard, often incorrectly.

over a year ago

I wouldn't have a clue either way x

over a year ago

I need to try these! "

The Irish cream ones are also fabulous and a must try if you like fondant fancies.

over a year ago

You yes you who is reading that comment

over a year ago

"You yes you who is reading that comment "

Me? I read it.

over a year ago

I need to try these!

The Irish cream ones are also fabulous and a must try if you like fondant fancies. "

This is getting decidedly dodgy. I suspect you're people who also like Tiramisu.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

It makes for interesting people watching in here. It's often relatively easy to spot the flirting between people, but I am usually pretty perceptive.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Thanks..

But I don't think I got to essence on it. I don't think it is always obvious, or indicates much, but I do wonder sometimes watching someone I would like to talk to (such a creep me!), if they would find me interesting if thats the person they flirt with openly.. Though the saying is the flower shouldn't concern herself with a flower next to it and just keep blooming, eh?"

Great quote

over a year ago

I need to try these!

The Irish cream ones are also fabulous and a must try if you like fondant fancies.

This is getting decidedly dodgy. I suspect you're people who also like Tiramisu.

"

Oh god no, cant stand coffee

over a year ago

I need to try these!

Oh god no, cant stand coffee "

Good. I would have to start cooling towards you if you're a Tiramisuer.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I need to try these!

"

I do! It's delicious!

over a year ago

I need to try these!

Oh god no, cant stand coffee

Good. I would have to start cooling towards you if you're a Tiramisuer.

"

Hahaha no, I'm far more a banoffee pie girl. Which for some people is worse I think

over a year ago

"....can you spot when someone starts to warm or cool towards a poster?

"

Can sense it with their responsiveness or lack of in their messages.

Are they offering more information free or are they shirt, cold and clinical. How quick do they respond, us the conversation flowing or are they constantly being distracted by other things on fab.

over a year ago

"You yes you who is reading that comment

Me? I read it.

"

Will I be able to fuck your tits while singing Aïcha ?

over a year ago

Me? I read it.

Will I be able to fuck your tits while singing Aïcha ? "

What's your singing like?

over a year ago

Some people make it obvious. Mostly I have no idea who is fucking who.

over a year ago

"Some people make it obvious. Mostly I have no idea who is fucking who. "

Nor do I, really. It's not really about that, though. It's the change that happens between not remotely interested to finding them desirable and vice versa.

over a year ago

Me? I read it.

Very good if your deaf as a bat that is blind

"

over a year ago

Yellow ones are my fave..... ......chocolate ones don't even taste of chocolate.....

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yes I can. I find it a really interesting cross section of society. I like seeing the evolving friendships, the changes in dynamics between people when you can see that frisson slowly forming. The fora is like a busman's holiday for me

over a year ago

Me? I read it.

Very good if your deaf as a bat that is blind

"

I'll switch off my hearing aids.

over a year ago

"Yes I can. I find it a really interesting cross section of society. I like seeing the evolving friendships, the changes in dynamics between people when you can see that frisson slowly forming. The fora is like a busman's holiday for me "

I’m quite new to the forums but I’ve started to see this happen. Quite noticeably sometimes and it’s really interesting to watch it happen. People warm and cool. Come together. Flirt over threads. I honestly had no idea so many friendships were being built over here until I recently started dropping in and realised how much ongoing communication happens.

over a year ago

"Yes I can. I find it a really interesting cross section of society. I like seeing the evolving friendships, the changes in dynamics between people when you can see that frisson slowly forming. The fora is like a busman's holiday for me

I’m quite new to the forums but I’ve started to see this happen. Quite noticeably sometimes and it’s really interesting to watch it happen. People warm and cool. Come together. Flirt over threads. I honestly had no idea so many friendships were being built over here until I recently started dropping in and realised how much ongoing communication happens. "

I lurked for a while before I joined in. It was the friendships I could see that spurred me to post a thread. Which was ignored.

over a year ago

"Yes I can. I find it a really interesting cross section of society. I like seeing the evolving friendships, the changes in dynamics between people when you can see that frisson slowly forming. The fora is like a busman's holiday for me

I’m quite new to the forums but I’ve started to see this happen. Quite noticeably sometimes and it’s really interesting to watch it happen. People warm and cool. Come together. Flirt over threads. I honestly had no idea so many friendships were being built over here until I recently started dropping in and realised how much ongoing communication happens.

I lurked for a while before I joined in. It was the friendships I could see that spurred me to post a thread. Which was ignored. "

Same here. It made me want to keep popping back and eventually start occasionally commenting. It weirdly feels like I’m trying to gatecrash a members club sometimes because so many people seem to know each other but in a way that’s what’s nice too and I like that those types of friendships can be built.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think you while you *can* see forum "fancies" build and grow there is also a danger of perception differing greatly from reality and wrong conclusions being jumped to, especially with those who like to think they know everyone elses business.

Amuses me when others like to think they know the business of others when you know for a fact they don't have a clue.

That said this place can be a good "people watch" at times for sure.

Post new Message to Thread