Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vegan Activists

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Vegan activists storm a pizza restaurant in Brighton and use megaphones and chant to shame the pizza eaters. One of the diners who was a large burly male appears to biff one of the female vegans who got close up and personal. How would you react in the middle of a pepperoni passion or cheese and tomato?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Any man woman of TV that becomes between me and my Pizza will be taken out and if they run. I will chase them. I will find them. And I will kill them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't eat pizza but vegan activist hunting is an all year round sport

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The protester got what she deserved. . Men or women using a megaphone in anyone's face deserves to get their crust stuffed.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

We do not have such worries in Cumbria vegans are put in a pit when there young.

By *izzymonkeyMan
over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

"Any man woman of TV that becomes between me and my Pizza will be taken out and if they run. I will chase them. I will find them. And I will kill them "

This....you ain't taking my pizza obsession away!!

over a year ago

"I don't eat pizza but vegan activist hunting is an all year round sport"

over a year ago

Probably stormed in their cotton undies and slogan dyed t-shirts ignorant in the knowledge of how much environmental damage cotton and textile manufacturing causes..

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I'd carry on and eat my pizza, no worries.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

The irony is that direct action like that probably turns more people away from their cause than it does to promote awareness of animal welfare

over a year ago

They very rarely seem to protest at abattoirs and meat-producing farms. It's as though they only want to pick on soft targets like restaurants and supermarkets where there are lots of people with cameras to record their brave acts.

over a year ago

I have the odd vegan day ....i just cannot give up salami!

If she got in my face id have gone insane and probably mounted the meat feast in her s!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I don't tend to have meat on a pizza these days. Sometimes a bit of anchovy but that's it.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Vegan activists storm a pizza restaurant in Brighton and use megaphones and chant to shame the pizza eaters. One of the diners who was a large burly male appears to biff one of the female vegans who got close up and personal. How would you react in the middle of a pepperoni passion or cheese and tomato?"

Laugh?

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"The irony is that direct action like that probably turns more people away from their cause than it does to promote awareness of animal welfare "

Yes agree

over a year ago

I’m about 90% vegan diet wise … eat meat maybe twice a year. My morals, my body, my choice.

I don’t preach and don’t want to be preached to about such things but punching someone in the face because they’re interrupting your pizza??? Get some perspective.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

I'd advise them to fuck off..

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

Force a sausage down there throat...

over a year ago

"I’m about 90% vegan diet wise … eat meat maybe twice a year. My morals, my body, my choice.

I don’t preach and don’t want to be preached to about such things but punching someone in the face because they’re interrupting your pizza??? Get some perspective."

A polite interruption would be just about ok but a rant or “action” would see me advise them to go away and if they continued I’d forcibly eject them.

over a year ago

I don't feel sorry for the protestor I don't think the guy should have hit her though. However they don't care about the harm they are causing themselves, how scary their protests look to children and vulnerable people who don't have the ability to understand what they are doing. It doesn't make me want to join their cause. It pushes people the other way.

over a year ago

"Any man woman of TV that becomes between me and my Pizza will be taken out and if they run. I will chase them. I will find them. And I will kill them "

Laughed way too much at that

over a year ago

As a veggie I understand how some people think and the passion there feelings evoke BUT... there are ways and means of getting a point across. A megaphone in the earhole ain't one of them. I would never condone her actions and would have been very annoyed if I had been there.

Every one should make up there own minds as to there stance on ANYTHING, I have made my decision and you must make yours.

I don't eat meat

I am not going to tell you, you can't.

But just find out what you are eating and how its produced.

Well that's my bit live your life how you think fit. Enjoy , your a long time dead.

Xxx

over a year ago

I'd flick my spicy sausage at them.

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

I don't blame the fella its unacceptable to harass people like that.

over a year ago

I'd stare at them until their alarm went off to remind them to take their iron supplements,and left.

over a year ago

Id drop the first 3 in arms reach for disturbing my tea and assaulting my ears then watch the rest run i dont like been told what to do by people i do what i want

Oooo if i think this thru i could scar them for life by making one of them watch as i catch skin gut cook and eat a poor little bunny rabbit see how they like my diet then arsehat fuck wits

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"They very rarely seem to protest at abattoirs and meat-producing farms. It's as though they only want to pick on soft targets like restaurants and supermarkets where there are lots of people with cameras to record their brave acts."

Funnily enough they don't protest about people wearing leather at Hell's Angel rallies either

over a year ago

Wheres all the carnivore activists when you need em

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Id probably do nothing, then try and join their group at a later date. Earn their trust, find out where they live.... then i will have my fun with everything they hold dear.

over a year ago

do you have a very specific set of skills?

over a year ago

Idiots

over a year ago

"Any man woman of TV that becomes between me and my Pizza will be taken out and if they run. I will chase them. I will find them. And I will kill them do you have a very specific set of skills?"
or is it like peter Griffins very particular lack of skills

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

All I saw from the footage is a bald headed thug who looks as though he's consumed too many pizzas

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Anyone shoving a megaphone in my face would get rammed into their own face - regardless of age, gender, race, religion etc.

over a year ago

Id laugh and look really smug eating my meat food.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

People go out for a meal for different reasons.. celebration maybe or perhaps to talk about bereavement or divorce..

