Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Carbon footprint

Jump to newest

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Is it time we acknowledged that our generation is ruining the planet, not just our but let’s say last 100 yrs..

Should we stop all the low cost air flights reduce our carbon footprint

Stop using plastic bags

Anything else?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Make large business and businesses which import non recyclable or non sustainable products pay huge tax levies for the cleanup of their own crap..

This would also hopefully push-up price so less of the product was purchased buy naive consumers.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Gotta blame someone for our self defined "peoblems" innit.....

Just use less shit and eat less shit and shit less shit and have less babies.....

Footprint theory is a marketing exercise to make you NOT do the above and buy more shit.....

By *rjimMan
over a year ago

nr bristol

Earth warming is a big multi trillion dollar con.

Uk produces 2% of earths pollution.

Natural earth/sun cycles are the cause of weather extremes with 134 year cycles.

Obviously plastics and fumes etc. are not good for the ecosystems and health but they DO NOT effect the weather systems.

CO2 can be negated easily by tree planting on large scale.

See Piers Richard Corbyn website.

over a year ago

"Make large business and businesses which import non recyclable or non sustainable products pay huge tax levies for the cleanup of their own crap..

This would also hopefully push-up price so less of the product was purchased buy naive consumers."

Great idea! Agree with you, but caveat is from where to start? This problem is not poped up overnight not in last 10 years, it's started from industrial revolution, do we include them as well to pay?

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

The problem is the whole global economy is based around growth. Sell more shit, have more babies.

We’ve reached the point where it’s become unsustainable and as a result it’s devaluing human life.

Problem is nobody wants to take a hit on their lifestyle.

over a year ago

Anyone who thinks you can have infinite growth in a finite environment is either a madman or an economist.

David Attenborough

over a year ago

We have always abused the planet. We just got really good at it since the Industrial Revolution. There isn't the global will to do anything about it.

over a year ago

"We have always abused the planet. We just got really good at it since the Industrial Revolution. There isn't the global will to do anything about it."

There is. But they're all under 25 and angry and frustrated and we just write threads about them on fab advocating the use of water cannon and detention without trial.

over a year ago

"Make large business and businesses which import non recyclable or non sustainable products pay huge tax levies for the cleanup of their own crap..

This would also hopefully push-up price so less of the product was purchased buy naive consumers.

Great idea! Agree with you, but caveat is from where to start? This problem is not poped up overnight not in last 10 years, it's started from industrial revolution, do we include them as well to pay?"

Overall effect of taking it out of income tax is little different to taxing large corporations, I dont get why ppl dont see that. If something needs to be paid for and you want it, you need to pay for it..... If you tax companies, prices go up, consumers pay more. Tax is tax and it's a community burden. Who buys the shit these evil companies make huh....?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

It's not just our generation though

The problems began at the industrial revolution back in the 1700s and probably accelerated during Victorian times

We, in fact, are probably the first generation to start to do something about it.

The thing is, in the same way the problem didn't happen overnight, the solution won't happen overnight either

By *hrisAndKatieCouple
over a year ago

stevenage

Mass cull - I mean do we really need Wales?

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Carbon footprint.. I’ve got Tesco 2 stripe trainers

By *aserblade2Man
over a year ago

hastings

Most people would think that fir carbon dioxide to have supposedly such a large influence on global warming it would have to be what 10 to 20 percent of the atmosphere.

Well here is some news for you carbon dioxide makes up 0.04 percent of the atmosphere that's 4 hundredths of a percent of the atmosphere.

Human activity is responsible for 15 percent of that.

Think about that number

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Mass cull - I mean do we really need Wales?"

And people think The Purge was just a film

over a year ago

"Mass cull - I mean do we really need Wales?"

I was gonna say this but I was worried I'd get abuse from ppl quoting history at me and saying that's not funny. Well, not Wales obv, I love Wales and a beautiful Welsh girl...

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"

There is. But they're all under 25 and angry and frustrated and we just write threads about them on fab advocating the use of water cannon and detention without trial. "

The problem is once they get over 25 and hooked into debt and having to work for a living, becoming part of the machine which is causing the problems.

But the alternatives to capitalism do t seem to work either, because of human nature. We work hardest for What directly benefits ourselves and those we care about. It’s a rare exception who is truly altruistic.

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"Gotta blame someone for our self defined "peoblems" innit.....

Just use less shit and eat less shit and shit less shit and have less babies.....

Footprint theory is a marketing exercise to make you NOT do the above and buy more shit....."

The word SHIT covers so much shit...

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

There's lots of factors to do with the climate & some extreme measures like a cull won't be considered due to human rights & who gets to decide who lives & who doesn't (despite the fact we'll do it for other species).

For day to day stuff, it's easier than you think and simple solutions help like fixing things instead of buying new ones, keeping cars instead of changing every 3 years (I've never bought new), don't buy clothes or buy 2nd hand) & beauty products that aren't needed. (You don't need them)

Try buying loose produce instead of in packaging. Switch off what your not using at the plug (saves so much in electric).

There are places coming back where you can buy loose produce & even refill shampoo bottles, shower gels etc.

I really want to see proper cobblers come back, I have shoes I love but can't get them repaired & it's nothing mayor, like a strap on one is just about to break & another the heel pin has came up, but can't find anywhere to repair them.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Well if people stopped putting their feet in soot perhaps we wouldnt have carbon footprints then

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"There's lots of factors to do with the climate & some extreme measures like a cull won't be considered due to human rights & who gets to decide who lives & who doesn't (despite the fact we'll do it for other species).

For day to day stuff, it's easier than you think and simple solutions help like fixing things instead of buying new ones, keeping cars instead of changing every 3 years (I've never bought new), don't buy clothes or buy 2nd hand) & beauty products that aren't needed. (You don't need them)

Try buying loose produce instead of in packaging. Switch off what your not using at the plug (saves so much in electric).

There are places coming back where you can buy loose produce & even refill shampoo bottles, shower gels etc.

I really want to see proper cobblers come back, I have shoes I love but can't get them repaired & it's nothing mayor, like a strap on one is just about to break & another the heel pin has came up, but can't find anywhere to repair them. "

You're so right with this. I try & get things repaired when I can, until the repair price becomes stupid (washing machines sorting to mind).

I buy fruit & veg at a greengrocer & take it home in a cardboard box, recycled from the greengrocers.

The shops where you buy loose products aren't new, as we had a few mar us several years ago. Now they're back, I try & use them when I'm near one.

Couple of years ago I found a cobbler who did some great repairs on my shoes & he's had my business ever since.

There's so much we could do which in reality only takes some little adjustments when we shop

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

If it wasn't for the industrial revolution us "developed" nations would still be shovelling shit and walking ten miles a day for drinking water.

Our economies do well by trading to each other, and getting developing countries into debt with us. Selling them guns to kill each other with, and cigarettes so that they can do it themselves, we've giving them religions that teach them contraception is bad so there's always more of them, wanting fags, guns, and powdered baby milk.

So what would happen if these countries had their own industrial revolutions?! What if they started manufacturing their own goods to sell back to us? They'd be so cheap we couldn't compete! What if they're education became so good they stopped relying on religion to tell them what to do? What if they stopped fighting each other, and started producing things?!!

Our economies would be fucked. We don't want another China! We NEED to stop these tin pot industrial revolutions before it's too late!!

But how...?

Oh yeah, "Hey you! Stop making CO2, you're ruining the economy.... i ment planet".

By *he SurveyorMan
over a year ago

Bury

The world has always gone through change and will continue to do so.

I think it’s all a con to make us feel guilty.

Post new Message to Thread