Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sleep

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I Don't sleep well at all, it's been like since I was 4 years old so I'm used to it now.

I get into bed and im sleepy but then I need a wee, I suddenly get thirsty, I start feeling itcy, I get restless legs, well restless everything!

I have been to the doctors about this umpteen times and always get told that I don't meet the criteria for referral to a sleep clinic as its only for extreme cases. (I'm sure the fact that at least two nights a week with zero sleep and never more than 4 hours would qualify but apparently not) so my question is has anyone ever gone private? How much was it and did it help?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

An ex of mine who was a psychologist got me into one twice, both private clinics.

Great fun, they found out why I couldn’t sleep but couldn’t help me sleep more...

over a year ago

"An ex of mine who was a psychologist got me into one twice, both private clinics.

Great fun, they found out why I couldn’t sleep but couldn’t help me sleep more... "

Oh dear well that's not helpful!

Iv tried all sorts and im getting a bit desperate. X

over a year ago

"An ex of mine who was a psychologist got me into one twice, both private clinics.

Great fun, they found out why I couldn’t sleep but couldn’t help me sleep more...

Iv tried all sorts and im getting a bit desperate. X"

Well I average 2-3 hours a night and have learnt to accept it... I know that’s not helpful but I even tried the medications and they just made me sick.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"So I Don't sleep well at all, it's been like since I was 4 years old so I'm used to it now.

I get into bed and im sleepy but then I need a wee, I suddenly get thirsty, I start feeling itcy, I get restless legs, well restless everything!

I have been to the doctors about this umpteen times and always get told that I don't meet the criteria for referral to a sleep clinic as its only for extreme cases. (I'm sure the fact that at least two nights a week with zero sleep and never more than 4 hours would qualify but apparently not) so my question is has anyone ever gone private? How much was it and did it help? "

Do you need a wee even if you've just been and feel thirsty even if you've just had a drink?

over a year ago

Iv tried all sorts and im getting a bit desperate. X

Well I average 2-3 hours a night and have learnt to accept it... I know that’s not helpful but I even tried the medications and they just made me sick."

I didn't mean what you said wasn't helpful rather that they couldn't help you. X

over a year ago

"So I Don't sleep well at all, it's been like since I was 4 years old so I'm used to it now.

I have been to the doctors about this umpteen times and always get told that I don't meet the criteria for referral to a sleep clinic as its only for extreme cases. (I'm sure the fact that at least two nights a week with zero sleep and never more than 4 hours would qualify but apparently not) so my question is has anyone ever gone private? How much was it and did it help?

Do you need a wee even if you've just been and feel thirsty even if you've just had a drink? "

Yes but then I'm diabetic so I know what causes that. I don't drink 2 hours before bed but still need to wee constantly.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Try hipnosis (deliberate typo)

over a year ago

"Try hipnosis (deliberate typo)"

Iv considerd that but I'm sceptical.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Try hipnosis (deliberate typo)

Iv considerd that but I'm sceptical. "

Maybe.....but maybe not. Sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Do you need a wee even if you've just been and feel thirsty even if you've just had a drink?

Yes but then I'm diabetic so I know what causes that. I don't drink 2 hours before bed but still need to wee constantly. "

That can't be helpful in promoting uninterrupted sleep.

I can't help you I'm afraid. Mr N has sleep problems but that's due to chronic pain

over a year ago

i don't sleep great either and i too get up for a pee but ive found on days when ive had lots of exercise and I'm worn out i sleep much better

over a year ago

Maybe.....but maybe not. Sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow. "

That's really not funny!

over a year ago

"i don't sleep great either and i too get up for a pee but ive found on days when ive had lots of exercise and I'm worn out i sleep much better "

If iv exercised during the day iv noticed it makes my restless legs worse but once I do fall asleep it's better quality.

over a year ago

"i don't sleep great either and i too get up for a pee but ive found on days when ive had lots of exercise and I'm worn out i sleep much better

If iv exercised during the day iv noticed it makes my restless legs worse but once I do fall asleep it's better quality. "

keep fit and sleep maybe thats the answer

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My sleep has been a nightmare all my adult life. Often i can go 5 days straight with no sleep. Im on day 3 at the moment

over a year ago

For those of you that struggle with sleep I suggest you start with. . .

No TV, mobile, laptop etc for an hour before you go to bed. It's what is called Blue Screen, it keeps your mind stimulated for to long after you settle.

Take a word search with you. It relaxes your mind.

It is not a solution for everyone but I have known it work x

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Maybe.....but maybe not. Sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

That's really not funny! "

I apologise

By *xperimentalistMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Over the past year or so I have started suffering from and being woken up by cramps in (mainly) my left leg. Hugely painful, and as I always have trouble falling asleep anything that wakes me means a lot less sleep.

In terms of the sleep clinics I am not sure I could sleep at all with all the monitors and probes attached to me!

Post new Message to Thread