Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How sexist are you?

Jump to newest

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

When did you realise and how do you counter it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"When did you realise and how do you counter it. "

I realised back in the 90s and have worked to reduce it, by noticing when I act without awareness of deeply ingrained assumptions that I haven’t unpicked. Self-awareness and inquiry are my main weapons in combatting my passive attention and distorted conditioning.

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Im not at all either professionally or socially men and women are equal in most ways but different in others I don't think more or less of someone according to gender.

By *northernsoulMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Never. Everyone should be equal, regardless of sex, gender, colour and creed. Treat people as you expect to be treated.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't know. I think undoing bias and doing better is a lifelong process of questioning. I try, I try to listen when I'm criticised and leave my discomfort for later, and I try to do better.

over a year ago

"Im not at all either professionally or socially men and women are equal in most ways but different in others I don't think more or less of someone according to gender. "

I didn’t think I was until I realised how I acted unaware of how my conditioning had affected me.

over a year ago

"I don't know. I think undoing bias and doing better is a lifelong process of questioning. I try, I try to listen when I'm criticised and leave my discomfort for later, and I try to do better. "

This

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Inherent (wouldn't let me use the correct term) bias is sometimes the most difficult to spot in yourself. Currently seeing sexism from a male perspective a lot at the moment. With terms like man up etc, and how they are viewed if they want to take a leading position of looking after their children.

over a year ago

"Inherent (wouldn't let me use the correct term) bias is sometimes the most difficult to spot in yourself. Currently seeing sexism from a male perspective a lot at the moment. With terms like man up etc, and how they are viewed if they want to take a leading position of looking after their children. "

Agreed. I’ve been wanting to use that term too

By *oggone OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

"I don't know. I think undoing bias and doing better is a lifelong process of questioning. I try, I try to listen when I'm criticised and leave my discomfort for later, and I try to do better. "

I agree it can be an ongoing process and we can have inherent latent biases. Early conditioning can set expectations and perceptions. Equally our environment, experiences can be opportunities that can lead to both positive and negative outcomes.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

We are all equal but some are more equal than others...

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m not sexist in the slightes- Phwoar!!! Look at the jugs on that bit of skirt!

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's not sexist to comment on differences between the sexes and yes there are exceptions to every rule..

over a year ago

In normal life I don't think I am I've never been told but I'm the first to admit when it comes to sport I'm different especially in football

over a year ago

I'm not sexist. My best mate's a woman.

over a year ago

I'm sexiest......

over a year ago

I'm about 62% sexist.

I've managed to get it down from 76% last year, hopefully by the end of last quarter of 2020 it will be around 40-45ish%. It's a work in progress.

over a year ago

What do you say to a women with two black eyes......Nothing because you have told her twice already.

As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, "If I'm going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman." She removes all her clothing and asks, "Is there someone on this plane who is man enough to make me feel like a woman?" A man stands up, removes his shirt and says, "Here, iron this!".

By *ishopstippleMan
over a year ago

Purley

"I’m not sexist in the slightes- Phwoar!!! Look at the jugs on that bit of skirt! "

Post new Message to Thread