Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When Someone Shows You...

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

... who they are, believe them the first time.

Dr Maya Angelou

We've all met people who sway us with their words and promises but whose behaviour tells us the opposite. Why do we ignore behaviour in favour of the words and promises?

No names, please, but do share your examples.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think people who feel continually duped/let down/fucked over by others on here would do well to read and think about this.

Sorry, I have no story to share except judging people on behaviour rather than being swayed by their words is my way of making sure I'm gonna be okay

over a year ago

Yesterday I was telling a couple about being the one who had to take one for the team and being his fluffer. His words were about putting my enjoyment first but his actions were always selfish, especially when there were others present.

Someone else who introduced to me talked about what he wanted and expected but his behaviour was always about being generous to me, sexually and keeping in contact.

over a year ago

"I think people who feel continually duped/let down/fucked over by others on here would do well to read and think about this.

Sorry, I have no story to share except judging people on behaviour rather than being swayed by their words is my way of making sure I'm gonna be okay "

It's a quote that has been with me for a few years. It took an experience on here for me to finally understand it's meaning.

over a year ago

"I think people who feel continually duped/let down/fucked over by others on here would do well to read and think about this.

Sorry, I have no story to share except judging people on behaviour rather than being swayed by their words is my way of making sure I'm gonna be okay

It's a quote that has been with me for a few years. It took an experience on here for me to finally understand it's meaning.

"

It's a quote I'm going to remember...thanks

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I think it’s one of those parts of human nature that’s so hard to balance out.

When you like, respect or care about somebody you want to see the best in them and you believe they won’t hurt you based on your own feelings.

It’s hard to admit that some people should not be a priority, or sometimes in your life at all because their behaviour is damaging. That’s a hard decision to make when you’re still focusing on the positives that will be lost. There’s a reason so many people stay in horrible relationships and destructive friendships. It’s a really hard one to work out whilst you’re living it.

over a year ago

I only have negative examples. Promises made and broken.

over a year ago

"I think it’s one of those parts of human nature that’s so hard to balance out.

When you like, respect or care about somebody you want to see the best in them and you believe they won’t hurt you based on your own feelings.

It’s hard to admit that some people should not be a priority, or sometimes in your life at all because their behaviour is damaging. That’s a hard decision to make when you’re still focusing on the positives that will be lost. There’s a reason so many people stay in horrible relationships and destructive friendships. It’s a really hard one to work out whilst you’re living it. "

It really is. It means we have to accept our judgement was flawed and we feel foolish.

There is another great Dr Angelou quote we should all remember:

Never make someone a priority when you are just an option.

over a year ago

"I only have negative examples. Promises made and broken. "

It's easier to remember the negative examples.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

It’s hard to admit that some people should not be a priority, or sometimes in your life at all because their behaviour is damaging. That’s a hard decision to make when you’re still focusing on the positives that will be lost. There’s a reason so many people stay in horrible relationships and destructive friendships. It’s a really hard one to work out whilst you’re living it.

It really is. It means we have to accept our judgement was flawed and we feel foolish.

"

That’s one of my favourites.. sometimes we have to feel ridiculous in order to learn. Self preservation is sometimes perceived as selfish.. but it’s vital for us all to make sure we are ok.

over a year ago

"

That’s one of my favourites.. sometimes we have to feel ridiculous in order to learn. Self preservation is sometimes perceived as selfish.. but it’s vital for us all to make sure we are ok. "

Logically, self-care is caring for others as you are not seeking a care-giver for your relationships.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"

This was my mistake. I remember the day a very good friend sent me this quote. My eyes were opened. I started to live my life for me. And I’m so glad I did xx

J x

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

‘Actions speak louder than words’. If what someone is saying is at odd with what they actually do then that tells you everything you need to know.

over a year ago

This was my mistake. I remember the day a very good friend sent me this quote. My eyes were opened. I started to live my life for me. And I’m so glad I did xx

J x"

I think many of us are raised to try and please others. It gets hardwired into us and it is hard work to unlearn that belief and behaviour.

over a year ago

"‘Actions speak louder than words’. If what someone is saying is at odd with what they actually do then that tells you everything you need to know. "

It doesn't stop us explaining away those actions at times.

over a year ago

"

"

Never a truer word spoken

over a year ago

"

Never a truer word spoken"

I apply this one on here.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"‘Actions speak louder than words’. If what someone is saying is at odd with what they actually do then that tells you everything you need to know.

