Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Redundancy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So seems a bit weird posting this on here but I’ll take all the advice I can!

Anyone been through this process? Won’t be getting anything from my ex employer so only entitled to statutory.

Is it quite easy to claim and does it take long to receive funds?

Thanks in advance!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So seems a bit weird posting this on here but I’ll take all the advice I can!

Anyone been through this process? Won’t be getting anything from my ex employer so only entitled to statutory.

If there is a statutory pay out, then look at the dot gov website.

Is it quite easy to claim and does it take long to receive funds?

Thanks in advance! "

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Where statutory or not .. you should receive it in your last pay packet

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Between us we've been made redundant about ten or eleven times. The redundancy money statutory or not has always come from our employer once the consultation process has been completed. I would advise you to seek advice from CAB or ACAS.

over a year ago

"Where statutory or not .. you should receive it in your last pay packet"

Even if the company is in liquidation?

over a year ago

"Between us we've been made redundant about ten or eleven times. The redundancy money statutory or not has always come from our employer once the consultation process has been completed. I would advise you to seek advice from CAB or ACAS. "

Geez, I hope I never go through this again, incredibly stressful! Thanks x

By *ipseyTwoCouple
over a year ago

Biggleswade

Ask your employer, they should provide you with an outline of money you are owed. Alternatively just google redundancy calculator, the one on the direct.gov website is good

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Where statutory or not .. you should receive it in your last pay packet

Even if the company is in liquidation? "

Then I don't know, you left that bit out of your original post

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Between us we've been made redundant about ten or eleven times. The redundancy money statutory or not has always come from our employer once the consultation process has been completed. I would advise you to seek advice from CAB or ACAS.

Geez, I hope I never go through this again, incredibly stressful! Thanks x"

I think we were particularly unlucky lol. It is stressful you have our sympathy but we're living proof that you can and will bounce back. Good luck

over a year ago

I was made redundant a good few years ago, and received nothing due to a technical thing my then boss probably knew about before he sold the business.

It certainly didn't feel very nice at the time. I hope you receive what you are entitled to receive and you bounce back and find another job.

Miss C

By *unky harryMan
over a year ago

bridgend

Sorry to hear about your job depends on how many years you been with them you normally get one weeks pay for month you have been there its tax free as it is redundancy if you find a job before you get redundant you don't get any payment from your employer say to the last day they have to give you time off if you have any appointments regarding a new job offer good luck ps you can't claim any universal credit because of pay out good luck

over a year ago

"Between us we've been made redundant about ten or eleven times. The redundancy money statutory or not has always come from our employer once the consultation process has been completed. I would advise you to seek advice from CAB or ACAS.

Geez, I hope I never go through this again, incredibly stressful! Thanks x

I think we were particularly unlucky lol. It is stressful you have our sympathy but we're living proof that you can and will bounce back. Good luck "

Thanks very much!

over a year ago

"I was made redundant a good few years ago, and received nothing due to a technical thing my then boss probably knew about before he sold the business.

It certainly didn't feel very nice at the time. I hope you receive what you are entitled to receive and you bounce back and find another job.

Miss C

"

Thanks! Currently doing my CV.... very tedious

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear about your job depends on how many years you been with them you normally get one weeks pay for month you have been there its tax free as it is redundancy if you find a job before you get redundant you don't get any payment from your employer say to the last day they have to give you time off if you have any appointments regarding a new job offer good luck ps you can't claim any universal credit because of pay out good luck "

Lovely thanks for that!

over a year ago

You can do it on line

Post new Message to Thread