Ever wonder if?

Jump to newest

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

You are relationship 'materail'

I've just seen the love post.

Having been in 2 very long

term relationships in my time and a couple of others and now a widow...I'm not sure I can see myself going there. I mean really being committed and in it for the long haul.

Do you value your freedom, your independence to much to give it up...completely?

Or would you gladly be willing to jump right in there?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have freedom and independence and I’m happily married

over a year ago

I like my freedom

But who knows what will happen!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I think everyone is relationship material to someone out there. I think it can be situational though; if two people both meet at the "right time" and want to explore it further they will.

As far as independence and freedom goes, if you don't want to give it up and are in the right relationship for you, you don't have to. I haven't.

By *exyEggsCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"I have freedom and independence and I’m happily married "

Snap - perhaps the OP is thinking more in the sense of compromise? As in, when you're single, you can do exactly what you want, when you want without having to consider anyone else.

I might be wrong though

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

I can't see it for myself either. Two days is about my limit then I'm itching for my space back.

I hope I do change my mind in future as I'd rather not be alone when I'm older, but it's definitely not something on the horizon anytime soon.

over a year ago

I've been on the fence for a long time. Do i want a relationship or do i want fun and freedom etc. I guess a relationship will win in the end when i find the right person, but the hard part is knowing who the right person is.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Im happier to be alone. I can eat a tin of beans out the pan off a wooden spoon with nobody to tell me off.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I've had long term relationships, so I guess I am "relationship material", but it's not what i'm looking for at the moment.

That said, I wouldn't rule it out completely if the person and circumstances were right.

over a year ago

i had a controlled upbringing then fell into controlling relationships/marriage

have been single 8 ish years and have spent that time discovering who i really am

I think I could have a relationship however

I'm not sure if I could live with someone again. my life now would have to completely change and I'm not ready to

over a year ago

I find the whole dating/relationship thing really interesting but I never did have a clear idea of where I sat.

I never actively looked for a relationship, I've never been on a dating site etc. I have loved and lost before and I had real issues with trust and abandonment and my fear was that I'd not be able to love again.

I think it's like Meli said, the right person at the right time is all it takes. You can be in a relationship without feeling like you're making sacrifices because the things you gain far far outweigh them, the things you thought you wanted pale into insignificance when you get what you need instead.

over a year ago

Have both relationships dont limit freedom as long as theres trust there

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I can't see it for myself either. Two days is about my limit then I'm itching for my space back.

I hope I do change my mind in future as I'd rather not be alone when I'm older, but it's definitely not something on the horizon anytime soon."

My nan met her second husband about 10 years after my grandad died and she was in her 70s so it's never too late in my eyes . Don't worry about the future and do what makes you happy now.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I thought that if my marriage ended I would just enjoy being single a shag around having finally learned how to attract women. As it turned out, I met Hannah, I ended my marriage, Hannah and I have moved in together and I wouldn't want it any other way. She is my tower of strength.

There are risks and disadvantages to not having your own space and diary, but this is well worth jumping into with both feet.

Luke

over a year ago

Oh I definitely want a long term relationship but as I’m looking for a new job and don’t know where I’ll end up, silly to actively look for that now.

Might as well just enjoy myself and have fun on here and see what happens...

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

My freedom is changing as Hubby has decided to retire early... got two days left before my life changes...

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I’m single but do not wish to spend my latter years alone!

Maybe that suggests I am relationship material...

By *exyEggsCouple
over a year ago

"Im happier to be alone. I can eat a tin of beans out the pan off a wooden spoon with nobody to tell me off."

I do that anyway

Mrs TMN x

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Relationship material?

I don't think I am

I accepted a long time ago, I'd spend the rest of my life alone

over a year ago

I was in a very long relationship and been on my own quite a while now. I think the longer you’re on your own the more you get used to it. I’d like a long term relationship as I do miss having a man in my life, he’d have to be kinky though

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"You are relationship 'materail'

term relationships in my time and a couple of others and now a widow...I'm not sure I can see myself going there. I mean really being committed and in it for the long haul.

Do you value your freedom, your independence to much to give it up...completely?

Or would you gladly be willing to jump right in there?"

I've had many serious relationships. Been married. Loving the fact I'm single...just need more sex! Lol

over a year ago

Married for many year, now divorced and love the freedom of being single

over a year ago

Or would you gladly be willing to jump right in there?

I've had many serious relationships. Been married. Loving the fact I'm single...just need more sex! Lol "

Happy to help with the last part

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Never say never!

I love being in a good relationship. It’s amazing having someone who loves you, cares about you, can make you laugh your tits off on a regular basis and makes your tummy turn over just being with them and that warm cosy feeling you get when you’ve had a shit day but it’s ok because you’ll be seeing them, not to mention hot sex with someone who has seen you at your worst but finds it sexy anyway.