It doesn't stop us explaining away those actions at times.

"

We’re human, if we want to see only the good then we will.

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

"

So very true

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

"

Never heard that quote before.

A good one to carry though.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I know I do because I try and see the good in people.

I know in the past I've had niggles about particular behavioural traits - self centred, no actual/genuine interest in myself etc because I try and think, well when they are nice, they are really nice and say lovely thingd, even if their actions are a bit twuntish. It's almost like I try and justify it because I hate conflict and would rather put up with crap and believe that deep down people are good.

And promises and flattery are, well flattering. It's far easier to believe that. I try and give more weight to actions now rather than what someone says they will do.

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Everything Maya says is golden. So many ace quotes!

over a year ago

"

Absolutely agree with this, and I've been on both sides of that equation myself. Always two sides I guess and I don't think anyone seeking true love on a site like fab can be surprised to find out they're an option, and I think options are fine too if that's what a person wants

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Hmmmm there are those that hear what they want to hear as opposed to what is actually being said. They need to have their bullshit detector turned up to maximum and listen to the alarm bells

over a year ago

"I know I do because I try and see the good in people.

I know in the past I've had niggles about particular behavioural traits - self centred, no actual/genuine interest in myself etc because I try and think, well when they are nice, they are really nice and say lovely thingd, even if their actions are a bit twuntish. It's almost like I try and justify it because I hate conflict and would rather put up with crap and believe that deep down people are good.

And promises and flattery are, well flattering. It's far easier to believe that. I try and give more weight to actions now rather than what someone says they will do. "

I'm delighted to read you are there a good twenty odd years before I managed to let go.

over a year ago

"Hmmmm there are those that hear what they want to hear as opposed to what is actually being said. They need to have their bullshit detector turned up to maximum and listen to the alarm bells "

this too!

over a year ago

Absolutely agree with this, and I've been on both sides of that equation myself. Always two sides I guess and I don't think anyone seeking true love on a site like fab can be surprised to find out they're an option, and I think options are fine too if that's what a person wants "

It's not just true love. There are so many stories of people double and triple booking and then picking one at the last moment.

over a year ago

"Hmmmm there are those that hear what they want to hear as opposed to what is actually being said. They need to have their bullshit detector turned up to maximum and listen to the alarm bells "

I've adjusted my hearing aids.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I don't think anyone seeking true love on a site like fab can be surprised to find out they're an option, and I think options are fine too if that's what a person wants "

On a site like fab?

People can be surprised and disappointed in how crappy someone behaves when it comes to matters of the heart, regardless of the site.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

It is good to be able to see the best in someone but actions do speak louder than words. If we are invested some how in that person we want to believe...sometimes sadly we have to accept them for whom they really are

over a year ago

Absolutely agree with this, and I've been on both sides of that equation myself. Always two sides I guess and I don't think anyone seeking true love on a site like fab can be surprised to find out they're an option, and I think options are fine too if that's what a person wants

It's not just true love. There are so many stories of people double and triple booking and then picking one at the last moment.

"

That's a shit feeling, and yes I've chatted yo girls and suddenly they've found a better option, but that's life I guess, I can't really expect them to want to fuck me if they connect with someone else better.....?

over a year ago

I can't get invested until I've had a good look at someone's behaviour

over a year ago

"I don't think anyone seeking true love on a site like fab can be surprised to find out they're an option, and I think options are fine too if that's what a person wants

On a site like fab?

