Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No-one wants me!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I read this in a message today: ‘no one wants me’

Made me wonder why folks tie their self worth to Fab? Granted it was likely a pity party comment, but i’d wager a small number of ppl actually do gauge some of their self worth on how successful they are on Fab.

Flip side is all/any attention can make a person feel better about themselves. Positive meets can boost yourself esteem.

There are so many socials and events and parties where like minded Fabbers could interact. Be more optimistic! Someone out there does want you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thank you, this means sooo much. I feared I was unloveable.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think, in a message, it's manipulation. Prove me wrong, restore my faith in humanity, oh valiant woman!

It's not my job.

Those who tie their worth to Fab need to sort it out themselves.

over a year ago

"I read this in a message today: ‘no one wants me’

Made me wonder why folks tie their self worth to Fab? Granted it was likely a pity party comment, but i’d wager a small number of ppl actually do gauge some of their self worth on how successful they are on Fab.

Flip side is all/any attention can make a person feel better about themselves. Positive meets can boost yourself esteem.

There are so many socials and events and parties where like minded Fabbers could interact. Be more optimistic! Someone out there does want you. "

oh no they dont

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I think, in a message, it's manipulation. Prove me wrong, restore my faith in humanity, oh valiant woman!

It's not my job.

Those who tie their worth to Fab need to sort it out themselves. "

Agreed

A reverse psychology attempt

"Validate me" sort of thing

The irony is, a certain amount if self confidence is what many people find sexy

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's reasonable to assume that if lots of attention makes you feel good, no attention will make you feel bad.

I think anyone on fab should try not to let either make any difference to how they feel about themselves, it's all smoke and mirrors

By *al01Man
over a year ago

solihull

Ive posted stuff here as i find i have no body i can turn to when i need to. Sometimes it easier just to post and forget about ut as its off your chest.

Peeps with depression,stress, anxiety etc find different ways to deal with things what ever works for em is a good thing i guess

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

*sings* ....”Nobody likes me, everybody hates me

I think I'll go eat worms!

Big fat juicy ones

Eensie weensy squeensy ones

Ones that squiggle and Squirm....”

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"*sings* ....”Nobody likes me, everybody hates me

I think I'll go eat worms!

Big fat juicy ones

Eensie weensy squeensy ones

Ones that squiggle and Squirm....”"

Ooo ... hello Smeagol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Ive posted stuff here as i find i have no body i can turn to when i need to. Sometimes it easier just to post and forget about ut as its off your chest.

Peeps with depression,stress, anxiety etc find different ways to deal with things what ever works for em is a good thing i guess"

Yes, I've seen people receive great support in the forum. It's not a place to come if you want validation overall though I don't think

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Its not just fab its Tinder and other sites that destroy some peoples self esteem. Thats why if its not working for people they should take a break and not just rely on people meeting on line.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think with the advent of social media that people didn’t realise what thick skins they’d have to have and what a strong sense of self worth they would need. It shows how insidious this form of contact can be for creating self doubt and dismay.

over a year ago

"Ive posted stuff here as i find i have no body i can turn to when i need to. Sometimes it easier just to post and forget about ut as its off your chest.

Peeps with depression,stress, anxiety etc find different ways to deal with things what ever works for em is a good thing i guess

Yes, I've seen people receive great support in the forum. It's not a place to come if you want validation overall though I don't think"

Forums in general are rather supportive.

over a year ago

"Its not just fab its Tinder and other sites that destroy some peoples self esteem. Thats why if its not working for people they should take a break and not just rely on people meeting on line. "

Agreed!!!

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Thank you, this means sooo much. I feared I was unloveable."

I know you've left site but I wish you well x

over a year ago

"Thank you, this means sooo much. I feared I was unloveable.

I know you've left site but I wish you well x"

lol hey theyll be here still and reading that

over a year ago

I used to get a little upset and slightly miffed if i didnt get replies to my messages, then if i got blocked for no reason it actually used to hurt.

I took a step back and gave myself a slap and regrouped. Since doing so i have spent a lot more time in the forums, commenting where appropriate, being funny when right, serious when needed.

As a result i have had the best few days and interacted with so many more people. This is a fun place

When the fun stops, stop

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"

When the fun stops, stop"

100%

People take fab too serious not after a pity fuck its all about having fun and a giggle plus being a little bit naughty and some more

over a year ago

"It's reasonable to assume that if lots of attention makes you feel good, no attention will make you feel bad.

I think anyone on fab should try not to let either make any difference to how they feel about themselves, it's all smoke and mirrors"

Excellent advice.

over a year ago

I think it's often a way of gaining attention. I was talking about this same subject the other day. You get the people here that try to turn everything into a negative for attention with the oh I'm so ugly posts etc for people to say oh your not your beautiful.

over a year ago

"I think it's often a way of gaining attention. I was talking about this same subject the other day. You get the people here that try to turn everything into a negative for attention with the oh I'm so ugly posts etc for people to say oh your not your beautiful. "
yes theirs a name for it oh yes............. feel sorry for me, having said that anyone who posts here is up for attention, some more than others mind, I'm a positive person and enjoy positive people who ennoy life

over a year ago

"I think it's often a way of gaining attention. I was talking about this same subject the other day. You get the people here that try to turn everything into a negative for attention with the oh I'm so ugly posts etc for people to say oh your not your beautiful. yes theirs a name for it oh yes............. feel sorry for me, having said that anyone who posts here is up for attention, some more than others mind, I'm a positive person and enjoy positive people who ennoy life "
enjoy

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

we will probably never meet or get even get know each other on a emotional or physical plane, but I will promise you this as a fellow human being I want you.

I want you to have fun, smile, laugh be loved by a family member as long as you can say that, then the I want.

By *avartMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

I think it's like anything - being confident and sure of yourself starts from within.

I don't particularly care what people think of me, whether good or bad.

That's not arrogance either. Just confidence.

On the flip side, people having a moan or rant make me want to switch off and leave them to it. Of course, if someone absolutely needs help that's a different matter, although online isn't the place for that kind of support.

There's a lot of posing and preening online these days. Similarly, people banging their drum and frothing at the mouth about whatever cause is in vogue.

Take it for what it is. A slightly tongue in cheek bit of fun that doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.

Non-rant over... (Humour is very important ).

over a year ago

U cannot have my penis

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"U cannot have my penis "

Oui..stop being a tease

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I think it's like anything - being confident and sure of yourself starts from within.

I don't particularly care what people think of me, whether good or bad.

That's not arrogance either. Just confidence.

On the flip side, people having a moan or rant make me want to switch off and leave them to it. Of course, if someone absolutely needs help that's a different matter, although online isn't the place for that kind of support.

There's a lot of posing and preening online these days. Similarly, people banging their drum and frothing at the mouth about whatever cause is in vogue.

Take it for what it is. A slightly tongue in cheek bit of fun that doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.

Non-rant over... (Humour is very important )."

I agree with this man.

Post new Message to Thread