I miss that.

But I don’t think I could live with a man ever again.

So my ideal relationship would for us each to have our own places and date and holiday and sleepover occasionally, but each have our own homes.

over a year ago

Yes I've wondered this many times.

I've often thought I'm possibly too emotionally damaged to be good relationship material.

I've thought I'm too close to the menopause for it to be fair on B to get into a relationship with him, he will get to know me, fall in love with me as I am and then before he knows it I'm a psycho dried up bearded ball of emotion and turmoil who doesn't know what the fuck day it is. (Can you tell I'm expecting it to hit me hard?!)

P

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I honestly don’t associate relationships with giving up any freedom. I’m perfectly capable of being with one person, if that person adds something to my life, but it wouldn’t be all consuming or changing my existing life.

over a year ago

its not a decision you can make a definitive assumption of its a thing you either do or dont

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I certainly think i'm relationship material and have been told that often. It's not what I seek at the moment but if I met someone in the future that stirs deeper feelings in me I would take the plunge. I'm enjoying my second bachelorhood but also know it may end someday.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Never say never!

I love being in a good relationship. It’s amazing having someone who loves you, cares about you, can make you laugh your tits off on a regular basis and makes your tummy turn over just being with them and that warm cosy feeling you get when you’ve had a shit day but it’s ok because you’ll be seeing them, not to mention hot sex with someone who has seen you at your worst but finds it sexy anyway.

I miss that.

So my ideal relationship would for us each to have our own places and date and holiday and sleepover occasionally, but each have our own homes. "

If anything, this is pretty much it for me...I'm feeling the 'never say never'.

over a year ago

Well, the rest of the world says I'm not, and since relationships require, at a minimum, two people, that's the end of it.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I think that I am relationship material but whether I want one right now, I very much doubt.

I realise that I'm still (fairly) young and I'm still getting to grips with my life and balancing things, I'm working towards contentment on my own and it feels good.

As others have said though; if/when the right person comes along, it doesn't feel like you're passing up your freedom and it doesn't feel like work. That's when you just know...

over a year ago

Married/together for 20 years. I’ve never felt a lack of independence or freedom. It’s not a sentence if you’re happy together and are healthy emotionally as a couple. I don’t know what constitutes material, as I’m sure someone else couldn’t live with me the way Mr can lol - Mrs

over a year ago

Well im just out of a 16 year marriage so gonna need to learn how to be single again..lol

over a year ago

"Im happier to be alone. I can eat a tin of beans out the pan off a wooden spoon with nobody to tell me off.

I do that anyway

Mrs TMN x "

I do it with noodles hahahaha - Mrs

( and no one tells me off and I don’t tell anyone off because such little things don’t matter hahaha)

By *urvyandCurious999Woman
over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I was with my ex for 14 years and have been single now for around 18 months. I'd love another relationship eventually, but I don't think I'd want to live with anyone again until my kids leave home. I'm not an easy person to live with at the best of times anyway. I like my space.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

After being with the same person for almost 30 years I’m quite enjoying meeting interesting people.

over a year ago

Sadly over the last ten years I've come to the conclusion I'm probably not seen as relationship material.

So now I'm going to just embrace that.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im not traditional relationship material. When i got divorced i decided i wasnt cut out to live with anyone and i havent. Luckily for me i met someone who felt the same way as me and i fell in love with him. We have been together 14 years are blisssfully happy. No arguments. Both have our own space every week its like going on a date every holiday is like a honeymoon. So for me the perfect relationship is not living together and lucky i found it

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

[Removed by poster at 02/10/19 19:53:58]

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

"You are relationship 'materail'"

Yep.

All I've really ever wanted is a nice long relationship with someone nice.

Lots of sex obviously.

Have kids and just have a happy family.

But atm it's still not happened.

over a year ago

never been in a relationship even once

which is great for me

I guess i'm not relationship material

over a year ago

"Relationship material" makes me think doormat. A term used to dim someone's light. I don't see it as a positive term at all.

People can have mutually appreciative and happy relationships. But calling it that term just makes me think it's coercive.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Yep.

All I've really ever wanted is a nice long relationship with someone nice.

Lots of sex obviously.

Have kids and just have a happy family.

But atm it's still not happened."

I think there must be a lot of people who would love those things and the beauty is you never know what's around the corner.I hope that you find it x

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Im not traditional relationship material. When i got divorced i decided i wasnt cut out to live with anyone and i havent. Luckily for me i met someone who felt the same way as me and i fell in love with him. We have been together 14 years are blisssfully happy. No arguments. Both have our own space every week its like going on a date every holiday is like a honeymoon. So for me the perfect relationship is not living together and lucky i found it"

That sounds pretty good to me.