People can be surprised and disappointed in how crappy someone behaves when it comes to matters of the heart, regardless of the site."

True, I've just seen more here than any other site I've used or the "regular world", just my personal experience....

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I really don't know why people believe people's words over their actions.

I have a cousin who resurfaced after years and suddenly became very friendly with my parents. She kept telling them how hard up she was, how badly she had been treated by all and sundry and how she was struggling to find somewhere to live. (hmm wonder why?). I pointed out to my mum and dad that someone as hard up as she claimed to be wouldn't be able to afford monthly stays in hotels, a cruise once a year, a trip to the far east once a year , monthly manicures and beauty treatments.

Oddly now that my parents aren't as sympathetic as they once were she hasn't been able to visit as frequently...

over a year ago

Last summer I met a man who seemed to be everything I wanted . He led me to believe he was this amazing person who had lived and overcome some difficulties. He told me so many things. We spent time together , we went away together. Like a whirlwind. I fell in love hard and fast . Even early on I made excuses for things I shouldn't have. Turns out he had lied to me about almost everything, he hid things and made me question if his issues were because I wasn't good enough. Despite discovering all of that I've been sucked in by his words many times since. Even though I know the pattern of behaviour, I've allowed him to keep hurting me . I've now decided no more. I hope I'm strong enough to stick to it this time.

over a year ago

I've learnt the hard way, I never trust my logic which tells me that what they show first is the real them. I go with my heart, I guess, because I want to be happy, so logic goes out the window. I had a horrible experience through here with someone that always made me feel like I wasn't enough. I wasn't good enough. Or sexy enough. Or pretty enough. It killed my confidence and it took me a long time to recover and to get back, but I always follow my gut now.

First impressions is all they get now. It's hardened me as a person which makes me sad really. But needs must.

Made me feel really sad remembering that

over a year ago

"I've learnt the hard way, I never trust my logic which tells me that what they show first is the real them. I go with my heart, I guess, because I want to be happy, so logic goes out the window. I had a horrible experience through here with someone that always made me feel like I wasn't enough. I wasn't good enough. Or sexy enough. Or pretty enough. It killed my confidence and it took me a long time to recover and to get back, but I always follow my gut now.

First impressions is all they get now. It's hardened me as a person which makes me sad really. But needs must.

Made me feel really sad remembering that "

By *teve1313Man
over a year ago

basingstoke

I would give it a nice slow blowjob no probz

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I've learnt the hard way, I never trust my logic which tells me that what they show first is the real them. I go with my heart, I guess, because I want to be happy, so logic goes out the window. I had a horrible experience through here with someone that always made me feel like I wasn't enough. I wasn't good enough. Or sexy enough. Or pretty enough. It killed my confidence and it took me a long time to recover and to get back, but I always follow my gut now.

That is really sad and as much as much as we shouldn't have to change ourselves because of the way other people act we do..lessons learnt. it sounds like you are back to being you only now stronger xx

By *aughtyNipplesWoman
over a year ago

newport, shrops

Not just on fab....in fact other sites (dating ones) are waaaaaaay worse....being told many things and flattered then the spoken interest doesn't match up to the actions... It causes me to be incredibly guarded as I can fall hard and fast for someone...

On here tho, I'm sick of hearing 'I'd like a fwb/something regular' where as all they want is a shag!!!

...FFS say that and get on with life, why build up something which is clearly not an option!!!!!!

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Actions speak a thousand words.

But words can mean nothing.

Jo.Xx

over a year ago

"Actions speak a thousand words.

But words can mean nothing.

Jo.Xx "

This is so so true

over a year ago

And there are those of us who are aware men often state what they think we want to hear. How tiring that is.

over a year ago

yep i need to go with my gut,most meets on here i can brush of but 1 suppose to be fwb has really got under my skin and has now ghosted,makes me feel miserable and sad that i had faith in them

really good thread

over a year ago

"

So very true "

Agreed

over a year ago

This is resonating with me right now, great quote.

