FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do women have higher pain tolerance than men?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You know, because of the waxing, period, child birth etc.

P.S.

Brainiacs test doesn't count since women are used to washing the dishes.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"You know, because of the waxing, period, child birth etc.

P.S.

Brainiacs test doesn't count since women are used to washing the dishes."

Haaaaaarsh! Ill fight you and whoever cries first loses

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

I don't think there's a difference in the sexes

Some men take pain better than others

And some women tolerate it more than others

I don't think there's one set rule depending on the gender

over a year ago

"I don't think there's a difference in the sexes

I don't think there's one set rule depending on the gender"

But there can be an average!

By *elshyXOMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I agree with this entirely

over a year ago

P.S.

Haaaaaarsh! Ill fight you and whoever cries first loses "

I would fight you but with pool noodles covered in baby oil only!

over a year ago

Yes. Research backed up.. Woman have different pain thresholds.. But it also varies with different cultures and parts of the world.

So UK.. Is yes.

Rest if the world vary

over a year ago

I think everyone is different regardless of their sex. I'm sure I have a higher pain threshold than some women or men and I'm sure there are plenty of men and women who have a higher one than me

over a year ago

P.S.

Haaaaaarsh! Ill fight you and whoever cries first loses

I would fight you but with pool noodles covered in baby oil only!"

I have the baby oil ready and waiting

over a year ago

"Yes. Research backed up.. Woman have different pain thresholds.. But it also varies with different cultures and parts of the world.

So UK.. Is yes.

Rest if the world vary"

Hmm that could be the case.

There's some tribe in Africa or south America where young men have to wear bullet ant gloves for 24hrs, so I imagine their pain tolerance is off the charts.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I don’t see it as a hard and fast rule but I do think overall women have a higher pain threshold than men. I believe that human nature makes it that way.

By *urning the kinkMan
over a year ago

bristol

Not sure

My nipples can take some pain tho

Love it

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Some do, some don't. Some folk of either sex will act like they're dying if they get a splinter in their finger, some will suffer in silence through horrific pain. It's possible that women will have a better tolerance for pain, as nature has dictated that we experience types of pain, cramps, discomfort, etc., that men don't... But then again, I've never caught my foreskin in a zipper... So what do I know?

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Women don't have to worry about getting something caught in their trousers zipper...

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

But there can be an average! "

Some of it is down to conditioning

If you live with pain in life, your threshold tends to be greater.

Perhaps they say women can tolerate it more because they have the monthlies etc

Personally, I (monkey) suffer from frequent almost constant headaches .. perhaps this has raised my pain threshold ... perhaps not ... but it's my hypothesis

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Obviously have you not experienced a man with a cold?!!

The Mrs

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Obviously have you not experienced a man with a cold?!!

The Mrs

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Obviously have you not experienced a man with a cold?!!

The Mrs"

Echo

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think they also did research where women's pain (and that of ethnic minority groups) was taken less seriously than (white) men's. So hard to say.

I've certainly had experience of doctors telling me I was a wimp when I was in agonising pain (for something that turned out to be life threatening, no less).

over a year ago

"I think they also did research where women's pain (and that of ethnic minority groups) was taken less seriously than (white) men's. So hard to say.

I've certainly had experience of doctors telling me I was a wimp when I was in agonising pain (for something that turned out to be life threatening, no less). "

Yes, I’ve read similar research that a woman’s pain is minimised by physicians and that ethnic minorities even more so.

I’ve experienced dismissal and minimisation. I’m positive I personally have a high pain tolerance for severe pain. Pain varies though, the sharp pain of stepping on a nail or stubbing a toe is not as bad as broken bone pain but it feels worse in the first moment.

I’m completely a baby when people are too rough sexually, but I’ve had 3 kids without pain control.

I think it probably varies but generally it’s been proven that women have greater tolerance.

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

This

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

I don’t know whether the tolerance levels are higher for women or is it just that men make more noise about it?

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Pain does not know sex, pain is generally about mental toughness. What you have seen, been through, believe, endure and overcome.

over a year ago

Yes

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Very unscientific test and subsequent observations made by me say that it averages out equally.

After giving birth Mr N told me in awe that I must have a very high pain threshold. However he deals daily with chronic pain so I'd say we're about equal.

I think other people's perception of how you're dealing with pain impacts this pain threshold thing. My own gp told me that because I present myself well my pain levels will be underestimated by observers which partly explains why it took so long for a diagnosis of a spinal condition.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Women don't have to worry about getting something caught in their trousers zipper..."

