Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Corrie

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

To all the corrie fans it is Sineads last week as she looses her battle with cancer. I am going to be in bits x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's not real!!!!!!

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"To all the corrie fans it is Sineads last week as she looses her battle with cancer. I am going to be in bits x"

Watch or do something else then

It's a soap and not a very good one at that x

over a year ago

Well thanks for giving it away.

over a year ago

"Well thanks for giving it away."

Was giving warning x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

it made me jump when she was sick evwrywhere

over a year ago

"Well thanks for giving it away."

It’s hardly a secret to be fair.

over a year ago

"It's not real!!!!!!"

So what? It’s a very real storyline that so many have to live through.

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"It's not real!!!!!!

So what? It’s a very real storyline that so many have to live through."

So why make people's lives worse by making a story out of it..

But my parents have cancer and refuse to watch it.. They want a get away not a nagging reminder from some snowflake writer looking for viewing numbers

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

*both

over a year ago

I dont read the tv mags for a reason. What's the point in knowing the end of the plot?

over a year ago

Warning? You just gave away the ending.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Such a sad storyline especially as she is a young married lady with a son who is less than a year old will be such a sad week us Corrie fans.

over a year ago

This is why I don’t watch any soaps anymore. They used to be light entertainment and fun. They’re so depressing now. Haven’t watched a soap for about 10 years! Not what I want when I’ve been at work all day and I just want to sit and relax and watch a bit of telly.

over a year ago

"This is why I don’t watch any soaps anymore. They used to be light entertainment and fun. They’re so depressing now. Haven’t watched a soap for about 10 years! Not what I want when I’ve been at work all day and I just want to sit and relax and watch a bit of telly. "

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We have mixed views on this.

Mine (J) is that it’s highlighting the importance of smear tests - although if I’d had to wait until 25 I’d have been dead.

T’s - for many people this/has been real life (including him)

I can see both sides. But will watch & cry when he is at work & hug the life out of him when he gets home xx

J x

over a year ago

"We have mixed views on this.

Mine (J) is that it’s highlighting the importance of smear tests - although if I’d had to wait until 25 I’d have been dead.

I can see both sides. But will watch & cry when he is at work & hug the life out of him when he gets home xx

J x

"

Is that what it’s about? How old is she? They won’t do smear tests under 25

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

J x

Is that what it’s about? How old is she? They won’t do smear tests under 25 "

I think she was @24 (in character) when diagnosed so yes highlighting that 25 is too old for a 1st smear!!! I was 19 when I had my 1st & it saves my life xx

over a year ago

J x

I think she was @24 (in character) when diagnosed so yes highlighting that 25 is too old for a 1st smear!!! I was 19 when I had my 1st & it saves my life xx

"

Wow. The reason they gave me is because there is a higher risk of miscarriage in later life if they do them under 25. We were told they wouldn’t do it but we could pay privately but to be aware of the risks. My daughter chose not to. I have heard other stories like yours and think this needs looking into more. I haven’t seen any of Corrie but hopefully it will highlight the fact it needs more research.

over a year ago

J x

Is that what it’s about? How old is she? They won’t do smear tests under 25 "

Not unless you have children thanks to hpv injection cervical cancer is in decline but still too many people die from this dreadful disease x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

J x

Wow. The reason they gave me is because there is a higher risk of miscarriage in later life if they do them under 25. We were told they wouldn’t do it but we could pay privately but to be aware of the risks. My daughter chose not to. I have heard other stories like yours and think this needs looking into more. I haven’t seen any of Corrie but hopefully it will highlight the fact it needs more research.

"

wow i never knew any of that. I had my first smear test at about 18 as they used to do them once you had been sexually active for so long and i have actually had two miscarriages

over a year ago

J x

wow i never knew any of that. I had my first smear test at about 18 as they used to do them once you had been sexually active for so long and i have actually had two miscarriages"

Yes. I didn’t know until the past year or so. I had a colposcopy at age 23 (before kids). I wanted my daughter to have a smear test as she is 22 now. Spoke to 2 GPs and a nurse and they all said the same thing.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't watch them, have seen bits now and again but never truely followed.

