Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Leading people on... do you?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Someone winks at you or sends you a message. You chat for a while, then they send a face pic and you're not attracted to them.

Were you leading them on by chatting to them?

Do you say you don't want to fuck them or do you just block them after they sent the face pic?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

U cannot have my penis

over a year ago

"U cannot have my penis "

Why on earth not

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I say oh my god you look exactly like my brother/dad/horrible ex, I'm really sorry but we can't have sex now

over a year ago

After sendin a pic . I always say if not your type just say....

And like wise if the pic thats sent to me i dont feel any atraction too. I just say Sorry not for me.

Just set your on guides remember we are all different

over a year ago

I’m usually honest and say sorry you seem lovely but not what I am looking for. It’s exactly why I want face pics in the beginning. But good looking sure as shit don’t mean interesting so most get binned anyway...

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I wouldn't be leading them on, no. Normally I find that I can tell before I see a face pic if I'm going to find someone attractive or not - there's only been a couple of times where that hasn't been the case. In those situations I've apologised and said sorry, not for me etc.

By *aenMan
over a year ago

Here and There

"I say oh my god you look exactly like my brother/dad/horrible ex, I'm really sorry but we can't have sex now "

Haha, I’ve had that a few times. I’ve also had the immediate block on sending a face pic which seems a bit harsh

You can’t be everyone’s cup of tea so I now send a face pic relatively early in the conversation to see what happens next.

over a year ago

I dont look at winks, reply to messages politely saying im not looking ect. Never lead anyone on.

over a year ago

Not leading on but chatting and seeing if there’s a chance we would get on. If the face pic doesn’t do it for me, I tell them. I find just blocking them incredibly rude and must hurt. I don’t want to hurt anyone

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

If it's someone I've been chatting to then I will send a not my type message, however some have stayed to be just good friends.

over a year ago

"Someone winks at you or sends you a message. You chat for a while, then they send a face pic and you're not attracted to them.

Do you say you don't want to fuck them or do you just block them after they sent the face pic?"

i think a pity shag is fair

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

I chat to lots of people even if I know there's no chance of meeting either because of distance or any other million of reasons.

As long as they know I'm not going to take it anywhere with them I don't see the harm in just having a good chinwag. I'm honest & tell them it's just a natter- I never suggest I'm going to meet them & always let them know husband reads every message

Lots of people just like to chat without thinking it's going to end up with sex with someone else. There are many reasons to talk

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Instablock stings a bit but we’re not going to fancy everyone are we?

I know I have my own preferences, I’m sure everyone else does. You need a thick skin to be a straight single male on here

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Also : it’s good to chat. That’s not time wasting or leading on, imo.

over a year ago

"Not leading on but chatting and seeing if there’s a chance we would get on. If the face pic doesn’t do it for me, I tell them. I find just blocking them incredibly rude and must hurt. I don’t want to hurt anyone "

over a year ago

"If it's someone I've been chatting to then I will send a not my type message, however some have stayed to be just good friends."

Friends on a swingers site.

over a year ago

"Also : it’s good to chat. That’s not time wasting or leading on, imo."

Some men assume if a woman is chatting she secretly fancies him and he will eventually get sex.

By *adetMan
over a year ago

Virtuosa

I usually just say that they're not usually what I go for but I would never just block them, that's brutal

By *ka-sammi_n_danCouple
over a year ago

nantwich

I find it really awkward to say you are not for me! But based on this thread I will try to be more honest but tactfully!!!

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Also : it’s good to chat. That’s not time wasting or leading on, imo.

Some men assume if a woman is chatting she secretly fancies him and he will eventually get sex.

"

Nah I’m happy to chat, but I’m probably not pushy enough

That said I’m not really interested in talking to solo men.

over a year ago

"I find it really awkward to say you are not for me! But based on this thread I will try to be more honest but tactfully!!! "

"You look great but not what I'm looking for sorry. Hope you find someone nice. xx"

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's very difficult to turn someone down after you've talked, seen faces and met socially. We emphasise that there are no guarantees and the other person says they understand but...they actually don't a lot of the time. If someone feels they've been led on by us it's not because we haven't been clear. I think there are times when people get ahead of themselves and lead themselves on.

I have genuinely considered recently just telling people there's absolutely no chance whatsoever. As it is I've started dressing way more conservatively for socials. It seems though that just engaging in conversation, even if you point out from the start that it's just a friendly chat gives people expectations.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't think it's leading somebody on to show an interest in somebody based on what you know about somebody so far. I also don't think it's wrong to be not physically attracted to somebody.

It's important for us to exchange photos early in a conversation. We're not all about looks but there are people who we can like as people but are not our type physically. That's just life.

We would always tell people quickly if we know they are not for us but we would be reasonably diplomatic about it. We only block rude people.

over a year ago

This is why I ask for a face picture at the beginning of a chat - I send one back. If mutual interest is there, we carry on chatting. If he's not my type, I say so.

over a year ago

"It's very difficult to turn someone down after you've talked, seen faces and met socially. We emphasise that there are no guarantees and the other person says they understand but...they actually don't a lot of the time. If someone feels they've been led on by us it's not because we haven't been clear. I think there are times when people get ahead of themselves and lead themselves on.

I have genuinely considered recently just telling people there's absolutely no chance whatsoever. As it is I've started dressing way more conservatively for socials. It seems though that just engaging in conversation, even if you point out from the start that it's just a friendly chat gives people expectations."

To be fair, women on here are always 'up for it'. Dressing conservatively in a high necked sweater and trousers will just accentuate your boobs and bum.

Drink yer Babycham up luv, I'll let you have a suck in the car park while yer hubbie pays the bill.

over a year ago

"Someone winks at you or sends you a message. You chat for a while, then they send a face pic and you're not attracted to them.