I've had a painful experience with the zip on my cat suit !

over a year ago

I agree with this entirely"

Agreed

over a year ago

People handle different kinds of pain, I get a splinter and you'd think I needed my arm removed (drama queen) but then walked round on a shattered hip for 3 months thinking it was just bruised

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have a high pain threshold which is advantageous for playing pinch wrestling with a friend

over a year ago

its a proven fact i watched an American documentary a while back that attached cables to mens stomachs and butts and sent electrical currents to these areas simulating contractions, it had different degrees of intensity and about all of the men asked for the machine to be turned off at some of the lowest settings

over a year ago

"its a proven fact i watched an American documentary a while back that attached cables to mens stomachs and butts and sent electrical currents to these areas simulating contractions, it had different degrees of intensity and about all of the men asked for the machine to be turned off at some of the lowest settings "
just about

over a year ago

Depends on the individual.

I have known blokes to cycles 15 miles to and from work with broken hand, he claimed the hand killed him till the endorphins kicked in.

I have known women to get back to running after the family, a day or two after coming out of hospital.

over a year ago

I have a low pain tolerance. Thank God I chose not to have kids!

over a year ago

"Very unscientific test and subsequent observations made by me say that it averages out equally.

After giving birth Mr N told me in awe that I must have a very high pain threshold. However he deals daily with chronic pain so I'd say we're about equal.

I think other people's perception of how you're dealing with pain impacts this pain threshold thing. My own gp told me that because I present myself well my pain levels will be underestimated by observers which partly explains why it took so long for a diagnosis of a spinal condition."

Really good point. I was told I do myself a disservice by presenting well, but no matter how much pain I’m not going to writhe on the floor until I literally can not walk. -Mrs

over a year ago

"People handle different kinds of pain, I get a splinter and you'd think I needed my arm removed (drama queen) but then walked round on a shattered hip for 3 months thinking it was just bruised "

Lol this is how I am; whinging about nettles but micro fractures in my femur and hip and I was trying to walk It off for months because I thought it must be that I wasn’t moving enough lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Very unscientific test and subsequent observations made by me say that it averages out equally.

I think other people's perception of how you're dealing with pain impacts this pain threshold thing. My own gp told me that because I present myself well my pain levels will be underestimated by observers which partly explains why it took so long for a diagnosis of a spinal condition.

Really good point. I was told I do myself a disservice by presenting well, but no matter how much pain I’m not going to writhe on the floor until I literally can not walk. -Mrs "

I admit to doing a bit of writhing when I came round from my spinal surgery . I've never been so glad of morphine iny life

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

I don't think so its more some people rather than some women who have more of a tolerance to pain.

over a year ago

I have quite a high pain tolerance except for the testicle area. Very sensitive down there lol

By *unningFoxWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

This one is difficult. I feel pain easily and bruise like a peach from people simply grabbing or touching my arm a bit stronger. I’m always feeling pain very intensely even if it’s just stepping on Lego kind but so does I feel orgasms or pleasure so much more intensely however I will never know if it’s true as I will never feel what others do.

By *hechapMan
over a year ago

Derry

Women never experience the pain of getting a slap in the balls.

Although some men pay to get kicked in the balls so its not that bad after all.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Everyone’s pain threshold is different, irrespective of gender. No one’s pain is greater than another’s it’s just how they personally deal with it.

I bet standing on a rogue piece of Lego gives everyone the same pain feeling

over a year ago

Research has shown that females pain tolerance is higher than males and I can back it up with years of experience as a physioterrorist that in the majority of people in this country that it's very true!

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Research has shown that females pain tolerance is higher than males and I can back it up with years of experience as a physioterrorist that in the majority of people in this country that it's very true! "

Physioterrorist???

over a year ago

"Research has shown that females pain tolerance is higher than males and I can back it up with years of experience as a physioterrorist that in the majority of people in this country that it's very true!

Physioterrorist??? "

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Research has shown that females pain tolerance is higher than males and I can back it up with years of experience as a physioterrorist that in the majority of people in this country that it's very true!

Physioterrorist???

"

Having suffered a slipped and ruptured disc, surgery and subsequent physio .. I think my threshold is higher than some

over a year ago

Physioterrorist???

Having suffered a slipped and ruptured disc, surgery and subsequent physio .. I think my threshold is higher than some "

Lol and everyone who has been through physio hahahahahahahaha

over a year ago

Cha5 with any tattooist and they’ll agree women handle pain better than us

Post new Message to Thread