Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Book recommendations

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone, I’ve just finished all that Patrick Rothfuss has written so far for his king killer chronicles and am at a loss for what to read next. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

What sort of books do you enjoy reading?

over a year ago

I read a lot of fantasy but I’m happy to try any genre really, the only ones I’ve never been very keen on are the airport shop romance novels

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have you read Witcher by Sapkowski?

over a year ago

"Have you read Witcher by Sapkowski?"

The ones that the Witcher games were based off? No I haven’t, but I’ll add it to the top of the queue, if you think they’re a good read

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

David Eddings?

over a year ago

I haven't read them in English so can't vouch for translation.

But better than the movie adaption for sure.

I enjoyed the series. If you like fantasy, it could be a good bet.

over a year ago

Try some David Mitchell (no not that David Mitchell) contemporary fiction with a smidgen of fantasy thrown in.

Ghostwritten is his debut and might be my fav of his...

Gagging for another book from him. I'll be in waterstones the moment they open...

over a year ago

"David Eddings?"

Thank you!!! I’ve been trying to find him for ages, I read the dreamers series ages ago and loved it but could remember the name of the author. I’ll start looking at some of his

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've still got loads on my list from when I asked this question.

I'm currently reading The Bay of Angels by Anita Brookner. It's good but slow.

over a year ago

"I haven't read them in English so can't vouch for translation.

But better than the movie adaption for sure.

I enjoyed the series. If you like fantasy, it could be a good bet. "

I’ll have to rely on the translation, my three words of polish I can’t imagine would be enough.

over a year ago

I love fantasy as when I read I want to escape and forget the real world. Simon R Green- Nightside series is fun and very easy to read. Thomas Covenant Chronicles- Bit heavier but good.

Demon Cycle series- Peter Brett

Mistborn series- Brandon Sanderson

Just a few of my fun favs

By *izzymonkeyMan
over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

Readers Wives....some excellent articles....

over a year ago

"I love fantasy as when I read I want to escape and forget the real world. Simon R Green- Nightside series is fun and very easy to read. Thomas Covenant Chronicles- Bit heavier but good.

Demon Cycle series- Peter Brett

Mistborn series- Brandon Sanderson

Just a few of my fun favs "

I’ve done the mistborn series, that was great, haven’t done the others you’ve mentioned so will definitely take a look.

over a year ago

David Eddings is one of my favourite authors. I reccomend starting with The Belgariad series, which leads onto The Mallorian. Then there is The Elenium series which leads onto The Tamuli. Read all four multiple times and I never get bored of them.

I currently rereading The Dragonlance Chronicles which is also a pretty good read. Can pick it up cheap on amazon.

The david eddings books however may be hard to get a hold of. They are out of print now and getting rather rare.

over a year ago

"David Eddings is one of my favourite authors. I reccomend starting with The Belgariad series, which leads onto The Mallorian. Then there is The Elenium series which leads onto The Tamuli. Read all four multiple times and I never get bored of them.

I currently rereading The Dragonlance Chronicles which is also a pretty good read. Can pick it up cheap on amazon.

The david eddings books however may be hard to get a hold of. They are out of print now and getting rather rare. "

I didn’t realise that his books are out of print now, might explain why I wasn’t able to find them again, I picked up the dreamers at a library years ago. I’ll see what I can find though

over a year ago

"David Eddings is one of my favourite authors. I reccomend starting with The Belgariad series, which leads onto The Mallorian. Then there is The Elenium series which leads onto The Tamuli. Read all four multiple times and I never get bored of them.

The david eddings books however may be hard to get a hold of. They are out of print now and getting rather rare.

I didn’t realise that his books are out of print now, might explain why I wasn’t able to find them again, I picked up the dreamers at a library years ago. I’ll see what I can find though "

I got lucky recently and got a complete set off of ebay for about £40. And I only got that cause I wanted to read them and my sister had taken the other books to her house to reread

over a year ago

Probably a bit late but I do like Conn Iggledun as an author. He did great series of both Gengis Khan and Julius Cesar. Can't recommend them enough

over a year ago

The Shadow of the Wind -Carlos Ruiz Zafon

over a year ago

Have you ever tried any Gothic Horror? Frankenstein is a great book

over a year ago

"Hi everyone, I’ve just finished all that Patrick Rothfuss has written so far for his king killer chronicles and am at a loss for what to read next. Has anyone got any recommendations?"

Not sure what you would like but the Frankenstein books by Dean Koontz are good.

over a year ago

Want something truly terrifying? The rats trilogy by James Herbert.

over a year ago

Anything by Steven Laws. Northumbrian horror writer.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Val Mcdermid - The Mermaids Singing.

It's the first book in the 'Wire in the Blood' TV series. Ignore that, it was poor and wrongly cast. (Robson Green)

These were written way before that. The book and series of books are very dark psychological thrillers. Highly recommend.

Post new Message to Thread