Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Putting hobbies in profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When searching profiles I'm more drawn to ones where people write a little about themselves, their personality and interests more than ones with just sexual content.

I've found it's easier to strike up a good conversation if there is some common ground to chat about.

I'm also more likely to want to meet 'my kind of people.'

My profile is already a bit lengthy and I know some people don't take the time to read a profile and get bored half way through.

I'm in a bit of a dilema, but might add a couple of interests to see what happens.

What works for you lot on your profile?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

There really is no magic catch all formula to a profile - what will work for one person won't for another - both in terms of the profile owner and anyone reading it.

Obviously for most (especially guys) it needs to be a little more than a one liner, but beyond that it's about being yourself, being open and honest, giving a flavour of yourself, what you are looking for, and think you can offer, and ideally something that helps you stand out and isn't generic.

Mine is largely unchanged since I joined and works for me, but just because it works for me, doesn't mean it will work for everyone, nor do I expect it to appeal to everyone reading it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In all honesty you can leave it blank as a woman men just look at pictures 95% of the time however people who make an effort and put up a bit about of themselves appeal far more to me.

over a year ago

I don't as it could identify me as its also what I do for a living.

The area I'm in everyone knows everyone, so me keeping privacy and discretion is complicated sometimes.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think personality is what to aim for. Hobbies, not sure. I think mine is reasonable.

over a year ago

"There really is no magic catch all formula to a profile - what will work for one person won't for another - both in terms of the profile owner and anyone reading it.

Obviously for most (especially guys) it needs to be a little more than a one liner, but beyond that it's about being yourself, being open and honest, giving a flavour of yourself, what you are looking for, and think you can offer, and ideally something that helps you stand out and isn't generic.

Mine is largely unchanged since I joined and works for me, but just because it works for me, doesn't mean it will work for everyone, nor do I expect it to appeal to everyone reading it."

Thanks. I was thinking that. Your profile is the sort I like to read. Has a bit of humour in it and says a little about your personality.

over a year ago

"In all honesty you can leave it blank as a woman men just look at pictures 95% of the time however people who make an effort and put up a bit about of themselves appeal far more to me. "

You're right. Women don't even have to have a picture to get messages.

I rarely message a woman that hasn't written anything at all. On occassions I might take a chance though.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I get more meets when I hide my profile

over a year ago

I've added a few more lines.

Still feel free to post your comments though......

over a year ago

"When searching profiles I'm more drawn to ones where people write a little about themselves, their personality and interests more than ones with just sexual content.

I've found it's easier to strike up a good conversation if there is some common ground to chat about.

My profile is already a bit lengthy and I know some people don't take the time to read a profile and get bored half way through.

I'm in a bit of a dilema, but might add a couple of interests to see what happens.

"

Good point..mines more about my sexuality than my sex preferences..only because it's quite different but might add that I'm a dancer..blues, jive and contemporary...

over a year ago

"When searching profiles I'm more drawn to ones where people write a little about themselves, their personality and interests more than ones with just sexual content.

Good point..mines more about my sexuality than my sex preferences..only because it's quite different but might add that I'm a dancer..blues, jive and contemporary... "

I'm a dancer too. I used to teach it a little.

50's jive and modern jive.

I've added a bit into my profile....

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Hiya OP

I liked your profile text would be an idea to add a few more pictures also.

As I'm not looking for just NSA I do mention something about me as a person other than I'm just a body for the night. I'm not interested in just sex or conversations lead my sex chat only it really bores me and I just switch off.

I speak to may people who have some of the same interest as me and it's great. I've also meet people based around these interest and long may it continue.

All the best Op

over a year ago

I think hobbies can tell you a little bit about a person (without stating the obvious) some of them can be quite surprising and interesting, and I personally think that's great. The more dimensions to a person and make them seem the real them the better in my book. Embrace our quirks, we may teach others things they didn't know they enjoyed learning, in the same way we can learn from others.

P

over a year ago

Good point..mines more about my sexuality than my sex preferences..only because it's quite different but might add that I'm a dancer..blues, jive and contemporary...

"

I do ceroc jive though with a lot of improvisation...it's best thing in life..losing yourself to the sounds...you still dancing?

over a year ago

I put down my hobby because it's a massive part of my life and people might be interested, or not but it's me

over a year ago

I do ceroc jive though with a lot of improvisation...it's best thing in life..losing yourself to the sounds...you still dancing? "

I do Ceroc. The independent clubs call it modern jive.

I've been dancing about fifteen years now. I still go to Ceroc every now and again, but prefer the faster paced music at rock 'n' roll clubs.