Were you leading them on by chatting to them?"

Of course not but I'd ask for a face pic much sooner.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I only speak platonically on here so that soon s out those I’m not compatible with anyway.. if it gets to a point where I think we are on different pages I have the conversation and make it clear where I am. Most people aren’t surprised as my profile makes this very clear. It’s not personal.. I just don’t click that easily.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Do you say you don't want to fuck them or do you just block them after they sent the face pic?"

Should ask for face pic pretty much straight away before anything else if that's important..which for most people it should be.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

No. Everyone knows where they stand with me

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It's very difficult to turn someone down after you've talked, seen faces and met socially. We emphasise that there are no guarantees and the other person says they understand but...they actually don't a lot of the time. If someone feels they've been led on by us it's not because we haven't been clear. I think there are times when people get ahead of themselves and lead themselves on.

I have genuinely considered recently just telling people there's absolutely no chance whatsoever. As it is I've started dressing way more conservatively for socials. It seems though that just engaging in conversation, even if you point out from the start that it's just a friendly chat gives people expectations.

To be fair, women on here are always 'up for it'. Dressing conservatively in a high necked sweater and trousers will just accentuate your boobs and bum.

Drink yer Babycham up luv, I'll let you have a suck in the car park while yer hubbie pays the bill. "

I will say though that lots of men are very aware of overstepping the mark and emphasise that they understand there are no guarantees.

over a year ago

Do you say you don't want to fuck them or do you just block them after they sent the face pic?

Should ask for face pic pretty much straight away before anything else if that's important..which for most people it should be."

Why should it be?

over a year ago

Drink yer Babycham up luv, I'll let you have a suck in the car park while yer hubbie pays the bill.

I will say though that lots of men are very aware of overstepping the mark and emphasise that they understand there are no guarantees."

I agree, apologies to those types of men. They also exist.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I just tell them they aren't my type, we might continue chatting, we might not.

over a year ago

I’ve told them they’re not my type, in the most polite way.

Some take it as it is, and move on, others get abusive and insulting so sometimes I will just block.

It depends on the person and how I assume they’ll come across.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I say oh my god you look exactly like my brother/dad/horrible ex, I'm really sorry but we can't have sex now "

I may use this one

over a year ago

No you're not.

I'm always polite if I get rejected, it is what it is.

I've actually found women and couples equally as bad as at taking rejection as the men on here.

I've said politely to a few they're not for me and got untold abuse for it like they are doing me a favour by offering to fuck me.

over a year ago

If you can't have an Adult conversation and take rejection, then God help you on here.

If I fucked the guys I'm not attracted to, then I may as well go on the game and get paid for it!

Block, ignore, move on. Just deal with it like an Adult.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I’m usually honest and say sorry you seem lovely but not what I am looking for. It’s exactly why I want face pics in the beginning. But good looking sure as shit don’t mean interesting so most get binned anyway... "

Exactly this

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Frankly, I don't think it's for the person to necessarily decide if you lead people on or not.

I'm sure it's not the intention of most to lead people on (if it were then they'd be a pretty awful person), however sometimes lines get crossed and people anticipate more from words or actions. In those instances then, surely a critical look at actions and a heartfelt "sorry" is in order?

over a year ago

No, you were not misleading. You were getting to know someone and if that happens to be the deciding factor, so be it. It could have been equally anything else.

Though maybe i wouldnt block them instantly if we were chatting for a while.

over a year ago

"This is why I ask for a face picture at the beginning of a chat - I send one back. If mutual interest is there, we carry on chatting. If he's not my type, I say so."

This is the way we do things to...there has to be mutual attraction for all concerned...not into mercy or munter shags.Definately not taking one for the team either...

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I think people can tell if one person is not attracted to the other. The conversation fizzles out.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Always best to be honest. The conversation could fizzle out naturally and not because of how someone looks, there’s lots of reasons

over a year ago

"Always best to be honest. The conversation could fizzle out naturally and not because of how someone looks, there’s lots of reasons "
exactly could just be the woman youre messaging has so much interest from other more appealing guys youre just bringing up the rear

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If you have no intention of pursuing something that your behavior or communication has indicated otherwise, then you are to some extent leading them on. But you are not indebted to provide a "no thanks' message - it's appropriate to withdraw.

Often people have much unspoken stuff going on when they chat with others to start with - they tread carefully. It can be uncertain what each wants. When you know you don't want to know another - get out of there!

But it can take effort via 2D massaging to fully decide, so I understand why people are slower than real life.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Always best to be honest. The conversation could fizzle out naturally and not because of how someone looks, there’s lots of reasons exactly could just be the woman youre messaging has so much interest from other more appealing guys youre just bringing up the rear "

This is where I think people assume something to suit !

over a year ago

"Always best to be honest. The conversation could fizzle out naturally and not because of how someone looks, there’s lots of reasons exactly could just be the woman youre messaging has so much interest from other more appealing guys youre just bringing up the rear

This is where I think people assume something to suit ! "

assumption is the mother of invention

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Surely there needs to be a mix of physical attraction and personality before you feel like having sex with someone.

Cal

over a year ago

Surely there needs to be a mix of physical attraction and personality before you feel like having sex with someone.

Cal"

how are you going to get personality until you meet them though?

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Always best to be honest. The conversation could fizzle out naturally and not because of how someone looks, there’s lots of reasons

exactly could just be the woman youre messaging has so much interest from other more appealing guys youre just bringing up the rear

This is where I think people assume something to suit !

Assumption is the mother of invention "

And not always invented correctly

By *arkb73Man
over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

Calhow are you going to get personality until you meet them though? "

Good point

By *unningFoxWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

That’s brilliant. Borrowing this one!

Post new Message to Thread