Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is Fab Right For Me?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A strange question considering I've made it all the way to the forums, but please bear with me...

So, getting the tricky bit out of the way first, yes, I am married. No, she isn't aware that I am a member of this site.

Now I know that this fact alone can probably be quite emotive and I fully understand, but perhaps by reading this,you'll understand a little more about me...

I expect that there are plenty of people like me, who have found themselves in a marriage where the partnership is upended by a complete mismatch in the bedroom department.

Since the children arrived, I think it's safe to say only one of us has been collecting their annual quota of libido!

So as the clock continues to tick, I started to wonder whether there was an outlet to satisfy the endless cravings and desires and I stumbled across Fab. Could this be the absolute fix to my missing pieces, or simply a sticky plaster that temporarily closes a wound?

I've spent a long time asking myself whether I would actually follow up on a potential meeting, but as a way of completely failing to confront this question, I've kept my profile very low-key, vague and anonymous; such are the possibilities of Fab!

Fortunately, I think the decisions are made easier by the fact that I am not blessed with chiselled abs and the body of a Greek God. I am also now dreadful in bed! Lengthy barron spells mean that any hint of fun now and I go off like a confetti canon! What I do have is a love of conversation, a stable mind and what i consider to be a reasonable sense of humour.

What i have loved about Fab is the liberal expression from so many people,talking about matters that you probably wouldn't mention in the queue at Tesco's! I've learned a few new things and now have an even bigger list of hot activities that I will probably never try!

And the photos... I will be honest, I absolutely love looking at all of the pictures that people post. It's a real privilege to peak into peoples intimate private lives, but also extremely erotic.

So is Fab right for me? Morally, I think the answer is fairly clear. Married and looking for an outlet to release my frustrations clearly isn't conducive with taking the moral high ground. But while that's a crucial question, if it can be put to one side, would I go further? Probably not without an enormous layer of trust.

But would a quick meeting and a fumble be enough? I don't think so. Connecting mentally and sharing conversation to build a friendship is a far better way to reach the point where everyone is comfortable and enjoys themselves for the right reason.

So I reach a junction. Do I accept my inner desire to be intimate elsewhere and begin building up my profile, or dominate remain back here in the wings,absorbing the fascinating chats and goig wild over some of the pictures?

I've learned a bit about myself by visiting this site. I've realised I am definitely missing out on a lot of things that I would love to try. I've broadened my acceptance of sexuality and realise that it doesn't matter what excites you, there are so many more ways to have fun than 1 man, 1 woman and a mattress... infinitely more!

I am sure I will find out soon whether Fab is a meeting place for people looking for the same as me, or just a percy place to see whether you can spot one of the kids teachers engaged in bondage, or the Postman delivering more than just the letters to No.49!

While I get my own ducks in a row, please allow me to thank everyone who posts and makes the site so enjoyable. I love reading about your experiences and learning new ways to use the toolkit i was born with!

Please stay safe, enjoy what you do and just be nice to each other, you're all FAB!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

Great post dude.

Hope you find the answers you need.

I suspect there will be plenty of women in the same situation that can advise or chat to you.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Your honesty is beautiful. Good luck you, I hope you find what’s best for you

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Yawn

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think fab is the place for you because there's room for most.

Your dilemma seems (to me anyway) to be that you're looking for more of an affair than a one off fuck and you know if you take that leap you've crossed a line in your personal code.That decision is yours alone.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I would also say that you're looking for intimacy, that can cause problems

over a year ago

There are many people around fab, quietly going about their business, using this to supplement their lives, not trying to fix it.

You will find someone on the right wavelength and in a similar situation to yourself. Enjoy that moment when it arrives.

But at all times be true to yourself and don't get swept up in being something you are not. I've made that mistake in the past and it near cost me everything.

over a year ago

I feel bad for not reading it all but it's really long and I should be working. Good luck, peace, health and mental wealth to you OP

over a year ago

Amazing replies, thank you so much. I didn't entirely expect much of a response because I thought I was rambling a bit in an attempt to clear my own mind.