By *exyEggsCouple
over a year ago

"Im happier to be alone. I can eat a tin of beans out the pan off a wooden spoon with nobody to tell me off.

I do that anyway

Mrs TMN x

I do it with noodles hahahaha - Mrs

( and no one tells me off and I don’t tell anyone off because such little things don’t matter hahaha) "

I lick the gravy off my plate!

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"You are relationship 'material?"

No. I was once. Haven't been in years. Doesn't matter any more.

By *Man1263Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"Never say never!

I miss that.

So my ideal relationship would for us each to have our own places and date and holiday and sleepover occasionally, but each have our own homes. "

This

over a year ago

Value my freedom, however I would happily commit to the right person if she came along, club in hand and pulled me away by my hair

over a year ago

Nope

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"Im not traditional relationship material. When i got divorced i decided i wasnt cut out to live with anyone and i havent. Luckily for me i met someone who felt the same way as me and i fell in love with him. We have been together 14 years are blisssfully happy. No arguments. Both have our own space every week its like going on a date every holiday is like a honeymoon. So for me the perfect relationship is not living together and lucky i found it

That sounds pretty good to me."

And me!

over a year ago

I used to be....im not now

By *2and3quartersWoman
over a year ago

Bumbletown

[Removed by poster at 03/10/19 17:06:27]

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I think I'm too 'damaged' for a relationship. So I just plod along lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If I were to be single again (gods forbid) I've always said I wouldn't want to get back into a relationship like the one I have now, its taken a long time to build it and I strongly doubt anything could come close to matching it. I would be open to a relationship of sorts though, I don't do well alone.

over a year ago

I can't think of anything worse than being in a committed long term relationship. I've never had one. I am DEFINITELY NOT relationship material. Friendships and intimate friendships yes, but long term commitment - I shudder at the thought.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I can't think of anything worse than being in a committed long term relationship. I've never had one. I am DEFINITELY NOT relationship material. Friendships and intimate friendships yes, but long term commitment - I shudder at the thought.

"

oo. why's that? I'm genuinely interested not criticising

over a year ago

I've been happily single for 43 of my 51 years and can confidently say that I'm not relationship material though rather good at proper non-fab fwbs

over a year ago

have done both being in a longterm relationship and being single, now have a fwb and it seems to work, does that count as a relastionship ,in my view it does, i still love her, but dont have to pick her knickers up of the floor lol, Andy

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"have done both being in a longterm relationship and being single, now have a fwb and it seems to work, does that count as a relastionship ,in my view it does, i still love her, but dont have to pick her knickers up of the floor lol, Andy"

that counts as a relationship to me too.

We all have relationships even if its only with the cat. Some are very brief, some are sexual, some platonic, some committed monogamous, some not. I think unless you're a hermit everyone is relationship material

over a year ago

I have had two disastrous marriages, both ending due to abuse of different kinds. But I do like to think there is someone out there for me, I have a lot to give.

There are relationships of all kinds I think, not all scary.

From a hopeless romantic!

over a year ago

"I can't think of anything worse than being in a committed long term relationship. I've never had one. I am DEFINITELY NOT relationship material. Friendships and intimate friendships yes, but long term commitment - I shudder at the thought.

oo. why's that? I'm genuinely interested not criticising"

I feel 100% content on my own, and don't feel the need or desire for a partner. Partners seem a drain on my time, energy, and finances. Plus, I'm fickle, and have a huge appetite for variety.

over a year ago

Now what is it better ? Being relationship material ? Or just a good looking disposable sexual commodity ?

over a year ago

With the right person there is no compromise, and no choice either.....

over a year ago

i love my freedom but never say never is my motto except to jellied eels and parking wardens

over a year ago

"With F&B there is no compromise, and no choice either....."

Thank you but I am a heterosexual who fuck women's rectum to the max.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"With F&B there is no compromise, and no choice either.....

Thank you but I am a heterosexual who fuck women's rectum to the max. "

The ‘max’ is slang for the little tight bit about 2cms in.

over a year ago

you gotta be in it to pin it

over a year ago

The ‘max’ is slang for the little tight bit about 2cms in. "

Yes that's why I used it

over a year ago

What if I dressed up baby?

over a year ago

What if I dressed up baby? "

Can you imitate the voice of Susanne Boyle too ?

over a year ago

You can have relationships and freedom. My situation is different because I am in two relationships. Both very different. One is based on sex, love and playfulness. One based on friendship love and companionship. I have freedom within both of my relationships and they both support and empower me.

over a year ago

Can you imitate the voice of Susanne Boyle too ? "

I could try?

over a year ago

Can you imitate the voice of Susanne Boyle too ?

I could try?"

Considered yourself fucked then x

Post new Message to Thread