Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sonic The Hedgehog and other old random games stuff

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who remembers going into Dixons, Boots, Currys etc and typing something like this on a BBC computer....

10 print "Bob is a bell end"

20 goto 10

run

We were all computer whizz kids back in the day!

I'm not much of a gamer these days. I've never upgraded from a PS2. Newer games don't interest me much.

I prefer the old two dimensional games like Sonic The Hedgehog and Donkey Kong to the newer 3D stuff.

Personally, I think the game play is better, but I am sure others will disagree.

Did anyone complete Sonic?

Was there ever an end to Space Invaders?

An open thread to reminisce and discuss favourite games old and new etc......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *izzymonkeyMan
over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

You want to buy yourself an "Evercade" handheld....retro gaming straight out of the old skool, all the classics from the realm old 80's & 90's games manufactures!!!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Completed Sonic 1 and 2 I think - can't remember if I did 3.

Used to like the Desert/Jungle Strike series of games too.

Ecco The Dolphin was another favourite

Mind you I can remember when "Pong" first came out and how cutting edge that seemed!!

Have a PS3 but can't remember the last time I played it but enjoyed things like Tomb Raider, the Arkham series, Assassins Creed and Call Of Duty missions (before it went on-line)

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Ha ha - I remember programming in Basic; Those were the days!

If you enjoy retro gaming, there’s loads of emulators online which enable you to play old arcade games and older system games including the glorious days of the ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 and even earlier consoles and handhelds such as The NES, Shea Megadrive and Gameboy

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

*Sega Megadrive

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Where I work there is an arcade game console with all sorts of stuff on it like Pacman, Space Invaders and - my favourite - Phoenix! Original arcade versions too. Happy days!

By *uryWhipMan
over a year ago

Harringay

Got myself a PS2 last Christmas, still buying games for it. Just picked up another two.

First console was Sega Master System; was lucky to get that. Immediately after I got it the Mega Drive came out but my dad wouldn't buy one. Best game for me was Sonic. Could do it in 58 minutes, with every single ring, extra lives, power ups and chaos emerald without dying or losing any rings. I have never been that good with gaming since.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I remember the Commodore 64 which had basic on its loading screen and used to load games via cassette tapes. And you could copy them and give them to your friends.

By *erriAnneTV/TS
over a year ago

The shire

We had a commodore 16 for one Xmas and you had to load the games from a tape player. Horace goes skiing and duck hunt were two games I remember then we upgraded to acorn electron and my fave was yi ar King fu

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Who remembers going into Dixons, Boots, Currys etc and typing something like this on a BBC computer....

10 print "Bob is a bell end"

20 goto 10

run

We were all computer whizz kids back in the day!

I'm not much of a gamer these days. I've never upgraded from a PS2. Newer games don't interest me much.

I prefer the old two dimensional games like Sonic The Hedgehog and Donkey Kong to the newer 3D stuff.

Personally, I think the game play is better, but I am sure others will disagree.

Did anyone complete Sonic?

Was there ever an end to Space Invaders?

An open thread to reminisce and discuss favourite games old and new etc......

"

If memory serves (it was a long time ago) space invaders just kept on going so people always said if you get 500,000 you've "beat" the game

I still regularly hold "old skool" nights with mates where we play all the old games on the old systems.

A it newer than the old consoles but the first "Doom" seems to be a current favourite on the playstation

Happy days indeed

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

We used to go to my mates house when you had a separate tape recorder for the game and after what seemed like hours of clicking and whirring(loading) it would crash and you had to start again

over a year ago

I completed sonic the hedgehog, but only after games master gave me the cheat codes...

Up c down c left c right c a b start when the opening music was playing.

Why do I still remember this?!

over a year ago

Spectrum loading the tape player Mike Tyson’s punch out on the nes was the one!

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

There was one golf game on the sega that was so basic with graphics but omg we had tournaments when we got back from the pub that got so serious you'd have thought it was the masters

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Where I work there is an arcade game console with all sorts of stuff on it like Pacman, Space Invaders and - my favourite - Phoenix! Original arcade versions too. Happy days! "

Phoenix, my favourite shoot 'em up!

Post new Message to Thread