Your opinions are genuinely appreciated, thank you x

Although "Yawn" didn't seem like the strongest advice!

By *aysolCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Good post. However, if you are looking for intimacy, connection and authenticity I don't see how sleeping with someone else is going to archive that. If you were honest about your desires, how would your wife react? How will you feel getting into bed every night knowing you are leading a double life your wife has no knowledge of? How long will you be able to keep up a lie? How much pain will you both go through and is it really worth it?

How about using this forum as a way of expressing your thoughts that you find difficult to express to your wife in order to make it easier to eventually tell her how you feel?

What if there is a possibility that with openess she understands that the mixmatch in the bedroom is an issue and she accepts you sleeping with others helps you be happy in the marriage. If you do it behind her back she may never know as she is unlikely to forgive you.

Just some food for thought...

over a year ago

I'll take the moral high ground on this one.

Being on here will only make you feel hornier.

Ride out the dry spell in your relationship, talk about it, try to spice things up when things start to get better.

Wank a lot to get it out of your system. Lol.

If you love your wife and family, hopefully you won't go through with meeting anyone.

By *aysolCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Meant to say: If you do it behind her back YOU may never know as she is unlikely to forgive you.

over a year ago

"Yawn"

over a year ago

I think your situation will ring true with a lot of people on fab, unfortunately many on here only see black or white as I’m sure you have realised. Personally I don’t see anything wrong with your thread as I’m sure lots are in the same situation and may read the advice, although you’ve been honest it’s pretty brave to post this having seen how other threads of this nature have gone.

My thoughts are that ultimately only you can decide which way to go with this, no matter what anyone else says.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I think your situation will ring true with a lot of people on fab, unfortunately many on here only see black or white as I’m sure you have realised. Personally I don’t see anything wrong with your thread as I’m sure lots are in the same situation and may read the advice, although you’ve been honest it’s pretty brave to post this having seen how other threads of this nature have gone.

My thoughts are that ultimately only you can decide which way to go with this, no matter what anyone else says. "

over a year ago

Thank you

over a year ago

As well articulated as your OP is, I never think it's a good idea to put your story out there for all to see

over a year ago

hey maybe its your marriage you should be making decisions about, bottom line is sex is unimportant you could live with out it i did for many years, coming here to do what repair yourself? if you dont love the mother of your children anymore then maybe the decision should be to discuss that with her because it will be a long time before your children grow up and leave home, sex for sex's sake can be had here yes no question if you are wanting to find a connection with a sexual partner then do the thing thats best for the contract that youve entered into, if its failing its partly your fault to dont compound it, the answer doesnt lie here only problems lie here

over a year ago

Think of it this way. If your wife found out, would you be happy to lose her? If the answer is yes, then you're in the right place. If it's no then you are not and you should think again. Wives can be very intuitive and have a way of finding things out. I was one so I know!

By *r laidbackMan
over a year ago

London & New Brighton

"Good post. However, if you are looking for intimacy, connection and authenticity I don't see how sleeping with someone else is going to archive that. If you were honest about your desires, how would your wife react? How will you feel getting into bed every night knowing you are leading a double life your wife has no knowledge of? How long will you be able to keep up a lie? How much pain will you both go through and is it really worth it?

How about using this forum as a way of expressing your thoughts that you find difficult to express to your wife in order to make it easier to eventually tell her how you feel?

What if there is a possibility that with openess she understands that the mixmatch in the bedroom is an issue and she accepts you sleeping with others helps you be happy in the marriage. If you do it behind her back she may never know as she is unlikely to forgive you.

Just some food for thought..."

This advice is on the money, find the right time to talk with your wife, for all you know she might be willing to go with the flow or approve of you going to play alone as long as she knows, take away the opinion of your partner having a say and that might be the downfall in your marriage.

You made a vow for better or worse, talk to your wife. All the best

over a year ago

I think your honesty is wonderful and there are a lot of people on here in a similar situation to you. A lot of people are looking for a long term lover over a quick fuck and a lot of people are married. The only thing you do need to remember is once you have crossed over that meet barrier it can't be undone.

Post new Message to Thread