Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Election canvassing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I decided to do some election canvassing around north london which involves knocking on peoples door to get their household information for some extra cash.. wonder if I may knock on ur door

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Sounds dodgy

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't take this the wrong way as it isn't a reflection on you as a person, but I really hope you don't.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

I wouldn't tell you anything.

over a year ago

Who are you knocking for? It could be a risky adventure.

over a year ago

It's for the council. I work for the council and every year we send out household enquiry forms to every household and if people dont return them after the second reminder, canverssers come out knocking on their doors asking for the information of who lives at the property to add them to the electoral roll which the government uses to choose randomly who does jury service. Nothing dodgy and all legal sanctioned by the government. Every council does it

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"So I decided to do some election canvassing around north london which involves knocking on peoples door to get their household information for some extra cash.. wonder if I may knock on ur door "

As lovely as you look... I would turn you away... just like I did the jehovah's yesterday! Cant stand cold calling!

Although one day the neighbours gardener - Gary- called and asked if he could trim my Bush... I was laid out legs open as I looked up and he was pointing to the fir trees behind him! #gutted

over a year ago

"So I decided to do some election canvassing around north london which involves knocking on peoples door to get their household information for some extra cash.. wonder if I may knock on ur door "

Only if you’re handing over a cheque, four foot long by two foot wide & wearing a red coat ( but no singing)

over a year ago

Well knocking doors can't be fun hope it goes ok and people are nice for you.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I always think of election canvassers as people trying to persuade me to vote for the party they support. You are working for the council, ensuring the electoral roll is up to date. Not the same thing.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Trying to make sure everyone is registered to vote? It's a thankless task I imagine, people don't often welcome cold callers and if they don't want to be on the electoral roll or want to hide who's living at a property they might get aggressive. We're registered so you wouldn't be knocking.

If you do it I hope it goes ok and people are nice

over a year ago

Been doing it for a couple weeks now and so far no trouble. People been genuinely nice considering am cold calling by knocking on their door. Can be frustrating at times especially if it rains. But the sun is out. Have a fab day all

Post new Message to Thread