Can understand why people may react differently

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"Wheres all the carnivore activists when you need em"

The local Beefeater pub, noshing on a steak

over a year ago

Surely vegans protesting in a restaurant is bit late the animal has been dead for a fair while. Wouldn’t it make more sense at farms or abattoir. I would def lose my temper if anyone started shouting abuse at me if I was in a restaurant.

over a year ago

I'd politely point out that in their everyday existence, like it or not, they can not do anything that has not in someway resulted in the death of an animal.

The only way to resolve this and be a true vegan would be to fuck off and kill themsilves.

over a year ago

I'd be annoyed if someone disturbed my meal out in such a way. I'd be more annoyed at the person that turned a noisy demonstration into a violent altercation. There is no way you can justify attacking someone for something so trivial and I'm surprised and pretty disgusted by some of the comments on this thread suggesting that violence was an appropriate response

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Activists of any description are a pain in the arse.

By *shoreMan
over a year ago

cork

Well said about activiest......my view on such people is they never grew up hungery

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I’m not the most tolerant of people when I’m hungry, probably best not to discuss my thoughts on this issue

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I'd be annoyed if someone disturbed my meal out in such a way. I'd be more annoyed at the person that turned a noisy demonstration into a violent altercation. There is no way you can justify attacking someone for something so trivial and I'm surprised and pretty disgusted by some of the comments on this thread suggesting that violence was an appropriate response "

Not sure it's trivial to someone just out to enjoy a meal in peace...

over a year ago

"I'd be annoyed if someone disturbed my meal out in such a way. I'd be more annoyed at the person that turned a noisy demonstration into a violent altercation. There is no way you can justify attacking someone for something so trivial and I'm surprised and pretty disgusted by some of the comments on this thread suggesting that violence was an appropriate response "
its totally appropriate for a stranger invading your personal bubble

over a year ago

"I'd politely point out that in their everyday existence, like it or not, they can not do anything that has not in someway resulted in the death of an animal.

The only way to resolve this and be a true vegan would be to fuck off and kill themsilves."

This is a disgusting thing to say.

over a year ago

Best bet would of been to call the police and have them arrested for breach of the peace and then sue them for injury to his hearing..maybe they'd think twice if they have compensation to pay and a criminal record..

over a year ago

I'd take a window seat and order a meat feast. Then proceed to lick each pepperoni slice dry, before tentatively chewing and enjoying each mouthful.

I'm all for political activism, but not am appalled by militant behaviour on any side of any political debate.

Put your argument across like an adult, or I'll rub whatever it is you're so angry about, right back in your face.

Pizza tastes just as good either way.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Police never seem to be decisive or know what to do in these instances..

I would stick a slice of garlic bread in each year and keep on eating pizza

By *oonloverWoman
over a year ago

bognor regis

They protest our local farm and slaughterhouse. They are vile aggressive balaclavaed yobs who threaten young children - the minute you either feel the need to threaten people or cover your face you have lost the argument in my opinion

over a year ago

"They protest our local farm and slaughterhouse. They are vile aggressive balaclavaed yobs who threaten young children - the minute you either feel the need to threaten people or cover your face you have lost the argument in my opinion"

Yes. Take the face mask off and look me in the eye, battle my brain if you want to change my behaviour.

I can be quite aggressive when it comes to self defense, it's not something I'm proud of, just fair warning its something I'm rather good at.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Let's not promote or discuss getting violent.. it's just a thread and a hypothetical question although the incident did happen

over a year ago

"They protest our local farm and slaughterhouse. They are vile aggressive balaclavaed yobs who threaten young children - the minute you either feel the need to threaten people or cover your face you have lost the argument in my opinion

Yes. Take the face mask off and look me in the eye, battle my brain if you want to change my behaviour.

I can be quite aggressive when it comes to self defense, it's not something I'm proud of, just fair warning its something I'm rather good at.

"

Off-topic,I know,and I'm sorry but...

...a self-defence situation presumes you have been attacked or are about to be - that is,the other person/s have unilaterally decided to forego diplomacy. In that scenario you do have a right to defend your personal safety or that of those being threatened. In which case, aggression is required,but only to the point where the threat is controlled.

(This last is not a comment on the event being discussed: I've not yet seen footage or know of any of the facts outside of the necessarily very limited context of that kind of footage.)

I've been practicing Krav Maga for about three years now and I've learned a great deal about the human body and,in particular,its weak spots.

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Let's not promote or discuss getting violent.. it's just a thread and a hypothetical question although the incident did happen"

I would agree but the forum Tarzan's like to beat their chests and do the ~Tarzan holler

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"I'd politely point out that in their everyday existence, like it or not, they can not do anything that has not in someway resulted in the death of an animal.

The only way to resolve this and be a true vegan would be to fuck off and kill themsilves.

This is a disgusting thing to say. "

Yeah, what about plastics?

over a year ago

This is a disgusting thing to say.