"

over a year ago

I could have written this.

I now distrust heavily, I dont think I can bring myself to put myself "out there" any more, effectively I am shut down to ever allowing love to enter my life again. I think I must be flawed.

over a year ago

Made me feel really sad remembering that

I could have written this.

I now distrust heavily, I dont think I can bring myself to put myself "out there" any more, effectively I am shut down to ever allowing love to enter my life again. I think I must be flawed."

It took nine years to let someone new into my life. I knew I was an option, but just not how far down the list I was.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s hard to admit that some people should not be a priority, or sometimes in your life at all because their behaviour is damaging. That’s a hard decision to make when you’re still focusing on the positives that will be lost. There’s a reason so many people stay in horrible relationships and destructive friendships. It’s a really hard one to work out whilst you’re living it. "

“ why make some one a priority in your life, when you are just an option in theirs”

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

“ why make some one a priority in your life, when you are just an option in theirs” "

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Last summer I met a man who seemed to be everything I wanted . He led me to believe he was this amazing person who had lived and overcome some difficulties. He told me so many things. We spent time together , we went away together. Like a whirlwind. I fell in love hard and fast . Even early on I made excuses for things I shouldn't have. Turns out he had lied to me about almost everything, he hid things and made me question if his issues were because I wasn't good enough. Despite discovering all of that I've been sucked in by his words many times since. Even though I know the pattern of behaviour, I've allowed him to keep hurting me . I've now decided no more. I hope I'm strong enough to stick to it this time. "

Gas lighting? Mental abuse?

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

But we're all 'just options' aren't we?

Jo.Xx

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"But we're all 'just options' aren't we?

Jo.Xx "

yes we are really!! Xx

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s not difficult to become sucked into ‘ fake personas’ here. I was party to this discussion yesterday. We all like to see the best in people even when we know dam well ‘ what you see is not what you get’ ...

I’m exactly what it says on the tin and often to trusting of other people. Doesn’t earn them any favours when you find out they are not quite what you were lead to believe!

Honesty is the best policy ... it all comes out in the wash!!

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

My mum often said 'not everyone has the same heart as you'

She was so right! Xx

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Take everything with a punch of salt.... you’ll have people talking all night to you and then boom silence.

Never get caught up in it, see it as fun and just words. Keep any meet light hearted and emotions sealed.

It’s called protecting yourself

over a year ago

"Take everything with a punch of salt.... you’ll have people talking all night to you and then boom silence.

Never get caught up in it, see it as fun and just words. Keep any meet light hearted and emotions sealed.

It’s called protecting yourself "

except the punching

over a year ago

Jo.Xx "

We are, and we exercise options too. It is about how you treat people. Basic respect and good manners *should* mean that no one is deliberately damaged.

In a Fab meeting context, I don't care if someone wants to meet someone other than me except when they have arranged to meet me but continue to look for a better option for the same meeting time. That's just rude.

over a year ago

"It’s not difficult to become sucked into ‘ fake personas’ here. I was party to this discussion yesterday. We all like to see the best in people even when we know dam well ‘ what you see is not what you get’ ...

I’m exactly what it says on the tin and often to trusting of other people. Doesn’t earn them any favours when you find out they are not quite what you were lead to believe!

Honesty is the best policy ... it all comes out in the wash!! "

I'm sorry I missed that conversation.

over a year ago

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Take everything with a punch of salt.... you’ll have people talking all night to you and then boom silence.

except the punching "

In some cases a punch instead of a pinch is needed !

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Jo.Xx

We are, and we exercise options too. It is about how you treat people. Basic respect and good manners *should* mean that no one is deliberately damaged.

In a Fab meeting context, I don't care if someone wants to meet someone other than me except when they have arranged to meet me but continue to look for a better option for the same meeting time. That's just rude.

"

Oh yes I hear that!

Or lead you to believe they want to meet you then 'choose' someone else.

Then after that meet they come back to you because that's the nature of the site. Next!!

