Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should the UK follow suit?

Jump to newest

By *aravancouple OP   Man
over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

All motorists in France will need to carry a breathalyser kit in their car or face a fine, under new rules that come into effect in July.

But this new legislation doesn’t just affect the French - it applies to all drivers visiting the country for a holiday or even on a day trip.

So Brits travelling to France this summer stand forewarned

The new law is being introduced so that drivers can make sure they are legal when they take to the road.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"All motorists in France will need to carry a breathalyser kit in their car or face a fine, under new rules that come into effect in July.

But this new legislation doesn’t just affect the French - it applies to all drivers visiting the country for a holiday or even on a day trip.

So Brits travelling to France this summer stand forewarned

The new law is being introduced so that drivers can make sure they are legal when they take to the road."

but they dont have to use it just carry it in thier vehicle

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Im not sure how accurate they are but ive bought this little device thats disposable for only a couple of quid. after a night out ive used it for the morning after to see if im safe enough to drive.

over a year ago

"Im not sure how accurate they are but ive bought this little device thats disposable for only a couple of quid. after a night out ive used it for the morning after to see if im safe enough to drive. "

I bought my son some of them when he first passed his test for him to gauge if he was legal the next day.

over a year ago

Given the way French truckers break the law with impunity, and are backed up by the French suthorities half the time, I can see this law being flouted at will too. Apart from the unfortunate Brits who take the unfathomable reason to visit France in the first place, for sure they'll be targetted, and fined, by French gendarmes.

over a year ago

Theres a huge flaw in this.

Follow me here….

People are expected to carry a breathalyser kit to use if they think they are over the limit.

So, they use the kit, to prove that they are not.

They no longer have a useable kit on board (as many of them are one use disposable)

S.

over a year ago

Sorry but its easy if people dont drink and drive they will never need use the kit

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

If you think you might need it - you are most probably going to fail it! Another daft idea dreamt up by the French, just like their push to ban Motorcycles that are over 7 years old from the towns, yes you are thinking correct - it does not include cars over seven years old.

over a year ago

"Theres a huge flaw in this.

Follow me here….

People are expected to carry a breathalyser kit to use if they think they are over the limit.

So, they use the kit, to prove that they are not.

They no longer have a useable kit on board (as many of them are one use disposable)

S. "

If you use the kit then you'll either pass the test or fail. Either way, you don't drive until you're sober AND/OR have purchased a new kit.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Sorry but its easy if people dont drink and drive they will never need use the kit "

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/12 20:11:53]

over a year ago

"Sorry but its easy if people dont drink and drive they will never need use the kit "

I'm glad that you said that. I thought I was missing something as it is such a simple and effective solution. No risk too.

I actually think that the people endorsing these products on this thread maybe need to think a little deeper about their personal responsibility and why they have the desire to push as far as they can a law proven to save lives. Or if that's too much too ask investigate how accurate the devices they are using are.

Drink drivers are selfish scum.

over a year ago

""Sorry but its easy if people dont drink and drive they will never need use the kit "

I'm glad that you said that. I thought I was missing something as it is such a simple and effective solution. No risk too.

I actually think that the people endorsing these products on this thread maybe need to think a little deeper about their personal responsibility and why they have the desire to push as far as they can a law proven to save lives. Or if that's too much too ask investigate how accurate the devices they are using are.

Drink drivers are selfish scum.

"

I wouldn't argue with your last comment, but the rest of what you say is the same old nonsense, in my humble opinion.

Taken to the ultimate conclusion, you're basically saying that if someone drinks, then they should NEVER drive! How stupid!!

The relevant authorities are always telling us to be responsible re drinking and driving, so how more responsible could you be than to want to, and to be able to, accurately check that you're fit to drive??

Makes logical sense to me!!

over a year ago

The French Gendarmes and CRS will do random road blocks anytime, anywhere...

They funnel one in 3 onto a coned slip lane...

You will be breathalised and your documents checked.

This is a daily fact of French driving. On average I was in a queue once a month and tested about once a week...

The human rights issue behind this is that other drivers have the right to be protected, by the law from drink and drug drivers and from uninsured drivers with no current MOT, who do not have the correct residency papers...

Vivre la France mes amis...!!

Post new Message to Thread