Yeah, what about plastics?"

What about plastics? Telling people to go and kill themselves is not acceptable. Probably a bit sensitive as I lost my brother to suicide but it’s not a cool thing to say.

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I have to agree its really bad taste to tell anyone to go and kill themselves under any circumstances.

over a year ago

May be the lack of decent food makes the vegans act so messed up. I’d be pretty crazy if I lived on quorn and lettuce

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

Omg idiots

over a year ago

"May be the lack of decent food makes the vegans act so messed up. I’d be pretty crazy if I lived on quorn and lettuce "

I’m dating a vegan who I met on here and my best friend is also one. They are not crazy or desperate. The complete opposite. However, I do not condone extreme behaviour of any groups.

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

Imagine if cave men only eat fresh air! Do you think that type is pc idiot would exist

over a year ago

"They protest our local farm and slaughterhouse. They are vile aggressive balaclavaed yobs who threaten young children - the minute you either feel the need to threaten people or cover your face you have lost the argument in my opinion

Off-topic,I know,and I'm sorry but...

...a self-defence situation presumes you have been attacked or are about to be - that is,the other person/s have unilaterally decided to forego diplomacy. In that scenario you do have a right to defend your personal safety or that of those being threatened. In which case, aggression is required,but only to the point where the threat is controlled.

(This last is not a comment on the event being discussed: I've not yet seen footage or know of any of the facts outside of the necessarily very limited context of that kind of footage.)

I've been practicing Krav Maga for about three years now and I've learned a great deal about the human body and,in particular,its weak spots."

Yes, I know what self defense is. I've not seen the video either, just going off the description. I said what I'd do in restaurant,I'd enjoy my pizza, rub it in their face.

If I got a megaphone 2inches to the face and verbally attacked by it, I'd remove the megaphone by force. It's an invasion of personal space and would hurt my eardrums.

I was referring more to other militant activism like some of the fox hunts I've seen get interrupted. I'm no fan of the blood sport, but some of the protesters commit bad crimes in tackling it and people do get hurt, on and by both sides. Employees of companies get attacked for doing legal jobs at family planning clinics.

So if I were a victim of a political activist attack. Yes it would be self defense, performed with skill and aggression. I'm not a violent man in any way, shape or form. I'd just be using the knowledge and experience I have to defend myself from a threat.

(not relevant to the thread) I've got a yellow belt in Judo and karate and have done the SIA door supervisors course Oh and I'm a lean, green, ex Royal Engineer Machine

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I do not believe the literal meaning is meant when someone says, 'fuck off and die' or similar. Or executing somebody for disturbing their pizza eating. It is just an expression of their love of pizza or their annoyance at political activists or even an expression of humour. People who don't understand that are wokeflakes in my opinion.

Wokeflakes are like snowflakes but more easily and professionally offended by everything.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"Let's not promote or discuss getting violent.. it's just a thread and a hypothetical question although the incident did happen"

You can't ask a hypothetical question about want people would do if attacked and say let's not discuss violence. Some people are taught that the best form of defence is attack and it's a part of the perfectly natural fight or flight response.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Let's not promote or discuss getting violent.. it's just a thread and a hypothetical question although the incident did happen

You can't ask a hypothetical question about want people would do if attacked and say let's not discuss violence. Some people are taught that the best form of defence is attack and it's a part of the perfectly natural fight or flight response."

Sorry.. you are correct

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

If they want to protest at the source of the problem , they need to fuck off to Brazil and protest outside the President's office there

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

The video was taken by the activists - they were filming as they walked into the restaraunt so the 'confrontation' was both expected and, I suspect, welcome.

The man was obviously annoyed and he did lunge at the woman, but I didn't see a punch to her face.

The video was posted by the activists and has a lot of the soundtrack edited out - one does wonder what was said during those spaces.

To me, if I stand there shouting into someone's face then I wouldn't be surprised at getting smacked.

In my opinion this was nothing more than a setup publicity stunt to allow a bunch of snowflakes to feel persecuted and angsty...

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The video was taken by the activists - they were filming as they walked into the restaraunt so the 'confrontation' was both expected and, I suspect, welcome.

The man was obviously annoyed and he did lunge at the woman, but I didn't see a punch to her face.

The video was posted by the activists and has a lot of the soundtrack edited out - one does wonder what was said during those spaces.

To me, if I stand there shouting into someone's face then I wouldn't be surprised at getting smacked.

In my opinion this was nothing more than a setup publicity stunt to allow a bunch of snowflakes to feel persecuted and angsty...

"

I wonder if it's a bit like cycling with a go pro staying within the rules but doing everything to provoke car drivers then sharing the footage and playing the victim card. They time trial near me and that seems to give them the right to believe the roads are not open to the public. It's playing the race card in my opinion.

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Lovely bit of vegan hypocrisy on here the other day.... vegan punting out how eating animal protien was unnatural and terrible for our bodies, but saying woman should swallow his cum because vegans apparently taste better.... he couldn't see any contradiction in these two positions ....

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Molon labe

Post new Message to Thread