I believe this is why I 'chose' D 25 years ago and remained loyal to him because I trusted and believed that I was his 'choice'.

He was a player and he stopped doing that because he chose me.

I never liked feeling like second best. D has always put me first.

It's only since joining here I'm starting to feel like 'just another fuck'. Not by D obviously!

I guess you have to be of a certain mind frame to play the swinging game.

Jo.Xx (it's abit deep)

over a year ago

Jo.Xx

Oh yes I hear that!

Or lead you to believe they want to meet you then 'choose' someone else.

Then after that meet they come back to you because that's the nature of the site. Next!!

I believe this is why I 'chose' D 25 years ago and remained loyal to him because I trusted and believed that I was his 'choice'.

He was a player and he stopped doing that because he chose me.

I never liked feeling like second best. D has always put me first.

It's only since joining here I'm starting to feel like 'just another fuck'. Not by D obviously!

I guess you have to be of a certain mind frame to play the swinging game.

Jo.Xx (it's abit deep)

"

It's a deep subject.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Words are actions too. When those words dont match the reality of any experience, not just on fab or sex, then they have no value.

Yet so often what is said and what is meant often fail to match up. Consistency in words and actions are the real proof of all things, yet do often they take time to be proven. Yet on fab, and not just on fab, the concept of "next" often diminishes those words to valueless cliches that may have meaning until the next s_iney "new" "better" or just alternative experience is pursued each time leaving a question in the lives of those who believe the words they hear, and a sense of wondering just what is the point of all those words and actions that never quite match the reality we live.

over a year ago

Thank you for posting, folks.

I haven't got a fully formed, easy to articulate, thought on some of the posts yet.

The messy thoughts are:

* I don't like the idea of people having to fundamentally change to protect themselves.

* We have to have trust and open hearts to make connections.

* We need to learn self-care much earlier.

* We need to trust what we see and experience as our truth of a situation.

* It's not our fault if people behave badly but it is on us if we continue to choose to allow it.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"It’s not difficult to become sucked into ‘ fake personas’ here. I was party to this discussion yesterday. We all like to see the best in people even when we know dam well ‘ what you see is not what you get’ ...

"

You were busy making plans

over a year ago

"Words are actions too. When those words dont match the reality of any experience, not just on fab or sex, then they have no value.

Yet so often what is said and what is meant often fail to match up. Consistency in words and actions are the real proof of all things, yet do often they take time to be proven. Yet on fab, and not just on fab, the concept of "next" often diminishes those words to valueless cliches that may have meaning until the next s_iney "new" "better" or just alternative experience is pursued each time leaving a question in the lives of those who believe the words they hear, and a sense of wondering just what is the point of all those words and actions that never quite match the reality we live."

I had dinner with someone last night and he wanted a burger but kept searching the menu for something else, something better. Sometimes we just want a burger and discontent comes with seeking and choosing the *better* that doesn't hit the spot because it just can't be a burger.

over a year ago

You were busy making plans "

I fancied a cocktail. I had two.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Words are actions too. When those words dont match the reality of any experience, not just on fab or sex, then they have no value.

Yet so often what is said and what is meant often fail to match up. Consistency in words and actions are the real proof of all things, yet do often they take time to be proven. Yet on fab, and not just on fab, the concept of "next" often diminishes those words to valueless cliches that may have meaning until the next s_iney "new" "better" or just alternative experience is pursued each time leaving a question in the lives of those who believe the words they hear, and a sense of wondering just what is the point of all those words and actions that never quite match the reality we live."

Oh that’s a really good analogy of my yesterday’s discussion!

By * Star FilthMan
over a year ago

staplehurst

Yet so often what is said and what is meant often fail to match up. Consistency in words and actions are the real proof of all things, yet do often they take time to be proven. Yet on fab, and not just on fab, the concept of "next" often diminishes those words to valueless cliches that may have meaning until the next s_iney "new" "better" or just alternative experience is pursued each time leaving a question in the lives of those who believe the words they hear, and a sense of wondering just what is the point of all those words and actions that never quite match the reality we live.