One of the best things I've done in life is to learn how to jive. Love it!

over a year ago

"I think hobbies can tell you a little bit about a person (without stating the obvious) some of them can be quite surprising and interesting, and I personally think that's great. The more dimensions to a person and make them seem the real them the better in my book. Embrace our quirks, we may teach others things they didn't know they enjoyed learning, in the same way we can learn from others.

P"

Exactly my thoughts.

over a year ago

"I think hobbies can tell you a little bit about a person (without stating the obvious) some of them can be quite surprising and interesting, and I personally think that's great. The more dimensions to a person and make them seem the real them the better in my book. Embrace our quirks, we may teach others things they didn't know they enjoyed learning, in the same way we can learn from others.

P"

over a year ago

"Hiya OP

I liked your profile text would be an idea to add a few more pictures also.

As I'm not looking for just NSA I do mention something about me as a person other than I'm just a body for the night. I'm not interested in just sex or conversations lead my sex chat only it really bores me and I just switch off.

I speak to may people who have some of the same interest as me and it's great. I've also meet people based around these interest and long may it continue.

All the best Op

"

Thanks, I might work on the pictures. I'm very camera shy and not photogenic though.......

over a year ago

Your profile content would make me reply and certainly chat further (in theory)

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I suppose on one hand it would make it easier for socials, would give you something other than "drinks", personally I don't drink & can't hear in bars.

Coffee/tea can be boring.

I haven't got any hobbies on my profile because it would make a nightmare for me.

over a year ago

"Your profile content would make me reply and certainly chat further (in theory) "

That's very nice of you to say. Thank you.

over a year ago

"Your profile content would make me reply and certainly chat further (in theory)

That's very nice of you to say. Thank you. "

You are welcome

over a year ago

"I suppose on one hand it would make it easier for socials, would give you something other than "drinks", personally I don't drink & can't hear in bars.

I haven't got any hobbies on my profile because it would make a nightmare for me. "

I've been on 'normal' dating sites too, although I don't bother with them too much now, I do like to get out and meet people.

I don't drink either and yes, sitting in a coffee shop isn't my idea of fun.

I'd be quite content with something quite chilled and relaxing. I've been on first dates just going for a walk and feeding the ducks.

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

"I suppose on one hand it would make it easier for socials, would give you something other than "drinks", personally I don't drink & can't hear in bars.

I haven't got any hobbies on my profile because it would make a nightmare for me.

I've been on 'normal' dating sites too, although I don't bother with them too much now, I do like to get out and meet people.

I'd be quite content with something quite chilled and relaxing. I've been on first dates just going for a walk and feeding the ducks. "

I'm too active for sitting for long time, I'll fidget something chronic.

Yeah, I've done the walks but getting cold so pool, bowling, or something similar would be my ideal for winter

By *Man1263Man
over a year ago

Stockport

No, my hobby and sport (same thing) would probably scare more off!

over a year ago

I'd be quite content with something quite chilled and relaxing. I've been on first dates just going for a walk and feeding the ducks.

I'm too active for sitting for long time, I'll fidget something chronic.

Yeah, I've done the walks but getting cold so pool, bowling, or something similar would be my ideal for winter "

You definitely have my way of thinking.

Having a game of pool or something similar Is far more relaxing and takes the edge of any potential nervousness.

I did a pub quiz on a first date once. We lost badly, but had a good laugh though.

over a year ago

I do ceroc jive though with a lot of improvisation...it's best thing in life..losing yourself to the sounds...you still dancing?

I do Ceroc. The independent clubs call it modern jive.

I've been dancing about fifteen years now. I still go to Ceroc every now and again, but prefer the faster paced music at rock 'n' roll clubs.

One of the best things I've done in life is to learn how to jive. Love it!"

Totally...do love the fast tracks

over a year ago

"In all honesty you can leave it blank as a woman men just look at pictures 95% of the time however people who make an effort and put up a bit about of themselves appeal far more to me.

You're right. Women don't even have to have a picture to get messages.

I rarely message a woman that hasn't written anything at all. On occassions I might take a chance though. "

I agree. I want more than pictures. I want to know something about the person. The idea that all men are only visual is way off the mark.

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Hobbies on a profile are a great idea.

A photo and profile are nice but I'd like to know more about a person then what they look like or what they're looking for in the bedroom.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

I'm not sure my Ch4 Countdown obsession would make for interesting profile content

G F M S I A G E L E N D

Such a conundrum...

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We mention our hobbies on our profile as it helps explain why we're so busy. We also like to combine our other hobbies with swinging when we get the chance.

over a year ago

Not me but I don't see it harming you never know it could bring like minded people together.

Post new Message to Thread