Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

For the ladies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have any ladies ever taken ibuprofens to stop your periods!

Does it actually work!

How many tablets do you have to take!

I know there was a recent thread about something similar but can’t find it & I did mention about beppy sponges but if you can take tablets to stop it even better thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *carlet_woman_xxWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Can take them. 2 three times a day

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn’t risk it, so no idea

over a year ago

Is this a serious thread?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Ok ... not exactly a lady

But I will say ... the prolonged or excessive use of ibuprofen can increase the risk of digestive issues or stomach ulcers

over a year ago

They’re anti inflammatory meds how can they stop your periods?

over a year ago

"They’re anti inflammatory meds how can they stop your periods? "

You bleed out your finger tips instead

over a year ago

"They’re anti inflammatory meds how can they stop your periods?

You bleed out your finger tips instead "

the wonders of medicine eh ?! X

over a year ago

There was a thread the other day about something similar to this & I know ibuprofen was mentioned to stop your periods! But I can’t find it & have looked back to try to find it! or can someone remember what it the tread was called

over a year ago

Don't take ibuprofen to stop your periods! The long term side effects can be awful, it's not worth it! See your gp as there are contraceptive pills you can take to stop them if they cause you problems. Also the coil and implants or injections can lessen or stop periods.

Peach x

over a year ago

"Don't take ibuprofen to stop your periods! The long term side effects can be awful, it's not worth it! See your gp as there are contraceptive pills you can take to stop them if they cause you problems. Also the coil and implants or injections can lessen or stop periods.

Peach x"

over a year ago

Try going online and searching noresterone (not sure of spelling)

Used to be prescription only, but some pharmacy's can now sell it after a consultation

By *omesticated_VixenWoman
over a year ago

sw London

I would not advice taking ibruprofen to stop your periods. Speak to your GP who can give you medication to stop bleeding or advice on longer term options

over a year ago

"Try going online and searching noresterone (not sure of spelling)

Used to be prescription only, but some pharmacy's can now sell it after a consultation "

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

You only have to take 3 abput 6 hours before and it will be dried up by the evening. Doing it once in a while won't cause any harm. Wouldnt advise doing continuously though. It's a widely documented side effect of NSAIDs.

over a year ago

They do slow down your bleeding. My GP suggested i took them when i was having trouble with very heavy bleeding, it definetely helped slow it but didnt prolong my period. It also helped with the pain, especially when taken alongside paracetemol.

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

"They’re anti inflammatory meds how can they stop your periods? "

It's a common side effect of anti inflammatory drugs.

over a year ago

"You only have to take 3 abput 6 hours before and it will be dried up by the evening. Doing it once in a while won't cause any harm. Wouldnt advise doing continuously though. It's a widely documented side effect of NSAIDs.

"

over a year ago

"They do slow down your bleeding. My GP suggested i took them when i was having trouble with very heavy bleeding, it definetely helped slow it but didnt prolong my period. It also helped with the pain, especially when taken alongside paracetemol."

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

"Have any ladies ever taken ibuprofens to stop your periods!

Does it actually work!

I know there was a recent thread about something similar but can’t find it & I did mention about beppy sponges but if you can take tablets to stop it even better thanks

"

I just went to the doctors and they can give you meds that you start taking before you are due on, you then come on 3 days after you stop taking them. I take them for holidays so I’m not messaging about while I want to swim etc x

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

Does it actually work!

I just went to the doctors and they can give you meds that you start taking before you are due on, you then come on 3 days after you stop taking them. I take them for holidays so I’m not messaging about while I want to swim etc x"

I tried this but they made me too sick to enjoy my holiday

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

[Removed by poster at 09/10/19 15:46:29]

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Is this a serious thread? "

Lots of women do this, though I've not.

If I want to skip a period occasionally I run two packs of my contraceptive pills together, I've never tried to stop one that's already started though.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

They do reduce flow bit if you have heavy periods it,wont stop them completely. It's also not wise to do this regularly as the risk of stomach ulcers raises dramatically.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Ibuprofen reduces the amount of prostaglandins to stop/reduce the bleeding. However, it can even with short courses alter the linings of your stomach and intestines. I would also add to check for any cross reactivity if you're taking any other medication.

over a year ago

Never even heard of doing that to be honest

over a year ago

Thanks

over a year ago

I can’t take NSAIDS so can’t say but I’ve heard it done. But wouldn’t recommend it regularly x

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Does it actually work!