I had dinner with someone last night and he wanted a burger but kept searching the menu for something else, something better. Sometimes we just want a burger and discontent comes with seeking and choosing the *better* that doesn't hit the spot because it just can't be a burger.

"

over a year ago

except the punching

In some cases a punch instead of a pinch is needed !"

Finger nails gripping into my back is about as far as I'll go with the pain.....

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Behaviour is our clear honest voice, as long as nothing is being done for display. We're free when we take quick decisions as soon as we observe behaviour that's not in our interest.

over a year ago

"Behaviour is our clear honest voice, as long as nothing is being done for display. We're free when we take quick decisions as soon as we observe behaviour that's not in our interest. "

Indeed, yet behaviours shall be observer when the individual doesn't know he/she is observed. Otherwise, the individual might portray himself/herself in a way that is favorable to him/her.

I am a firm believer of Goffman's theory of the presentation of the self and believe that it is very difficult to really know someone. People have always several facets of themselves that they decide to present depending on the social context they find themselves in.

over a year ago

"Behaviour is our clear honest voice, as long as nothing is being done for display. We're free when we take quick decisions as soon as we observe behaviour that's not in our interest.

Indeed, yet behaviours shall be observer when the individual doesn't know he/she is observed. Otherwise, the individual might portray himself/herself in a way that is favorable to him/her.

I am a firm believer of Goffman's theory of the presentation of the self and believe that it is very difficult to really know someone. People have always several facets of themselves that they decide to present depending on the social context they find themselves in. "

Isn't that normal though? Wanting to fit in? Not necessarily a bad reason.

over a year ago

"Thank you for posting, folks.

I haven't got a fully formed, easy to articulate, thought on some of the posts yet.

The messy thoughts are:

* I don't like the idea of people having to fundamentally change to protect themselves.

* It's not our fault if people behave badly but it is on us if we continue to choose to allow it.

"

Can we teach people self care? So that they can protect themselves if they (don't) realise they are in a bad situation?

over a year ago

Actions speak louder than words.

over a year ago

We’re all on the stage as soon as we leave the front door or meet another person

Although you’d probably be bored watching my show today

over a year ago

I'm flawed. I'm human.

My life and life on Fab is littered with broken promises, expectations I couln't ever live up to and aspieations that, in the cold light of day,.I could never fulfill.

How I believe I come across to people in real life is generally a good guy, helpful, honest in my dealings and fairly transparent. A little dull at times but enjoys a good party and will do whatever I can for others.

No idea how I come across on fab.

Whilst I try to be a decent human being, I will eventually self destruct and do something to completely trash a friendship. Whether it is ghosting someone (she knows who she is), get too intense then back off with indecent haste (and she knows who she is), or make a complete twat of myself eventually.

I'm predictable, consistent and I hate to say it, inexcusable.

I'm an example of a bad un.

Ultimately I am here for sexual gratification. When I findd something good, a part of me decides I don't deserve it so I set about to ensure that I am denied what I desire. Therapy got to the bottom of it, but yet I make the same mistakes.

Some forumites who have known me for a very long long time will recall my meltdown 5 years ago... It wasn't pretty.

I guess I'm better suited to one off's but I really don't enjoy the experience. My psyche prevents me from developing long term atttachments.

So, what am I trying to say?

Despite my best efforts, I will ultimately let people down. I am human, I am flawed. I'm not neccesarily a bad person, I just end up doing bad things.

over a year ago

"I'm flawed. I'm human.

My life and life on Fab is littered with broken promises, expectations I couln't ever live up to and aspieations that, in the cold light of day,.I could never fulfill.

How I believe I come across to people in real life is generally a good guy, helpful, honest in my dealings and fairly transparent. A little dull at times but enjoys a good party and will do whatever I can for others.

