Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Classy

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What does it mean to be classy? Is it something you aspire to, or think you achieve?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would say being normal is being classy.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think on fab it means maintaining respect and friendliness for all while being sexy without being crude.

In general I think Joanna Lumley has class

over a year ago

I hope I appear classy from my pics although when I've had a few too many drinks I'm sadly far from it.

Hard to sum up exactly what classy is as it can be a look or a way someone handles themselves

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

It means different things to different people. For example on here people often claim to be keeping it classy by not having genital pictures, whilst a lot of people would say just being on here means you're not classy.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It means different things to different people. For example on here people often claim to be keeping it classy by not having genital pictures, whilst a lot of people would say just being on here means you're not classy. "

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I think it's a really subjective term - what's one person's classy could be another's trashy.

To me, yes, to some extent aesthetics play a part (dress sense, hair etc) but overall it's more about how a person acts, towards others and within themselves. Money, social status and other similar factors don't really come into it in the stereotypical way.

It's not something I particularly aspire to be, there are far better traits I hope to have. Also, I don't think I am. Maybe in ten years.

over a year ago

Not naming names but there is a particular lady on here that is very classy and beautiful. Spent some time chatting with her at a club recently. Way out of my league but enjoyed the chat.x

over a year ago

I try to be classy. I hope it's how I appear to others. I think I am but in some ways that seems a bit arrogant.

over a year ago

"I hope I appear classy from my pics although when I've had a few too many drinks I'm sadly far from it.

Hard to sum up exactly what classy is as it can be a look or a way someone handles themselves"

Yes very classy profile, great pics too.

over a year ago

"I try to be classy. I hope it's how I appear to others. I think I am but in some ways that seems a bit arrogant. "

Well your photos are classy.x

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Someone who tells you they are about to fart rather than being common and just doing it!

over a year ago

If you want to be classy just think, WWRBD.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Classy is in the eye of the beholder more than it is something you can "be" and as such I don't think it necessarily has a single defining feature as it is subjective to each of us as individuals.

Certainly some of the "usual" traits like consideration, respect, intellect etc come into it but are not necessarily defining factors in themselves either.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I can dress and act classy if i want but more comfotable with messy hair, jeans and wellingtons.

over a year ago

Being classy on fab is just having a tad bit more decorum and wealth than a homeless person.

By *eviantgent79Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not sure 'classy'can be learned, it's a mix of confidence in yourself and in your appearance. A kind of aloofness to everything you deem to be beneath you..its got very little to do with whether or not you've got nudes on your profile ..bluebell, from the very short time I got to spend in your company recently, I'd say you have class

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I think I'm a bit like Patsy off Ab fab..make if that what you will

over a year ago

"I can dress and act classy if i want but more comfotable with messy hair, jeans and wellingtons."

love this.

Being comfortable is more important. Nothing sexier than waking up and seeing a beautiful lady with ruffled hair,no make up in my oversized t-shirt.x

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Not something I’ve ever thought about or aspired to be. I think it’s more perception of behaviour and ethics rather than a ticklist.

I have my own standards and they may not correspond to someone else’s taste.

over a year ago

I’m also more inclined to think it’s not about appearance but more innate than that. It’s about behaviour towards others and for me it’s also thinking of yourself highly regardless of other opinions.

over a year ago

‘Classy’ appears in our username, but only because I forgot what we were supposed to be and typed in the wrong word

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I think it's another of 'those' words, like professional, exceptional, gentleman, etc.

Generally words that have no direct definition, are essentially subjective but are thrown around by people in an effort to define themselves as higher than others.

I think it's far better to be respectful and honest, kind and decent. If others choose to call you those things then that's fine, labelling yourself as such is a little bit contrary to the definitions.

over a year ago

"What does it mean to be classy? Is it something you aspire to, or think you achieve? "

Classy is a derivation from class distinction. Used to refer to a lady from good breading (money) upper middle - upper class.

Now generally means someone with sophistication and stylish dress sense.

Sadly I'm ladette drink pints an belch (quietly) in public. can be sophisticated if needed

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"It means different things to different people. For example on here people often claim to be keeping it classy by not having genital pictures, whilst a lot of people would say just being on here means you're not classy. "

I’m tempted to agree with this!

I think everyone has their own interpretation of what ‘classy’ means to them - but to many men I’ve had dinner with on fab it seems to be the ability to dress seductively/sexily without being ‘slutty’ or ‘chavy’ and being well spoken and fairly well educated/cultured with good manners/social skills!

I can do all this perfectly until the waiter/waitress removes my plate and my ‘date’ sees that half my meal is on the table!

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

"It means different things to different people. For example on here people often claim to be keeping it classy by not having genital pictures, whilst a lot of people would say just being on here means you're not classy.

I’m tempted to agree with this!

I think everyone has their own interpretation of what ‘classy’ means to them - but to many men I’ve had dinner with on fab it seems to be the ability to dress seductively/sexily without being ‘slutty’ or ‘chavy’ and being well spoken and fairly well educated/cultured with good manners/social skills!

I can do all this perfectly until the waiter/waitress removes my plate and my ‘date’ sees that half my meal is on the table! "

That sums it up for me too

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Classy is different things to different people.

I take it as being ladylike. I am not ladylike. I’m a tomboy strumpet and I wholly embrace that fact

over a year ago

"Classy is different things to different people.

I take it as being ladylike. I am not ladylike. I’m a tomboy strumpet and I wholly embrace that fact "

Is that a football top in one of your photos? Lol

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"Classy is different things to different people.

I take it as being ladylike. I am not ladylike. I’m a tomboy strumpet and I wholly embrace that fact

Is that a football top in one of your photos? Lol"

No. I don’t do Football!

over a year ago

I was talking about this recently. I feel the fab meaning of the word can be empty.

I think it’s important to be genuine ( word that also is annoying thanks to fab) authentic, trustworthy, respectful.

To me classy means showing some self respect, having morals and limits that you’re comfortable with, I might find someone not classy at all but they may feel very good about themselves and that they are.

I honestly don’t know what Fab classy means. I think it means you wear lingerie and heels and look dressed up?

Sorry I was again excessively wordy.

By my personal definition, Swing I find you classy. - Mrs

over a year ago

A classy person in my eyes is someone who respects others less fortunate or more vulnerable than themselves, someone who for example would think nothing of give up their seat to a pregnant lady, old or infirm person, a disabled person on the bus, it's just second nature to them etc... things like that to me show they have class, nothing to do with money or status, worked for hundreds of people with that most were horrible selfish arseholes.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Very subjective term!

By *ooskiMan
over a year ago

south coast

"I think on fab it means maintaining respect and friendliness for all while being sexy without being crude.

In general I think Joanna Lumley has class"

Nearly all your pics capture classy and you so know it.........

over a year ago

I see classy women as demure, sexy, quiet etc I am the opposite no matter how hard I try

I aspire to be classy in the end

Post new Message to Thread