Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Longer or shorter?

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Would you use an option to prevent very short first messages? If you could restrict messages to your own selected average word size, say 20 or 30, whatever you wanted to fix your limit at, what would you choose? I put an idea in site feedback for this concept but there's limited feedback.

Ok, you could set a limit, with someone filling up the space with 'fuck now babez xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' etc but someone prompted to write a bit more probably would. You'd probably always ignore dickheads, whatever the length and if rarely getting messages,, happy to get anything.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You could but you could also block everyone and just be the one sending out messages instead.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't think it would work because people would just fill up the characters with crap. Length of message doesn't mean intelligence anyway.

Potentially a more useful function would be the ability to rule out certain words, like suck, cock, rim, bareback etc. As a halfway house messages that break your filters could show up in red rather than the usual yellow.

over a year ago

"I don't think it would work because people would just fill up the characters with crap. Length of message doesn't mean intelligence anyway.

Potentially a more useful function would be the ability to rule out certain words, like suck, cock, rim, bareback etc. As a halfway house messages that break your filters could show up in red rather than the usual yellow. "

No but "how r u" messages giver a bloody good indication to the lack of it.

over a year ago

I like the idea but the reality is, "fuck now" messages make it really easy to decide who I'm not compatible with.

It would be interesting to see what the cavemen come up with though. Probably "fuck now xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" like you say!

By *hechapMan
over a year ago

Derry

There is nothing wrong with a short first message to make contact and get the ball rolling.

What is the point in wasting time writing a long message and then the person just deletes it anyway and dosent even have the manners to send a reply.

Do some people get a buzz from demanding a long message knowing that they will still just delete it????

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Short messages are fine, I'll look at the profile and if that interests me then I'll strike up a conversation. But if your profile's crap, a good message could get my attention, a short one won't.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

If the profile has a cock picture the length of the message isn't relevant to me as I just delete it the same with blank avatar profiles.

over a year ago

"There is nothing wrong with a short first message to make contact and get the ball rolling.

What is the point in wasting time writing a long message and then the person just deletes it anyway and dosent even have the manners to send a reply.

Do some people get a buzz from demanding a long message knowing that they will still just delete it????

"

Oh yes. The longer the message the bigger the ego buzz when they hit delete.

By *hechapMan
over a year ago

Derry

"There is nothing wrong with a short first message to make contact and get the ball rolling.

Oh yes. The longer the message the bigger the ego buzz when they hit delete. "

Can you send me a long message so i can try it out?

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

I cam, understand the idea for spme but o personally wouldn't use it. You can tell alot about peoples first messages.

If they can't make an effort typing why would they make an effort elsewhere?

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"

People I'd guess who currently ask for longer messages - it's their preference - presumably do it so that it gives men an opportunity to get to know each other better than a very short message. People don't like the chore of message deletion but it's in everyone's interest if we all find more of the good matches that exist here.

Post new Message to Thread