Whilst I try to be a decent human being, I will eventually self destruct and do something to completely trash a friendship. Whether it is ghosting someone (she knows who she is), get too intense then back off with indecent haste (and she knows who she is), or make a complete twat of myself eventually.

Ultimately I am here for sexual gratification. When I findd something good, a part of me decides I don't deserve it so I set about to ensure that I am denied what I desire. Therapy got to the bottom of it, but yet I make the same mistakes.

Some forumites who have known me for a very long long time will recall my meltdown 5 years ago... It wasn't pretty.

I guess I'm better suited to one off's but I really don't enjoy the experience. My psyche prevents me from developing long term atttachments.

Despite my best efforts, I will ultimately let people down. I am human, I am flawed. I'm not neccesarily a bad person, I just end up doing bad things.

"

So change it

You don't have to treat people badly

over a year ago

"I'm flawed. I'm human.

"

I completely relate to that, except for the one-offs, I’m better suited for on-going. But otherwise this is pretty much me too.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Thank you for posting, folks.

The messy thoughts are:

"

I love this

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I feel a little with this thread that several points made were as the result of ongoing conversations in another situation. However, I agree very much with what others have posted; 'never make someone a priority if to them you're an option'. Living those words is a much harder task than it seems though.

As many people who know me know, I have a interest and love of the human condition and peoples motivation. Much as its 'easy' for me to spot certain behaviours regarding others, it's certainly less so with myself when my own emotional conflicts and triggers are in play. Just as it is with others.

Kicking ourselves in hindsight is an easy game to play, learning how to protect yourself without becoming hard in the process is the real aim, I think.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I'm flawed. I'm human.

So change it

You don't have to treat people badly "

Agreed, knowing that you behave badly isn't an excuse.

over a year ago

"I'm flawed. I'm human.

"

You've written this for my partner, I swear

over a year ago

A friend said to me recently, the world would be so much nicer if people just didn't act like twunts.

I'd like them to run for PM

over a year ago

"I'm flawed. I'm human.

"

It's good that you can recognise yourself but I question your last sentence. We have free will to make a choice about how we treat others.

Doing something bad that inadvertently hurts someone is one thing. Doing something bad that you know will hurt someone and passing it off as "that's just who I am" is a choice.

over a year ago

"I'm flawed. I'm human.

It's good that you can recognise yourself but I question your last sentence. We have free will to make a choice about how we treat others.

Doing something bad that inadvertently hurts someone is one thing. Doing something bad that you know will hurt someone and passing it off as "that's just who I am" is a choice.

"

To elaborate...

I see patterns in my behaviour which with hindsight may be seen as ghosting.

I can get full on and enthusiastic, then life gets in the way, i drift off, I come back.

I have some friends on here (and in real life) who are happy with that.

I do not start chatting with someone knowing full well I'll just fuck and then blank them. But I've been accused of ghosting.

Putting things in context, there are a very small handful of women on fab who chat and may be intimate with me. I let very few in because I believe I will let them down.

My platonic friends on here know I tie myself up in knots.

Although I now feel I shouldn't be on fab if I "can't sort my shit out" and be a better person.

I was being open and honest about how Ifelt.

over a year ago

"I'm flawed. I'm human.

To elaborate...

I see patterns in my behaviour which with hindsight may be seen as ghosting.

I can get full on and enthusiastic, then life gets in the way, i drift off, I come back.

I have some friends on here (and in real life) who are happy with that.

I do not start chatting with someone knowing full well I'll just fuck and then blank them. But I've been accused of ghosting.

Putting things in context, there are a very small handful of women on fab who chat and may be intimate with me. I let very few in because I believe I will let them down.

My platonic friends on here know I tie myself up in knots.

Although I now feel I shouldn't be on fab if I "can't sort my shit out" and be a better person.

I was being open and honest about how Ifelt. "

I commend that honesty. I simply offer a challenge that there must be a way not to hurt people. However, I can see you hurt yourself.

Hurt people hurt people.

Post new Message to Thread