Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Alan Carr as Wolverine

over a year ago

Reacher

Tom Cruise is too small to play the part. I'd have cast an aged looking late 20's early 30's wrestler say, someone who could do the physical stuff well, look tough and Reacher isn't a big talker anyway if he can help it so the acting wouldn't be as tough as some roles. Plus there are loads of books so plenty of opportunities for many more movies over time, time is something Tom doesn't have a lot of left I think when it comes to action films.

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

sinbad from brookside could play batman

By *il FiskMan
over a year ago

sefton

"Reacher

Tom Cruise is too small to play the part. I'd have cast an aged looking late 20's early 30's wrestler say, someone who could do the physical stuff well, look tough and Reacher isn't a big talker anyway if he can help it so the acting wouldn't be as tough as some roles. Plus there are loads of books so plenty of opportunities for many more movies over time, time is something Tom doesn't have a lot of left I think when it comes to action films."

Definately, just another vehicle for Cruise! Should have been Joel Kinnaman, altered carbon/suicide squad

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The Horse Whisperer..

should have gone with Brian Blessed

over a year ago

"Reacher

Tom Cruise is too small to play the part. I'd have cast an aged looking late 20's early 30's wrestler say, someone who could do the physical stuff well, look tough and Reacher isn't a big talker anyway if he can help it so the acting wouldn't be as tough as some roles. Plus there are loads of books so plenty of opportunities for many more movies over time, time is something Tom doesn't have a lot of left I think when it comes to action films.

Definately, just another vehicle for Cruise! Should have been Joel Kinnaman, altered carbon/suicide squad"

Great shout

By *hromosexualsCouple
over a year ago

Near Abercynon

"Reacher

Tom Cruise is too small to play the part. I'd have cast an aged looking late 20's early 30's wrestler say."

Agree with this. Dolf Lundgren would have been ideal I think, maybe a bit old, but in every book a lot is made that he’s 6’4” and 250lbs so Cruise was a poor choice for anyone who is a fan of the books

over a year ago

Star Wars.....

Darth Vader....

Joe Pasquale

over a year ago

"The Horse Whisperer..

should have gone with Brian Blessed"

over a year ago

"Reacher

Tom Cruise is too small to play the part. I'd have cast an aged looking late 20's early 30's wrestler say.

Agree with this. Dolf Lundgren would have been ideal I think, maybe a bit old, but in every book a lot is made that he’s 6’4” and 250lbs so Cruise was a poor choice for anyone who is a fan of the books "

Definitely. "Hands like supermarket chickens", Tom Cruise would fit in your hand lol

over a year ago

"Star Wars.....

Darth Vader....

Joe Pasquale "

I don't think you're far off there because didn't the actor playing Darth Vader have too high or too accented a voice!

By *attooedTigerMan
over a year ago

SE London

"Star Wars.....

Darth Vader....

Joe Pasquale .

I don't think you're far off there because didn't the actor playing Darth Vader have too high or too accented a voice!"

Dave Prowse played Darth Vader and was from Bristol, so think Darth Vader could’ve originally sounded like one of the Wurzles

over a year ago

Barbarella;

Gillian Anderson

over a year ago

"Reacher

Tom Cruise is too small to play the part. I'd have cast an aged looking late 20's early 30's wrestler say, someone who could do the physical stuff well, look tough and Reacher isn't a big talker anyway if he can help it so the acting wouldn't be as tough as some roles. Plus there are loads of books so plenty of opportunities for many more movies over time, time is something Tom doesn't have a lot of left I think when it comes to action films."

You might not have heard of him, but Alan Ritchson is pretty much a perfect choice for Reacher. I don't know if he's as tall as how the character is described in the books, but he has the general look and build of him.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Any film with Ryan Gosling.

I can't stand him - he's completely flat.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Any film with Ryan Gosling.

I can't stand him - he's completely flat. "

I concur good sir!

In fact, had the casting agents’ put a broom handle as the lead in the utterly interminable La La Land, the film just might have been semi watchable.

Alas....Ryan Gosling it was instead.

......and the film was shit

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Jack Reacher...I read every single book up intill I heard whi they chose..Jack Reacher in the books is 6ft plus, well built, and blond..sk they chose Tom bastard Cruise...i cant even watch it. Or brought another of the since...Daniel Craig..my choice.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Reacher

Didnt see this till I commented...Lee child kept saying he perfect for the role...i csnt even begin...

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Reacher

Tom Cruise is too small to play the part. I'd have cast an aged looking late 20's early 30's wrestler say.

