Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Verification journey

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Am i just a nosey sod but i do like to click on a person's profile to check their veri's and then check the veris veri's, before i know its 2 hours later and ive gone back 4 years.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Weirdly (proven fact) the 7th person along the veri list is always worth a wank.

over a year ago

"Weirdly (proven fact) the 7th person along the veri list is always worth a wank. "

Ill be right back.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I've just said on another thread that people place too much store in veris sometimes to the point I wonder if a rethink of the system to be more of a tick in a box "yes they turned up and are who they say they are" type thing.

That said they can also be an indication of the type of person beyond the profile text the person is, both from the veris they choose to display and those they leave for others.

I have just heard too many stories of nastiness associated with veris to make me wonder their worth in the current format.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Tell me about it

over a year ago

"I've just said on another thread that people place too much store in veris sometimes to the point I wonder if a rethink of the system to be more of a tick in a box "yes they turned up and are who they say they are" type thing.

That said they can also be an indication of the type of person beyond the profile text the person is, both from the veris they choose to display and those they leave for others.

I have just heard too many stories of nastiness associated with veris to make me wonder their worth in the current format. "

Ill be honest that's a bit deep for close to 10pm, i was more asking am i just a nosey c**t.

By *llez WorldWoman
over a year ago

SE London

"Am i just a nosey sod but i do like to click on a person's profile to check their veri's and then check the veris veri's, before i know its 2 hours later and ive gone back 4 years."

This is so me I am soooo nosey, I end up forgetting who's profile I started on!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think we've all taken the verification journey at times - it's an instinctive thing - the key is how we react to it.

It can also be like playing Six Degrees Of Separation at times

By *llez WorldWoman
over a year ago

SE London

"I think we've all taken the verification journey at times - it's an instinctive thing - the key is how we react to it.

It can also be like playing Six Degrees Of Separation at times "

Yes! So many times I come across someone that I've erm come across before I actually quite enjoy that part of it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Verifications don't affect my interest. If the have a good profile, communicate articulately, have photos, I don't bother if they are verified or not.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I look to get a picture of the person and check for potential risks.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Yes I do this all the time. But remember people only display what they want so you only really get half a story. The problem is as GM said it's what you do with that information. Unfortunately most of time they put me off which isn't a good thing. However like pictures etc they all tell us a little bit about that person. It's a bit like building a puzzle

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Yes I do this all the time. But remember people only display what they want so you only really get half a story. The problem is as GM said it's what you do with that information. Unfortunately most of time they put me off which isn't a good thing. However like pictures etc they all tell us a little bit about that person. It's a bit like building a puzzle "

Only sometimes you see more than they want you too .... or more than they think you can!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Won't take you long with mine

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

If you've read one veri you've read them all, sucks like a Dyson, don't let this one pass you by, treat her with respect ....blah blah.....

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Tell me about it "

I've got one that says "not as funny in person".

It's one of my favourites.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Tell me about it

I've got one that says "not as funny in person".

It's one of my favourites. "

Post new Message to Thread