As has been pointed out, as extreme or far fetched as storyline can be in some cases they highlight some very serious issues, bring them in to a spot light that a lot of people would normally just ignore, or in some cases not even have an idea such a situation exists.

There have been male sexual assault storylines

Plenty of health issue storylines

Child grooming storylines

Broken family storylines etc

As I say it may not be the most well written stuff most of the time, but they do a good amount of raising awareness.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

J x

wow i never knew any of that. I had my first smear test at about 18 as they used to do them once you had been sexually active for so long and i have actually had two miscarriages

Yes. I didn’t know until the past year or so. I had a colposcopy at age 23 (before kids). I wanted my daughter to have a smear test as she is 22 now. Spoke to 2 GPs and a nurse and they all said the same thing. "

im actually quite shocked wondering now if that was the reason i miscarried my first and third pregnancy

over a year ago

"I don't watch them, have seen bits now and again but never truely followed.

As has been pointed out, as extreme or far fetched as storyline can be in some cases they highlight some very serious issues, bring them in to a spot light that a lot of people would normally just ignore, or in some cases not even have an idea such a situation exists.

As I say it may not be the most well written stuff most of the time, but they do a good amount of raising awareness. "

I’ve gotta say, they’ve handled this storyline particularly well. The young lady in question has apparently gone to great lengths researching so she can do the storyline justice.

It’s not something I follow religiously, but I’ve watched this storyline and kudos to them/her

over a year ago

J x

Yes. I didn’t know until the past year or so. I had a colposcopy at age 23 (before kids). I wanted my daughter to have a smear test as she is 22 now. Spoke to 2 GPs and a nurse and they all said the same thing. im actually quite shocked wondering now if that was the reason i miscarried my first and third pregnancy"

I’ve just googled it and haven’t found anything to back up what they told me though which is odd.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

J x

Yes. I didn’t know until the past year or so. I had a colposcopy at age 23 (before kids). I wanted my daughter to have a smear test as she is 22 now. Spoke to 2 GPs and a nurse and they all said the same thing. im actually quite shocked wondering now if that was the reason i miscarried my first and third pregnancy

I’ve just googled it and haven’t found anything to back up what they told me though which is odd. "

Im not going to give it much head space no point going over ifs and whys. It happened a long time ago now

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

As I say it may not be the most well written stuff most of the time, but they do a good amount of raising awareness.

I’ve gotta say, they’ve handled this storyline particularly well. The young lady in question has apparently gone to great lengths researching so she can do the storyline justice.

It’s not something I follow religiously, but I’ve watched this storyline and kudos to them/her "

As I say I've not watched it, but in the past when I have, I have found they generally do the sensitive and truely important, awareness raising storylines quite well.

Its all the other filler and murder/affair/fued storylines that are just cheesy, cringe, and poorly written the people tend to hate on, and not give credit for the important stuff.

over a year ago

J x

Yes. I didn’t know until the past year or so. I had a colposcopy at age 23 (before kids). I wanted my daughter to have a smear test as she is 22 now. Spoke to 2 GPs and a nurse and they all said the same thing. im actually quite shocked wondering now if that was the reason i miscarried my first and third pregnancy

I’ve just googled it and haven’t found anything to back up what they told me though which is odd. Im not going to give it much head space no point going over ifs and whys. It happened a long time ago now"

Good. I’d hate to have brought all that up for you x

over a year ago

It’s not something I follow religiously, but I’ve watched this storyline and kudos to them/her

As I say I've not watched it, but in the past when I have, I have found they generally do the sensitive and truely important, awareness raising storylines quite well.

Its all the other filler and murder/affair/fued storylines that are just cheesy, cringe, and poorly written the people tend to hate on, and not give credit for the important stuff. "

I usually switch over when that shite starts tbh

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

J x

I’ve just googled it and haven’t found anything to back up what they told me though which is odd. Im not going to give it much head space no point going over ifs and whys. It happened a long time ago now

Good. I’d hate to have brought all that up for you x"

No dont worry it was just a shock that i had no idea about under 25 smear tests causing it

Post new Message to Thread