I just went to the doctors and they can give you meds that you start taking before you are due on, you then come on 3 days after you stop taking them. I take them for holidays so I’m not messaging about while I want to swim etc x"

I took them.once before a holiday, they worked but my god when I came on was so painful!

over a year ago

I used to be prescribed high dose ibuprofen for period pain and it never stopped them so I’m unsure how this works. - Mrs

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

You can take Norethisterone to delay a period. You can get it from your docs or online. I’ve been told it’ll stop it once starts too but I don’t know about that.

I took it to delay a period, which it did, but it made me crazy hormonal. Cried for days. Not really worth it.

over a year ago

over a year ago

I heard that swallowing the cum of a bearded french man works well to help you with period ulcer.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Don't take ibuprofen to stop your periods! The long term side effects can be awful, it's not worth it! See your gp as there are contraceptive pills you can take to stop them if they cause you problems. Also the coil and implants or injections can lessen or stop periods.

Peach x"

Agreed. Using ibuprofen for that is not a good idea and they can induce gastrointestinal bleeding in some people

over a year ago

Doesn't work for everyone I spend my whole period dosing up on ibuprofen due to pain and it doesn't make a jot of difference. Norethisterone works but has to be taken before your due on

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Ok ... not exactly a lady

But I will say ... the prolonged or excessive use of ibuprofen can increase the risk of digestive issues or stomach ulcers"

This! I took it a lot for ovarian cysts and now have digestive problems.

over a year ago

"Doesn't work for everyone I spend my whole period dosing up on ibuprofen due to pain and it doesn't make a jot of difference. Norethisterone works but has to be taken before your due on "
Ah right I thought for a short term fix! but will go the doctors for long term solution I just can’t stick the pain anymore! I thought the older I’m getting things would get lighter & less pain but in my case it’s so not thanks anyway tho

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’ve never tried it. I hadn’t even heard of it until a few days ago

Not something I would do because I’m nervous about taking any meds.

By *nnnikCouple
over a year ago

Walsall

"Doesn't work for everyone I spend my whole period dosing up on ibuprofen due to pain and it doesn't make a jot of difference. Norethisterone works but has to be taken before your due on "

I'm the same, doped up on 400mg Ibuprofen and still get the headaches and back pain... Wish they'd do stronger painkillers.

over a year ago

"Doesn't work for everyone I spend my whole period dosing up on ibuprofen due to pain and it doesn't make a jot of difference. Norethisterone works but has to be taken before your due on Ah right I thought for a short term fix! but will go the doctors for long term solution I just can’t stick the pain anymore! I thought the older I’m getting things would get lighter & less pain but in my case it’s so not thanks anyway tho "

In that case get the mirena coil but go to a clinic rather than docs. I'm considering it myself

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

"Doesn't work for everyone I spend my whole period dosing up on ibuprofen due to pain and it doesn't make a jot of difference. Norethisterone works but has to be taken before your due on Ah right I thought for a short term fix! but will go the doctors for long term solution I just can’t stick the pain anymore! I thought the older I’m getting things would get lighter & less pain but in my case it’s so not thanks anyway tho

In that case get the mirena coil but go to a clinic rather than docs. I'm considering it myself "

I've got the Mirena and haven't had a period in 7 years now. Although it doesn't stop periods for everyone.

Xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Beppy sponges are a much less risky idea tbh. Painkiller abuse is a terrible idea.

I have awful unreliable periods, always have. I think that's just life.

By *adyHWoman
over a year ago

South Glos

I tried it once and it seemed to work. But probably not sensible to do it all the time.

I read somewhere that orgasms help too so obviously I tried that as well

By *irlwithcurves40Woman
over a year ago

Essex

Have used Norethisterone to delay periods before a holiday, brought from the online doctor, answer a few questions and comes in the post a couple of days later.

over a year ago

or transaxamic acid not sure that's spelt right lol will stop them

over a year ago

"or transaxamic acid not sure that's spelt right lol will stop them"

Yep, and for period pain, try Buscopan, you can buy it over the counter, it helps with period spasm pains

over a year ago

It stopped mine

Post new Message to Thread