Agree with this. Dolf Lundgren would have been ideal I think, maybe a bit old, but in every book a lot is made that he’s 6’4” and 250lbs so Cruise was a poor choice for anyone who is a fan of the books "

I thi k the books went down hill a bit too when he stared knocking out more than one a year...book that is lol

By *ikerswingCouple
over a year ago

mcr

anything with dicaprio in it

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Any thing with Tom cruise in it

over a year ago

"Any thing with Tom cruise in it"

over a year ago

"Silence of the Lambs:

I never found Anthony Hopkins too scary,

I would have cast Javier Bardem."

Oscar winning Hopkins ???

over a year ago

Morgan Freeman as a little ginger fella in Shawshank? What happened there??

over a year ago

"Silence of the Lambs:

I would have cast Javier Bardem.

Oscar winning Hopkins ???"

Where did I say he couldn't act..I said to ME he didnt seem too scary...he has too soft/ nice a face...he might have made a great Dr.who. for example with his freindly yet wordly wise face !

over a year ago

Jaws.

.The lead should have been the Loch Ness eel.

over a year ago

"The Horse Whisperer..

should have gone with Brian Blessed"

Is Brian blessed still clinging on to that little bit of fame by shout 'Gordon's alive' on every show he's had the fortune to be on

over a year ago

Arnie for Joe Pasqualè in Terminator.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

I have Jude Law play Armie Hammer's character in The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

By *eavensScentCouple
over a year ago

Southend

Jane in pride and prejudice... can’t get enough of that sexy red head Mr Bingley... and such a gentleman

over a year ago

Any James Bond with Daniel Craig.....xx

Clive Owen

By *attooedTigerMan
over a year ago

SE London

"The Horse Whisperer..

Is Brian blessed still clinging on to that little bit of fame by shout 'Gordon's alive' on every show he's had the fortune to be on"

You can’t knock Blessed, the mans a legend!

How you see him on TV is exactly how he is, he had a meeting at our office and it’s quite ‘open plan’ - you could hear him 1 floor up on the other side of the building

over a year ago

"The Horse Whisperer..

Is Brian blessed still clinging on to that little bit of fame by shout 'Gordon's alive' on every show he's had the fortune to be on

You can’t knock Blessed, the mans a legend!

How you see him on TV is exactly how he is, he had a meeting at our office and it’s quite ‘open plan’ - you could hear him 1 floor up on the other side of the building"

Cant stand Brian Blessed, but I'm sure he won't care!

over a year ago

"Reacher

I thought he was great!

over a year ago

"Silence of the Lambs:

Where did I say he couldn't act..I said to ME he didnt seem too scary...he has too soft/ nice a face...he might have made a great Dr.who. for example with his freindly yet wordly wise face !"

Think that's the point. It's not what he looked like but how his mind worked that was scary!

over a year ago

"Silence of the Lambs:

Where did I say he couldn't act..I said to ME he didnt seem too scary...he has too soft/ nice a face...he might have made a great Dr.who. for example with his freindly yet wordly wise face !

Think that's the point. It's not what he looked like but how his mind worked that was scary! "

perhaps before disagreeing with every post on here you should actually read them. I put in capital letters in MY opinion he wasn't scary that's MY opinion not yours.ff sake you think Cruise was cast well in Reacher..

over a year ago

Blade Runner.

Ridley Scott thought originally Dustin Hoffman could play the lead..not Harrison Ford..

over a year ago

"Silence of the Lambs:

Think that's the point. It's not what he looked like but how his mind worked that was scary!

perhaps before disagreeing with every post on here you should actually read them. I put in capital letters in MY opinion he wasn't scary that's MY opinion not yours.ff sake you think Cruise was cast well in Reacher.."

Sorry, didn't realise you were the only one allowed an opinion. My bad!

over a year ago

"Silence of the Lambs:

perhaps before disagreeing with every post on here you should actually read them. I put in capital letters in MY opinion he wasn't scary that's MY opinion not yours.ff sake you think Cruise was cast well in Reacher..

Sorry, didn't realise you were the only one allowed an opinion. My bad! "

you put a disagreement up with the above 3 posts..not just mine ..and you haven't contributed one suggestion, just dissing everyone elses suggestions to the thread ..anyway good luck with your Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. I'll be ignoring you from now on.. I've already blocked you so you can't be offensive privately.

over a year ago

Tom Cruise should have played Hannibal Lecture and Anthony

Hopkins as Reacher!

Post new Message to Thread