Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Friends invites

Jump to newest

By *onny-2008 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/ Lancaster

Hi All

Is it so wrong to send a wink and an invite to show your interested in somebodies profile ?

you would believe the odd rude, and nasty replies I get , this is a swinging site and I thought were all like minded peeps , a simple "no" or ignore would be nice

Rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think sending a friend invite to someone you've not even spoken to is quite rude personally.

I think it's presumptuous and screams to me that they're just wanting to look at your friend only/selective viewing pictures.

P

over a year ago

"I think sending a friend invite to someone you've not even spoken to is quite rude personally.

I think it's presumptuous and screams to me that they're just wanting to look at your friend only/selective viewing pictures.

P"

I agree. I only accept friend requests from people I actually know!

over a year ago

I have to ask you why you're sending random friend invites to people. You'll find it's better to send them after you've been chatting for a while so send messages instead.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

A wink ... no .. that's fine as you say, shows an interest and they can reciprocate of they wish.

Unsolicited friend requests however tend to piss more people off than it pleases. Usually the domain of the picture collector

Personally, I think the general rule is at least talk to them a little first before sending a friend request.

But that's my opinion

over a year ago

"Hi All

Is it so wrong to send a wink and an invite to show your interested in somebodies profile ?

you would believe the odd rude, and nasty replies I get , this is a swinging site and I thought were all like minded peeps , a simple "no" or ignore would be nice

Rant over "

I don't think it's rude just a bit presumptuous....if we've not even chatted what would make you think I want you seeing my fanny pics....erm....if I had any....

By *onny-2008 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/ Lancaster

"I think sending a friend invite to someone you've not even spoken to is quite rude personally.

P"

Thank you fair point , ,but some don't even have pics and a lot don't look at winks ! ??

like I said just my way of showing interest

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

P"

Agreed. Wink fine, friend request no. You're not my friend if we haven't spoken, and if I wanted any random person to see my friends pictures, they'd be public.

over a year ago

"Hi All

Rant over "

Yep. Rude, weird, invasive, arrogant, tone-deaf and completely inappropriate. It is STAGGERING that people are unable to comprehend what constitutes as decent behaviour.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

P

Agreed. Wink fine, friend request no. You're not my friend if we haven't spoken, and if I wanted any random person to see my friends pictures, they'd be public. "

Chat with them a bit first, and ask about the friend request

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

P"

Yes I tend to agree. If you're really interested in someone I'd suggest you message,I'm not sure how many women even look at their winks I know I don't.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

nothing wrong with a wink friend request on the other hand is a no no if you not even spoken.i get any requests of peeps ive not spoken with get deleted straight away

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

P

Yes I tend to agree. If you're really interested in someone I'd suggest you message,I'm not sure how many women even look at their winks I know I don't."

Yeah, I don't. But it's appropriate to wink.

over a year ago

I hate friend requests. Winks are fine. Both are insignificant compared to a nice friendly well thought out little message.

By *onny-2008 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/ Lancaster

"Hi All

Well thank YOU MR PEREFECT

Rant over

Yep. Rude, weird, invasive, arrogant, tone-deaf and completely inappropriate. It is STAGGERING that people are unable to comprehend what constitutes as decent behaviour.

"

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"nothing wrong with a wink friend request on the other hand is a no no if you not even spoken.i get any requests of peeps ive not spoken with get deleted straight away"

Top tip, don't delete the invite, then they can't send another one later on

over a year ago

P"

We reckon you're spot on with that analysis.

By *onny-2008 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/ Lancaster

I do tend to message them as well , its NOT just the friend invite

But its seems I am wrong , so slap on my hand and thank you all for your advise

I can please some people sometimes but not all people all the time LOL xx

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Winks are fine

But I loathe friends requests from people who haven't even had the decency to say hello.

I consider it incredibly rude.

Why would I let someone I don't know, never met, chances are never will, see my 'Friends Only' pics?

The clue is in the album title

over a year ago

"I do tend to message them as well , its NOT just the friend invite

But its seems I am wrong , so slap on my hand and thank you all for your advise

I can please some people sometimes but not all people all the time LOL xx

"

Not understanding etiquette if you're new is excusable.

over a year ago

"Hi All

Well thank YOU MR PEREFECT

Rant over

"

Guessing you mean “perfect”? And you’re welcome MR STANDARD INTERNET MAN

By *odramafunCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire/staffordshire

A wink is fine but maybe a friend request a little forward ... no need to be rude though

over a year ago

If have had multiple negative responses to that approach, why continue doing it ? You want to meet people, so use the best approach

By *onny-2008 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/ Lancaster

[Removed by poster at 01/10/19 12:29:52]

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"If have had multiple negative responses to that approach, why continue doing it ? You want to meet people, so use the best approach "

Einstein's definition of insanity

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

over a year ago

Sending a wink to signify interest is fine, but I'm of the view that a friend invite oversteps the mark if there has not been any messaging going on.

I will only send a friend invite if there has been messages going back and forth and a clear connection has been made

over a year ago

Ah yes. Because swinging = accepting all random friend requests

over a year ago

Ah I must be quite harsh then. Unless i expect one, i bulk delete them. Why would i show more intimate side of me to someone I haven't spoken with?

over a year ago

P"

100% this... you have shot down any opportunity you had to talk to or meet me!

By *oney to the beeWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

People who send unsolicited friends invites are often ignored anyway and pointless people sending rude messages for doing so. Its amusing though seeing a guy complaining about receiving a message though.

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

I think you look yummy , you can wink me Xx

over a year ago

The friend zone

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Ah I must be quite harsh then. Unless i expect one, i bulk delete them. Why would i show more intimate side of me to someone I haven't spoken with? "

For awhile I blocked anyone who sent one. That's harsher.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Hi All

Rant over "

I just delete! Picture collectors really get up my nose

over a year ago

"

For awhile I blocked anyone who sent one. That's harsher. "

Uh oh! Tiny bit!

over a year ago

"I think you look yummy , you can wink me Xx "

Is that a typo?

over a year ago

We ignore friend requests that are without permission or contact previously. If we like the look of someone who’s sent one we may send a message.

over a year ago

"Sending a wink to signify interest is fine, but I'm of the view that a friend invite oversteps the mark if there has not been any messaging going on.

I will only send a friend invite if there has been messages going back and forth and a clear connection has been made"

This is my thought process.

A few times I've gotten edgy if there's friend updates from people we've never spoken to in our updates list. I'll ask B who the fuck they are and what are people I don't know doing there, all dramatic like, like that Nikki bird from Big Brother years ago "who IS she"?

P

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Think about going into a pub and somebody you have never met coming over and sitting next to you and saying "Can I be your friend?" What would you think? That's similar to what you are suggesting. Have you ever had a friend you don't actually know?

There is nothing at all unreasonable or surprising about somebody declining a friend requests from somebody they don't know.

Post new Message to Thread