By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Do white lies count?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

A lie is always a lie. Whether they are told for good reasons or to spare someone's feelings, it's still a lie x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would say not as they are usually to protect someone or make life easier without making a mountain out of a molehill

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Yup.. prefer the truth to any lie.

over a year ago

Santa, tooth fairies, etc. Nope they don’t

over a year ago

On here I think it's just sensible to sometimes be economical with some truths

over a year ago

"Do white lies count?"

Depends on the context. No one tells the truth 100% of the time.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I listened to a whole programme about the value of lies and why we need them.

I'll see if I can find the thread or the programme.

White lies are lies. They count but the count might be on the plus side.

By *izzymonkeyMan
over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

"Do white lies count?"

Once you start to lie....you inevitably cover the lie with more lies....it's a vicious circle....and you end up getting caught out sooner or later....

over a year ago

"Do white lies count?"

If they're planning a surprise for you or something positive and need to keep things a secret or the surprise will get blown then no. That's not meant in a deceitful manner.

Stuff that will hurt or change your opinion of them and they lie for that reason then yes, they do count and they count greatly

Unless it's to your kids. Lying to your kids about where you're going is fine

P

over a year ago

"Do white lies count?

If they're planning a surprise for you or something positive and need to keep things a secret or the surprise will get blown then no. That's not meant in a deceitful manner.

Stuff that will hurt or change your opinion of them and they lie for that reason then yes, they do count and they count greatly

Unless it's to your kids. Lying to your kids about where you're going is fine

P"

Exactly this

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07k439v

Deceit from an evolutionary perspective.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Do white lies count?"

Totally depends on the reason! Lying to your kid about what that slap slap slapping sound they heard when they got up during the night was, for instance...

Mrs TMN x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There's no Santa. Get used to it !

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"There's no Santa. Get used to it !"

LIAR! Next you'll be saying the Easter Bunny doesn't bring the Easter Eggs.

over a year ago

"Santa, tooth fairies, etc. Nope they don’t "
what are you trying to say?

over a year ago

I try and avoid lies as much as possible, I haven't got a good enough memory to be liar.

A lie will invariably, ultimately, have negative consequences. Sometimes they are used for the best intentions but end up causing someone pain.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Do white lies count?"

For me they are reserved for kids to eat their dinner as I lie about what it is and of course the obvious one, Santa.

For adults you’d give a white lie to cover up a surprise party for example

Any other lie is a no no, you’ll always get caught out so just be honest and up front, even if it’s painful. That’s better than the pain that’s lies can bring

over a year ago

I'm curious...if asked on here for personal information like your real name, where you live, your job, family...are people claiming they always tell the truth?

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I'm curious...if asked on here for personal information like your real name, where you live, your job, family...are people claiming they always tell the truth?"

I wouldn’t give out that information on here. Someone I trust gets bits... no full name, no address, not where I work, etc, that’s basically protecting yourself

over a year ago

What other colour lie options are there?

over a year ago

"I'm curious...if asked on here for personal information like your real name, where you live, your job, family...are people claiming they always tell the truth?

I wouldn’t give out that information on here. Someone I trust gets bits... no full name, no address, not where I work, etc, that’s basically protecting yourself "

over a year ago

"I'm curious...if asked on here for personal information like your real name, where you live, your job, family...are people claiming they always tell the truth?

I wouldn’t give out that information on here. Someone I trust gets bits... no full name, no address, not where I work, etc, that’s basically protecting yourself "

So do you just evade the questions or tell white lies?

By *izzymonkeyMan
over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

Wise words young padawan....

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"What other colour lie options are there?"

I've always like a pale shade of grey

over a year ago

"I'm curious...if asked on here for personal information like your real name, where you live, your job, family...are people claiming they always tell the truth?"

There's a difference between lying and just saying I'm not prepared to provide that information on line.

over a year ago

What do you mean? Do they count as what? As lies? Yes. Do they matter. I think probably not. But is all about context. I think the intent behind the lie is more important than the lie.

over a year ago

There's a difference between lying and just saying I'm not prepared to provide that information on line. "

I think many may tell white lies in answer so as not to be thought evasive

over a year ago

On a mooch

I wouldn’t give out that information on here. Someone I trust gets bits... no full name, no address, not where I work, etc, that’s basically protecting yourself

So do you just evade the questions or tell white lies?"

I don’t evade the question but I don’t lie either.

If I’m asked for my name I only give out an initial or an abbreviation of my first name (if I feel comfortable doing so); address is very generalised location; work is a job title. So not lies but also not telling a stranger who the F**k I am.

If they push for more they get the short shift !

over a year ago

On a mooch

Wise words young padawan.... "

Oh to be young again

over a year ago

If I’m asked for my name I only give out an initial or an abbreviation of my first name (if I feel comfortable doing so); address is very generalised location; work is a job title. So not lies but also not telling a stranger who the F**k I am.

If they push for more they get the short shift ! "

So you don't exactly give them the truth then. Which is absolutely understandable

over a year ago

On a mooch

If they push for more they get the short shift !

So you don't exactly give them the truth then. Which is absolutely understandable "

It is the truth, it’s just abbreviated!

over a year ago

So do you just evade the questions or tell white lies?"

When it comes to protecting myself and my children I do yes. My profile has never even had the correct county on it never mind the village where I live. About 3 people on here know my real name. Everyone else knows me by a different one. Nobody actually knows anything about me at all except 2 people on here who I’d trust with anything and even they don’t know where I live. So I guess my answer is yes in certain circumstances I do lie.

over a year ago

For my safety not my name n choose to tell very little.

Lie.. Most definitely but necessary in my circumstances

Definitely not married. Truth.

Yet if in relationship I expect the truth on both sides..

over a year ago

Even those "telling the truth" on here are liars. I don't understand why they make such a big deal over being truthful. You're on a site that enables people to meet for sex. Not the flipping WI!!

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Even those "telling the truth" on here are liars. I don't understand why they make such a big deal over being truthful. You're on a site that enables people to meet for sex. Not the flipping WI!! "

That’s a very broad statement about people you don’t know !

over a year ago

"Even those "telling the truth" on here are liars. I don't understand why they make such a big deal over being truthful. You're on a site that enables people to meet for sex. Not the flipping WI!!

"

I know right?? It's like I'm the only one that's ever done that.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Even those "telling the truth" on here are liars. I don't understand why they make such a big deal over being truthful. You're on a site that enables people to meet for sex. Not the flipping WI!!

I know right?? It's like I'm the only one that's ever done that. "

No your not and you won’t be the last !

over a year ago

I once told mates I shagged a girl we all liked just to make them jealous and make myself look cool.

Do I regret it ? Not a jot! It totally worked, so I'd say its absolutely fine to tell a white lie mind you I was 14 at the time

over a year ago

"I once told mates I shagged a girl we all liked just to make them jealous and make myself look cool.

Do I regret it ? Not a jot! It totally worked, so I'd say its absolutely fine to tell a white lie mind you I was 14 at the time "

over a year ago

"A lie is always a lie. Whether they are told for good reasons or to spare someone's feelings, it's still a lie x"

This!

By *arry2525Man
over a year ago

lightwater

Lies are a necessary in every day life.

over a year ago

Is 8" on here a lie or stretching the truth ?

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Is 8" on here a lie or stretching the truth ?"

stretching it

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Is 8" on here a lie or stretching the truth ?

stretching it "

That's fab size, like fab age

Post new Message to Thread